Anime Sale at Buy.com

Do you think i will have any problems if i have like 9 different google checkout accounts sending to the same address?

[quote name='buurrnn']Do you think i will have any problems if i have like 9 different google checkout accounts sending to the same address?[/QUOTE]

Don't know but I would like to know this also. I just ordered 2 anime dvds with free shipping for only 22 bucks that just came out less then a month ago lol

[quote name='buurrnn']Do you think i will have any problems if i have like 9 different google checkout accounts sending to the same address?[/quote]

I think they suspend your GCO account once you have used the same credit/debit card 4-5 times.

[quote name='onikage']I think they suspend your GCO account once you have used the same credit/debit card 4-5 times.[/QUOTE]

Eep! Thats not good for me, since google mail is my main email address. Luckily I didn't do it more then once though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Not a bad price on the Devil Hunter Yohko boxset.[/quote]
Do NOT let you parents see you watch episode 1:booty:

[quote name='eau']Do NOT let you parents see you watch episode 1:booty:[/quote]

Are we talking sex or violence here, or perhaps a delightful mixture of both?

[quote name='eau']Do NOT let you parents see you watch episode 1:booty:[/quote]

Hah! Thank God I am a grown man...that loves anime. 8-[

:lol:

That first episode is definitely borderline hentai compared to the rest of the series.

[quote name='eau']Do NOT let you parents see you watch episode 1:booty:[/QUOTE]

And back come the high-school memories of unwittingly choosing and watching this with my family as my weekly anime rental. I lost my right to pick the tape the next week.

Then my mom picked Demon City Shinjuku cuz she like horror flicks 8-[ I made a bet with mom about half an hour in that if heard fuck another 10 times, I got to pick the movie again. They did. Then my brother made a bet with us that if they said it another 10 times, he got to pick the next movie. They did.

He picked Biohazard.

We then realized it is exceptionally difficult to judge anime content from a rental box without extensive experience with the genre. :lol:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']And back come the high-school memories of unwittingly choosing and watching this with my family as my weekly anime rental. I lost my right to pick the tape the next week.

[/quote]

:rofl:

The first anime I ever recall renting was Ninja Scroll, and thank God I wasn't watching that with my parents. There would have been an abundance of WTFs being uttered.:lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:rofl:

The first anime I ever recall renting was Ninja Scroll, and thank God I wasn't watching that with my parents. There would have been an abundance of WTFs being uttered.:lol:[/quote]

I made the mistake of taking advice from a sales clerk at Best Buy once when he suggested Ninja Resurrection. My mom had to buy it since I was 12, and we watched it during supper.

We stopped watching it after the part where the bad guy cut off his finger, and the finger crawled up his daughter's leg and raped her. That led to "the talk". It just wasn't a fun night.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Raise your hand if you think that $13-14 bucks is STILL too much for 45-55 mins of 10FPS animation?[/QUOTE]

Raises hand! Heads to ebay for some 6-7$ viewed once legit anime dvds!

[quote name='SaraAB']Raises hand! Heads to ebay for some 6-7$ viewed once legit anime dvds![/QUOTE]

*nudge nudge*

Just a tip... the really good shows don't get that cheap, even on Ebay.

If they did, I'd have the last 2 volumes of Princess Tutu by now. ;)

I ordered some stuff from this sale, came out to $8.30 shipped; which isnt bad for some of the new releases. I know Gilgamesh has gone for up to $120 used on ebay. $56~ for the whole series isnt bad; though with the thinpack announced, im sure prices'll drop.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Raise your hand if you think that $13-14 bucks is STILL too much for 45-55 mins of 10FPS animation?[/quote]This comment of yours bothers me quite a bit, you make it sound like the quality of American animation is any better. I'm an animation student, and I can tell you the hard work put into a single 22 minute episode is huge. It takes me 3 weeks/20 days to make a 12 frame walk cycle loop seemlessly >.< So yes, for 13-14 bucks you are getting your moneys worth!

[quote name='Mikko']This comment of yours bothers me quite a bit, you make it sound like the quality of American animation is any better. I'm an animation student, and I can tell you the hard work put into a single 22 minute episode is huge. It takes me 3 weeks/20 days to make a 12 frame walk cycle loop seemlessly >.< So yes, for 13-14 bucks you are getting your moneys worth![/QUOTE]

Not only that but the cost of licensing a single episode is at $40,000 at the low end and $100,000 at the high end, and that's before dubbing, manufacturing and distribution. A four episode disc costs around a quarter of a million dollars if the show did moderately well in Japan. Those costs have to be recouped somewhere and not everything gets a TV deal.

I use Netflix to rent my anime. Then I send um back and get a new dvd within the next few days. It only costs me like 17 bucks a month... the same price as one discounted dvd. And if I like any anime enough, I'll go to bestbuy and get it. The local bestbuy has single dvds at 20 bucks each. Send me a message if you want me to pick anything up there.

I got the Azumanga boxset there for like 67 bucks. Well worth it ;)

bread's done
Back