Anybody ever finished all of the Dragon Ball series?

binici

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I am talking about Dragon Ball through Dragon Ball GT...

I have a few more episodes left to finish through Dragon Ball Z series and I will be done ditty!

That last saga with Buu was weird. Not sure if I should continue with DB:GT? What do you all think?

Thoughts, comments, opinions, etc.,?

GODDAMNIT! Seriously, no playoff game again? The last two years it looked so likely we would have at least one, and yet none.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread.

This takes me back, I haven't watched an episode of Dragonball in forever. I've seen most of DB, aside from the last 10 or so episodes. I missed around the last 15 episodes of DBZ, and I have seen all of GT. Overall, GT is unnecessary, but it had a few good moments here and there. The start of the GT series is closer to DB and the end is closer in feel to DBZ. While I didn't outright dislike it, I can understand why many would, and it was - by far - way weaker than its predecessors.

I'm actually in the middle of watching the entire series. I've already finished dragonball and finished the frieza saga in dragonball z. I forgot how much filler in it.

I haven't seen much of Dragonball, but I recently finished watching the entirety of Dragon Ball Z, and unfortunately GT as well.

Basically, Z was a relatively mindless action show, but entertaining. GT is just idiotic. If GT had ended after the Baby saga, it might have seemed decent, but the series take a bigger shit during the last 2 sagas. Overall, it was a forced cash-cow attempt that was uninspired, and ruins almost every character. All of the main characters other than Goku are brushed aside almost completely, with the worst offense being how they handled Piccolo. Basically, he only exists to die as some sort of crux paux for each saga. His presence is bad, weak, unnecessary in GT. Overall, stay far away from it ;)

I've only seen parts of dragonball. I skipped GT when I realized they were trying(horribly) to merge aspects from DBZ & the original, like reverting Goku back to kid form.

Dragon Ball Z is the only one that I've tried to finish and even then, I stopped half away into the Buu saga.

I watched only about half of DragonBall (although I've read the entire manga, at least)

I saw all of DragonBall Z

Now I'm buying and watching every release of DBZ Kai on glorious Bluray (it's awesome... even though the Frieza battles still took way too long!)

I recently purchased DB GT The Complete Series as a lightning deal on Amazon for only $26. I have never seen any of GT, so that will be new to me. I'm just waiting for Kai to finish up, then I'll rewatch the Buu saga of Z, then move onto GT.

Also I've seen most of the DBZ movies

(the only ones you NEED are Bardock The Father of Goku and The History of Trunks... the rest aren't canon and don't matter)

[quote name='boylover']Also I've seen most of the DBZ movies

(the only ones you NEED are Bardock The Father of Goku and The History of Trunks... the rest aren't canon and don't matter)[/QUOTE]

Bardock actually appear in the anime first, but Akira Toriyama ended up really liking the character and add it in the manga.

Don't watch GT. Seriously. Spend that time re-watching the original series or playing the Dragon Ball origins games.

Dragonball GT is terrrrrrrrrible. I remember watching a few episodes when I was super into anime and even then thought it was crap. None of the antagonists are interesting, Super Saiyan 4 is a joke and the whole series is just too amped up and 'extreme.' Skip it.

GT is good only if you want to see the entire series. Just ignore all the consitancy errors and implausablity of it all (Black Star Dragon Balls that blow up your planet after you use them, and scatter about the universe instead of the Earth. Goku a kid again for no plausable reason whatsoever. Emperor Pilaf back and blocking out meeting 19 year old Goku from the end of DB.) You mostly get kid Goku (serious? WTF?), Teenage Trunks (not nearly as cool as Future Trunks), and preteen Pan, Goku's daughter. Later eps feature the gnag back, and you cna see vegeta and Bulma's daughter Bulla, who neither flies nor goes Super Saiyan (and why hasn't Bullma learned to fly by now? It's a matter of safety at this point) . Oh, and ep 16 is a clip show recapping the past 15 eps.

On the plus side, you do get a bit more into the Dragon Balls themselves. They weren't meant to be overused. They were supposed to be used once a century or so. They gather negative energy from each use, and need a century to drain them. Overuse them, and watch out.

Interesting.

Seems like the majority of you all are cool with DB and DBZ, but have a hit or miss relationship with GT.

i read all the manga from DB to DBZ in a weekend.

DB was cool. then i think midway through DB you can see it slowly become like DBZ and it starts to suck. then DBZ comes out and it completely sucks.

I've seen it all, but GT's the only one that I've only watched through once. Dragon Ball's easily the best out of them all since it has a great pace and does a good job of mixing up the action with comedy during the downtime up until Goku grows up.

p90x schedule is meant to be a combination of a variety of types of workouts and is essentially meant to shock your body into shape over 90 days. There is crazy stuff like plyometrics or jump training, weight training, cardio, and even a hardcore version of yoga. The videos have you working out 6 days a week and do require a few special (albeit low cost) pieces of equipment to really do it.

real hair extensions clip in

Last edited by a moderator:
Surviving the transition from Dragon Ball to Z to GT is hard. Lighthearted action-comedy to serious action to... throwing both of those into a pot and taking whatever floats to the top. GT played out like a bad fanfic, throwing out canon left and right, recycling villains, and giving us Vegeta's with a goddamn moo-stache.

On a side note, I think the Kai route through the Frieza and Cell arcs is the way to go. Still long, but far less filler.

I finished it and I didn't care for GT much, its way shorter than dbz or db so it wont take up too much time to watch. Some parts make no sense to me when it comes to how weak the charactors are compared to dbz. I'd say its easily skippable like the dbz movies after the first cooler one, but if you have the time and patience its kinda interesting to see what happens to the charactors after dbz. One other note is that the original creator of db had nothing to do with GT, so theres that.

[quote name='GUNNM']After Frieza saga DBZ was shitte and then it continued to be shitte all the way to GT.[/QUOTE]

Cell saga wasn't that bad but yes, it was downhill after Frieza.

Original DB and Kai are the way to go, really.

I watched most of DBZ when it was on Cartoon Network all the time in the late 90's. The other two I've seen bits and pieces of but never got too far into them.

ive watched most of dragon ball z, watched the first season of dragon ball, and a few episodes of gt. Everytime i get myself back interested in it I get drawn to another series to take a break from the so many episodes.... One day ill sit and watch everyone. Its a goal of mine. GT is different but they way i see it is a alternate version or perhaps a dream of goku's.

[quote name='saunderscowie']How many episodes in total?[/QUOTE]

A lot! I think it is something like 500+ episodes (TOTAL)! LOL, I finished the DBZ series and watched the first DBGT episode and it was akward...

[quote name='saunderscowie']How many episodes in total?[/QUOTE]
153 episodes of Dragon Ball, 276 of DBZ, and 64 of DBGT, so it's 493 for the entire series. If you want to watch DBZ Kai instead of DBZ, it is just 98 episodes through the end of the Cell Saga and about 97 episodes for the rest of DBZ after that, which would make that entire run about 412 episodes.

[quote name='binici']I am talking about Dragon Ball through Dragon Ball GT...

I have a few more episodes left to finish through Dragon Ball Z series and I will be done ditty!

That last saga with Buu was weird. Not sure if I should continue with DB:GT? What do you all think?

Thoughts, comments, opinions, etc.,?[/QUOTE]
Yes I have been through all of the series, honestly cut your losses and quit. Anything after Cell was just waste (although to be quite honest they should have ended with Frieza).

Dragon Ball ends in the Dragon Ball GT right? Why sometimes i see other crazy names like Dragon Ball X and etc?

atleast 4 times, and btw there is no gt (i watch it rarely but have made it through twice when i want to see some of the decent scenes and cant remember what episode they were in)

[quote name='kaidliam']Dragon Ball ends in the Dragon Ball GT right? Why sometimes i see other crazy names like Dragon Ball X and etc?[/QUOTE]

Fan shit AFAIK.

Also I think there's some kind of 'what if?' official DBZ manga out there. I don't know the name but it basically goes into a bunch of alternate reality scenarios but from what I hear it's pretty terrible.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I finished it and I didn't care for GT much, its way shorter than dbz or db so it wont take up too much time to watch. Some parts make no sense to me when it comes to how weak the charactors are compared to dbz. I'd say its easily skippable like the dbz movies after the first cooler one, but if you have the time and patience its kinda interesting to see what happens to the charactors after dbz. One other note is that the original creator of db had nothing to do with GT, so theres that.[/QUOTE]

He actually helped out with the first story arc. Then said it was basically how he'd have done the series (I think he was just being polite.)

[quote name='cochesecochese']Fan shit AFAIK.

Also I think there's some kind of 'what if?' official DBZ manga out there. I don't know the name but it basically goes into a bunch of alternate reality scenarios but from what I hear it's pretty terrible.[/QUOTE]

Dragon ball Multiverse, but that's a tournament with various alternate reality characters. It's good for the most part, until they do the specials.

[quote name='GUNNM']After Frieza saga DBZ was shitte and then it continued to be shitte all the way to GT.[/QUOTE]

This. Wasn't it Toriyama's orginal intent to have the series finished after the Frieza saga? But the series was so popular that he just kept going?

I haven't seen every single episode of DBZ. I skipped around during the Buu Saga. The anime has always been a guilty pleasure. For as dumb and mainstream it is, I still enjoy watching it.

Honestly I like DB more than DBZ. I liked the humor and it being more light hearted. Only saw a few episode of GT. Garbage.

Now that I think about it i've seen all of DBZ and almost none of Dragon ball outside of the movies. Felt the entire Buu Saga was a horribly paced joke and word of mouth on GT has been so bad I always stayed away from it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Dragon ball Multiverse, but that's a tournament with various alternate reality characters. It's good for the most part, until they do the specials.[/QUOTE]

Multiverse is a fan-comic, I think he's talking about the what-if story they officially put out about Bardock (Goku's dad) becoming a super saiyan.

bread's done
Back