Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
LootAnime looks really cool, but expensive...
they also give zero craps about baiting and switching people.

I was getting them for the heck of it for a while when the theme interested me and they advertised a no game no life good as the headliner for one of the bundles.

then about a week before the bundle was releasing they announced that they were switching it to a Rokka item instead, and gave zero compensation nor would let anyone cancel their order after changing the headlining object. Apparently there was supply issues for the no game no life object, but yeah, after I ended up being forced to buy a bundle I no longer wanted I stopped getting them from them.

my recommendation is to just do what I and a few others did this year, and wait and see if they do a clearance off of them as buying them at half the price, while knowing what is in them, is way better than random boxes that despite advertising what is maybe going to be in them, might contain something completely different.

Stuff added to Limited Time Offers, presumably for the weekend.

Mega Deal

Day 26

Hakuoki Season 1 Blu-ray - $34.99

Limited Time Offers

Week 4

For the weekend,

Aldnoah.Zero Canvas Fabric Art: KG-6 Sleipnir and KG-7 Areion in Flower Field - $79.98
Chibi Group Free! Water Bottle - $15.35
Ciel and Sebastian Christmas Black Butler Throw Blanket - $23.99
Edward Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Throw Blanket - $23.99
Fairy Tail Cushion: Happy Face - $28.79
FLCL Throw Blanket: Takkun (50 x 60 in) - $23.99
Garakuchika World Conquest Zvezda Plot Cushion Pillow - $23.99
Gattsu Kill la Kill Cushion Pillow - $28.79
Goku Chibi Dragon Ball Z Plush Pillow - $14.39
Group Free! Water Bottle - $15.35
Group in Water Free Throw Blanket - $23.99
Group with Sky Sublimation Dragon Ball Z Throw Blanket - $23.99
Heaven's Lost Property Tumbler: Naked Ikaros - $7.67
Jibril Chibi No Game No Life Plush Pillow - $14.39
Kaneki and Ghouls Tokyo Ghoul Fabric Poster (30 x 42 in) - $13.59
Key Art Space Dandy Tumbler - $7.67
Kill la Kill Nude Ryuko Fabric Poster - $13.60
Kill la Kill Nui Fabric Poster - $13.60
Kill la Kill Ryoka vs Satsuki Fabric Poster - $13.60
Kill la Kill Ryuko, Satsuki, and Ragyo Fabric Poster - $13.60
King Endymion Sailor Moon R Body Pillow - $31.99
Kuroko and Kagami Kuroko's Basketball Throw Blanket - $23.99
Magi Tumbler: Alibaba, Aladdin and Morgiana - $7.67
Oreimo Throw Blanket: Kirino in Orange (50 x 60 in) - $23.99
Pool with Sakura Group Free Fabric Poster (30 x 42 in) - $13.59
SD Uta Tokyo Ghoul Plush Pillow - $14.39
Sinon Sword Art Online Throw Blanket - $23.99
Holo in Cart with Apples Spice and Wolf Fabric Poster - $13.59
Sword Art Online Coasters: Kirito and Asuna (4 Coasters) - $11.99
Tokyo Ghoul Chibi Coasters - $11.99
Tokyo Ghoul Kaneki Among Flowers Fabric Poster - $13.59
Tokyo Ghoul Kaneki Fabric Poster - $13.59
Touka Tokyo Ghoul Body Pillow - $31.99
YuGiOh Pillow - $12.76

I ordered from RACS this year for the first time ever. Missed out on the SentaiFilmworks.com Cyber Monday sale, and RACS has had the best price on DVD sets of The World Only God Knows that I was missing outside of that sale, save for the OVA, but it still balanced out cheaper than ordering from RS.

I ordered from RACS this year for the first time ever. Missed out on the SentaiFilmworks.com Cyber Monday sale, and RACS has had the best price on DVD sets of The World Only God Knows that I was missing outside of that sale, save for the OVA, but it still balanced out cheaper than ordering from RS.
I don't want to break your heart, but Sentai sort of has the same sale going on right now for the holidays...

You know the Ultimate Collection is available, right?

Please tell me you didn't buy his overpriced DVDs when the entire S1-3+OVA is $50.

I already owned the Season 2 set, couldn't justify pre-ordering the complete collection... and RACS had the Patlabor Movie 3 (WXIII) soundtrack CD on clearance for $3.98 too.

But, but, I saved and didn't end up with a redundant copy of season 2 this way, and also won't have to wait until later next year to marathon the series. Oh well. Yes,I concede, the Ultimate Collection pre-ordered from RS would've been the better deal in the long run as I could have in the meantime sold or traded in season 2 somewhere. While on the topic of stupid things.

I check the recycle bin behind the customer service counter at least once a work day keeping a vigilant look out for ethernet cables and potentially viable laptop chargers and all-in-wo(blu)nder ac adaptors for Geek Squad department use.

Well tonight I checked twice, only because I needed to photocopy a form just before closing, and to my horror someone had dropped off a Nintendo Wii U game system in near mint condition to be recycled. When I asked the person who had been staffed at the counter all night about it, she said one of the inventory people had emptied the electronics recycling box in the entry foyer and that was in it. :wall:

Got an email from RS stating the holiday sale ends at Midnight on Sunday (presumably cst), but their main site says 12PM cst. It could be a mistake and should say AM, but just a heads up to any last minute shoppers, may want to order Saturday just in case.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I was wondering if anyone had a spare crunchyroll guestpass they could PM me? I wanted to watch the Toradora Christmas eve episode on well, Christmas eve but the Dub is behind the premium service. Thanks.

Barnes and Noble is having a buy 2 get 1 on manga AND there is a 20% off coupon of 100 or more. Got Spice and Wolf 1-12, Tiger & Bunny 9, and Tokyo Ghoul 1 and 2 for about a hundred bucks. Also works on box sets, omnibus editions like aot, etc.

Barnes and Noble is having a buy 2 get 1 on manga AND there is a 20% off coupon of 100 or more. Got Spice and Wolf 1-12, Tiger & Bunny 9, and Tokyo Ghoul 1 and 2 for about a hundred bucks. Also works on box sets, omnibus editions like aot, etc.
Where's that coupon?

But, but, I saved and didn't end up with a redundant copy of season 2 this way, and also won't have to wait until later next year to marathon the series. Oh well. Yes,I concede, the Ultimate Collection pre-ordered from RS would've been the better deal in the long run as I could have in the meantime sold or traded in season 2 somewhere. While on the topic of stupid things.

I check the recycle bin behind the customer service counter at least once a work day keeping a vigilant look out for ethernet cables and potentially viable laptop chargers and all-in-wo(blu)nder ac adaptors for Geek Squad department use.

Well tonight I checked twice, only because I needed to photocopy a form just before closing, and to my horror someone had dropped off a Nintendo Wii U game system in near mint condition to be recycled. When I asked the person who had been staffed at the counter all night about it, she said one of the inventory people had emptied the electronics recycling box in the entry foyer and that was in it. :wall:
So. Did you get the Wii U or what

I don't why you're banging your head. Seems to me that the Wii U belongs in the trash.

There's also a joke in there about Nintendo recycling the same games and ideas for the last 40 years.

So. Did you get the Wii U or what
No. It went off to whatever electronics hell Best Buy sends off all their "scrap" to to be recycled. It's an issue of instant firing if you are found guilty by management for removing anything from the recycling bin that will not be committed for store utilization. It's often as sickening sight to see what some people would rather commit to the destructive forces of "recycling" rather than have to deal with selling or donating to a charity with a thrift store. Not that I like Apple products, because I don't, but the reason you almost never see a second0hand Apple computer is because the fruit loops who buy those over priced wastes of space almost always hand over their old Apple computer to be recycled when they buy a new one. And BetaMax, which anything BetaMax has turned into a collectors item these days, I 've seen two rather high-end looking Beta Max players scrapped this year already. Nice looking high-end desktop computers (core i5's and i7's are frequently) recycled, Nintendo DSs, scrapped. There was even one day that truly vintage 1970's era IBM mainframe terminals turned up in the recycling bin.

I don't why you're banging your head. Seems to me that the Wii U belongs in the trash.

There's also a joke in there about Nintendo recycling the same games and ideas for the last 40 years.
Even if the system was utter crap, I still lament seeing one sent off to it's destruction knowing so many people out there still want one and are now discovering that they're rapidly vanishing from retail. At the Best Buy I'm at we sold out of Wii U in early November and have been informed we will never get them in again as the warehouse supply has nearly depleted and what few remain are being sold through the website only. As much as I have come to dislike Nintendo in general over the years I have no interest in seeing them fail to the point of dropping out of the hardware market as that would take the gaming industry out from a proverbial competitive arena setting and drop the final two contenders into a two-horse race which wouldn't be good for we the consumers.

And BetaMax, which anything BetaMax has turned into a collectors item these days, I 've seen two rather high-end looking Beta Max players scrapped this year already.
I've been looking for a Betamax replacement and it's been a chore. It's crazy what people will toss out or have recycled, even if the stuff is still in perfect working condition. Though as bad as electronics are, I've seen insane amounts of food go to waste. Did a production gig for the Food Network once--after they wrapped up filming they tossed out enough food to feed a small town. Nothing was spoiled, nor even close to beyond expiration date, all had to be disposed of.

That Barnes and Nobles B2G1 is so annoying. It makes the cheapest items free, no matter what. Buy 6x $20 and 3x $1 manga, the 3 $1 ones are the free ones. Obviously an extreme example, but still. Guess I won't order the Fruits Basket volumes that are $20.

I recycle at Best Buy frequently since they're the only place here that will take my electronics. There used to be e-waste collection days but for some reason the city stopped running them. Anyway, everything I ever brought down was in unrepairable or completely obsolete, like a 120 GB HDD, Game Boy Color with the screen blacked out, and wires for things I don't even have anymore. It's crazy that people would just toss their stuff without trying to make some kind of profit back on their previous purchase. I do a lot of selling over Craigslist, so recycling or donating anything is the utter last resort of desperation for me. Perhaps these people went through some major cleaning or have no attachment to material possessions? I have a friend who is very minimalistic. He'll buy a game, beat it, and sell it back to Gamestop for $35 after a week or two. He also had a Wii U for maybe a month before deciding to sell it back (and taking a loss, of course).

I've been looking for a Betamax replacement and it's been a chore. It's crazy what people will toss out or have recycled, even if the stuff is still in perfect working condition. Though as bad as electronics are, I've seen insane amounts of food go to waste. Did a production gig for the Food Network once--after they wrapped up filming they tossed out enough food to feed a small town. Nothing was spoiled, nor even close to beyond expiration date, all had to be disposed of.
I think that's more due to liability, because if they donate the food and someone gets sick, it could mean a lawsuit.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of broken effectively worthless electronics are dropped off to be recycled on a daily basis which should be recycled. It's the minority, one or two people daily, who drop off some item(s) that you know a demand exists for that really gets to me.

At the previous place I worked at, for over seven years, I actually got to create and oversee the recycling program there. Nothing went to waste, and our customers were perfectly fine with knowing that we might refurbish items they were dropping off for proper disposal. I dare say we raked in over a grand on average per month between selling refurbished (sometimes needed little more than a good cleaning) items and selling the properly sorted scrapped items. Hilariously, working type writers were something we could sell almost instantly. Put out a cleaned, tested, old type writer with a little sign on it that read "Jurassic Age Word Processor" and it was an easy $20 sale. We refurbished computers as well and we got anywhere from $79.00 - $249.00 on those, typically selling three or more a week. But my point is, nothing was wasted and it actually took our customer service department, which is traditionally in any business a lossy department, and turned it into a a department that nearly made enough revenue per month to cover the pay check of the full-time employee who staffed that counter. So when our customer service representative had downtime that he/she wasn't working with a customer at the counter or over the telephone, he/she was cleaning, testing, sorting scrap, and even making minor repairs to items given to our company to be recycled.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to sidetrack this topic.

The B&N sale going on right now online is super tempting, it's not just Gundam, it's anything "TV"

on DVD & Blu-Ray that is 40% off with an additional 20% off if your order total is over $100. Just spent $116 last night on a new monitor with HDMI input or I'd be ordering a few titles from this sale myself.

I think that's more due to liability, because if they donate the food and someone gets sick, it could mean a lawsuit.
to lazy to find the adam ruins everything video, but there are actual multiple laws protecting people/companies from being sued for donating any food.

in general it isn't donated merely because it is cheaper to throw it away then deal with getting it to some place that can put it to use.

That Barnes and Nobles B2G1 is so annoying. It makes the cheapest items free, no matter what. Buy 6x $20 and 3x $1 manga, the 3 $1 ones are the free ones. Obviously an extreme example, but still. Guess I won't order the Fruits Basket volumes that are $20.
Agreed, I did two separate transactions. Worth it for the 2+1 and 20% off though

I believe most of the Holiday sale items were just rolled into this "Best Of" sale.  They probably just wanted to rename the sale so that it wasn't a "Christmas" sale between 12/25 and 01/01.

Though if there was something you were considering, I would not assume that the sale will run that long.

Agreed, I did two separate transactions. Worth it for the 2+1 and 20% off though
Except their website is crap, and it doesn't actually give 20% off. Or even 15% off. It's somewhere around 12%.

Did a spreadsheet of what I needed. Subtotal was $100.xx with 9 books. Apply coupon, it says I qualified for 15% off $60-99, and the final total was like $88 pre tax.

Mmmk.

[recycling]
[recycling intensifies]
I used to work in a recycling field and we took in old electronics. Mostly old cables and sometimes laptops. Got a bunch of old genesis and nes systems one time. I brought them to a local game store and they gave me a measly $5 for the bunch. They were in varying degrees of damage so I didn't want to argue it.

Btw, a 120gb hdd can still be pretty useful if it's a 2.5" since it can be used as a quick upgrade for the 12gb PS3's.

The B&N B2G1 on manga mentioned before is good through January 16th.  There is 20% off on orders of $50 or more (online only) w/code BNDEC50. This is only good today and tomorrow (12/19 - 20).  Free shipping on orders of $25 or more.

No Manga Mondays until sometime in January.

The current rightstuf sale finally had something I wanted go on sale but everything else is at pretty random prices. A dollar more here and there. Random cents everywhere.

Btw, I noticed that if you look at your order history, you can see how much you paid, and how much it costs right now. Way to make someone feel buyers remorse.

Yup.  I only buy things when they are on sale though and that way it minimizes buyers remorse.   The CAG way.  

If you talk about value stuff a lot on other msg boards people go crazy though.  People get easily annoyed/offended by "couponing" or sale-centric behavior, whatever you want to call it. 

This year I ended up grabbing a lot from the Sentai Sales and a decent bit from RightStuf (things like Kill La Kill/ Nisekoi/ Gurren Lagann). Ended up with a good amount so far and I'm probably done for now with the sales, might get SNAFU 2 at that price and something else to hit free shipping but that would be it.

Just checked my latest order, it's all PENDING but all the shit in there shows out of stock; I wrote them to see if I'm still getting my order...I had it placed on Friday. Sat there all weekend in the pending status. It's like everyone did a mad rush on Sunday night to get stuff, lol.

I got my rightstuf order today. The $5 blindbox was digi charat complete series on dvd. Not bad.

Also, glad to say that wakaba girl's subs are pretty top notch. It's practically Mori's subs.

bread's done
Back