Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
They have Lucky Star Blu-Ray + DVD for $30. Is it worth a Blu-Ray upgrade if you already have the DVD set? Is it an upscale or was it shot in HD?

They have Lucky Star Blu-Ray + DVD for $30. Is it worth a Blu-Ray upgrade if you already have the DVD set? Is it an upscale or was it shot in HD?
Based on research I’ve done, it’s an upscale that looks quite bad. Somewhere I found the screenshots from FUNi’s release versus the Japanese release and the FUNi upscale, while featuring better-looking subs which is standard for Blu vs DVD, the PQ is barely better than the DVDs. I personally kept my Lucky Star Bandai box set and DVDs and resisted on upgrading despite price drops. The Anime Limited version looked no better.

Based on research I’ve done, it’s an upscale that looks quite bad. Somewhere I found the screenshots from FUNi’s release versus the Japanese release and the FUNi upscale, while featuring better-looking subs which is standard for Blu vs DVD, the PQ is barely better than the DVDs. I personally kept my Lucky Star Bandai box set and DVDs and resisted on upgrading despite price drops. The Anime Limited version looked no better.
I love Lucky Star and wouldn't have minded double dipping (already have the Bandai set, and I think some of the individual DVD releases), but I don't need to pay for minimal gains. Guess I'll pick up the BR set if it drops to $20 someday.

Thanks for the info!

One of my local flea markets has the Gundam Wing Boxset with the chipboard box for like $60. Thing is i own the whole series sans the chip box and just want the Chip box for my series. Kinda tempted to buy it and trade the series in at a local Disc Replay or something. 

If only I wasn’t a stickler about the Code Geass art used for the CE box, I would have been all over that price error last year with you all. Can’t believe Amazon actually packed it well in bubble wrap.

Forgot about how long everyone had to wait for FotNS to ship. The SD BD release made me forget they had a complete seekers release with a whole ton of DVDs crammed into a case.

If only I wasn’t a stickler about the Code Geass art used for the CE box, I would have been all over that price error last year with you all. Can’t believe Amazon actually packed it well in bubble wrap.

Forgot about how long everyone had to wait for FotNS to ship. The SD BD release made me forget they had a complete seekers release with a whole ton of DVDs crammed into a case.
I don't remember I just know it randomly shipped one day

FUNi sale going on at Rightstuf.

Anything better than previous sale prices? I'm looking at Record of Lodoss War. Forget how much it was back in December, but IIRC, was it something like $45? Same for the Fruits Basket box. If anything, I can definitely wait for the holiday season since they could possibly go even lower.

Is ReLife good, I've been wondering about it.
The original 13 eps were good. Interesting premise and well executed story.

I haven't seen the final 4 eps that aired recently. They supposedly cover the conclusion of the manga and include more drama than the tv series.

The original 13 eps were good. Interesting premise and well executed story.

I haven't seen the final 4 eps that aired recently. They supposedly cover the conclusion of the manga and include more drama than the tv series.
I thought overall it was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

I’ll be the one to oppose recommending ReLife. While the concept of an adult going back to high school to remedy his social problems is an interesting idea, the story is bland with no twists and a predictable romance. The animation looks lazy and the characters are forgettable once the series is over. I’ve watched the series plus the last four OVAs. Thought the OVAs would redeem the series but all it did was confirm how generic the whole show was.

Is ReLife good, I've been wondering about it.
It's good, but I would recommend just reading the manga.

it's full color and like anime stills anyways, and covers stuff the anime doesn't.

I haven't watched the last 4 eps... but there is no way they covered everything in the last 100 chapters (the same amount of content the first series covered)

Did anyone's order from Funimation got cancelled? I got an email that it was. Trying to figure it out on why.

Edit: It’s just me. Odd on how come, but I’ll handle this.

Would depends on how the book ends actually looks.

Also, what's on the vinyls? The OSTs was 3+1 CDs, wasn't it? So there must be something cut.
the book ends could be the sexiest thing ever and I wouldn't pay $300 for them.

anyways

rightstuf is losing Maria watches over us

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-05-03/nozomi-entertainment-maria-watches-over-us-license-expires/.131157

they are selling what they have left at $12 per season on their site though it seems they already sold out of season 3.

Did anyone order from Funimation got cancelled? Mine just did and the worst part is the sale is over. I don't know what gives but before jumping any conclusion, I would like to know if anyone else was affected.

What item did you order?
Hyouka Part 1+2

Death Parade

Assassination Classroom Season 1 Part 1+2

The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya & Nyoron! Churuya-san - The Complete Series (just to complete Haruhi collection)

I know both Hyouka were backordered, but they told me my payment was error. I don't get how when I use the same one before. The worst part is the sale is over, so I can't even get the sale price anymore.

I guess next time I shouldn't use PayPal, even though I prefer it over direct card. I don't like how they just cancel without any notice of fixing the payment or something. It's a backstabbing move.

Did anyone order from Funimation got cancelled? Mine just did and the worst part is the sale is over. I don't know what gives but before jumping any conclusion, I would like to know if anyone else was affected.
A lot of people on the 3rd got theirs canceled. Look up a bit. Same thing with people on other sites.

I had mine cancelled last week Friday out of the blue, and they gave me the same "your form of payment couldn't be charged" excuse. I used Paypal, so that was a load of horseshit. I won't be ordering from them again.

I had mine cancelled last week Friday out of the blue, and they gave me the same "your form of payment couldn't be charged" excuse. I used Paypal, so that was a load of horseshit. I won't be ordering from them again.
So I am not alone. Well, they told me to give them time to go through thoroughly my order. I will wait but I won't get my hopes up. I don't get why the problem becomes this apparent now.

It's always a good day when I open the mailbox and find a RightStuf catalog.

Last scratch off I got was for a 10% discount. This time around ...

10%. Woohoo.

Good timing because I might pick up some My Hero Academia merchandise. From what I saw on Toonami so far, I liked it.

bread's done
Back