Any deals on Machete Blu-Ray ?

postaldude12

CAGiversary!
I wanted to find any good deal on the Machete Blu-Ray, I also would like to buy Grindhouse special edition on Blu-Ray, hopefully someone posts a deal if you buy both of them.

I want a deal on Machete too. $26 is too much for me. The Grindhouse blu was like $22 but it was well worth that price.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I want a deal on Machete too. $26 is too much for me. The Grindhouse blu was like $22 but it was well worth that price.[/QUOTE]

It will be $22 at Target on release day.

[quote name='chuckywang']It will be $22 at Target on release day.[/QUOTE]

Yea ill probably end up getting it at target, and ill see if i can find grindhouse for 19.99 or cheaper if not i'm getting it on amazon

If anyone wants this a little early and doesn't mind paying a little extra, FYE has it on the shelves as of right now. Picked it up this afternoon for $27.99

wow, I'm surprised people are thinking $22 is a "Deal" for a movie. On release date a deal is nothing more than $15 for a brand new movie.

[quote name='wormraper']wow, I'm surprised people are thinking $22 is a "Deal" for a movie. On release date a deal is nothing more than $15 for a brand new movie.[/QUOTE]

How many blu-rays do you find sub-$15 on release day besides Disney movies with coupons? Let me know who sells them so I can shop there instead of waiting a couple weeks after release.

In my opinion this movie is worth $22 just to see Steven Seagal playing a spanish speaking samurai sword swinging bad guy. He really is hilarious here. Really fun movie overall.

[quote name='CENNY']In my opinion this movie is worth $22 just to see Steven Seagal playing a spanish speaking samurai sword swinging bad guy. He really is hilarious here. Really fun movie overall.[/QUOTE]
IMO it's worth it just for Jessica Alba!

[quote name='mrosnwo']How many blu-rays do you find sub-$15 on release day besides Disney movies with coupons? Let me know who sells them so I can shop there instead of waiting a couple weeks after release.[/QUOTE]

Most of them are $16-18 on blu-ray/dvd/DC combo packs on amazon on release day.

Are there any extra features in this besides audience commentary track and a few deleted scenes? Since usually there's a Rodrieguiz cooking school and commentary track for his movies, but this one I can't find any info on. Plus I kinda figured he'd make an extended cut with the deleted Savini-Machete fight.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Most of them are $16-18 on blu-ray/dvd/DC combo packs on amazon on release day.[/QUOTE]

Amazon usually takes the lowest price from the Sunday ads, and undercuts it by a dollar, putting most Blu Rays in the $20-$22 range on release week. It's very rare to see a brand new Blu-Ray film under $20 on the day of release anymore, and it will continue to be that way as long as the studios continue to market Blu-Ray as a premium experience to regular DVD as opposed to an alternative.

[quote name='postaldude12']I wanted to find any good deal on the Machete Blu-Ray, I also would like to buy Grindhouse special edition on Blu-Ray, hopefully someone posts a deal if you buy both of them.[/QUOTE]

The seperate versions of Planet Terror & Death Proof on BR are the ones to get. The combo is only the theatrical cuts, which are good 10 minutes or more shorter than the extended editions that are available on the seperate releases.

Oh and did I mention low quality dvd audio? The separate releases have lossless audio

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LanceJr']The seperate versions of Planet Terror & Death Proof on BR are the ones to get. The combo is only the theatrical cuts, which are good 10 minutes or more shorter than the extended editions that are available on the seperate relases. And for some reason, they removed the Machete trailer on Planet Terror. Granted not a big deal, but still it's a easy double dip ploy.

Oh and did I mention low quality dvd audio? The separate releases have lossless audio[/QUOTE]

I've heard that the Machete trailer IS included...

[quote name='postaldude12']I've heard that the Machete trailer IS included...[/QUOTE]

I have the Grindhouse blu-ray and can confirm that the Machete trailer plays before Planet Terror. It is part of PT which is why it isn't listed in the special features.

[quote name='LanceJr']The seperate versions of Planet Terror & Death Proof on BR are the ones to get. The combo is only the theatrical cuts, which are good 10 minutes or more shorter than the extended editions that are available on the seperate relases. And for some reason, they removed the Machete trailer on Planet Terror. Granted not a big deal, but still it's a easy double dip ploy.

Oh and did I mention low quality dvd audio? The separate releases have lossless audio[/QUOTE]

[quote name='postaldude12']I've heard that the Machete trailer IS included...[/QUOTE]

The Machete trailer is indeed part of the Grindhouse on Blu-ray, just as it was in the theatre.

[quote name='LanceJr']The seperate versions of Planet Terror & Death Proof on BR are the ones to get. The combo is only the theatrical cuts, which are good 10 minutes or more shorter than the extended editions that are available on the seperate releases.

The theatrical version with the trailers is leaps and bounds superior to the separate films. It's how it was meant to be seen. I've yet to have a theater experience that rivaled Grindhouse (Dark Knight IMAX is the closest thing). It just feels like the better film, and it flows better, even though it's 3 hours long.

So I have two ps3's and the PlayStation fat couldn't get past the firmware screen.......my slim played it fine......probably not the place for this, but a bit of warning....

[quote name='flatliner718']So I have two ps3's and the PlayStation fat couldn't get past the firmware screen.......my slim played it fine......probably not the place for this, but a bit of warning....[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I have a phat BC. Hope it'll work whenever I decide to get.

Machete has now been dropped to $19.99 on Amazon.com. Not sure if that's a price match with somewhere else or not but I thought I'd give ya the heads up! ;)

[quote name='flatliner718']So I have two ps3's and the PlayStation fat couldn't get past the firmware screen.......my slim played it fine......probably not the place for this, but a bit of warning....[/QUOTE]

I have a Playstation fat (non BC) and it worked just fine. I rented it from Blockbuster though so I don't know if that makes much of a difference. Movie was great, sorry I missed it in theaters. I'll be picking it up once it hits $14.99 or below.

Worked fine last night on my Original 60GB PS3. The only thing that ticked me off was the big ad on the menu screen for "digital copy" information. Kind of ruined an amazing menu screen.

bread's done
Back