Anyone ever buy a game for a system they didn't own?

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Last week I was at Goodwill and I saw Virtua Racing Deluxe for the 32X for $1.00. I don't own a 32X (yet), but the price was right and the game was complete. The box was a little worn, but the game was complete nontheless. Anyone else do this?

Yes, I bought some Turbografix 16 games at a Goodwill and immediately bought the system off of ebay so I could play them.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Last week I was at Goodwill and I saw Virtua Racing Deluxe for the 32X for $1.00. I don't own a 32X (yet), but the price was right and the game was complete. The box was a little worn, but the game was complete nontheless. Anyone else do this?[/QUOTE]

I bought a few Saturn games before i bought mine. I had a few PSone games before i bought that system (i bought my first PS when it was small and came with a screen) but that was because of Bleemcast for the Dreamcast (Teken, Metal Gear and Gran Turismo)

Not myself, but a friend of mine bought Onimusha 3 for the PS2 even though he doesnt have a PS2, he just brought it over to peoples houses to play. He did however, later actually get a PS2.

Yeah, I have a couple. I have some N-Gage stuff, R-Zone, and some Arcade Card Duo stuff I can't play. I may have a few Colecovision games around here too.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Yes, I bought some Turbografix 16 games at a Goodwill and immediately bought the system off of ebay so I could play them.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I would like to get a Turbografix some day. It had some pretty sweet games. I might be better off getting a PC engine though since it seems that it had more support in Japan that it ever did here.

Yes, I bought Gunvalkyrie for Xbox even though I hadn't owned one at the time. But it was because of a BOGO deal-- I got Dragon Warrior VII free :).

Just one. I had Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons even though I only had the original game boy and super game boy. I waited til the advance came out to play it.

I buy shit for systems I don't own all of the time. At a used place near here, I bought a NeoCD Game for 2.50. I'm a collector, not just a gamer.

I bought Wario Ware and Pokemon Ruby a couple of weeks before I got my GBA since they were complete and in great condition at GameRush when I traded in some games in some games for their "trade 2 games get one used game for $10" deal.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I buy shit for systems I don't own all of the time. At a used place near here, I bought a NeoCD Game for 2.50. I'm a collector, not just a gamer.[/QUOTE]

Same here, bought a Neo Geo CD game at a pawn shop, now I need the console.

Bought team buddies after I sold my ps1, and before I had saved up enough money for ps2.
Bought Mario Bros. NES for 10 cents at gamestop just to have it on cartridge.

I think I've only done this once. I bought Lumines because someone at the flea market was selling it for $15. I ended up trading it on here for something I wanted.

I ended up picking up a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta many years ago with .hack//INFECTION and .hack//MUTATION when EB had a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale. I didn't actually own an XBox until around a month ago, though, so it mostly sat around yet my brother found some use for it. I also bought Popful Mail the summer before last simply because it was going for $8 on eBay and, hey, Sega CD be damned I can still play it on the computer thanks to emulation.

I think I also picked up some random things here and there, mostly imported PS1 and PS2 games that I may not be able to play not but will be able to eventually. Nothing wrong with that!

Yeah, I started buying Xbox games cheap in preparation for getting an Xbox. I think I started buying games about a year or so before I actually ended up getting an Xbox. I didn't buy anything though unless it was supercheap. I think I bought my first at last years $5 CC sale and went from there. I probably got most of them from CC or TRU during their clearences.

At a garage sale a couple weeks back I picked up 2 Nintendo64 Games and an XBOX Racing Wheel for $2.00 yet I don't own an N64 (I do plan to pickup an N64 whenever I find a cheapass one at a Yard Sale).

i bought marvel vs. capcom for the dreamcast when i didn't have a dreamcast. now that i have one i lost that game. i also recently got nintendogs through the eb trade in deal. i'm going to get a ds soon, and i won't lost the game this time.

I bought a complete used copy of Fire Emblem for GBA after I traded in my DS to get a PSP. I have since purchased another DS, so it worked out alright.

I have bought a couple of PS2 games even thought i dont currently have one. I'll just wait till the PS3 comes out and play them on that.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Once I cought an AGP card for a PC that only had PCI slots.

I was in a hurry and didn't read the box.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is cut the connection to make it fit in a PCI slot. Duh.

*Someone find that link*

I own a copy of bust a groove but no PS2 or PSX. I liked the game so much I had to buy a copy and I'm glad I did because it's hard to find now.

I own a copy of nights with 3d controler but don't own a Saturn.

And I own a Hori Ninja Sword PS2 controller but don't own a PS2.

I own 22 Playstation 2 games, but not a Playstation 2 system. I bought the games for two reasons: some were on sale, so I got them cheap, and others were becoming hard to find, so I wanted to get them while they were still available. I've been buying PS2 games since earlier this year, and I plan on getting a PS2 in the next few months, so I was just planning ahead a little bit.

[quote name='Wander2045']I have bought a couple of PS2 games even thought i dont currently have one. I'll just wait till the PS3 comes out and play them on that.[/QUOTE]

Then you will be waiting a long time because it doesn't look like PS3 is coming out in the US until 2007.

I bought some PS2 games around a month after launch when EToys.com was going out of business and had games for $27 - $36 (when all other stores wanted $50). That was a month before I got my PS2 (thanks to EB and their lies which is a long story I don't feel like typing).

I got Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube about 5 days before the Gamecube launch (when I got the system)

3 PSP games from EB's trade in 3 get 1 free deal in the spring even though I just got a PSP on Sunday

Mad Dash Racing for XBox because it was on clearance at Target (later got an XBox)

Lots of import PS1 and PS2 games before I got my Japanese PS2 (spent months trying to get a good deal on one).

SSX and Super Monkey Ball for N-Gage which I'm still waiting on a deal to get the system.

Yeah. A couple months back when the PSP trade in deal was going on I picked up 2 games. They're gone now though.

I bought 3 PS2 games during their B2G1 a month before I bought my PS2.

I also have a number of GC games during various other sales, even though I don't own a GC. Luckily, my apt. mate lets me use his.

I have 12 DS games but I'm still looking for the right deal on the system.

I also have Sonic CD and Silpheed but no Sega CD.

Castlevania:SOTN for PS1 in 1999 borrowed a friends PS1 to play it but never bought a PS1.

Bought Castlevania:LOI for PS2 last year AND R-type FINAL this year...still have not purchased a PS2 :(

Planning on buying RE4 for PS2 even though I beat the cube version over the weekend. Hoping there will be a good sale for the PS2/Xbox on black friday or else Im gonna buy it at the price it is now.

Bought a Saturn game for a penny on clearance once, I always said I would buy the system someday but just never got around to it.

my cousin, in order to buy a N64 bought a few N64 games and guilted his mom by saying stuff like "I'll play it at my friend's house"

the sad thing is that it worked... spoiled punk

Yeah, I've done it a few times... sometimes you just know that if you ever are going to possibly buy that system, a cheap enough game is worth picking up... I was thinking about it with Guilty Gear X2 just recently at the TRU greentag sale and a few other Xbox fighters just assuming that I may get a cheap xbox eventually, or I'll get an Xbox 360, meaning I might still have some use for 2D fighters, esp. online ones...

bread's done
Back