Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Apossum']good stuff, looks like a pretty thick plot so far. I'm debating whether I should procrastinate and go through a few more episodes.[/QUOTE]
Oh, you know you'd rather watch more.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I think I may open up my DVD player and clean off the lens, see if I can watch something after that. I would have started on Monster 2 days ago if it were working.[/QUOTE]Well that didn't work, so either I'll try to get a replacement player (better check the warranty) or just watch on my computer. I just didn't want to sit through 74 episodes wearing my grados. Sure they sound great, but they aren't very comfortable after the first couple hours.

alright, I just finished getting up to episode 170 in naruto... here is the dillemma, I need a new anime.. can any1 recommend me a good one? I liked naruto alot.

BTW, are the naruto movies worth watching?

[quote name='help1']alright, I just finished getting up to episode 170 in naruto... here is the dillemma, I need a new anime.. can any1 recommend me a good one? I liked naruto alot.

BTW, are the naruto movies worth watching?[/QUOTE]
Yakitate Japan! Its the only other anime I keep up with besides Naruto and Bleach. Also FMA and Samurai Champloo are good, but they have a short run.

[quote name='help1']alright, I just finished getting up to episode 170 in naruto... here is the dillemma, I need a new anime.. can any1 recommend me a good one? I liked naruto alot.

Besides Bleach, which is like Naruto except more mature in a way, but not completely, I'd suggest Shakugan no Shana, FMA, Mai HiME followed by Mai Otome, Monster (though something tells me you won't find Monster that great), and all three of the Full Metal Panic shows.

Check out Beet the Vandel Hunter, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Samurai Champloo.

I've been quite partial to Card Captor Sakura and GaoGaiGar recently.

[quote name='karsh']Monster (though something tells me you won't find Monster that great)[/QUOTE]
Either that or his standards are so low that Monster will seem like Christ's second coming.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Either that or his standards are so low that Monster will seem like Christ's second coming.[/QUOTE]
You should probably just get a Monster sig. It would save typing for you.

But then we wouldn't be able to see the summary of the greatest scene EVER in FMA whenever Kirin posted. I still laugh everytime I think about Havoc and that scene.

And yeah. Just from seeing how much help1 seem's to have liked Naruto, and considering what I've seen of him in the past, something tells me Monster will just go flying over his head and he'll say it's too slow. Which reminds me I should get back to Monster. It's just Shakugan no Shana has just grabbed a hold of me lately and I can't stop watching it.

[quote name='karsh']But then we wouldn't be able to see the summary of the greatest scene EVER in FMA whenever Kirin posted. I still laugh everytime I think about Havoc and that scene.[/QUOTE]
I don't recall any pomato when Scar found out who was responsible for Ishbal in the second to latest manga chapter, aka the greatest FMA scene ever.

edit: greatest yet, anyway.

[quote name='jmcc']I don't recall any pomato when Scar found out who was responsible for Ishbal in the second to latest manga chapter, aka the greatest FMA scene ever.

edit: greatest yet, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Alright. You got me there. I shoulda said anime-specific, though Scar absolutely raping the biker gang who attacked the Ishballans was awesome too. And Basque Gran's head going pop. You know. I forgot how many badass scenes Scar really had. Though the Pomato scene was made even better in the dub due to some of the random ass things Havoc said that I don't think he said in the subbed version.

Watch Berserk.

Thanks guys, im starting to pick up bleach, if i find it boring (so far its not) ill just try some of the others... What is better watch Bleach and another anime or stick only to one anime (bleach)?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Daily Monster post:

Just picked up volume one of the domestic Monster manga today at Borders.[/QUOTE]Just picked it up myself. I might read it tonight.

Just picked up volume one of the domestic Monster manga today at Borders.[/QUOTE]
You forgot to mention that titles more popular than Monster and the readership of said titles are stupid.

Champloo is more a normal sized series. As opposed to Bleach and Naruto which can easily go 100-200 episodes, Champloo is only 26 episodes. It's one of my favorite shows. There's some awesome fight sequences but I love the interactions between the three main characters (Mugen, Jin and Fuu).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just picked it up myself. I might read it tonight.[/QUOTE]Well, I read it. It was ok, basic intro stuff. So far there are absolutely no likable characters though. Hope that changes.

[quote name='jmcc']You forgot to mention that titles more popular than Monster and the readership of said titles are stupid.[/QUOTE]
You just said it for me!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well, I read it. It was ok, basic intro stuff. So far there are absolutely no likable characters though. Hope that changes.[/QUOTE]
Tenma is very likeable! But like you said, the rest of it is mostly setup; I don't think you're supposed to like Eva, the hospital director, Lunge, or *especially* not Johan. I'm loving all of the glowing reviews the first volume is receiving. It'll likely be my pick for manga of the year. With any luck, the popularity of the manga will aid in an eventual DVD release, too!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Tenma is very likeable! But like you said, the rest of it is mostly setup; I don't think you're supposed to like Eva, the hospital director, Lunge, or *especially* not Johan. I'm loving all of the glowing reviews the first volume is receiving. It'll likely be my pick for manga of the year. With any luck, the popularity of the manga will aid in an eventual DVD release, too![/QUOTE]Actually, to me Johan is the most likeable, but I still don't like him that much. Maybe the sister, she didn't really do anything annoying. :lol:

Tenma is okay, but I don't really like him. At least not yet.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Watch Berserk.[/QUOTE]

Berserk was hilarious...particularly the part with the naked old man sitting on a chair and petting a dog.

I was watching it with my sister and we almost died from laughing when we saw that part :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Actually, to me Johan is the most likeable, but I still don't like him that much. Maybe the sister, she didn't really do anything annoying. :lol:

Tenma is okay, but I don't really like him. At least not yet.[/QUOTE]

For me, the characters so far in what I've watched that I like have been Tenma and Nina. Tenma gets a lot more likeable so far as the show progresses, and Nina was awesome from the moment you meet her. Johan is definitely supposed to be the character you're not supposed to like, but we've always known you've been out there Subbie as far as liking characters go (though Naruto-wise, we're pretty close; besides me liking Jiraiya, we have a lot of similar characters we like in Shikamaru and Temari, etc). So it almost doesn't surprise me you like Johan. Though I'm not sure how far the manga gets, so I don't know if you've seen the more despicable Johan.

[quote name='karsh']Though I'm not sure how far the manga gets, so I don't know if you've seen the more despicable Johan.[/QUOTE]
Volume one ends after the parking garage scene with Johan, and Tenma's first encounter with Lunge, so yeah, he's seen what Johan is like.

MONSTER SO GOOD!!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Volume one ends after the parking garage scene with Johan, and Tenma's first encounter with Lunge, so yeah, he's seen what Johan is like.

MONSTER SO GOOD!![/QUOTE]

Yeah....Then he's definitely seen what Johan is like. Now I can't wait to watch more Monster tomorrow.

Just picked up volume one of the domestic Monster manga today at Borders.[/QUOTE]Ooh, I've been waiting for a US release of the manga,
I read it long before Kirin began whoring out the anime, I'm glad its finally made it over.

personally, I like the manga more than the anime (I usually prefer manga anyways), but I like how faithful to the manga the anime is.

171 is taking its sweet time today...maybe it'll be done downloading by the time I get back from class...

[quote name='karsh']Damn is chapter 294 gonna be awesome animated..[/QUOTE]I wonder how long they'll stretch it. The chapters these days are extremely short, I guess they just count on the animators to fill out the fights.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wonder how long they'll stretch it. The chapters these days are extremely short, I guess they just count on the animators to fill out the fights.[/QUOTE]

True. There's maybe like 5 minutes of animation, if that so far for this fight.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Oro is fuckin' insane. :shock:

And, is that what I think it is there at the end? :shock:[/QUOTE]

i think he/it just created a mini black hole, which will suck in Oro to the place xplodin Deidra's go

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i think he/it just created a mini black hole, which will suck in Oro to the place xplodin Deidra's go[/QUOTE]

LOL

I'm pretty sure he just made like the ultimate Rasengan.

[quote name='karsh']LOL

I'm pretty sure he just made like the ultimate Rasengan.[/QUOTE]

most likely, but whatever it is, to scare the crap out of Oro, it must be chalked full on sannin killin chakra

[quote name='help1']They should make an anime on gaara, it would be quite intresting.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily, it'd have to be a short series and I see much that would make it interesting.

I guess I'll call the next anime thread, as I've got an idea lined up.

I was searching online, and found that Amazon has the ROD OVA for 17.99 (I think that's what it was). Since I have a free trial of Prime on there that gives me free shipping, I'm considering picking it up. Is there anywhere B&M where I could get it for less than 18 dollars? Thanks!

Also, rawr, the manga was delayed till late March.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I was searching online, and found that Amazon has the ROD OVA for 17.99 (I think that's what it was). Since I have a free trial of Prime on there that gives me free shipping, I'm considering picking it up. Is there anywhere B&M where I could get it for less than 18 dollars? Thanks!

Also, rawr, the manga was delayed till late March.[/QUOTE]
DDD has it for $11, though, with freeshipping according to Pricegrabber, so...uh...you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back