Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully that woman's under 35. Trump doesn't grope women above that age. Doubt he's into blue hair either. Blue hair ain't 'Mericun.
He's got my vote.

tumblr_o3jcd74dhR1v9kw7so1_1280.png

I thought it was going to be a case of them overselling it,since they were still taking preorders on it even though it was out of stock everywhere else at the time. I ended up getting it for 127.
That's a good deal after looking at the price on rightstuf.com sadly i don't have that kind of money to drop on just anything.

I guess you did not read my little ordeal with them. Also, never mix an in stock item with a preorder. They'll ship whenever that preorder comes out.
I'm curious as to what your preorder date was for the spice and wolf collection? They went up on the 29th of august and the notices for the second run explaining that they didn't have enough numbered copys and were doing a second run was on September 8th. For reference I ordered September 2nd and I got the second run email.

I ordered on 8/31 at 5:00 pm CST. I never received a 2nd run email. It wasn't until I personally had to reach out to their rep and request some info as to what was going on. That I found out I was on the 2nd run. At the time, I didn't even know their would be a 2nd run. I thought it gonna be a one off at 10000 copies.

Weird yeah they def should have let you know lol. I'm still keeping mine just cause for that price its still a good deal though the numbering would have been nice.

I ordered on 8/31 at 5:00 pm CST. I never received a 2nd run email. It wasn't until I personally had to reach out to their rep and request some info as to what was going on. That I found out I was on the 2nd run. At the time, I didn't even know their would be a 2nd run. I thought it gonna be a one off at 10000 copies.
ordered just a couple hours earlier than you and received the 2nd run email. I'm guessing they probably sold out of their run no later than the 30th.

Has anyone ever bought a blind box from rightstuf? Don't blind boxes typically have more than a single item in it. All I got was a high school d&db wallet.

Ooo, well you can send that wallet my way if you don't want it - Akeno is my waifu from that series. Black-haired babes are my favorite! :D/
15 bucks, little man, put that shit in my hand
If that money doesn't show then you owe me owe me owe
My jungle love
Oh e oh e oh
I think I wanna know ya know ya ...

Also, Koneko is the best girl.

Okay, wow. So I just came across this on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B01M6WV0W7/ref=sr_1_75?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1476758244&sr=1-75&keywords=anime&refinements=p_n_date%3A2693529011

DBZ complete collection on bluray. Anyone know more about this? Is this the orange brick sets on bluray or Dragon Box sets on Bluray?
I scrolled down and saw this.

Format: Import

Studio: Imports

Probably not a US release as we would have heard Funi say something.

You can tell it's an import by the price. Even at MSRP, a collection of all 9 Blu-ray sets would clock in at around $270-$300.

And if FUNimation did make a big box set, they would just re-use their current Blu-rays.

So I got my Escaflowne from Amazon today. It's smashed up pretty good. Box was even opened on one side. Not a happy camper.
Good thing its from amazon as they would most likely send you a replacement and let you get to keep the smashed one . I'll buy the smashed one if they send you one at a discount of course.

Well my order from Deepdiscount came damaged.The box was a little dinged and the pendent box was smashed(could not give a shit about that trinket). My issue was with one of the cases having cracks and missing one of the latches to hold the disc flap. Funi obviously just rushed this set out without any sort of quality control,considering the issues people are having with it. The silver lining being that they didn't botch the video quality.

Wow thanks for the heads up. I haven't gotten to R2 yet, still slowly working through season 1. How would I notice this issue to begin with? My 7.1 only outputs out of 1 speaker or all speakers are equally loud? I've been doing the 5.1 JP audio.
I believe its only a problem on the dub track

I was wondering what the Geass issue was that people were complaining about aside from the crooked boxes. If it's the dub track, I'm fine on my end since I only watch in Japanese with subs. Man, FUNi is sure screwing up left and right. If anything, they should have delayed things like how most video game developers would for quality checking and improvements made to the overall product... I seriously may have to start importing from the UK at this rate, especially Outlaw Star. Thankfully Amagi Brilliant Park is being handled by Sentai.

I've already started importing quite a bit from UK just in the last 4-6 months - ever since Funimation started cutting way back on their chipboard box LE releases - The UK Box sets have far nicer packaging than most anything we're getting in the US now - and Anime Limited has been removing the UK ratings logos from their chipbaord art boxes and putting them on obi's or on stickers on the shrinkwrap - Those ugly ratings logos were mainly what was preventing me from buying UK releases until now, as they completely ruined the visual appeal of the packaging when plastered all over the front, back and spine of every package. AL still has their ugly red company logo in a huge size on the spine of many of their chipboard releases with slipcovers, I'm just going to have to live with that - to me their logo looks like an elephant's butt with a bad case of hemorrhoids... 

Any suggestions of where to purchase from the UK? I know there's Amazon and Zavvi, but it's been a while since I imported from there. I only ordered twice from Amazon UK and the product came in pretty good condition, although that was years ago when Amazon as a whole still had packaging standards.

The boxes (cardboard wrapping) I get from Amazon UK usually come looking like they were ran over by several forklifts.  Thankfully though, the contents inside have always been fine (not too keen on the idea of a UK return).

The boxes (cardboard wrapping) I get from Amazon UK usually come looking like they were ran over by several forklifts. Thankfully though, the contents inside have always been fine (not too keen on the idea of a UK return).
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I can't imagine the cost it would be to send back anything to another country...

Hmm, UP1 have Outlaw Star on pre-order for £38.99 but Zavvi has it for £41.99 with an exclusive A5 print (whatever that is). Amazon is kind of a safe bet but it's £55.17 there. Opinions? Anyplace even comparable to how Rightstuf packages?

I'm going to have to get a region free BD player just for this...

I'm holding off on Outlaw Star for now. I bought Cowboy Bebop from the UK back before it was announced for the US, and though I really like that set, there's not much reason to watch it over the US one I own.

A5 is a bit over 5x8" so if that's worth £3 to you, then I'd go with Zavvi.

I usually don't rewatch anime until years later. From my initial viewing of Bebop up until this year, I've watched the show four times total. I think my last rewatch of Outlaw Star for the third time was two years ago, so I wouldn't mind watching it again next year or the year after. I just figure with FUNi holding the license and with their recent screwups, the Outlaw Star boxset will be overpriced and not up to the same quality of what Anime Limited is offering in terms of extras and PQ. Plus I really like that the UK release, cover art-wise, looks identical to the Japanese one.

Funi just emailed me back about the Geass CE... 6 to 8 weeks. I mean Ive waited since the 2013(?) announcement so whats two more months? /s

'
The boxes (cardboard wrapping) I get from Amazon UK usually come looking like they were ran over by several forklifts. Thankfully though, the contents inside have always been fine (not too keen on the idea of a UK return).
I've experienced the same - the shipping packages from both Amazon UK and Zavvi are always beat up and filthy dirty when they get to me, but I haven't yet recieved any damaged goods from the UK, knock on wood...

Shoot I figured they wouldn't fix the problem with the dub on Geass and didn't bother ordering the set. Oh well, sold out at RS now and I probably wouldn't have watched it again soon anyway.

I would totally get Children who chase BUT $6 for shipping kills it. Nothing else I wan't. Not gonna blow my load before the holiday sales.

bread's done
Back