Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I would highly recommend Shigofumi: Letters from the Dead, if you like dark and suspenseful drama in your anime... Definitely not crap. For $7.50 it's a steal;  very good - a real surprise for me. I got mine as a blind buy during the Holiday Sales for $17.50 - ten dollars more - and even at that price it was still worth every penny! 

Anyone have any recommendations for manga shelves? I have about 350 volumes, and I'm looking for probably a double shelf (like two side by side--be it made that way or just buying two) with adjustable shelves and as tall as possible to maximize space.

No, I would highly recommend Shigofumi: Letters from the Dead, if you like dark and suspenseful drama in your anime... Definitely not crap. For $7.50 it's a steal; very good - a real surprise for me. I got mine as a blind buy during the Holiday Sales for $17.50 - ten dollars more - and even at that price it was still worth every penny!
I'll 2nd this. Shigofumi is great at that price. Really good anime *reminds himself to take out his DVD and re-watch soon*

I enjoyed Skull Man. Helps that it is connected to Cyborg 009, a series that I'm a fan of.
Just checked out the trailer for The Skull Man - looks like it might be decent, and fairly free of comedy elements - I so much try to avoid comedy in anime, just can't handle it. I prefer more serious drama anime. I'll have to check this one out, or throw it in my next order... I like the "cool jazz" music in the video - is that the type of music through the entire anime?

Ninja Resurrection is the sequel to Ninja Scroll, right?

Otherwise, I've never heard of any of these titles. Anything worth recommending?
It was only marketed that way. The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Living for the Day After Tomorrow, The Skull Man, and Shigofumi are worth picking up at these prices, for sure.

$134,000 with six days to go. Skip Beat is looking really good.
Yeah, and already at $139K this morning - it looks like it will make it to the main goal within the next 3 days, by sometime Tuesday - perhaps even on Monday if Ann does another incentive campaign like they are talking about. I am only interested in the Blu-ray upscale becoming a reality though, as I care absolutely nothing about DVDs or dubs - so hopefully there are enough days left after the DVD goal is met to build up a surge for the Blu-ray, or come close enough that it can get squeaked-in anyway... :pray:

Yeah, and already at $139K this morning - it looks like it will make it to the main goal within the next 3 days, by sometime Tuesday - perhaps even on Monday if Ann does another incentive campaign like they are talking about. I am only interested in the Blu-ray upscale becoming a reality though, as I care absolutely nothing about DVDs or dubs - so hopefully there are enough days left after the DVD goal is met to build up a surge for the Blu-ray, or come close enough that it can get squeaked-in anyway... :pray:
I think they are doing a Reddit ama on Monday so hopefully that brings in could numbers. This could be the little engine that could.

Actually they have another reveal at $140k, but Ann is probably asleep now so you'll have to check twitter to see if it's been announced. I forget the exact name, but it's the casting person who announces it :D Hope they draw in a lot more backers between now and end of the campaign.

Actually they have another reveal at $140k, but Ann is probably asleep now so you'll have to check twitter to see if it's been announced. I forget the exact name, but it's the casting person who announces it :D Hope they draw in a lot more backers between now and end of the campaign.
yup, it's in good shape but we really need to get 155k in the next 3 days.

the last 48 hours need to be for the blu ray goal if we want to make it.

yup, it's in good shape but we really need to get 155k in the next 3 days.

the last 48 hours need to be for the blu ray goal if we want to make it.
I really hope it hits. My wallet for this month is starting to feel the pinch so if it looks like it's in reach, I'm going to up my pledge again a bit more to help. Nothing to crazy as I will be balancing it out by living off ramen or a jar of peanut butter and toast for a week. :lol:

^^ Never fear, Skip Beat! is going to make the initial $155K goal by Tuesday at the latest, so it is definitely going to happen. But, I'm a bit anxious if it's going to be able to hit the $185K Blu-ray upscale stretch goal in just the remaining 3 days, even with a fairly large surge in pledging at the end...  Right now it's trending at $175K, so without a good surge it's going to fall short of the Blu-ray goal. I am not going to be very happy if I end up shelling out so much money for just a DVD-only release. But, I do love to participate in Ann's Kickstarters, as there's always so much energy in her campaigns, they are a lot of fun to participate in - so I will just have to grin and bear it if the DVDs are all we get, I suppose... 

^^ Never fear, Skip Beat! is going to make the initial $155K goal by Tuesday at the latest, so it is definitely going to happen. But, I'm a bit anxious if it's going to be able to hit the $185K Blu-ray upscale stretch goal in just the remaining 3 days, even with a fairly large surge in pledging at the end... Right now it's trending at $175K, so without a good surge it's going to fall short of the Blu-ray goal. I am not going to be very happy if I end up shelling out so much money for just a DVD-only release. But, I do love to participate in Ann's Kickstarters, as there's always so much energy in her campaigns, they are a lot of fun to participate in - so I will just have to grin and bear it if the DVDs are all we get, I suppose...
I am not to worried, as long as we meet the funding goal before the last 48 hours I would say there is a 90% chance of making it to blu ray. unless you know the 5k pledges are just for show and in the last 2 days they will both be pulled >.<;

personally I am hoping we make the original 220k or whatever it was on indiegogo.

I am not to worried, as long as we meet the funding goal before the last 48 hours I would say there is a 90% chance of making it to blu ray. unless you know the 5k pledges are just for show and in the last 2 days they will both be pulled >.<;

personally I am hoping we make the original 220k or whatever it was on indiegogo.
I'm at the 5k and I won't be pulling it. If we hit 220 that'd be kind of a miracle and I'd be happy.

Got my April Fools package from RightStuf.

Good news: It's not the same thing I got from them last year. Plus I got One Punch Man Volume 1 in case the five items I got stunk.

Bad news:
It's more of those same kinds of non-anime movies like last year. The "Cinema Deluxe" DVD's.

This time I got:

The Crooked Way

A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

Without Honor

Have A Nice Funeral

Don't Trust Your Husband

I assume that it's easy to change your pledge?  I'm going to pledge $100, but if we don't reach the 185k point, I want to switch back, because I'm not interested in any of the other stuff included.  (other than the blu-rays)

I assume that it's easy to change your pledge? I'm going to pledge $100, but if we don't reach the 185k point, I want to switch back, because I'm not interested in any of the other stuff included. (other than the blu-rays)
you can freely switch your pledge or cancel your pledge until it gets funded, once it is funded it is a lot harder. at this time I would say there is a 95% chance we get blu rays though as we got to the funded mark before the last 48 hours.

also [background=#ffffff]Caitlin Glass is kyoko which is winery from FMA[/background]

you can freely switch your pledge or cancel your pledge until it gets funded, once it is funded it is a lot harder. at this time I would say there is a 95% chance we get blu rays though as we got to the funded mark before the last 48 hours.

also Caitlin Glass is kyoko which is winery from FMA
As an FYI - I actively voted against Caitlin Glass. I don't think she'll do a good Kyoko, but I can always listen to the original. Her Petra is terrrrrrrrrrible.

Here's a buzzkill: Those $5-$10 deals from Rightstuf disappeared without any warning. I was set to order from your recommendations and the deal ended. 

Anyone have any recommendations for manga shelves? I have about 350 volumes, and I'm looking for probably a double shelf (like two side by side--be it made that way or just buying two) with adjustable shelves and as tall as possible to maximize space.
I like using DVD Media shelves to store Manga/paperback books. I like that they aren't as deep as regular bookshelves, so I don't need to stack some books behind others.

As for specifics, I like the wooden media shelves made by Sauder.

Admittingly this is not a prime solution and it doesn't work with those super-long series, but I actually have several of my series stored in Yaffa Blocks.

I like using DVD Media shelves to store Manga/paperback books. I like that they aren't as deep as regular bookshelves, so I don't need to stack some books behind others.

As for specifics, I like the wooden media shelves made by Sauder.
Except Sauder doesn't make wooden media shelves - they're all MDF or particleboard covered with a plastic wood grain veneer... they call that "manufactured wood" and it's why they have to make the shelves all a shorter length - so they don't sag quite as much from the weight of books or disc media stored on them...

I like to build my own media shelves from scratch, exactly sized the way I need them, so everything fits in just right. I use Grade A solid wood boards (knot-free pine works great and it's the least expensive) from a home improvement store. I made two 72" x 36" shelf units (originally for my Blu-ray movie collection) using 1x6" boards, so the shelves are 5 1/2" deep - just perfect for Blu-rays and DVDs. I'm going to be building two more units this spring, but this time 78" high and using 1x8" boards instead, as some of my anime chipboard boxes overhang the narrower shelves and I need a little more space between each shelf for the slightly larger dimensions of some of the anime box sets. The nice thing is, with the solid wood shelves, you can make them over 3 feet wide and still not have to worry about the shelves sagging from too much weight on them. They stay straight as a board, heheh...

Except Sauder doesn't make wooden media shelves - they're all MDF or particleboard covered with a plastic wood grain veneer... they call that "manufactured wood" and it's why they have to make the shelves ...
Yes, but that's a lot longer than the word "wooden" and is an unnecessary detail to point out that I was not referring to metal rail shelves that might damage the books.

Got my April Fools package from RightStuf.

Good news: It's not the same thing I got from them last year. Plus I got One Punch Man Volume 1 in case the five items I got stunk.

Bad news:
It's more of those same kinds of non-anime movies like last year. The "Cinema Deluxe" DVD's.

This time I got:

The Crooked Way
A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
Without Honor
Have A Nice Funeral
Don't Trust Your Husband
I didn't get five like I was originally planning. I got three April Fool ones, and three regular $1 Blind items. I'll probably be slightly less disappointed that way. I'll find out once I get home from work.

The blu-ray for Skip Beat! is going to happen, all, so instead of waiting a couple more days to up, if you haven't upped already, just up now so we can get there quicker. ;D

I got it for $4 at a pawn shop so mleah. Also the skip beat ks is only 8k from the blu ray point.

bread's done
Back