Any Anime Deals ?

Check out http://www.rightstuf.com/index.shtml They're a great anime superstore. If you want a good deal, wait for their specials (usually from one or two publishers). You can usually get 30-40% off msrp if you go through them. Check out their weekly deals and consider their membership where you get 10% off everything.

[quote name='cueball939']This site has some great prices! I'm sure they are all some form of bootlegs, but they will have what they claim. At least the ones I got were good.
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/animetoys/?sck=12530807
Next time don't keep all your anime in one place at one time! XD[/quote]
Don't support bootleggers. All they do is hurt the creators.
I'll echo what phreak5k said about RightStuf. Wait until they have their 25 for $100 deals to rebuild your collection.
Deepdiscount.com also has some good prices during their 20% off sales.
A good place to check out is http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=510720. They keep track of all the current anime dvd deals there.

FAIW, rightstuf is my #1 source in anime (85% of my collection, if you wanna call it that) the rest from ebay.

the DVDtalk forum is also great whenever theres an interesting deal in my local retailer (ie bestbuy) *shout out to WTK*

also, stay away from bootlegs. You wont have to worry about the sources I just mentioned hooking you up with filthy chinese burned copies.

Except for ebay: as far as 'popular' series are concerned, it is bootleg galore. Make sure you are wary of the "3 disc 1-26" series. If the ebay seller posted an actual picture of what he is selling, then that is more trustworthy that a stock photo with no ISBN on the item page.

I had to learn all this the hard way, and i sure hoped someone had pulled me aside and warned me before my personal incidents. God kills a kitten every time a bootleg is purchased

how much is rightstuf's shipping? does anyone have coupons here or something? will try to get beck volume 3 there since BB's selling it for 25 :(

Wow, Beck Vol. 3,4 and 5 for $14.98! That's awesome.
I think Rightstuf sends orders over $50 for free. That's how I've always done it.
But it's $9.00 2nd day UPS
$4.00 UPS or Priority.
$3.00 economy.

I don't know if shippings different for different states.
I'm in massachusetts.

Here are Right Stuf's shipping rates. This is for the US, I was too lazy to put down the rest. I order over $49 and have the Got anime membership so I'm happy. ^^ And their bargain bin is pretty cheap, but no GA discount. Stilll way cheap tho.

Too bad you missed the special Geneon and Bandai sales a while back. It was 10 dvds for $50 or 25 dvds for $100.

And here's the link the current Dvd Talk's Official Anime bargains maintained by WTK.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=510720

*snipped from Right Stuf*

US shipping
Domestic Economy Pricing Chart
1 item $3.00
2 items $4.00
3 items $5.00
4 items $6.00
5 items $7.00
6 items $8.00
7 items $9.00
8 items $10.00
9 items $11.00
10 items $12.00

If you're a domestic customer and order over $49.00, Economy shipping is free!!

Domestic Standard Pricing Chart

1 item $4.00
2 items $5.00
3 items $6.00
4 items $7.00
5 items $8.00
6 items $9.00
7 items $10.00
8 items $11.00
9 items $12.00
10 items $13.00

Domestic Express Pricing Chart
1 item $9.00
2 items $11.00
3 items $13.00
4 items $15.00
5 items $17.00
6 items $19.00
7 items $21.00
8 items $23.00
9 items $25.00
10 items $27.00

For those watching Beck at Rightstuf- the half-off sale ends today (Wednesday), so get your orders in!

for the OP: I also recommend Rightstuf, best anime dealer out there. The next big sale will start tomorrow, so unless you want Beck, check then. (I'm hoping for a Funi sale so I can get School Rumble/Mushishi. They're also due for an ADV sale, or maybe even another 10/25 sale.)

Aside from RS, site-favorite Deepdiscount.com often has good prices, especially during the 20% off sale. There's a thread floating around here somewhere with the best Buy clearance titles, definitely worth a look. I've had some good luck with the Amazon marketplace, but be wary of bootlegs- especially for collection sets.

Finally, check around the DVDs at Gamestop/EB games when they have their sales. Usually it's pretty spotty, but sometimes you luck out and find someone who traded in a good movie or full series you can pick up cheap. ;)

And do be careful about keeping your discs in 1 big case... I've heard of many folks losing hundreds of dollars of DVDs that way.

thats right, rightstuf is very dependable, deliveries usually 7-10 days. weekly and daily sale is always nice. u can't go wrong...

[quote name='dcmon2002']thats right, rightstuf is very dependable, deliveries usually 7-10 days. weekly and daily sale is always nice. u can't go wrong...[/QUOTE]

I'll chime in with this as well.

Best Buy has some clearances, but you'll seldom find what you really want (from my experience, anyway). I also found some good sealed Anime at Big Lots (of all places).

*hops on the TRSI bandwagon*

-Best Customer Service hands down (the president talks with forum posters regularly; not here though)
-New Deals Every Week
-Very cheap prices in their "Bargain Bin/Closeout" section
-Daily deals that change (I've bought a couple things off this)
-Free Shipping Over $50
-No tax
-Awesome specials every few months ("Days" Of Christmas Sale, 25/$100, publisher clearances)

I've dropped a few grand at TRSI; easily the best source for "relatively" cheap anime. You will find cheaper prices elsewhere (such as BB clearance), but they are all-around the best. Just got in my Trinity Blood artbox for $13 yesterday from them. Can't beat that!

And yes...don't buy bootlegs...if you're so inclined, just download them. You're like giving away your money for free to those people.

Edit: Wow, just looked at the front page of TRSI. I had heard there were problems with Geneon, but they're completely ceasing their DVD sales department?! Does that mean what I think it means? They are my favorite publisher....wow. Is this why we had those two 25/$100 sales from them? D=

The only other places I have bought a large amount of anime from is Overstock.com and Best Buy (in-store). Best Buy has decent prices from time to time and gets new stuff in all the time. I used Overstoack a lot before I got into Rightstuf. Shipping is cheap and I experienced short shipping times with them. They seem to have good prices on older items.

[quote name='newtype06']I can't seem to checkout in rightstuf... any help? and it seems the BECK deals will end 9/27 not today.[/quote]

Quick tip here. Don't have 2 windows open on Right Stuf's site, it screws with the checkout. ^^

And Shawne ( TRSI's head honcho) said on the AoD forums that the Beck deal would last until tomorrow morning. That's when the new weekly specials are first put up and that will be thursday morning. I'd go ahead and order now to be safe.

[quote name='radicaldeth']

And Shawne ( TRSI's head honcho) said on the AoD forums that the Beck deal would last until tomorrow morning. That's when the new weekly specials are first put up and that will be thursday morning. I'd go ahead and order now to be safe.[/QUOTE]

I'd advise the same to anyone else- sales always turn over on Thursday, there's no guarantee how long you'll have till the weekly specials reset and the Beck deal is gone.

As for the checkout issues, not sure what's up there. You should be able to fill your cart, pick online checkout, then pick the 'new customer' option along the way to set things up. What exactly goes wrong?

And the Geneon news is very dissapointing... as far as I know, they haven't had any real problems lately- although, there was that whole thing with ADV planning to take over their promotion dept. falling through.

I hope it works out- I have 4 half-released Geneon titles right now, I'd like to at least fill up my artboxes.

Right Stuf or Deep Discount is the way to go online, offline go with FYE as they usually undercut Best Buy by quite a bit and often times have excellent sales on anime. Also the Geneon news sucks. I really wanted to finish Higurashi and Black Lagoon with the R1 releases. If this doesn't send a message to those who only download anime that the industry is hurting, I have no clue what will.

I'll also chime in and say go with RightStuf. While sometimes they deliver later on some sales than others they still deliver. Just gotta be patient sometimes. And it doesnt hurt to order the first day of a sale. I've ordered 75 dvds from them and still have about half of them to watch.

:)

If you've got a Gamestop/Moviestop, its a good place to go. Gamestops are currently Running B2G1-3F on used dvds. Moviestop carries most anime for $9.99-$12.99 used and they often do 50% off dvds under $12 and B2G1F. FYE sometimes has really good sales, theyre doing a 50% off most anime right now. Their store credit is easy to obtain as well (my current going rate is $15 credit for $2 cash)

Rightstuf & Animenation.com are good for online. Animenation sells all their used dvds for $3.99, they have quite a selection (and are all complete). Buy.com has $10 off a $10 purchase, some of their anime is expensive, but most of their newer stuff comes to $10-$11 shipped per disk.

[quote name='newtype06']Need a good deal for the Gundam Seed Movie Trilogy 3 pack. Can't seem to find it anywhere...[/QUOTE]
If you have the TV series already, don't waste your money - the movies are just a compressed version of the TV show. And if you don't have the TV series, well... just consider buying it instead of the movies anyways. They're just not good.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you have the TV series already, don't waste your money - the movies are just a compressed version of the TV show. And if you don't have the TV series, well... just consider buying it instead of the movies anyways. They're just not good.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually not one to bag on people's choices when they're looking for a deal, but I gotta agree with KL here. If you've never seen the series before, and want to sample it through the movies, you're really doing yourself a disservice. At Otakon a year or 2 back, I went with a friend to see the first movie; I had already seen the TV series, but he hadn't. About 10 minutes in, I got a phone call and happily excused myself; I wound up skipping the rest of the movie. When I met up with him later, he said he enjoyed it - what little he could actually comprehend, that is. He wound up borrowing the TV series from me and enjoying it far more.

Bottom line: Unless you're a diehard Gundam nut who absolutely needs the Seed movies for the brief snippets of new animation interspersed throughout, don't bother. Watching the movies is like watching the TV series on fast-forward (32x minimum). They're a waste of time; unlike the 0079 and new Zeta movies, they don't actually change/add anything to the Seed story IIRC. Do yourself a favor and buy/rent/borrow the first volume of the TV series and see whether or not you like it.

On the other hand, if you know full well what're you're getting into, I'll just echo other people: wait for the next DeepDiscount 20% off sale, or wait for TRSI to have a Bandai sale or have the movie(s) as a Weekly Special.

Righstuf has 40% off Funimation and AN Entertainment DVDs

coupon code: spooky
Ends Nov. 4, works on preorders as well.

Funny thing I was browsin this site lookin to see if there were any deals on Rumbling Hearts...decided to see if TRSI was throwin any nutty deals since they do those 40% off certain distributor's DVDs all the time and lucky me, they currently have on on Funimation stuff. So...hooray for TRSI.

Now I've finally completed my must have on dvd collection! Gungrave, Koi Kaze, and soon Rumbling Hearts. Oh wait...still gotta wait for december to roll around for 5cm per second from ADV...

btw...I got Gungrave and Koi Kaze from a past 10 for $50 deal, so coupled with this 40% off Funimation deal, I got 3 of my favorite series for $83. Definitely check out TRSI if you're lookin for anime deals!

bread's done
Back