Another another ADV Sale

I'm fairly new to anime, having only seen the big guns like Akira, Cowboy Bebop, the Miyazaki films (or most of them, at least), Big O, Ghost in the Shell, etc. Is there anything here really worth getting? I seem to recall someone telling me Blue Seed is amazing, and the price is great. I've also heard good things about Spriggen. I was thinking of picking those up. Any reviews of those or recommendations of others?

Really good deals this time around.
But I still have yet to receive my order from the last sell. I also can't find a way to check the status of my order. Any way to do that?

[quote name='controlcommerce']Really good deals this time around.
But I still have yet to receive my order from the last sell. I also can't find a way to check the status of my order. Any way to do that?[/QUOTE]

There is no way to check the status of your order on the ADV website, though you could try calling them up.

[quote name='strummerbs']I'm fairly new to anime, having only seen the big guns like Akira, Cowboy Bebop, the Miyazaki films (or most of them, at least), Big O, Ghost in the Shell, etc. Is there anything here really worth getting? I seem to recall someone telling me Blue Seed is amazing, and the price is great. I've also heard good things about Spriggen. I was thinking of picking those up. Any reviews of those or recommendations of others?[/QUOTE]

I would definately recommend Spriggan, it's one of my all-time favorites. To be honest I haven't seen much else on in the sale. But RahXephon, Noir, Kino's Journey, and King of Bandit Jing are series I've personally enjoyed.

I love the addition that ADV put at the top of their sale page:

All Sales are Final. Unless otherwise noted, defective products may be returned within 14 days of purchase, for EXCHANGE or IN STORE-CREDIT ONLY. NO REFUNDS. A 10% restocking fee may apply. Shipping charges are NOT refundable.

Unless specifically noted, products (and the accompanying packing) may be previously owned, used, demos or cutouts. Otherwise, products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes may be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING:
Most DVD orders will be processed and shipped within seven (7) to ten (10) business days. *Exceptions are noted below.
Please be aware that all credit cards are charged as soon as your order is submitted. If a product is sold out or becomes unavailable, your credit card will be promptly refunded (some banks make take up to five (5) business days to reflect this refund).

*EXCEPTIONS INCLUDE:
1. ALL SALE ITEMS. Please allow 1 - 4 weeks for processing and shipping due to high sales volumes.
2. Out-of-Stock Items.
3. Newtype USA magazine; please see magazine description page for processing time.
4. ADV Manga; please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery from printer.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us HERE.

If I were others, than I'd be very leery of doing business with this company. They have been known for cutting up DVD boxes and drilling through them. So if you like your boxes without holes or being cut up then just be wary when you order from them. Other than that, some not too bad sales on box sets like these:

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=25 - Arc the Lad Complete Collection

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=64 - Blue Seed Complete Collection

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=117 - Darkstalkers Complete Collection

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=739 - Soul Hunter Complete Collection

[quote name='subparplasma']There is no way to check the status of your order on the ADV website, though you could try calling them up.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, the only way with them, which is really stupid IMO, is to either e-mail them and wait for a response or to phone them up and wait a half hour on the line like I did the first time around just to know the status of your order.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Damn all these sales are killing me. :evil: :lol:

How's Noir?[/QUOTE]

The first two discs of Noir are fairly slow, but on disc three with the introduction of Chloe things start to pick up. I thought the premiss was handled wonderfully, and it remains one of my favorite series(and now I can finally buy the rest of it :) ).

Noir is excellent, and of course you can't go wrong with the Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect Collection. I'd definitely pick that up if I weren't waiting for the new remastered DVDs to become available in boxed set form.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']fuck, PSP, or a shit ton of anime......[/QUOTE]

I'd go with shit ton of anime for now. I mena, surely the PSP will have a price drop later on, but you only find cheap anime rarely.

I'd like to get the Blueseed Collection and Blue Seed beyond but my last order had cut up UPC's, and hole drilled threw a CD case and they drilled the CD a little. Looks like I'll be able to get it for 28 or so in July with the DDD sale think i'll just wait till then.

I am surprised that so many people keep buying from ADV even after their horrible customer service from the last few sales and the fact that they drill or cut out the barcodes on the dvd and cd cases defacing the covers.

[quote name='Owen']I am surprised that so many people keep buying from ADV even after their horrible customer service from the last few sales and the fact that they drill or cut out the barcodes on the dvd and cd cases defacing the covers.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but it's very tempting. A lot of the stuff they have I have been wanting but one bad experience is too many for me.

[quote name='Owen']I am surprised that so many people keep buying from ADV even after their horrible customer service from the last few sales and the fact that they drill or cut out the barcodes on the dvd and cd cases defacing the covers.[/QUOTE]

I really don't have issues with them drilling holes in the UPC, and I've had no problems with cover defacement or scratched/drilled through dvds. I will continue to order from them until I do.

[quote name='Owen']I am surprised that so many people keep buying from ADV even after their horrible customer service from the last few sales and the fact that they drill or cut out the barcodes on the dvd and cd cases defacing the covers.[/QUOTE]At least they're finally letting people know before purchase by stating it on their website. They must have gotten sick of all the angry calls.

These are some damn cheap deals, but I can wait for better customer service elsewhere.

I already spent $60 on fruit basket on Deepdvddiscount.com. I can't afford any more anime or i'll end up starving myself. Eckkkkk... Credit card bills , telephone bills and student loans....I miss my freedom....

Suggestions:

Noir - The Professional meets La Femme Nikita.

Mezzo - Similar but a LOT less serious... actually down right goofy at times.

Rahxephone - Did you like Evangelion? You'll probably like this too.

Nadesico - Mechs, aliens, fighting, spacships, comedy. Enjoy.

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - Sorta like FLCL/fooly cooly, high energy, lots of anime/video game parody.

Dai Guard - Giant Robot meets the real world of military budget cuts!

Neo Ranga - hard to describe, but from what i've seen: 3 girls summon giant monster, defend japan

Power Stone - I'm suprised it's not playing next to F-zero on the Fox Box... oh, I mean 4Kids :roll: But if you like Nadia you might like this too.

Dragon Half - Hilarious.... no, seriously thats all you need to know.

Slayers - Funny, action packed, worth every penny

Blue Seed - Enjoyable, supernatural action story but a loooong comitment.

Full Metal Panic - Young carreer soldier protects girl with mysterious past in high school, Addicting action and laughs await you.

Spriggan - one of the best anime motion pictures since Akira

Hope these suggestions help you guys since I can barely buy food after the last sale.

Just a heads up. There are/will be thinpack collections of Rahxephon, Noir, and Full Metal Panic retailing for $89.99. You can find the Full Metal Panic collection at www.animeonestop.com for $55 and Rahxephon for $58.

awesome sale indeed, I get to complete my Medabots collection and rounded up Blue Seed Collection, Gravion 2 and 3 and Pretear. Thanx OP

I got like 10 or 12 dvds from them on the last sale a few days ago and every one of them is fine except for the drill hole in the barcode. honestly I think the only real problem with the drill hole is the slightly jagged plastic around the hole and the"crumbs" inside the box.

...and occasionally it hits the chapter card inside,

Yea it sucks that they drill barcodes now. The stuff I got from the first sale was perfectly fine but the stuff from the second sale was all drilled.

Some douchebag bought 500 of something I'm sure. Hopefully nobody here...

I've decided to wait on getting the rest of Kino's Journey for now since I'm so poor. I'll catch the next sale they happen every other week it seems.

[quote name='projecteightysix']if you want some of the best animation ever, watch spriggan, its friggin gorgeous. the only thing is... the story and character development suck balls.[/QUOTE]

LOL That has to be one of the most spot on mini reviews for Spriggan i've seen yet.

1 DCZ/001 Conduct Zero 4.99
1 DCF/100 Crying Freeman Complete Collection 22.49
1 DMG/002 Megaman Collection 2: Battle for the Future 14.99
1 DVDSX/003 Samurai X The Motion Picture 11.99
1 DPP/001 Puni Puni Poemy 14.99
1 DSX/006 Samurai X Reflection: Director's Cut 11.99
1 DSP/002 Spriggan The Motion Picture: Special Edition 7.49

That's what I ordered last night. I had seen most of Spriggan, and liked what I saw, so it was a no brainer persoanlly. And Conduct Zero looks hilarious (c'mon, the synopsis starts with "The main character is a prick")

Lol got home to see the stuff I bought from the last sale waiting for me. They even punched holes in the tag of my Cromartie robot. Paranoid a little?

My Excel Saga wallscroll was obviously on display somewhere as the colors were all faded and it was worn out. Ah well such is life.

[quote name='Jeoff']Lol got home to see the stuff I bought from the last sale waiting for me. They even punched holes in the tag of my Cromartie robot. Paranoid a little?

My Excel Saga wallscroll was obviously on display somewhere as the colors were all faded and it was worn out. Ah well such is life.[/QUOTE]

Sucks about the wallscroll. I'm glad I decided not to buy them the last time around.

Got the King of Bandit Jing Vol. 1 w/ collector's box for the box. I already have the complete series but wanted the box, so I'm gonna sell my vol. 1. Also got Blue Seed Complete collection to lessen the shipping blow

I just got my stuff from the first sale. I ordered all 4 Super Milk Chan DVDS, the whole season of Shadow Raiders, and all 3 season boxes of Beastmaster. The Milkchan DVDS were completely new save for the barely noticeable bar code drill mark (which didn't even penetrate through the case in any of mine), the shadow raiders still had the security strips unbroken at the top but were re-shrinkwrapped, and Beastmaster was the same save for one that had no shrink wrap at all. All in all I'm quite satisfied, despite the fact that it took so strangely long (and it came UPS). Also I got a free Nuku Nuku Dash first volume DVD. Can't beat free.

[quote name='russtophiles']I just got my stuff from the first sale. I ordered all 4 Super Milk Chan DVDS, the whole season of Shadow Raiders, and all 3 season boxes of Beastmaster. The Milkchan DVDS were completely new save for the barely noticeable bar code drill mark (which didn't even penetrate through the case in any of mine), the shadow raiders still had the security strips unbroken at the top but were re-shrinkwrapped, and Beastmaster was the same save for one that had no shrink wrap at all. All in all I'm quite satisfied, despite the fact that it took so strangely long (and it came UPS). Also I got a free Nuku Nuku Dash first volume DVD. Can't beat free.[/QUOTE]

I got the shadow raiders set too, really sucks that they don't label the volumes or the episodes

bread's done
Back