Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 60 was definitely awesome. I forgot how much I loved a certain character's entrance, or re-entrance.

[quote name='karsh']Bleach 60 was definitely awesome. I forgot how much I loved a certain character's entrance, or re-entrance.[/QUOTE]

it kinda goes down hill from there unless you like to see that favorite character in action to be followed by a buttttttttttttttttttttload of filler

[quote name='Mouse']I normally avoid the anime threads, because you guys scare me.

However, I was in Hot Topic yesterday, and found something really cool.
They've got Vash the Stampede jackets for sale.

But at $90 for what's essentially a costume (it was crappy quality) there was no way I'd buy it.

I did get a picture of me in it though.

Edit: Thumbnailed[/QUOTE]
Is that leather, plastic, or some other shiny material?

Yeah, Bleach is most likely gonna go into a filler arc soon, but who knows...It may actually prove to be a decent filler arc. So far, I've enjoyed the filler in Bleach. They've been entertaining, which is all I ask from filler. And since it most likely will deal with Ichigo and Shinigamis instead of Don Kannoji, I think there's potential for this to be an awesoe filler arc.

God, I'd forgotten what a terrible villain Nvmra is. He's to the series what Ghalleon was to Lunar: a chatty bitch who was invincible until the final battle of the game.

edit: redacted spoiler

[quote name='jmcc']God, I'd forgotten what a terrible villain Nvmra is. He's to the series what Ghalleon was to Lunar: a chatty bitch who was invincible until the final battle of the game.

edit: redacted spoiler[/QUOTE]

Ghaleon is awesome. Where else do you find a villain who really does think he's doing good things by harnessing the powers of the ancient dragons and the goddess of the world and trying to destroy the world? I mean, his reasoning is one of the few villains in a game I can see why they're doing it. After all the sacrifices that he and his friends made trying to protect Althena were just being thrown aside by society, so he had to do something, and the only thing that came to his mind was to destroy this world and start again. Ghaleon is easily one of my favorite video game villains, right up there with the ultimate psycho, Luca Blight.

[quote name='karsh']Ghaleon is awesome. Where else do you find a villain who really does think he's doing good things by harnessing the powers of the ancient dragons and the goddess of the world and trying to destroy the world? I mean, his reasoning is one of the few villains in a game I can see why they're doing it. After all the sacrifices that he and his friends made trying to protect Althena were just being thrown aside by society, so he had to do something, and the only thing that came to his mind was to destroy this world and start again. Ghaleon is easily one of my favorite video game villains, right up there with the ultimate psycho, Luca Blight.[/QUOTE]
Counterpoint: all three long to consume their own farts. It's so pathetic.

Bleach ch207's title is Mode: Genocide
the raw is out at the link I posted below,

and damn, Heheh (thats rot13, not laughter) kicks ass,
it makes you wonder if she's actually real or created from the way she speaks,
there is a very quick sloppy translation on the 2nd page of the thread, 2nd post posted by Hiken

http://bleachforums.com/showthread.php?t=10784

[quote name='LiquidNight']Bleach ch207's title is Mode: Genocide

there is a very quick sloppy translation on the 2nd page of the thread, 2nd post posted by Hiken

http://bleachforums.com/showthread.php?t=10784[/QUOTE]Hot damn. :hot: :cool:

[quote name='LiquidNight']Bleach ch207's title is Mode: Genocide

http://bleachforums.com/showthread.php?t=10784[/QUOTE]

holy crap she always made me laugh but wow, though she really got the bull by the horns.

It looks like those of you that've been missing dubbed Naruto have gotten the chance to catch up. For New Year's Eve, there will be a 17 episode marathon starting at 2:30 PM on CN.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like those of you that've been missing dubbed Naruto have gotten the chance to catch up. For New Year's Eve, there will be a 17 episode marathon starting at 2:30 PM on CN.[/QUOTE]

That's more episodes than I could ever stand of Naruto.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like those of you that've been missing dubbed Naruto have gotten the chance to catch up. For New Year's Eve, there will be a 17 episode marathon starting at 2:30 PM on CN.[/QUOTE]That sounds good and all, but a few days ago I actually caught about 5 minutes of a dubbed episode. fucking horrible. :cry:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']That sounds good and all, but a few days ago I actually caught about 5 minutes of a dubbed episode. fucking horrible. :cry:[/QUOTE]

believe it!

I've got the current Bleach opening stuck in my head. Well actually, only the last 10 seconds, as that's all I ever hear. Still, not bad.[quote name='Ikohn4ever']believe it![/QUOTE]And I only had to hear that shit once! :lol:

Yamato has the craziest jutsus, I guess its because most of Kakashi's skills have either already been seen or since we have seen him since the begining, but he seems to be not as great in my eyes as of late. Sure he has his new jutsu, but he always seems to be getting hurt Goku style. I am sure we will see Kakashi go all out soon against someone. Oh and who do you think the cloaked stranger in the pale moonlight is.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Yamato has the craziest jutsus, I guess its because most of Kakashi's skills have either already been seen or since we have seen him since the begining, but he seems to be not as great in my eyes as of late. Sure he has his new jutsu, but he always seems to be getting hurt Goku style. I am sure we will see Kakashi go all out soon against someone. Oh and who do you think the cloaked stranger in the pale moonlight is.[/QUOTE]Summoning (well, not technically) a house is nifty, but how useful is that in battle, really? :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Summoning (well, not technically) a house is nifty, but how useful is that in battle, really? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I dont think it got summoned, he created a house. Imagine you kept gettin put in houses, pretty annoying. Kakashi has been in 4 major fights, Zab, Itac, Rock Nins, Deidra, he has not won all of them but he hasnt lost either, but the end of each fight we see him knocked out and in need of medical treatment. I think hes great but his new technique he used 3 times and hes been out for over a week. Imagine he missed with it he would have been crushed. Also he nor anyone else sensed that He/She was still alive. He has been fooled twice by that now.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I dont think it got summoned, he created a house. Imagine you kept gettin put in houses, pretty annoying. Kakashi has been in 4 major fights, Zab, Itac, Rock Nins, Deidra, he has not won all of them but he hasnt lost either, but the end of each fight we see him knocked out and in need of medical treatment. I think hes great but his new technique he used 3 times and hes been out for over a week. Imagine he missed with it he would have been crushed. Also he nor anyone else sensed that He/She was still alive. He has been fooled twice by that now.[/QUOTE]I know it wasn't actually summoned, and I acknowledged that in my post. :p

Getting put in a house would be annoying, but you can just walk out the door. Unless one of the beams ends up through the middle of your chest. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I know it wasn't actually summoned, and I acknowledged that in my post. :p

Getting put in a house would be annoying, but you can just walk out the door. Unless one of the beams ends up through the middle of your chest. :lol:[/QUOTE]

what if he can put you in a house and then it collapses or maybe it shrinks on you or even he sends a shower of wooden toothpicks at you while stuck in the house. Space Time jutsus are nothing compared to house of flying toothpicks

Wow. New chapter of FMA is out. The manga is superior to the anime by far, for reference, people.

[quote name='jmcc']Wow. New chapter of FMA is out. The manga is superior to the anime by far, for reference, people.[/QUOTE]

No joke, the manga keeps getting better and better and the series is just taking a huge downward spiral IMO, it's not doing it at all for me lately. I'm hoping the series takes an upswing soon though as it looks like they got some of that pointless filler out of the way.

[quote name='jmcc']Wow. New chapter of FMA is out. The manga is superior to the anime by far, for reference, people.[/QUOTE]

boo to you if you are talkin about 53, its been out for awhile and you really made me sad :(, but if its 54 u gave me something to look forward too.

Yeah. 54 was just insane. And to the person earlier, Mai-Otome is the pseudo-sequel to Mai-HiME. It features the same characters sort of recast into new roles sort of. It's hard to explain, but so far through 10 episodes, it's better than HiME, and I loved HiME.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']boo to you if you are talkin about 53, its been out for awhile and you really made me sad :(, but if its 54 u gave me something to look forward too.[/QUOTE]
It's 54, don't worry. Evil Santa shows off his badasserousness.

[quote name='jmcc']It's 54, don't worry. Evil Santa shows off his badasserousness.[/QUOTE]

care to share the love of where you got it, the site I go to only has 53

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']care to share the love of where you got it, the site I go to only has 53[/QUOTE]
I got it off usenet. Alt.binaries.pictures.manga

It's funny. Mai HiME was known for it's bouncy and loli-bait characters, not for it's action or animation. With Mai Otome, its like they decided to abandon any pretense and just go for pure titilation. I'm not arguing, since it was yet to not make me laugh, but it's interesting none the less.

BTW, am I the only one hating on a certain Mid-riff bearing character in recent naruto manga chapters? Feels like the manga-ka had to replace the androgenous male with one that actually dresses in women like clothing. I don't know, maybe it's just finals catching up to me...

[quote name='ElfAngel7']BTW, am I the only one hating on a certain Mid-riff bearing character in recent naruto manga chapters? Feels like the manga-ka had to replace the androgenous male with one that actually dresses in women like clothing. I don't know, maybe it's just finals catching up to me...[/QUOTE]Yeah, he's a little cock-loving bastard.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Yeah, he's a little cock-loving bastard.[/QUOTE]

but he has a strange and mysterious past, like every other character in Naruto or anime to be more exact. What if he really is a she and took over the role of a boy after his brothers' death or after watching some sort of bad 80s comedy.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']but he has a strange and mysterious past, like every other character in Naruto or anime to be more exact. What if he really is a she and took over the role of a boy after his brothers' death or after watching some sort of bad 80s comedy.[/QUOTE]That doesn't make "him" any less of an asshole. :lol:

I finally finished watching my Steel Angel Kurumi Complete Collection. I enjoyed it a great deal. The second season seemed like it was just filler but it was still ok. The first season and OVAs were a lot of fun though.

It reminded me a lot of Project A-Ko with the love triangles and the superpowered girls.

I wonder who would win in fight between A-Ko and Kurumi? They both hand out some serious ass-whuppin'.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wow. Naruto took an interesting turn in 164.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy frogs so that episode kept my interest, I cant wait to see them grown up a lil in the manga. Also apprently Sagi is a state alchemist because of his pocket watch, and the arrows scene reminded me of Hero.

I just picked up Love Hina Spring Movie for $3.99 from Big Lots. Is it necessary to see the series before I view this movie? I have never seen any of the show before.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just picked up Love Hina Spring Movie for $3.99 from Big Lots. Is it necessary to see the series before I view this movie? I have never seen any of the show before.[/QUOTE]

Helps if you know the story, as it continues where the show left off.

I warn you though, it's not nearly as good as the manga, though i figure if you don't know anything about the series, you wouldn't see the difference. Read the manga though, it'll amuse you.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just picked up Love Hina Spring Movie for $3.99 from Big Lots. Is it necessary to see the series before I view this movie? I have never seen any of the show before.[/QUOTE]

Well, ya, sort of. They give a (very) brief summary of what went on earlier. I warn you though, the manga is WAY better than the show, so if you don't like it, try the manga out. It'll amuse you.

[quote name='ElfAngel7']Helps if you know the story, as it continues where the show left off.

I warn you though, it's not nearly as good as the manga, though i figure if you don't know anything about the series, you wouldn't see the difference. Read the manga though, it'll amuse you.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll see if I can check it out some time.

I also watched Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan the other day and was underwhelmed. I know DBZ isn't highly regarded by some but I can at least enjoy the fight scenes which are usually awesome. I had seen plenty of anime music vids with footage from the movie which got me hyped for it but the fight scenes were weak as water.

Looks like after this week's Bleach, we get a two week break followed by a 1 hour special to finish up SS. Then the filler arc begins.

Mai-Otome 11 was pretty interesting. Akira and Takumi showing up was cool. Though Nina's whole "I love Sergey" thing is kinda weird...

[quote name='karsh']Looks like after this week's Bleach, we get a two week break followed by a 1 hour special to finish up SS. Then the filler arc begins.

Mai-Otome 11 was pretty interesting. Akira and Takumi showing up was cool. Though Nina's whole "I love Sergey" thing is kinda weird...[/QUOTE]

What's so weird? It's not like he's her real father & all. :lol:;)

I gotta say, through five episodes, I'm really liking Monster. It's a nice change of pace from the typical shonen action fests I watch. I'll have to make sure to torrent the rest of it later on, since I only have through 26.

[quote name='karsh']I gotta say, through five episodes, I'm really liking Monster. It's a nice change of pace from the typical shonen action fests I watch. I'll have to make sure to torrent the rest of it later on, since I only have through 26.[/QUOTE]I loved the manga of Monster, do you think the anime is worth DL'ing?

[quote name='LiquidNight']I loved the manga of Monster, do you think the anime is worth DL'ing?[/QUOTE]
The anime is virtually identical to the manga, but... animated, making a more immersive experience. If you like the manga, yes, download it. By far the best anime to come out of the last few years.

And so doth the Soul Society Arc ends... and according to the previews, it seems they're gonna jump straight into the next storyline (if they're following the manga).

Plus, Pani Poni Dash is still currently my favorite anime. Random hilarity ensues. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back