Another OTT not made by an ignorant man-child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my girlfriend is secretly making a Big Mike painting for me.

I'm getting pretty close to having all of the feasible Beatles achievements.

Need to finish up the last 2 chapter challenges with all 5 stars, get a few more gold stars, and do full HO/PO on Dig a Pony. Other than that the only achievement I can see myself getting is the 1,000,000 points one, because everything else is drums (100% Helter Skelter) or vocals and I can't do those. :[

New YF360G games are up. I guess I'll go for Brutal Legend. Skipping Borderlands though.

Although Brutal Legend will probably get cheap quicker and be shorter than Borderlands. Hm. I have F3 to play, though. I don't know what to do.

Hey Bioshocked, do you have a link to the style of last.fm chart that is in your sig? All I see on last.fm is the list style charts.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Brutal Legend over Borderlands? :0([/QUOTE]
I'm only skipping Borderlands for now because I still haven't played Fallout 3, and they seem somewhat similar, so I'd rather play F3 before I buy a new wasteland FPS w/ RPG elements (and I understand they aren't the same, but still).

I wasn't going to get Brutal Legend but the demo sold me. I just hope it isn't really short. :/

Ehh... Borderlands seems more like L4D with some leveling up elements. Or something.

The Fallout comparisons stop at the setting, aesthetically.

[quote name='Rocko']I can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 so I can forget any other video game even exists.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for the french to leak the game weeks early, and watch the next round of banhammers.

Because that would be fucking comedy. :cool:

Wow, I'm such a dumb ass. I went to the grocery store to buy a corkscrew and a bottle of wine and grabbed a bottle of wine and a "Vacuum Wine Cork Sealer". It was under sign that said bottle openers, but apparently the bottle openers were on the other side and I barely bothered to look. Good thing I saved my receipt.

[quote name='TheRock88']Why are you playing the 2k9 demo when the 2k10 demo just came out, not to mention the real thing comes out next week?[/QUOTE]
Because the real thing is $60 and I got 2K9 for $13, and I haven't played a basketball game since ESPN Basketball which came out in 2003. And I don't want to play the 2K10 demo since I'm getting the 2K9 game. I don't want to get used to a better game (I'm assuming).

Yea, the commish had an odd number and made it a pub league. Some random guy came in and quit an hour before the draft so we had to reschedule it.

Just saw Pandorum. Not too shabby. I can definitely see that if a sequel were to take place, that it would be pretty cool.

Unrelated: Not sure how Waldenbooks (does anyone have this near them or is it regional?) stays in business charging full msrp for books. I'm talking like $26-$30 for books that Amazon charges $15 for.

[quote name='Rocko']I have Waldenbooks. They're owned by Borders, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I dunno how any B&M book store stays in business, they are all so overpriced.

Half-Price Books and Amazon FTW!

[quote name='Maklershed']
Unrelated: Not sure how Waldenbooks (does anyone have this near them or is it regional?) stays in business charging full msrp for books. I'm talking like $26-$30 for books that Amazon charges $15 for.[/QUOTE]
Because of its customer rewards program and weekly 25% and 30% off coupons.

B&N is still a better deal though.

[quote name='manthing'] Since the 360 console logs the date you earn achievements, I don't think staying off LIVE makes any difference.[/QUOTE]

It certainly does. It's why LP won't play if live is down -- there's no way to guarantee the time/date an achievement is earned unless you're signed into Live. It's why all achievements obtained offline have no date associated with them when you look them up - the xbox forgets what day/time it is after awhile and reverts back to something like nov 20th 2005.

[quote name='Maklershed']A cat is pissing in your face?[/QUOTE]

It already did. So many tits.

Why would soodmeg kill a jar of nutmeg? Was it of mixed race?

Watched Perfume: The Story of a Murderer that was a really cool film.

Love playing COD4 on this sweet HD and Home Theater System. I am for sure getting NBA2k10.

Oh shit Anvil: The Story of Anvil is on Vh1, awesome I have been wanting to see that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It certainly does. It's why LP won't play if live is down -- there's no way to guarantee the time/date an achievement is earned unless you're signed into Live. It's why all achievements obtained offline have no date associated with them when you look them up - the xbox forgets what day/time it is after awhile and reverts back to something like nov 20th 2005.[/QUOTE]

But achievements have nothing to do with it. It's been a month or so before I've read up on this, but last I knew every time you play a game it records onto the NAND (I believe that that is what it's called) chip in your 360 that you played the game, whether you are online or not. It also logs if there are any DMI errors or errors like that.

[quote name='DarthPuma']But achievements have nothing to do with it. It's been a month or so before I've read up on this, but last I knew every time you play a game it records onto the NAND (I believe that that is what it's called) chip in your 360 that you played the game, whether you are online or not. It also logs if there are any DMI errors or errors like that.[/QUOTE]

I was just pointing out that it can't log the date and time you play accurately, specifically in regards to manthing's comments.

It was more of a "you won't get banned because you got an achievement before said date if you play offline" than a "you won't get banned if you play offline, period".

If something looks funky with a disc, it's entirely possible they could nail a modded console that only played games offline. Is it common? Not that I know of. Could it happen? Probably. (It's the difference between mygamercard.net and live when it comes to ordering your games. MGC checks the "last played online" field, while microsoft notes the order you play games in, online or off. Thus, if you play ODST before release and then decide to log into live with your gamercard to play a game online or download something, live will still have it in your gamercard as played before release.)

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Drinking free all night at the Martenelli center for a wediing. So druuuuuuuunk.[/QUOTE]

Quick. Get thee to a Denny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back