Any couples having problems because of GTAIV?

anubis20

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
OK the game is addicting we all know that, my girl hates the game and we almost get into arguments every time i play it. Her friends are having the same issue to the extent of pulling plugs on systems and what not. Anybody else having issues with their significant other because of GTA?

I suggest a new girlfriend. There are over 3,000,000,000 other girls in the world but there's only one GTAIV. Weigh your odds my friend.

[quote name='anubis20']OK the game is addicting we all know that, my girl hates the game and we almost get into arguments every time i play it. Her friends are having the same issue to the extent of pulling plugs on systems and what not. Anybody else having issues with their significant other because of GTA?[/QUOTE]

Addicting like... how much, exactly?

If your relationship is struggling over GTA 4, you might need to rethink something in it, whether it's your playing styles or her... because arguing about GTA 4 is a petty thing. And to the extent of pulling plugs on systems? I'm real glad my fiancee wouldn't ever do that.

Is this serious? If you would rather play GTA than hang out with your girl, break up with her. You should always bare in mind, however, that a 360 won't suck you off (I hear the PS3 gives good reach arounds though).

[quote name='Eviltude']Is this serious? If you would rather play GTA than hang out with your girl, break up with her. You should always bare in mind, however, that a 360 won't suck you off (I hear the PS3 gives good reach arounds though).[/quote]

Because once you are dating, you should give up all of your hobbies.

[quote name='willardhaven']Because once you are dating, you should give up all of your hobbies.[/QUOTE]

What?

He can play when she's not around, you know.

Yeah if it's really problem either A) You're fucking crazy or B) You don't really have a relationship, hit it and quit it.

I've been playing a lot of GTAIV, but my girlfriend doesn't really care. It did distract her from studying for finals, but she didn't really need to anyway....

[quote name='willardhaven']Because once you are dating, you should give up all of your hobbies.[/QUOTE]

No, but if it's to the point that they're arguing about it, either he's obsessed with the game or she's a controlling bitch. One way or another, that relationship is going tits up.

[quote name='PRMega']No, but if it's to the point that they're arguing about it, either he's obsessed with the game or she's a controlling bitch. One way or another, that relationship is going tits up.[/QUOTE]

/thread

This was a problem in my relationship when we started living together, although this was not for gta4. Long story short I told her this was my hobby and she quit bugging me about it............ so my view is grow a pair of balls and lay down the law, or be prepared to say good bye to one if you can't law down the law or she doesn't listen to you.

[quote name='Liquid 2']What?

He can play when she's not around, you know.[/quote]

If they live together, or if they are serious, this is just a temporary solution.

[quote name='PRMega']No, but if it's to the point that they're arguing about it, either he's obsessed with the game or she's a controlling bitch. One way or another, that relationship is going tits up.[/quote]

Or they could work things out like mature folk.

Plus she should make a sandwich.

[quote name='Rig']Pussy whipped.[/quote]

Most likely.

[quote name='cindersphere']This was a problem in my relationship when we started living together, although this was not for gta4. Long story short I told this was my hobby and she quit bugging me about it............ so my view is grow a pair of balls and law down the law or be prepared to say good bye to one if you can't law down the law or she doesn't listen to you.[/quote]

Indeed.

I'm not saying that, it's just that a relationship is about mutual happiness and making sacrifices for one another. If, as a couple, you aren't happy because of video games yet you can't get rid of them, it's not going to be a healthy relationship.

I guess find another vagina that can tolerate it? I guess I'm lucky in that my significant other has a sick sense of humor enough to think GTA is funny (although she bitched about Mass Effect when I played it).... then again, she's a Stern fan.. so yeah..

[quote name='Eviltude']I'm not saying that, it's just that a relationship is about mutual happiness and making sacrifices for one another.[/quote]

Bullshit relationships maybe. Find a nice punk chick that doesn't live by that tired-ass Pavlovian mold. Then have kids so you can continue your semi-free lives with the kids as a glue that prevents you from splitting up. Think of the children.

that video was stupid

if you can't find a balance between humans in your life and video games, i don't know what to tell you.

you'll always have gundam.

That one chick was funny in the video, trying not to laugh, like she has no fucking clue what Grand Theft Auto is.

OP, if you and your girl aruge about your hobby now, you're in big trouble down the road if you plan on getting married staying together for a while. There are other issues to argue about, and video games should not be one of them.

If you're neglecting your relationship for GTA, then shame on you. If your girl can't give you a bit of time to enjoy your hobby, then shame on her.

By the way, does she get pissed only when you play GTA, or are there other games involved?

[quote name='Roufuss']And to the extent of pulling plugs on systems? I'm real glad my fiancee wouldn't ever do that.[/quote]

That would definitely qualify for and deserve a bitch slap!

My boyfriend and I play videogames together or side-by-side (one of us on the TV, another on a portable or PC), so no problems here. Last weekend I played Phantasy Star on the TV while he played Sakura Taisen 2 on the PC. :bouncy:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My boyfriend and I play videogames together or side-by-side (one of us on the TV, another on a portable or PC), so no problems here. Last weekend I played Phantasy Star on the TV while he played Sakura Taisen 2 on the PC. :bouncy:[/quote]

I presume this is after you make him a sandwich.

[quote name='shieryda'].
By the way, does she get pissed only when you play GTA, or are there other games involved?[/QUOTE]

Mostly GTA, its the only that i have been really playing all the time

[quote name='anubis20']Mostly GTA, its the only that i have been really playing all the time[/quote]

You should conduct an experiment here. Play another game just as much as you've been playing GTA, and see if she minds as much.

[quote name='shieryda']You should conduct an experiment here. Play another game just as much as you've been playing GTA, and see if she minds as much.[/QUOTE]

The flaw in that plan? It takes away from GTA time

[quote name='willardhaven']I presume this is after you make him a sandwich.[/QUOTE]

He's actually the cook, so he makes the sandwiches. :lol:

I'm living a shojo manga fantasy. \\:D/

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He's actually the cook, so he makes the sandwiches. :lol:

I'm living a shojo manga fantasy. \\:D/[/quote]

He saves you from wild demons and you hint at possibly kissing him?

[quote name='willardhaven']He saves you from wild demons and you hint at possibly kissing him?[/quote]

LMAO! Awesome.

[quote name='willardhaven']I presume this is after you make him a sandwich.[/QUOTE]

+1

:applause:

back to the topic at hand:

Ask her what the problem is. If you're not completely ignoring her then she needs to understand that contrary to what she thinks, the world does not revolve around her and her need to be the center of your attention. If you are completely ignoring her then cut down on the gaming and give your woman some lovin' \\:D/

The only GTAIV argument my wife have had so far is that she won't scream "you're special" while we are having hot coffee.

I think my girl gets a kick out of watching me play. I think she finds alot of humor in some of the dialogue.

[quote name='willardhaven']Just tell her that instead of arguing, she could be making you a sandwich.[/quote]

And if she doesn't cut off the crust, just end it right there, as she's absolutely worthless.

[quote name='chasemurata']And if she doesn't cut off the crust, just end it right there, as she's absolutely worthless.[/quote]

:rofl:

My trouble is finding time to play between work, just finished exams, and balancing the time she need of me. ;) However, if she were to pull the plug on the Xbox, that would be a major relationship problem, no questions asked. No one exercises authority over me except...uh...Bubba, at the county jail. :cry:

bread's done
Back