Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting murdered here. I wasn't expecting the sale to start today, the site layout is ass so you can't browse in any way, things are selling out as I speak, and for some reason the site is loading slow as hell for me. Like several minutes to load one page.

I'm getting murdered here. I wasn't expecting the sale to start today, the site layout is ass so you can't browse in any way, things are selling out as I speak, and for some reason the site is loading slow as hell for me. Like several minutes to load one page.
Yeah, whoever works on their UX, is not doing a very good job at all.

don't know why you didn't expect it to start today. the email clearly stated it would start today o.o As did the images I originally posted about the sale.

Glad i waited on doing my shopping on sentai sale. went into a use game/movie store and found a just traded in mint copies of Persona Animation 1/2 for 12 a piece :D plus B2G1 free. lucky day to me~

You're like me. You need new carpet but you buy video games instead.
I need to repair my two cars.

Agreed.

Who needs food, when I can share fictional meals with my waifus.
I'm having to give up cookies for the rest of the month, and a bit longer for this.

Food is secondary when it comes to anime girls...lol
Yes!

It's the might of a legion of otaku ravaging the inventory!

Either I didn't notice that part or it just slipped my mind. The other problems are unaffected either way so it doesn't matter.
Sale actually started at 12:01a.m. CST (GMT-6) last night. My computer crashed on me when I was about to commit to a big order so I went to bed and re-did my order this afternoon, by which point just one title I had wanted was sold out.

:dvd: This is the single largest anime order I've placed since losing my full time job back in early 2015. Here's what I splurged on ordering.:

$11.99 - Amagi Brilliant Park Complete Collection
$11.99 - Ambition of Oda Nobuna, The Complete Collection
$11.99 - A-Channel Complete Collection
$11.99 - Another
$11.99 - Black Bullet
$11.99 - Brynhildr in the Darkness
$ 9.99 - Devils and Realist Complete Collection
$ 5.99 - Diabolik Lovers Complete Collection
$ 5.99 - DIABOLIK LOVERS II : MORE,BLOOD Complete Collection
$11.99 - Dusk, maiden of Amnesia
$ 9.99 - Fruit of Grisaia, The Complete Collection
$15.99 - GATE Complete Collection
$19.99 - Golgo 13: Complete Collection
$ 9.99 - Hanaukyo Maid Team: La Verite Complete Collection
$ 5.99 - He is My Master
$ .99 - High School Of The Dead: Drifters of the Dead OVA
$11.99 - Himouto! Umaru-chan Complete Collection
$ 9.99 - Humanity Has Declined Complete Collection
$ 5.99 - Kino's Journey (2017) Complete Collection
$11.99 - Knights of Sidonia Complete Collection
$11.99 - Knights of Sidonia Season 2: Battle for Planet Nine Complete Collection
$11.99 - Kokoro Connect Complete Series
$ 9.99 - Labyrinth of Grisaia + Eden of Grisaia Complete Collection
$ 7.99 - Mardock Scramble: The Trilogy
$ 5.99 - Mezzo Complete Collection
$ 5.99 - Momo, the Girl God of Death Complete Collection
$11.99 - Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Collection 1
$11.99 - Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Collection 2
$11.99 - No Game, No Life Complete Collection
$11.99 - Outbreak Company
$ 9.99 - Rail Wars! Complete Collection
$ 9.99 - Sasami-San@Ganbaranai Complete Collection
$ 4.99 - Short Peace
$ 9.99 - So, I Can't Play H Complete Collection
$13.99 - Time Jam: Valerian & Laureline Complete Collection
$ 4.99 - Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories Complete Collection
total: $362.64 :shipfree:

Honestly, these sale prices are cheaper than used prices at my local media shops. :whee:

I tried to not go over $300 as I feel there is a excellent chance at good publisher sales from NISA and Funi still yet to come... and the two cars that need repairing. Probably going to end up kicking myself for not splurging and going for the $500 mark to get that $100.00 bonus gift certificate code, but the $50 one was still a sweet bonus!

so the food wars bundle is up.

DBwgfcN.png

so at this point I would say it's safe to assume all of the bundles will be 50% off plus a random item from their merch.

which makes this one and the my love story one both $100, and more than I want to spend on them.

if that is a good enough price for you though... the schedule again

TUjgVdA.png

Hmm thanks for the heads up. Not as good as last time. And I sadly don't have the money right now. I'm going to hold out for a deep drop.

lol dvds i only use dvds for classic shows other wise i watch blurays for anime on my oled and giant atmos sound system. Some of ya like 480p must be in the stone age!

I'm tired of waiting for the dang PE set of Ajin to drop to a decent price - lowest I've seen it was about $78. I going to get the UK CE set instead. Looks much nicer, no stupid DVDs so less of a space hog, and uses a digipak. 

I thought the sale now is Black Friday.
Yes, that's SentaiFilmworks BF sale, I should have been more specific and said waiting for the other publishers BF & CM sales.

lol dvds i only use dvds for classic shows other wise i watch blurays for anime on my oled and giant atmos sound system. Some of ya like 480p must be in the stone age!
I still have VHS & BetaMax tapes, not to mention LaserDiscs and HD-DVDs.

fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_postcard-r8f9fccfb53a44d79858ef10b46841ab7_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Finally went to the Sentai site to see what all the hullabaloo was. The first thing I see is that they're releasing squid girl, but I can't just buy season 2 by itself.
[attachment=28722:SmartSelectImage_2017-11-19-01-43-23.png]

finally getting around to watch some anime.

From the New world to be exact.

seriously, people should watch this series @_@

so good @_@

I have 2 eps to go, but if I didn't already own this it would be a must buy for me.

I'm tired of waiting for the dang PE set of Ajin to drop to a decent price - lowest I've seen it was about $78. I going to get the UK CE set instead. Looks much nicer, no stupid DVDs so less of a space hog, and uses a digipak.
Everything you said is wrong. ;)

1 - UK
2 - digicrap

No thanks... :p I'm sure Ajin will drop. I still need both of them. Finally got my GATE LE in after waiting 6 months for the replacement.

finally getting around to watch some anime.

From the New world to be exact.

so good @_@

I have 2 eps to go, but if I didn't already own this it would be a must buy for me.
Wasn't a fan of that series at all, but glad it appeals to someone.

so good @_@
Oh man, From the New World was awesome, I went into it thinking it was going to be some cutesy thing, but totally wrong. Just have to skip over the couple of Yuri and Yaoi scenes, as I don't need to be exposed to that.

Everything you said is wrong. ;)

1 - UK
2 - digicrap

No thanks... :p I'm sure Ajin will drop. I still need both of them. Finally got my GATE LE in after waiting 6 months for the replacement.
Is what makes it so awesome, lol. The less Funi and Sentai releases in my collection, the better. Nothing I like more than to find out that a title is going to be released in the US by Aniplex instead of those two.

Well, my main issues with Sentai are that their PEs are over-bloated, and that my BD player has problems with their subtitles not displaying correctly on many of their releases - although that issue will go away once I upgrade my Oppo player to the 4K model soon. Also, Sentai's major lying and coverup with the Beautiful Bones fiasco a year ago really peeved me.

Funi I just despise because of their total incompetence with everything they touch.

Saw on Facebook that Rightstuf is going to have Black Friday cart toppers. Apparently Nichijou Blu-ray will be 50% off today... I think since it’s just turned midnight it didn’t set in yet... but I’d buy it once it’s up

Saw on Facebook that Rightstuf is going to have Black Friday cart toppers. Apparently Nichijou Blu-ray will be 50% off today... I think since it’s just turned midnight it didn’t set in yet... but I’d buy it once it’s up
I mean... funimation is also launching their black friday sale today...

so you might want to wait for that as well, as it could be even more off directly from funimation.

At those prices I can definitely resist.
LOL, I know what you mean. I convinced myself otherwise. Must have been my initial reaction when I woke up until I came to my senses and realized the UK version is ridiculously cheaper when it's not even on sale.

Yea, Funimation's sale isn't bad, I got a couple sets half off the 50% price that Rightstuf is running on their BF prices, LOL.

I'm not even gonna look at Rightstuf or Funi. With Sentai and other things, I've spent way more than I should have, and I haven't even done my Christmas shopping yet.

Trying to place an order on Rightstuf but keep getting "gift certificate not valid" during checkout...even though I'm not using one. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

Record of Lodoss War seems like a good price at RIghtstuf?
It's the lowest it's been and lower than Funi, which doesn't have it on sale. Presuming Funi doesn't put it on sale later in the week, it's as good as time as any to get it. Thinking about it myself, though I'm going to wait the week and see if Funi puts it on sale on Thur/Fri.

Pulled the trigger on FUNi by grabbing Nichijou, Kenshin movie 1, and Wolf's Rain. Hoping they reveal a few more things later in the week.

Oh man, From the New World was awesome, I went into it thinking it was going to be some cutesy thing, but totally wrong. Just have to skip over the couple of Yuri and Yaoi scenes, as I don't need to be exposed to that.

Is what makes it so awesome, lol. The less Funi and Sentai releases in my collection, the better. Nothing I like more than to find out that a title is going to be released in the US by Aniplex instead of those two.

Well, my main issues with Sentai are that their PEs are over-bloated, and that my BD player has problems with their subtitles not displaying correctly on many of their releases - although that issue will go away once I upgrade my Oppo player to the 4K model soon. Also, Sentai's major lying and coverup with the Beautiful Bones fiasco a year ago really peeved me.

Funi I just despise because of their total incompetence with everything they touch.
Aniplex is an absolute garbage company. I'm glad most of their series are as shitty as their business practices, or this hobby would cost me a lot more than it already does. I gladly fill my collection with >90% FUNi and Sentai Blu-rays. I have hundreds of titles none of which are Aniplex, and I plan to keep it that way.

I never watch subs anyway so that issue will never bother me.

Aniplex is an absolute garbage company. I'm glad most of their series are as shitty as their business practices, or this hobby would cost me a lot more than it already does. I gladly fill my collection with >90% FUNi and Sentai Blu-rays. I have hundreds of titles none of which are Aniplex, and I plan to keep it that way.

I never watch subs anyway so that issue will never bother me.
Lol, yeah, that's a typical response I would expect in this forum. It is quite entertaining here sometimes - Thanks! :mrgreen:

Lol, yeah, that's a typical response I would expect in this forum. It is quite entertaining here sometimes - Thanks! :mrgreen:
this is "cheap ass gamer". The vast majority of people here don't care anything about Aniplex for obvious reasons. You were trolling. I know you well enough to think it's not an accident when you post about Aniplex on here. :p

I got my first Sentai order today and the box had Rightstuf "Anime Fulfillment Center" as the sender.

They're pulling stock from the same warehouse.

Never knew that. Aside from a couple video game adaptations I really only go to buy shows around Black Friday and put in one huge order.

I do find it scary just how many of the shows I watched were picked up by a single company though. 

I'd like to know which forums you frequent that actually worship Aniplex. AFAIK even during their own panels at conventions, they just ignore any questions asked about pricing entirely.

I'd like to know which forums you frequent that actually worship Aniplex. AFAIK even during their own panels at conventions, they just ignore any questions asked about pricing entirely.
Forums that care about quality of the release rather than the price ( I know the specific forums he is talking about), their releases are typically better video quality wise than funi and sentai releases.

Regardless, this whole argument is annoying and everyone should stop

bread's done
Back