Another week long OTT? We'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm legit jealous of this guy's sig:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7486873&postcount=42

rokersig.jpg

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Stoneface should be home by now...[/QUOTE]

My laptop shit out on me a few weeks ago, so no computer at home.

The show was pretty great, they have quite a stage presence.
Setlist:
1. Success
2. Say Hello To The Angels
3. C'mere
4. Summer Well
5. Rest My Chemistry
6. Evil
7. Lights
8. Narc
9. The Heinrich Maneuver
10. Take You on A Cruise
11. Try It On
12. PDA
13. Obstacle 1
14. Not Even Jail
15. Encore:
15. NYC
16. Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down
17. Slow Hands

The new songs definitely didn't suck. Lights stood out as the best, but maybe just because I've heard it a few dozen times already.
They had a decent shirt selection, most of which involved a sextant in the design.
I'd take a picture of the one I picked up, but I lost my camera sometime during my move.

It was the House of Blues in downtown Disney, not exactly the best venue. Their capacity is listed at 2100, I'd say there were 1200-1500 people there.
They had a pretty awesome lighting setup, but overall the venue kind of stunk.

[quote name='TheRock88']In Chicago right now, damn it was hot during the day.[/QUOTE]

I hate you...I love Chicago, great food there everywhere you go.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I bought today's woot shirt.[/QUOTE]

Damn! I've been eyeballing that shirt all week, and of course it sells out.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I bought today's woot shirt.[/QUOTE]

So did I. Panda Owning Em?

Plus Woot sent me a $5 off coupon, so that made it easier = $5 shirt.

[quote name='st0neface']My laptop shit out on me a few weeks ago, so no computer at home.

Setlist:
1. Success
3. C'mere
4. Summer Well
5. Rest My Chemistry
6. Evil
7. Lights
8. Narc
9. The Heinrich Maneuver
10. Take You on A Cruise
11. Try It On
12. PDA
13. Obstacle 1
14. Not Even Jail
15. Encore:
15. NYC
17. Slow Hands

The new songs definitely didn't suck. Lights stood out as the best, but maybe just because I've heard it a few dozen times already.
They had a decent shirt selection, most of which involved a sextant in the design.
I'd take a picture of the one I picked up, but I lost my camera sometime during my move.[/QUOTE]
That's a great setlist.

I'd really like to see Untitled though. Please. :'(

1. Amy Winehouse – "Rehab"
  2. Anthrax – "Caught in a Mosh"
  3. At the Drive-In – "One Armed Scissor"
  4. Avenged Sevenfold – "Beast And The Harlot"
  5. The B-52s – "Rock Lobster"
  6. The Beach Boys – "Good Vibrations" (Live)
  7. Big Country – "In a Big Country"
  8. Blondie – "Heart of Glass"
  9. Bob Marley & The Wailers – "Get Up, Stand Up"
  10. The Bronx – "False Alarm"
  11. Chicago – "25 or 6 to 4"
  12. The Cure – "Just Like Heaven"
  13. David Bowie – "Space Oddity"
  14. Deep Purple – "Smoke on the Water"
  15. Def Leppard – "Foolin'"
  16. Devo – "Whip It"
  17. Dio – "Rainbow in the Dark"
  18. Dire Straights – "Walk of Life"
  19. The Doobie Brothers – "China Grove"
  20. The Doors – "Break On Through (To the Other Side)"
  21. Dover – "King George"
  22. Echo & the Bunnymen – "The Killing Moon"
  23. Elton John – "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
  24. Faith No More – "Midlife Crisis"
  25. Filter – "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
  26. The Flaming Lips – "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"
  27. Foreigner – "Cold as Ice"
  28. Golden Earring – "Radar Love"
  29. HIM – "Killing Loneliness"
  30. Huey Lewis and the News – "The Power of Love"
  31. Hypernova – "Viva La Resistance"
  32. Ida Maria – "Oh My God"
  33. INXS – "Need You Tonight"
  34. The J. Geils Band – "Centerfold"
  35. James Brown – "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
  36. Jane's Addiction – "Been Caught Stealing"
  37. The Jimi Hendrix Experience ˆ"Crosstown Traffic"
  38. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – "I Love Rock 'n Roll"
  39. John Lennon – "Imagine"
  40. Juanes – "Me Enamora"
  41. Lynyrd Skynyrd – "Free Bird"
  42. Maná – "Oye Mi Amor"
  43. Marilyn Manson – "The Beautiful People"
  44. Metric – "Combat Baby"
  45. The Muffs – "Outer Space"
  46. Night Ranger – "Sister Christian"
  47. Ozzy Osbourne – "Crazy Train"
  48. Paramore – "Misery Business"
  49. Phish – "Llama"
  50. Phoenix – "Lasso"
  51. The Police – "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
  52. Poni Hoax – "Antibodies"
  53. Pretty Girls Make Graves – "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
  54. Primus – "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver"
  55. Queen – "Bohemian Rhapsody"
  56. Queens of the Stone Age – "No One Knows"
  57. Rammstein – "Du Hast"
  58. Ramones – "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  59. Raveonettes – "Last Dance"
  60. Rilo Kiley – "Portions for Foxes"
  61. Riverboat Gamblers – "Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead"
  62. Roxette – "The Look"
  63. Slipknot – "Before I Forget"
  64. Smash Mouth – "Walkin' on the Sun"
  65. The Smiths – "Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before"
  66. The Sounds – "Living in America"
  67. Spacehog – "In the Meantime"
  68. Steve Miller Band – "Fly Like an Eagle"
  69. Stone Temple Pilots – "Plush"
  70. Swingin' Utters – "This Bastard's Life"
  71. T. Rex – "20th Century Boy"
  72. Tears for Fears – "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
  73. Tegan and Sara – "The Con"
  74. Them Crooked Vultures – "Dead End Friends"
  75. Tokio Hotel – "Humanoid"
  76. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - "I Need to Know"
  77. The Vines – "Get Free"
  78. War – "Low Rider"
  79. Warren Zevon – "Werewolves of London"
  80. The White Stripes – "The Hardest Button to Button"
  81. Whitesnake – "Here I Go Again"
  82. The Who – "I Can See for Miles"
  83. Yes – "Roundabout"
Centerfold!

Excellent fucking setlist.

The Smiths. :bouncy:

Good Vibrations is a live version? :whistle2:/ I knew it was too good to be true.[quote name='st0neface']My laptop shit out on me a few weeks ago, so no computer at home.

Setlist:
1. Success
3. C'mere
4. Summer Well
5. Rest My Chemistry
6. Evil
7. Lights
8. Narc
9. The Heinrich Maneuver
10. Take You on A Cruise
11. Try It On
12. PDA
13. Obstacle 1
14. Not Even Jail
15. Encore:
15. NYC
17. Slow Hands

I'd take a picture of the one I picked up, but I lost my camera sometime during my move.[/QUOTE]They played more songs from TOTBL than the new album? :drool:

You're surprised they chose what it arguably Rammstein's most well known song (at least in the US)?

Also, fuck Apple for making it nearly impossible to do iPhone work outside of a Mac.

[quote name='manthing']Maybe it was Gwen?[/QUOTE]
Wasn't me.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Possibly, she's just as bad.[/QUOTE]
I'm worse.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'd like to know what Zew thinks of Kayne & Lynch 2.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for it, but it's a good rental.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']You're surprised they chose what it arguably Rammstein's most well known song (at least in the US)?[/QUOTE]

Not surprised, just not pleased.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe 20/83? I love it when I don't care for 75% of a game's content! :([/QUOTE]

The 70's/80's tiers are fantastic. It's not always about if the song itself is great though. While I like a majority of the songs on the setlist, and I personally think it's one of the most well rounded setlists out there, it's also about being fun to play.

Misery Business was really fun to play in GH:WT and I'm glad it's coming to RB. I also pretty much hate the Grateful Dead but Casey told me a bunch of songs were fun to play and it turns out they were.

Hell, I don't know if he was actually serious, but TFN said that he likes playing those thrasher metal songs because they're fun to play.

Personally, even if a song is really good, it's not worth it if it sucks to play.

I'll take a shitty song that's really fun to play any day over a great song that's boring as hell to sit through.

[quote name='Trakan']The 70's/80's tiers are fantastic. It's not always about if the song itself is great though. While I like a majority of the songs on the setlist, and I personally think it's one of the most well rounded setlists out there, it's also about being fun to play.

Misery Business was really fun to play in GH:WT and I'm glad it's coming to RB. I also pretty much hate the Grateful Dead but Casey told me a bunch of songs were fun to play and it turns out they were.

Hell, I don't know if he was actually serious, but TFN said that he likes playing those thrasher metal songs because they're fun to play.[/QUOTE]This is all true. I cannot stand Paramore, but Misery Business was fun as hell. I don't even like metal anymore, but those songs provide a bigger challenge, complex guitar/drum parts, and keep you playing 'em more and more just to beat 'em. Freebird is a good song, but playing it sucks ass cause you have to deal with 4 minutes of the same boring notes over and over. I guess I don't really care about the song or specific band being in the game, cause I can hear it whenever I want.

With that being said, half of that set list is gonna be more of a chore to play than actual fun. Rilo Kiley? Raveonettes? Tegan and Sara? Amy Winehouse?

Oh, and I hate Metallica, but their songs in RB are probably the most fun to play. GH:Metallica, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

This morning I was getting ready to drive up to Cincinnati for a Career Fair to speak to L-3 Communications when I get a phone call from L-3 Communications in Waco, TX for a phone interview.

After the phone interview I drove up and stood in line for an hour and handed in a resume and was told about a couple jobs available.

I think the interview went well and I hope to have another interview soon.

[quote name='Trakan']The 70's/80's tiers are fantastic. It's not always about if the song itself is great though. While I like a majority of the songs on the setlist, and I personally think it's one of the most well rounded setlists out there, it's also about being fun to play.

Hell, I don't know if he was actually serious, but TFN said that he likes playing those thrasher metal songs because they're fun to play.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's not about the charts, though the charts do matter. If I hate listening to the song, I won't want to play it regardless of whether the chart is fun/challenging/etc. Whether he's joking or not, it's extremely strange/impressive to me that TFN would sit there and play trasher songs on expert for the pure joy of it. ;)

Now that's not to say I'd want my favorite songs in RB if the translation to the charts sucks ass and is repetitive/boring. Hell, I like 90s STP and seemingly everyone loves Vasoline, but regardless of whether I like it or not, the chart is super-repetitive for the guitar. Which makes me usually try to veto that shit when chika wants to sing it.

Now for RB3, I'm interested purely for the teaching/pro mode -- so if the songs aren't songs that I'd want to learn how to play in real life, that's another downer.

And oddly, most of the shit I liked was from the 70s/80s I think.

I don't play them for joy, but to better your score, because you're playing a video game..you try and get better at them. I didn't think it was fun when I started up Rock Band 2 and played through the first 60 songs or so on expert without any trouble besides a few missed notes. Playing the rough songs really helped with how I played. I just think the game is stale now.

That "Visions" song fucking sucked, but the chart was so ridiculous. I jumped for joy when I beat that and that Dream Theater song on expert.

If you get a job at L3 you can come hang with me flowery. That's like right next door to where I live. I run past there all the time.

[quote name='guinaevere']Happy Friday folks.[/QUOTE]

Happy Friday to you too

[quote name='tiredfornow']I am not making n e cents today.[/QUOTE]

I too, made no cents today,but that's because I done with my job at the theater. They found someone to do the janitors job, but I couldn't go back to crew, because that schedule sucks and with my wife working nights as an RN, it wasn't necessary. Well that and I couldn't not accept their insurance, in terms of being found in insurance fraud and not being covered at all. And to top it off, I couldn't quit, or I'd risk losing my unemployment benefits. So my boss worked with me and it was a "friendly" termination.

[quote name='darthbudge']If you get a job at L3 you can come hang with me flowery. That's like right next door to where I live. I run past there all the time.[/QUOTE]

For sure man.

I really really hope I at least get an on-site interview. They guy sounded really enthusiastic with my answers but I am not very good at reading these situations.

I don't give a shit how fun a song is to play, and enjoyment can easily be negated by it being a shit song. I had to listen to Paramore enough on LiPs that I won't touch that shit in RB.

I really don't understand putting in a song from Amy Winehouse. I guess they want a mass appeal.

I hope the Smiths is really in there. They need to add more full albums though.

[quote name='guinaevere']
I'm worse.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter. We'd forgive you on the basis of your being more attractive than any of us :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back