Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, This may fall the way I actually predicted, as I had One Punch Man against Your Lie In April in the final, with my first round picks... I'm for Your Lie in April all the way, though, but most likely OPM would win it, then.   I really don't want to see an "old" title like Death Note win it, even if it did have a new release this year.  

Hmm, This may fall the way I actually predicted, as I had One Punch Man against Your Lie In April in the final, with my first round picks... I'm for Your Lie in April all the way, though, but most likely OPM would win it, then. I really don't want to see an "old" title like Death Note win it, even if it did have a new release this year.
I'd prefer to see an older title win it myself, even one that I dislike. (Though I expect/want kill la kill to win) If they turn this into a yearly thing, they should just keep it to anime that came out within the year.It doesn't make any sense for all time great shows to battle it out with the current crop of moe non sense.

Ok, I was wrong, looking back, I had picked Your Lie in April against A Lull in the Sea for the finals, because I voted they way I liked them, not the way I thought would be most popular.  Still going for Your Lie all the way... because I'm caressing the gorgeous $130 Part 1 Aniplex release in my hands, as we speak...  =P~

Honestly, can't stand Death Note. It jumps the shark hard about half way through.

Kill la Kill for the win. I just finished Your Lie in April, it's good I guess. One Punch Man doesn't interest me.

Honestly, can't stand Death Note. It jumps the shark hard about half way through.

Kill la Kill for the win. I just finished Your Lie in April, it's good I guess. One Punch Man doesn't interest me.
Give OPM a whirl even if it doesn't interest you on the surface. It's fun to watch.

I like the Live Action Death Note Films more than the actual Death Note anime. 

Helps that Tatsuya Fujiwara (Known for Battle Royale and of my favorite Japanese actors) plays Light 

Isn't there a new Death Note film in the works? Thought I heard a former AKB48 member was cast (one of the ones slashed at the attack).
Yep new film. The actress who played Misa in the films is reprising her role. Don't know about the former AKB48 member being casted.

Isn't there a new Death Note film in the works? Thought I heard a former AKB48 member was cast (one of the ones slashed at the attack).
isn't like 10% of japan's female population former AKB48 members at this point :p

I mean they have over 130 current members and who knows how many former members now as they just use and spit out the girls repeatedly @_@

This came in the mail for me today. So glad I snagged the music box.

tumblr_o4vqojl2Mm1tctta4o1_r1_1280.jpg

Got my NIS 3 Premium Set for $30 plus free gifts.  Look amazing for Premium Collection

The Everyday Tales of a Cat God Premium Bonus Set

Brave 10 Premium Bonus Set
Fuse Premium Bonus Set

Look amazing & awesome collection.   Soon this will be OOP.

Blah...really? God anime voting get more shallow why don't you? haha

It's time for the final match of ‪#‎AnimeMadness‬ 2016! In one corner stands Death Note, the anime adaptation of the classic manga series, now out on Blu-ray from VizMedia!

Death Note has faced off against fan-favorites like KizuMonogatari, Mobile Suit Gundam, Tokyo Ghoul, and Your Lie in April, and it's conquered them all. Probably by writing all their names down in a notebook. Whilst eating a potato chip.

Vote for your pick to be the Anime Madness Champion at: http://www.rightstufanime.com/anime-madness

Are you really surprised? An anime that, maybe, 10% of the community has heard of, let alone seen, going up against one of the most well known anime series ever? YLIA never stood a chance.

Are you really surprised? An anime that, maybe, 10% of the community has heard of, let alone seen, going up against one of the most well known anime series ever? YLIA never stood a chance.
tokyo ghoul almost beat death note.

Round3Match1.jpg

as for you lie in april

Round4Match1.jpg

wasn't even close.

stands to reason tokyo ghoul would have beat you lie in april as well.

I was happy to see this though

Round4Match2.jpg

as I was worried that kill la kill's fans would some how beat out the far better show :p

Lol, I voted for OPM in the final, even though I haven't seen it yet, just to vote against Death Note.  I still think DN should not have even been in the tournament.  Ah well, the whole thing means absolutely nothing to me, as my personal favorites out of the entire lot are still YLIA and A Lull in the Sea - so there!   :booty:

Lol, I voted for OPM in the final, even though I haven't seen it yet, just to vote against Death Note. I still think DN should not have even been in the tournament. Ah well, the whole thing means absolutely nothing to me, as my personal favorites out of the entire lot are still YLIA and A Lull in the Sea - so there! :booty:
I voted Death Note just to cancel out your vote. :booty:

I have no particular objection to Kill La Kill. I enjoyed it, and would watch it again. But I definitely enjoyed One Punch Man quite a bit more. And I was glad to see it take that particular competition. I would definitely support One Punch Man in the final as well. Death Note is good, but isn't nearly as tight. (it outstays its welcome)

Digital Manga Launches Kickstarter For Kimagure Orange Road Manga
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-01/digital-manga-launches-kickstarter-for-kimagure-orange-road-manga/.100525

I wish it was the anime though. </3

Digital Manga Inc.'s initial goal of US$34,900 will be to publish the first omnibus volume, and the other five omnibus volumes will be stretch goals at the following amounts:

Omnibus volume 2: US$56,900
Omnibus volume 3: US$74,900
Omnibus volume 4: US$89,900
Omnibus volume 5: US$105,900
Omnibus volume 6: US$119,900
So... do they still intend to release all of if they don't reach the stretch goals?

I have no particular objection to Kill La Kill. I enjoyed it, and would watch it again. But I definitely enjoyed One Punch Man quite a bit more. And I was glad to see it take that particular competition. I would definitely support One Punch Man in the final as well. Death Note is good, but isn't nearly as tight. (it outstays its welcome)
Death Note also fails a piece on morality,considering how black and white it is about it(Light becomes a comically cartoon villain within a week of getting the book).

Seems like a lot of people in this thread despise KlK and voted against it.
despise is to strong of a word. more like actively disliked and assumed the only reason people liked it was the decent action with the crap tons amount of fan service (which the fan service is a negative for me)

that... and OPM is the best show that came out last year and easily way better than KLK. It's like comparing dragon ball z to the chrono trigger ova.

anyways right stuff april fools blind box 79 cents

apparently 5 random blind box will have $25 gift cards in them.

Digital Manga Launches Kickstarter For Kimagure Orange Road Manga

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-01/digital-manga-launches-kickstarter-for-kimagure-orange-road-manga/.100525

I wish it was the anime though. </3

Digital Manga Inc.'s initial goal of US$34,900 will be to publish the first omnibus volume, and the other five omnibus volumes will be stretch goals at the following amounts:

Omnibus volume 2: US$56,900
Omnibus volume 3: US$74,900
Omnibus volume 4: US$89,900
Omnibus volume 5: US$105,900
Omnibus volume 6: US$119,900
bleh I hate early bird specials, especially ones that offer big discounts. I likely wasn't going to back it to start with but I for sure won't since I can't get the $20 early bird and would have to pay $30 for the same thing. I can just wait for a sale since it looks like it will easily make it.

despise is to strong of a word. more like actively disliked and assumed the only reason people liked it was the decent action with the crap tons amount of fan service (which the fan service is a negative for me)

that... and OPM is the best show that came out last year and easily way better than KLK. It's like comparing dragon ball z to the chrono trigger ova.
There was a Chrono Trigger OVA?? Holy crap. I need to go hunting for that. I also feel the same about KLK. Don't despise it, just didn't think it was that great, primarily because of the over-the-top fan service and DBZ-like ridiculousness of some of the last battles.

It's comparing apples to oranges though,since both are totally different in tone and themes.KLK is super campy and self-serious with it's nonsense,while OPM is mostly a fun animation set-piece with nothing really to it,along with it not being as funny as it thinks(being self-aware of you flaws doesn't make it okay).

Despise and actively disliking something seem strikingly similar to me, but that is just arguing semantics. Anyway, back to KlK. Im guessing you didn't pick up on how KlK made fun of every single magical girl show with the transformations sequences or all the pop culture references thrown in.

My biggest problem with these brackets, is that it was not limited to a single year. How on earth can you compare something like Akira to HS D&D?

I got like halfway through KLK before I got bored. I feel like the fan service was way overdone and took away from the anime, even with the stupid reason they gave as to why it's there.

Show would have been better without it IMO.

I got a quarter way into the anime madness contest before I realized I wasn't a middle school girl and frivolous popularity contests don't mean anything nor spark any interesting discussion. 

I honestly have no issue with the way the fanservice is done in KLK,considering it's done more in the way for comedy than being just titillation,along with fitting with the whole exploitation film tone.I have issues with that stuff when it's done and shot in a creepy voyeur way(Dimension W being a recent example of that).

I honestly have no issue with the way the fanservice is done in KLK,considering it's done more in the way for comedy than being just titillation,along with fitting with the whole exploitation film tone.
I didn't mind the fanservice either, and found it to be some of the more humorous elements of the show.

Overall, I thought KLK was okay but would've been better if it had less episodes. Fine beginning and decent end, but the middle dragged a bit for me.

So many shows cram in so much filler, just to get over 20 episodes. Gundam 0080 is the perfect example of a 6-episode OVA where not a second was wasted and the end product delivered a complete story, fleshed-out characters, and a fantastic overall plot.

Despise and actively disliking something seem strikingly similar to me
dislike - you don't like something but you don't ever think about it until someone else brings it up.

actively dislike - you dislike something and will bring it up on your own to point out your dislike from time to time.

Despise - You actively hate it and even thinking about it fills you with some rage. You will take every opportunity to bad mouth this piece of trash.

much different :p

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun collector's edition going for $60 on Deepdiscount and even less with the current code.
thanks and snaggged. under $55 is a solid price for one of my wife's favorite recent anime.

Ok nm. I saw some screenshots and I saw that POS I think back in the day.
i'm both glad and sad for you as I was worried you were going to watch what I consider to be the worst anime I have ever seen :p

bread's done
Back