Any interest for an auction fantasy baseball league?

dopa345

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Hi all,

ESPN offers fantasy baseball leagues with the option for auction drafts. I personally like auction drafts over regular drafts since every team has an equal opportunity to get any player so draft position doesn't matter. I did a few last season and it works really well and the drafts are a lot more fun and interesting.

I'd like to get at least 10 (12-14 teams is ideal) so if you're interested, just PM me your email address and if we have enough teams, I'll set up a league and email everyone invites.

i'm currently waiting to see if I'm going to get in my friend's league. If not (or if I feel the need for 2 teams), I'll see if this one is still available.

[quote name='Chronis']i'm currently waiting to see if I'm going to get in my friend's league. If not (or if I feel the need for 2 teams), I'll see if this one is still available.[/QUOTE]

No prob, just shoot me a PM with your email if you want in. We tentatively have 7 spots out of 12 taken, so 5 left.

To those that PM'ed me email addresses, you should be getting invitations. Let me know if you don't.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']never done an espn or auction draft (just the pick rounds in yahoo). care to explain how it works?[/QUOTE]

Basically, each team has a set amount of money to start ($260). Each team takes turns nominating a player for auction. The person who has the highest bid in the end gets the player. Process repeats until each team is set up. This allows every team an equal chance to get a player, it just matters how much you're willing to spend for him. There's a lot more draft strategy involved and really makes it more fun in my opinion. If you're interested, PM me your email address. There are two spots left. ESPN has mock drafts so you can practice the format and your draft strategy anytime you want.

Pujols? :razz:

Also, that reminds me to mention. For a draft date, I should be good whenever (with the exception of march 20th, have a live draft at a friends), but we'd have to start no later than 10pm EST. Last auction I was in went...three hours I think and I need to start getting ready for work at 1am EST. Also, don't expect me to be ready for a draft before 8am EST either, but I doubt anybody would want to draft that early.

[quote name='craven_fiend']What day/time are you shooting for a draft? Also, i already know who my first player will be.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting until we fill so we can decide on a time that best fits everyone's schedule.

For those that joined, thanks and please check out the league since I posted a poll to get started on finding a mutually agreeable date for the draft.

Also we still need two more members, so if anyone is interested please let me know! I'd rather have this be an all CAG league.

Just noticed the poll. Note to self, don't ever vote again when i'm exhausted. I didn't see the word "not" in there. So add another vote to the 20th instead of the 27th.

I wasn't paying attention when I voted. I voted for the 20th but I absolutely can't do it on the 21st. I'm in a CAG league over on Yahoo with a draft that night.

bread's done
Back