Any place to buy cheap Lacoste clothing?

What's the difference between a Lacoste polo and a cheap Kohl's one other than the little alligator? Anyways, I bought 2 from 2 different sellers and they were both fake on ebay. Even though they look really authentic with the plastic, tag with price and brand, etc. they are still fake because the alligator is not alligned with the buttons like the real ones. Stick away from ebay even though they look real!

[quote name='magictoilet']What's the difference between a Lacoste polo and a cheap Kohl's one other than the little alligator? Anyways, I bought 2 from 2 different sellers and they were both fake on ebay. Even though they look really authentic with the plastic, tag with price and brand, etc. they are still fake because the alligator is not alligned with the buttons like the real ones. Stick away from ebay even though they look real![/QUOTE]
Well, the alligator is the difference.:)

[quote name='magictoilet']What's the difference between a Lacoste polo and a cheap Kohl's one other than the little alligator?[/QUOTE]
This probably not mean much, but the fabric holds up better in the wash. The cuts are better, finish from the seams to the buttons are better as well. It's kind of something you really have to look for, but once you do, you'll realize it's well worth it. Kind of like getting a tailored dress shirt. It's hard to just pick up something just off the shelf.

ebay is really cheap for lacoste stuff - i guess you don't know what you are getting exactly, but it seems like they are super cheap on ebay

[quote name='tdr32341']ebay is really cheap for lacoste stuff - i guess you don't know what you are getting exactly, but it seems like they are super cheap on ebay[/QUOTE]
Cheap on eBay because they are fake, as stated earlier in this thread.

I was skeptical the first time I dropped damn near $80 on a Polo, but the Lacostes really are a high quality nice shirt. And yes, the one I bought on eBay was definately fake.

occasionally u can get them at department stores for cheap when they are running a certain percent off like macys, but sometimes there sales exclude lacoste so u have to watch

i found one for 21 bucks in this local store. they sale clothes and shoes that have minor defects. all that was wrong with the shirt was like a tiny black spot on the tip of the alligator, but that easily flaked off. they had a ton of these shirts (real as far as i could tell) and i was amazed someone hadn't bought them all for ebay.

The only place to get Lacoste sweaters is the Salvation Army, or Red White and Blue or whatever thrift store you have in your area. I have found a handful at every thrift store I've ever been to.

[quote name='rywateska']Basically you're poor if you don't have a Lacoste popped.[/QUOTE]
what does popped have anything to do with this???????????

Check out costco.com or your local costco stores. I work for a company that ships clothing to costco and once in a while we get truckloads of lacoste clothing. Just last week we shipped about 25 pallets to costco in the east coast.

[quote name='docvinh']Well, the alligator is the difference.:)[/QUOTE]

Basically, you need the little alligator if you're a conformist douchebag that wants to impress his circle-jerking frat buddies. Otherwise, an alligator-less polo would do the job just fine.

only way to get them is nordstrom or bloomingdales. 72 bucks a shirt. I used to get em' at the outlet stores, for not much of a difference. but who cares....everyone wears them these days---its actually becoming uncool. it was cool 6-7 years ago, when only the fashionista's wears it.

Check nordstroms and Von Maur, thats where I get mine, plus they always have a sales rack which sometimes has lacoste polos.

[quote name='Darwin23']only way to get them is nordstrom or bloomingdales. 72 bucks a shirt. I used to get em' at the outlet stores, for not much of a difference. but who cares....everyone wears them these days---its actually becoming uncool. it was cool 6-7 years ago, when only the fashionista's wears it.[/QUOTE]

actually there is a lacoste store.

[quote name='smalien1']72 bucks for a little logo? that's fucking ridicoulous[/QUOTE] Yeah if all you think you're getting is that logo. They're well made.

[quote name='edtinney']Basically, you need the little alligator if you're a conformist douchebag that wants to impress his circle-jerking frat buddies. Otherwise, an alligator-less polo would do the job just fine.[/QUOTE]

Or if you enjoy wearing nice clothes...geez why can't a person just have good taste? Just because you wouldn't wear a Lacoste shirt doesn't mean that the people who do are "conformist douchebags". I've never been in a frat, nor would I join one if I were back in school, but I have quite a few Lacoste polos and button down shirts, and they are great shirts. Great quality all-around. Not to mention that if you are in good shape, they tend to fit very well. Don't be scared off by the "high" price tags, they are well worth it!

[quote name='hopesfall']Or if you enjoy wearing nice clothes...geez why can't a person just have good taste? Just because you wouldn't wear a Lacoste shirt doesn't mean that the people who do are "conformist douchebags". I've never been in a frat, nor would I join one if I were back in school, but I have quite a few Lacoste polos and button down shirts, and they are great shirts. Great quality all-around. Not to mention that if you are in good shape, they tend to fit very well. Don't be scared off by the "high" price tags, they are well worth it![/QUOTE]

:applause:.......Couldn't of said it better myself.

[quote name='Prepster']:applause:.......Couldn't of said it better myself.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you couldn't since you don't know how to talk (psst...it's couldn't HAVE said). I feel that I do have good taste in clothes, however I'd rather pay $20 for a Nautica polo that fits just as well, but doesn't have a little alligator. I wear what I wear because I like it, not because it is in style. People nowadays care way too much about dressing to impress other people, and if you need an alligator to impress people, that's just sad (I'm not saying that you, in particular, do, but you have to admit that's why most people wear them). I actually need some new clothes, so maybe I'll buy one of those Nautica polos and use all that money I save on that shiny new Xbox 360 I've had my eye on!

[quote name='edtinney']Obviously you couldn't since you don't know how to talk (psst...it's couldn't HAVE said). I feel that I do have good taste in clothes, however I'd rather pay $20 for a Nautica polo that fits just as well, but doesn't have a little alligator. I wear what I wear because I like it, not because it is in style. People nowadays care way too much about dressing to impress other people, and if you need an alligator to impress people, that's just sad (I'm not saying that you, in particular, do, but you have to admit that's why most people wear them). I actually need some new clothes, so maybe I'll buy one of those Nautica polos and use all that money I save on that shiny new Xbox 360 I've had my eye on![/QUOTE]

So your point is, some people like to wear expensive clothes and some people don't? Great.

[quote name='edtinney']Obviously you couldn't since you don't know how to talk (psst...it's couldn't HAVE said). I feel that I do have good taste in clothes, however I'd rather pay $20 for a Nautica polo that fits just as well, but doesn't have a little alligator. I wear what I wear because I like it, not because it is in style. People nowadays care way too much about dressing to impress other people, and if you need an alligator to impress people, that's just sad (I'm not saying that you, in particular, do, but you have to admit that's why most people wear them). I actually need some new clothes, so maybe I'll buy one of those Nautica polos and use all that money I save on that shiny new Xbox 360 I've had my eye on![/QUOTE]
Where are you finding a Nautica polo for 20 bucks?

[quote name='docvinh']Where are you finding a Nautica polo for 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

seriously...when I lived in Seattle, I used to buy Nautica stuff on a semi-regular basis, and I don't think I ever paid $20 for anything from them...maybe a t-shirt, but that would be about it.

Nautica polos that are water (beer) resistant. they're cooler and cheaper.

as a fraternity member i am appaled when you generalize fraternity members as popping their collar. i'll let you know that doesnt happen in MY chapter damnit.

[quote name='Storamin']Nautica polos that are water (beer) resistant. they're cooler and cheaper.

as a fraternity member i am appaled when you generalize fraternity members as popping their collar. i'll let you know that doesnt happen in MY chapter damnit.[/QUOTE]

Actually the frats I have gone to don't like anyone inside the frat with a popped collar which bummed me out since I always have my collars popped.....yea I know, but i got so used to it after working at Abercrombie for so long.

Lacoste is junk
Lacoste is not a good brand.
A little history for yall Lacoste use to be the same company as Izod. Hence they sold it at JCpenny. Izod and lacoste split and lacoste was sold to some asian ppl and now they became big because of actors and rap stars. The problem with the brand is the sizes are not even. Many times a medium is not the same as another medium. Another problem is their jeans are horrible along with their shoes. get ralph lauren polos at the outlet at 2 for 80. A much better deal than lacoste. or striple le tigre. Lacsote has ended up in Nordstrom Rack as a result of over producing and you should begin to see more clearance.. Otherwise get other polos and no famous ppl are wearing it now.

[quote name='docvinh']Where are you finding a Nautica polo for 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

You guys gotta holler at outlets and Marshalls! The Lacoste kids might laugh at you if they see you walking out of Marshalls. Try not to cry, it just encourages them. Also, take that extra money and buy a few cheapass games. That'll show 'em.

[quote name='Storamin'] as a fraternity member i am appaled when you generalize fraternity members as popping their collar. i'll let you know that doesnt happen in MY chapter damnit.[/QUOTE]

Did I say anything about popping the collar? No I didn't. It's funny though because you subconsciously associated Lacoste and frats with popping collars.

[quote name='docvinh']Damn right, I have yellow shirt with a blue tiger. Get with that bitches![/QUOTE]

Hells yeah, I have a green one with a blue tiger. I have a few Le Tigre polo's because they're the only brand I've found that fits the way I want them to. Most smalls anymore seem to fit like mediums used to a few years ago, and I like my shirts tight. But not sickly emo-kid tight.

bread's done
Back