Anybody know what the 1.30 update did?

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']I just downloaded it and for the life of me cannot find anything new.[/quote]
Hmm rumor is they fixed the 1080i problem! I'll check the sites overseas in a second.

>>And I should add, that is the 1080i option not showing up, not the 720/1080i upscaling problem.

Well now I don't have to switch back to 1080i when I'm not playing R:FoM. Now the PS3 starts in 1080i and will kick down to 720p when I launch the game, something it was making me do on my own manually.

Also there is a new "back up" feature under system settings which I guess you can use a USB drive to save your PS3's hard drive files just in cause you need a system restore in the future.

Looks like they are missing something at the bottom (translated via website) but this is what I found from Japan:

From 2006 December 6th,™the update which renews the substance performance of PS3 was started. With the latest update, version of system software becomes 1.30, the following function is renewed.
The main function which is renewed with system software version 1.30
icon_setting.gif

Setting
icon_zero.gif

In addition
  • Please view this concerning the USB equipment which becomesenabledwith version 1.30,

doesnt look like anything signifigant from the news, might be translation though.

lets see if this fixes the HDMI Handshaking issues.

Just tested via HDMI, and still the same handshaking issues. Gah dammit.

So overall a very good update huh cheapy? Looks like in a few more weeks most of the mojor bugs should be fully ironed out at this rate.

yeah, wow. I guess this is the new age of gaming where the users are beta testing the systems and software. Console gaming is pretty much PC gaming now.

That's good news, Cheapy.

Nothing in this update really benefits me greatly. However, 1080i now has priority over 720p, which is good because my TV was upconverting 720p->1080i and doing a bad job of it.

Well glad to see some issues were fixed for people.

LOL at the hype about the scaler fix, I was hoping it was true because I am one of the affected people, but I guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

The offical US update site is now updated. Basically what I posted before but stated a little clearer.

• Settings
  • Other
    • The compatibility of USB devices with PlayStation®2 format software titles has changed. For details on USB devices that can be used with system software version 1.30, select here.
You can update your system software by any of the following methods:

[quote name='rodeojones903']Still cant send audio through optical while using HDMI i assume?[/quote]Not sure...I no longer need to do the Auto-HDMI setup procedure. If you don't have to rely on that, you can switch audio to whatever you like.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Still cant send audio through optical while using HDMI i assume?[/quote]

I don't understand why this still doesn't work for some people... I've been using my PS3 with HDMI for video and Optical for audio since day one.

Anyone care to fill me in?

[quote name='rodeojones903']Still cant send audio through optical while using HDMI i assume?[/QUOTE]

I've never had that problem

still having those damn handshaking problems though

[quote name='reiji']I don't understand why this still doesn't work for some people... I've been using my PS3 with HDMI for video and Optical for audio since day one.

Anyone care to fill me in?[/quote]Some people have issues in which selecting HDMI manually will not work with their TVs. In that case, they must use the auto-HDMI configuration (holding down the power button for 5 seconds when powering on the PS3). This method automatically selects HDMI for audio and changing to optical afterwards will negate your auto-HDMI config.

I'm having trouble with the broswer now. The pages aren't resizing themselves correctly and sometimes they are over lapping each other when I have multiple windows. I thought it was because I was viewing in 1080i so I knocked it down to 720P put the same thing is still going on.

bread's done
Back