Any deals for Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-Ray? (11/30)

Going to try my luck at BB tomorrow. Going to get SA and Fantasia and try to use both of the $10 off coupons and $25 in Reward Zone certificates. I think that might be pushing my luck. If all else fails I will just go across the street to Target.

using reward zone certificates should not make any difference at all - they are accepted at best buy just like cash for any transaction as long as the total you owe is more than the reward certificate

[quote name='shrike4242']They shouldn't, though it depends on how they have the $10 group buy coupon coded in their system. Each manufacturer coupon has to be manually entered because they don't scan, so I don't think it should be an issue. Best Buy has surprised me many a time with how odd they do things with coupons.

Target would be a better option IMO, mainly because when they did this with Sound of Music & Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, it worked without issue for a coupon for each item and their group buy coupon on both of them.[/QUOTE]

I've had them use 2 coupons in one order before... but I've also been told on several occasions that they can't use 2 coupons in one purchase...

[quote name='LordVila']Going to try my luck at BB tomorrow. Going to get SA and Fantasia and try to use both of the $10 off coupons and $25 in Reward Zone certificates. I think that might be pushing my luck. If all else fails I will just go across the street to Target.[/QUOTE]

Just a FYI... I'm pretty sure that the reward zone certificate has to be rung up before the coupons...

Someone is going to mail me a hardcopy of Nebraska Furniture Mart AD. It will be $16.79 a piece. $6.79 ea. after coupon or $1.67 ea. when buying both TSA & F/F2K. :D ;) :lol:

[quote name='Tybee']It saddens me that people are boycotting what looks like an amazing set because of the absence of a few superfluous seconds of film. Am I disappointed that Disney took the coward's way out and cut those racially offensive bits and continues to pretend they never existed? Of course. But does that warrant writing off the rest of "Fantasia"? NO. And people who call it "censorship" don't understand the meaning of the word. If FCC told Disney they could not publish a Fantasia disc with those bits included or excised them itself, THAT would be censorship. What Disney is doing is revisionist, cowardly, and unfortunate, but it's not censorship.

I'm also in the camp that has been lobbying for a "Song of the South" release (in my dreams they give it to Criterion) with extensive commentaries on precisely why so much of that film's depiction of race is misguided. Because that film deserves to be understood -- and yes, enjoyed -- in context, not secreted away.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Disney cutting racially offensive material out of their movies. I certainly don't think anybody should be going to jail for racially offensive material, but it's racially offensive material for pete's sake. It won't be missed.

I'm looking to pick up the four-disc Fantasia set and Epic Mickey (but have no interest in SA). What is my best bet in terms of deals/coupons? I have access to both the Fantasia upgrade coupon and the regular one.

EDIT: Check that. Doesn't seem to want to let me print the upgrade coupon when I enter my UPC. Says I already used it, which I did not. So I guess I just have the regular one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Afflicted']I've had them use 2 coupons in one order before... but I've also been told on several occasions that they can't use 2 coupons in one purchase...[/QUOTE]I know I had no issues with Target, which is why I'm going there for my purchase instead of Best Buy. The coupons scan at the register at Target, so that's always one less issue to have with making the purchase.

Everywhere I go they don't have it...or they're stocking it and don't know what box its in. 0_o people are a fucking joke. This is the reason I shop online almost exclusively...but to save money I have to deal with incompetence. /rant

[quote name='flatliner718']Everywhere I go they don't have it...or they're stocking it and don't know what box its in. 0_o people are a fucking joke. This is the reason I shop online almost exclusively...but to save money I have to deal with incompetence. /rant[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's always a crapshoot in the morning. I'm not TOO worried about it selling out, so I'll just go at lunch or after work.

We're going to WDW at the beginning of Jan., so this will be a great prelude to that trip!

Anyone have success using both the 12/7 & 12/4 coupons for Fantasia? I'm going to stop by Target tonight, since they've been amazing with pricematches and MFC so far. If I can pull off $7.99 for the BD/DVD, that's worth it to me!

I went to target to pm the TRU ad and was successful. The guy who assisted me has been very helpful to me in the past so I actually corrected him when he tried to pm one of the movies @ $16.99 pre coupon or promo. Yeah, I know some CAGs wouldn't; and truth be told if it were the old grouchy lady cashier who bitches about everything, I wouldn't have corrected her, but this guy has been helpful to me in the past so I did. Anyway, I got TSA & F/F2K for $28.27 out the door.

I'm going to try to use the Fantasia and SA coupons at Target tonight since everyone seems to have better luck there with multiple coupons on the same transaction. I originally wanted to go to BB so I can get reward zone points, but eh....

[quote name='gamegirl79']I'm going to try to use the Fantasia and SA coupons at Target tonight since everyone seems to have better luck there with multiple coupons on the same transaction. I originally wanted to go to BB so I can get reward zone points, but eh....[/QUOTE]I can tell you that it worked without issue with the coupons scanning at the register at Target.

Both the Fantasia coupons wouldn't scan, however, though 1 SA and 1 Fantasia coupon stacked with the $10 bundle coupon price.

$29.99 + $27.99 - $10 - $10 - $10 = $27.98 before tax

They also did a price adjustment against the TRU price, though they had issues with getting it to adjust with the bundle savings, so they did it as a $4 "missed coupon" and gave back $4 in cash on the transaction.

[quote name='shrike4242']Both the Fantasia coupons wouldn't scan, however, though 1 SA and 1 Fantasia coupon stacked with the $10 bundle coupon price.[/QUOTE]
Bah, thanks for the heads up. I didn't really want it unless it was under $10.

Hmmm...I guess I'll just get this and Epic Mickey at Best Buy for $10 off combo with an additional $10 off with the Disney coupon. I also kind of want the EM paintbrush nunchuk (also eligible for the combo deal with EM), but I can always pick that up for $14.99 at Kmart.

Had no problem getting both of the $10 Fantasia and SA coupons to scan, despite Target not having the 3 Disc SA BluRay the coupon is for and getting the regular version. I ended up with both for just over $27 after the extra $10 deal.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Someone is going to mail me a hardcopy of Nebraska Furniture Mart AD. It will be $16.79 a piece. $6.79 ea. after coupon or $1.67 ea. when buying both TSA & F/F2K. :D ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]
You must have some really dumb cashiers where you live if they're willing to PM a local store 4 states away.

Just left BB. Was able to use both MFG coupons no problem. The cashier just did a manual override because the coupons wouldn't scan. So after RZ certificates and tax it was 4.01.

just left Target in Union,NJ both MFR coupons scanned no problem

$27.99 fantasia + $24.99 SA (2disc combo) - $10 coup -$10coup -$10Promo = $22.98 before tax

SA coupon is really supposed to be for the 3 disc combo pack but it scanned no problem for the 2disc combo pack. The cashier didnt even bother reading closely

if you had to do one or the other first at target, should you use the coupons first and pricematch with the WM ad later or pricematch first then use the coupons later? which was is more likely to succeed?

thanks.

Has anyone tried the self check-outs at target? I know that you can use coupons at them and was wondering if this would be the way to get the two coupons on fantasia to go through, any thoughts? I'll try it out tonight and report back.

[quote name='exRounder']if you had to do one or the other first at target, should you use the coupons first and pricematch with the WM ad later or pricematch first then use the coupons later? which was is more likely to succeed?

thanks.[/QUOTE]Since my experiences with Target and PMs have always been at the customer service desk, I end up doing them post-purchase, though I can't see why they wouldn't work pre-purchase.

[quote name='nazman11']Has anyone tried the self check-outs at target? I know that you can use coupons at them and was wondering if this would be the way to get the two coupons on fantasia to go through, any thoughts? I'll try it out tonight and report back.[/QUOTE]There aren't any where I'm at, so I can't offer any help.

The rep who did check me out did scan all three coupons and she said that the 2nd Fantasia coupon wouldn't scan and wouldn't deduct the price off of the total.

I tried PM at Target and the cashier told me they don't PM there. Manager doesn't want to. Maybe I'll try another Target or just get Fantasia at tru

[quote name='shrike4242']The rep who did check me out did scan all three coupons and she said that the 2nd Fantasia coupon wouldn't scan and wouldn't deduct the price off of the total.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the great info, I'll try it out and see what happens, did you happen to be purchasing anything else apart from the two blu rays?

[quote name='nazman11']Thanks for the great info, I'll try it out and see what happens, did you happen to be purchasing anything else apart from the two blu rays?[/QUOTE]Yes, it was a pack of mints, which was right by the register.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, it was a pack of mints, which was right by the register.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, so the coupon must be the same in their system, thats why it won't let both go through. I guess Ill just go through a normal register just in case to make sure I at least get the 30 off, I'm really shaky about keeping SA but both Blu-ray.com and High Def Digest said it was amazing a/v so I guess for 13 I'll keep it.

[quote name='nazman11']Interesting, so the coupon must be the same in their system, thats why it won't let both go through. I guess Ill just go through a normal register just in case to make sure I at least get the 30 off, I'm really shaky about keeping SA but both Blu-ray.com and High Def Digest said it was amazing a/v so I guess for 13 I'll keep it.[/QUOTE]If it was normal price, I'd probably pass on it. For the price I paid for it, I think it's worth it.

Just got back from picking mine up. The Target here was down to two copies of Fantasia left (one now, I guess :lol:). The only thing that annoys me about them is that they insist on stuffing them into those plastic cases which are too small for them. The slip covers on both of my copies are a little messed up from them, and there weren't any copies in perfect condition (I grabbed the best I could get). The cashier also had trouble getting SA out of the plastic case, and for a minute I thought she was going to end up completely tearing the slipcover. She managed to get it out without doing so, but I don't think she would have cared if she did, with the way she was pulling at it.

[quote name='nazman11']so I guess for 13 I'll keep it.[/QUOTE]

It was $22.98 for both after the discount and coupons, whereas Fantasia by itself would have been $17.99. I was going to buy Fantasia regardless, so as far as I'm concerned, I paid $4.99 for SA. Don't think I'd have paid much more than that, but I do want to see it and it would probably end up costing me nearly that much if I got it from Netflix by the time I got around to watching it. So really, why not?

Though I'm really confused by their "refund values" on the receipt -- it seems to have only taken a fraction of the $10 discount off of both titles (refund value on Fantasia is $22.71, on SA it's $20.27). It almost looks like I could return SA for $10.27 ($20.27 refund value - $10 coupon), which would mean that I would have paid $12.71 for Fantasia. Don't think I'm going to bother doing that, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Edit: Oh, duh, I figured it out -- it's taking a proportional amount of the $10 off of each title for the refund value, rather than just a straight $5 off of each. Still, interesting that you could apparently return one and still keep the discount on the other.

[quote name='arcane93']It was $22.98 for both after the discount and coupons[/QUOTE]
Did you PM a price on either? What was the price for both before discounts and coupons, $52.98-30=22.98? Because it seems like it should be like 28 or 29 after all is said and done, don't mean to keep asking questions, but if I can save a few more bucks, it wouldn't hurt :D

[quote name='nazman11']Did you PM a price on either? What was the price for both before discounts and coupons, $52.98-30=22.98? Because it seems like it should be like 28 or 29 after all is said and done, don't mean to keep asking questions, but if I can save a few more bucks, it wouldn't hurt :D[/QUOTE]

Nope, no PMing. The total was as follows:

$27.99 Fantasia
+ $24.99 SA
--------
$52.98 subtotal
- $10.00 package discount
- $10.00 Fantasia coupon
- $10.00 SA coupon
--------
$22.98 total

The reason that it's coming out cheaper than your calculations, I expect, is that I got the 2-disc BD/DVD combo pack for SA, rather than the 3-disc BD/DVD/DC combo pack, which I think was $5 more. I couldn't care less about the Digital Copy (I'd never use it, and I can't be bothered with the effort of trading/selling it), and the coupon apparently works for either (despite what it says on it about being for the 3-disc version). So I really saw no reason not to go for the cheaper one.

The only other annoying thing was that they charged me tax on $42.98. I guess that here in VA, anyway, coupons are taxable? Not really a huge deal, but it still irritates me.

Sweet, I haven't used on of those digital copies yet and if it saves me 5 bucks, I don't need it. Thanks for typing it all out Arcane93, greatly appreciate it.

Successful trip to Target. Purchased F/F2000 + SA using PM's to TRU and WalMart.

+ $26.99 F/F2000 (PM to TRU)
+ $19.96 SA (PM to WM) Kicker: I got the 3 disc set PM'ing 2 disc price :bouncy:
- $10 Discount
= $36.95, pre-tax
+ $3.xx tax
= $40.xx after tax
- $10 F/F2000 Coup
- $10 SA Coupon
= $20.xx total

[quote name='arcane93']The only other annoying thing was that they charged me tax on $42.98. I guess that here in VA, anyway, coupons are taxable? Not really a huge deal, but it still irritates me.[/QUOTE]

That's the way the Disney coupons have always worked for me. They're figured in after tax is computed, so you pay tax on the pre-coupon total. Kind of sucks, but given how great some of the deals have been using these in the past, I'm not complaining (much).

[quote name='major morgan']Successful trip to Target. Purchased F/F2000 + SA using PM's to TRU and WalMart.[/QUOTE]

Nice. The last time I tried PMing when there was a special offer (like the $10 off offer on this one), I was told that I could have either the PM or the offer, but not both. So I didn't even bother trying this time. I'm happy enough with the deal I got, though, so whatever.

Got TSA & Fantasia for $17.95 plus tax at Target after a price match on TSA with the Walmart ad, the coupon for each movie, and the promo for buying both. I was directed to the customer service counter for the price match where they told me I should've just checked out there. They had to cancel the transaction and re-ring it up doing the TSA price match first before scanning Fantasia.

[quote name='arcane93']Nice. The last time I tried PMing when there was a special offer (like the $10 off offer on this one), I was told that I could have either the PM or the offer, but not both. So I didn't even bother trying this time. I'm happy enough with the deal I got, though, so whatever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a bit reluctant to even try it because of that. Not to mention PM'ing to TWO different stores.

The girl was very kind about it; with the only slow-down that she wanted to confirm with the M.O.D. that they can price match them. Unlike some CSR's, she didn't scrutinize the ads to the Nth degree despite the fact I only had a print out copy of the WalMart ad.

Btw, I'm disappointed that there were no slipcovers for the movies. I guess the store decided to purge them since they cannot fit properly in the security cases. I guess that's the price I pay for shopping in the 'hood.

[quote name='major morgan']Btw, I'm disappointed that there were no slipcovers for the movies. I guess the store decided to purge them since they cannot fit properly in the security cases. I guess that's the price I pay for shopping in the 'hood.[/QUOTE]
I didn't shop "in the 'hood" and they still didn't have the slip covers on either movie. They did have some sleeves in a cart full of boxes and trash nearby so I took one for each movie.

I dislike slip covers and think they're pointless, particularly when they're the same as the regular cover. Yet I feel cheated if I know there is a slip and I don't pick it up.

What the hell? Someone said they buy a candy for $1 and Target system take a 4th $10 off make everything $17-18 at most? Did someone said this works?

I love the slipcovers for both TSA and Fantasia.

5221145119_bbe39ef3dd.jpg

I was able to PM the 2 disc for TSA using the WM ad and paid $9.99 with the coupon.
Wasn't even going to try and PM TRU and Target at BB because usually it's either one or the other. And I wanted to use the coupons. So $30 isn't bad at all.

[quote name='Techsticles']I didn't shop "in the 'hood" and they still didn't have the slip covers on either movie. They did have some sleeves in a cart full of boxes and trash nearby so I took one for each movie.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not shopping in the 'hood doesn't necessarily mean the movies won't be in a security shell case, but it definitely is less prevalent.

I just find it to be more likely that the Target stores closer to home in a better part of town do not put everything in a security case. I'll just have to check and see if I'm right about that.

[quote name='moop2001']Anybody try to put the codes into Disney Movie Rewards yet. It won;t let me sign in?[/QUOTE]

Same problem here! It is pissing me off since I leave work in 40 minutes and wanted to be able to print my Fantasia coupon before I left!

EDIT: This is the error I am getting:

disney.globalreg.sdk.ApplicationConfigurationException

Me thinks it is technical issue on their end. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='major morgan']I agree. Not shopping in the 'hood doesn't necessarily mean the movies won't be in a security shell case, but it definitely is less prevalent.[/QUOTE]

Not in the 'hood here, but they still use the security shell cases. Here, they shove them in with the slipcases on them. On the plus side, I get the slipcases. On the minus side, they don't actually fit in the security cases, so they end up all bent up on the edges.

[quote name='Techsticles']I dislike slip covers and think they're pointless, particularly when they're the same as the regular cover. Yet I feel cheated if I know there is a slip and I don't pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I would actually probably be better off if they did trash the slipcases in the store. :lol: If I have them, I feel like I have to keep them, which means I've got a big pile of slipcases in my closet (I don't keep them on the disc cases because they take up valuable shelf space and tend to take more wear and tear). They'll never serve any real purpose other than to take up space, but especially with ones like Disney uses (shiny!), I feel weird about throwing them away.

Toys R Us - Managed to pick up Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Fantasia Blu-ray for $101 and some change (that's including tax).

$10 off coupon for Fantasia
B1G1 50% - Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong

I didn't really care to own Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's on the way from Netflix and I'll probably watch it once and never again. This looked to be the best deal because I wanted both EM and DK.

[quote name='kak23']Toys R Us - Managed to pick up Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Fantasia Blu-ray for $101 and some change (that's including tax).

$10 off coupon for Fantasia
B1G1 50% - Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong

I didn't really care to own Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's on the way from Netflix and I'll probably watch it once and never again. This looked to be the best deal because I wanted both EM and DK.[/QUOTE]

good stuff

As for me, I stuck with my $63.99 CE of Epic Mickey from Amazon, and picked up TSA and F/F2000 from Target for $27.98 after taxes. (PM TRU's $26.99 each and used the two $10 coupons)

speaking of which I still need to get DK

and the ups guy still hasnt brought my EM yet, the wait is killing me slowly...

bread's done
Back