Any alabama CAGs?

I was hoping for some older stuff, but I guess that's not very lucrative. ;)

Guess I'll try and stop by this week.

What are you doing over in this part of town anyway? I thought you worked over towards Irondale? I've been missing having some deal activity in the area so I'm glad to see this thread is getting some life.

Thanks for the heads up on that new store.

Izod, if you are in the Irondale area, have you been to the KMart? I was just wondering if you had ever seen the Fallout coasters there. The Epic Mickey boxes were in the new "$20 and under" bin just outside of electronics this morning.

Ah my office actually moved to Lakeshore so I drive near Galleria every now and then. Haven't been to Irondale Kmart in awhile but Greensprings didn't have any coasters.

Need to check that 2ndand Charles out and trade off some books. The Kmart at Chalkville road had 2 more Fallout coaster sets yesterday.

I asked at the Irondale one today for coasters and the CS said the only thing that sounded familiar were the Epic Mickey boxes. I dug through the bargain bin outside the electronics department and could not find any more of those either.

Also, the 2nd and Charles place is okay. The prices on some used games seemed pretty high (Ico $39.99) but my wife got a bunch of Southern Living cookbooks for $5-10 each. There was also a book bin in front of the store marked "free." I did not ask about any game trade in values.

[quote name='Izod517']New store just opened in Bham near the Galleria in the TRU parking lot. 2nd and Charles, it's used books, dvds, and games. Their prices and trade-ins are similiar to gamestop, but you can trade in old books and movies for video games or cash (you get about 1/2 in cash vs store credit). I traded in a bunch of old graphic novels, and got around $300 in store credit. Selection is pretty decent, but some random prices are odd. A nice deal if you're looking to unload an old bookcase in return for some games. I've got a feeling I'll be adding it to my circle of shops.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that place out. I haven't been getting on CAG as much nowadays, but I'm making plenty of trips from Huntsville to Auburn & Prattville with the football season underway. These Auburn games are going to destroy my liver by the end of it..

[quote name='Skylander7']These Auburn games are going to destroy my liver by the end of it..[/QUOTE]

I suppose I should be drinking more during these Auburn games, I would imagine being drunk would lower my blood pressure greatly. :lol:

Went 2ndandcharles in Hoover traded in some books and dvds. Huge place tons of inventory. A subsidiary of booksamillion by the way. Might stay open 6 months at the most based on too many copies on most of their games and alot of the book titles.

[quote name='freeorelse']Might stay open 6 months at the most based on too many copies on most of their games and alot of the book titles.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand from some insiders that is about as far from the case as possible. Regardless their game selection could use a bit of help, and some of the pricing is odd - but I think they're hoping trade-ins will help with selection and hopefully they'll drop prices on stuff not moving. Either way it's a nice place to unload books/dvds for games - always nice to have some options.

FYI I got the last Kinect from Irondale Kmart if anyone was looking - only $90 after coupons and the friends and family discount - actually very pleased with it.

[quote name='Izod517']FYI I got the last Kinect from Irondale Kmart if anyone was looking - only $90 after coupons and the friends and family discount - actually very pleased with it.[/QUOTE]

Well, that will make my wife happy - $150 saved since I was on the fence about getting it and I know I would have impulse bought it if I saw it there.

Also, Best Buy on 280 had a stack of the Fable 3 preorder bonus codes sitting on a register last night. I asked the cashier if they were free and she said they were but the Dance Central codes sitting next to it were not. So, if anyone wants to grab a Channeler sword for their game that is the place to go.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Do they have an expiration date on them? I might could pick up one for you Izod since I work on 280.[/QUOTE]

Don't see a date on it at all. It is just the little cardboard thing with a peel off area hiding the unique code. I may make an excuse to get back out that way if Blue is unable to get there.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Joe, looks like you lucked out. I tried to grab one and the cashier told me that I had to buy the game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I guess I did. I was buying something else when I went (just a cheap Wacom tablet, not a game) and I was looking at the card. I asked if they were free and the cashier said yes. I did go near close Monday night (8:30 or so) and it was not busy. I guess it's YMMV.

On another note, has anyone seen Dragon Age Ultimate at the Greensprings KMart? I went to the Irondale one last night around 5 and the cashier told me they just sold the last 2 copies to someone within the last hour.

Joe I'll try to check for you at lunch today, I work near the Greensprings Kmart. Sad about the Best Buy thing, seeing as how I bought 2 copies of Fables 3 from them, maybe if I go up there with my receipt.

I would try Best Buy with your receipt. (Let me know if it works for you - if not, send me a PM and we may be able to work something out.)

And don't worry about getting over to Greensprings. My wife just called and said they had a new shipment with copies so she picked it up. Thanks though.

The 280 BestBuy (at least for me) is notorious for rejecting said deals, so I'm not too surprised. I try to go to the one in Hoover at if all possible since I've never really had a problem there.

Oh yeah speaking of Hoover the Hoover Books-a-Million has Wii Play or Sports 2 or something + Wiimote for $12.99. Damn good deal if you ask me - I don't need anything Wii though. They only had one, first little section on the left, top shelf.

So who is it that goes to the Irondale Kmart on Tuesday mornings between 9 and 10 and buys 5 or 6 games? :) I was talking to the cashier the other day (who recognizes me now) and she said that I don't buy nearly as much as some other guy. Also, if anyone is looking, the Walmart around there had 5 or 6 Kinects when I was there yesterday. They are all MSRP, but that was the first time I have seen them in the wild.

Hmm, not me - I live near the Irondale Kmart, but I definitely don't hit it on Tuesday mornings nor buy that many games.

Regardless - as far as those Hardees "$50 off PSPgo" coupons from Hardees goes I've not found a single Hardees in the area with an f-in clue about them.

Secondly the 2nd & Charles is running a B1G1 - which is pretty awesome - it says ANY item (except game consoles).

http://promotions.2ndandcharles.com/images/hooverbogo/printcoup.jpg

Izod - Just wanted to say thanks for the 2nd and Charles coupon. My wife used it to pick up some Southern Living cookbooks that she had been looking at getting. Also, were you able to get the Fable 3 thing from Best Buy?

I forgot to cancel my copy of Gran Turismo 5 from Amazon, so before I elect to return it if anyone is interested I'd be happy to unload it for $45 (still sealed). I would need to know within the next week or so...

Target on 280 had one copy of Red Steel 2 with Wii Motion plus for $9.98 today around 4 pm. It was on that back shelf where clearance games used to be (on the way from the TVs to the seasonal section).

Not really any snow here. It came down mostly as sleet and I'm assuming freezing rain (Pelham).

While I am a bit disappointed by the lack of snow, at least the icy conditions got me out of work. :D

We got about half an inch of ice where I am (between Mountain Brook and Irondale) and that's it. Of course when you are required to be at work regardless of the weather, I am not complaining too much.

[quote name='Izod517']Yeah I greatly prefer the Hoover BB as well in regards to getting any sort of deals or price matching.[/QUOTE]

The Hoover BB would not pricematch the recent Castlevania LOS $19.99 Fry's deal and the 280 store did. The Hoover store shot me down over the phone. The 280 sales rep not only stated they would honor the match, she went on for about five minutes raving about the game and proceeded to tell me what else she was playing. :applause:

[quote name='vrblknch']The Hoover BB would not pricematch the recent Castlevania LOS $19.99 Fry's deal and the 280 store did. The Hoover store shot me down over the phone. The 280 sales rep not only stated they would honor the match, she went on for about five minutes raving about the game and proceeded to tell me what else she was playing. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Darn, wish I would have tried. I figured since the nearest Fry's is in Georgia (?) that none of the local stores would honor it. Does Best Buy (280 or Hoover or Trussville) usually match Fry's?

Since when does Best Buy (Birmingham) match Frys?

I'm kind of surprised though. I've always had better luck at the Hoover store. The 280 store always has some random excuse for whatever it is I'm trying to do.

B'ham-cags...just so you know, after reading about 2nd and Charles here, got some
pretty good games deals there. the cashier asked how I heard about their store -
told him CAG! raise your hands guys!

Went to the 280 Target and Best Buy today. Target had several copies of Iron Man 2 for the Xbox 360 for 4.xx and Best Buy 280 had Tasunoko vs. Capcom for 17.99. It was marked 29.99, but rang up for less. It's in a middle shelf between the games and DVDs in the center of the store.

I just wanted all my Auburn CAG friends to know that my heart goes out to you and your trees at Toomers Corner. I may not be a Bama fan but... War Eagle...
and sry for your loss... Rly... =[

Moving to Birmingham (have an apt in Homewood). Just adding the thread here.

Has anyone found SIXSTRING @ Big Lots here?

I thought we had more folks in Tuscaloosa than this, hope all are safe.

I managed to end up between all the bad weather (Pelham) so didn't see really any damage where I live. Although my old roommate in Cahaba Heights had a tree fall on his house among many other things.

Guess no one has really seen many deals around lately. Does anyone know if there are any stores that are using some loophole to make any games or accessories (mainly PS3 controllers) tax free this weekend? I know computers are tax free at Best Buy, but I don't need another one.

I know I'm the lone CAG in Montgomery Area, but has anyone got the Prattville Blockbuster to do the BOGO sale this time around? I'm going to be in Gulf Shores for labor day weekend and hope I wont run into the same problem at the Foley Store. Again I know I'm the lone CAG down there too :(

*EDIT* Ended up having to go to the Daphne Blockbuster since the Foley & Fairhope Blockbusters selection sucks. Got my copies of Bulletstorm and Splatterhouse, best part was Bulletstorm still had the online pass in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='downsouthtigger']I know I'm the lone CAG in Montgomery Area, but has anyone got the Prattville Blockbuster to do the BOGO sale this time around? I'm going to be in Gulf Shores for labor day weekend and hope I wont run into the same problem at the Foley Store. Again I know I'm the lone CAG down there too :(

*EDIT* Ended up having to go to the Daphne Blockbuster since the Foley & Fairhope Blockbusters selection sucks. Got my copies of Bulletstorm and Splatterhouse, best part was Bulletstorm still had the online pass in it![/QUOTE]

You aren't the only one... I've seen a few others around, but I can't remember who they were on here.

Any Montgomery area CAGs want to go in on a toysRus B2G1 free deal? I'm really only after Batman:AC and would love to get it for $44 (damn Montgomery 10% tax)

bread's done
Back