anyone get Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana yet??

[quote name='Roufuss']Man, I'm 2:30 in and at Lake Forwel... and this game just seems boring.

I'm hoping it will pick up, but the story, while humorous, isn't doing anything for me. I usually give RPG's up to the five hour mark to really impress me, so I'm hoping this one starts picking up steam. It has alot of potential goodness but it is moving so slow.

Taking this from the Gamespy review:

I've yet to figure out how to do that, or even see the order of turns. It just seems like I attack, the enemy attacks, I attack.

I'm hoping a few more hours in will really unlock everything this game has to offer.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have four characters - you won't be able to change people in. Also - I have no clue how you would be able to get an extra turn in.

Also - what the heck's wrong with you!? Okay okay okay...Baten Kaitos...boring for 25 hours. Shadow hearts? Boring for 50 hours. Mario RPG and thousand year door? Boring for 25 hours.

Atelier Iris?

Hilarious for 50

An awesome RPG begins after the introduction of all the characters.

It's all starting to build and I REALLY enjoy the dialogue. Although - I can understand why people would be turned off by it. All jokes may bug people - but I think it says a lot about the characters. And then you have serious moments here and there when there is a need to be serious.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Semi-spoiler maybe

No clue how to get the mana that lets you use "life", it's pissing me off because I can't make better healing potions.[/QUOTE]

I'm not there yet. The only mana I have so far are...

Wood
Fire
Darkness
Water

But don't you have to find the actual mana-item to make better potions in the first place? Or are you talking about extracting the actual material to make the item?

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Unless you have four characters - you won't be able to change people in. Also - I have no clue how you would be able to get an extra turn in.

Also - what the heck's wrong with you!? Okay okay okay...Baten Kaitos...boring for 25 hours. Shadow hearts? Boring for 50 hours. Mario RPG and thousand year door? Boring for 25 hours.

Atelier Iris?

Hilarious for 50

An awesome RPG begins after the introduction of all the characters.

It's all starting to build and I REALLY enjoy the dialogue. Although - I can understand why people would be turned off by it. All jokes may bug people - but I think it says a lot about the characters. And then you have serious moments here and there when there is a need to be serious.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the jokes - I think the tutorial segments are the best part.

It's just that the actual story is moving it a snail's pace and the game is extremely easy, but I'm going to give it a few more hours since I heard it gets alot harder and better.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']I'm not there yet. The only mana I have so far are...

Wood
Fire
Darkness
Water

But don't you have to find the actual mana-item to make better potions in the first place? Or are you talking about extracting the actual material to make the item?[/QUOTE]

I have the item.. i just don't have a Mana who can let me use life to make it.

Oh, and Roufuss.. it gets much harder, trust me.

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't mind the jokes - I think the tutorial segments are the best part.

It's just that the actual story is moving it a snail's pace and the game is extremely easy, but I'm going to give it a few more hours since I heard it gets alot harder and better.[/QUOTE]

I love how delsus is so crude.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Game is defenetely challanging. One of the bosses just handed me my ass on a platter. Guess i gotta level up some more.. i'm about 10 hours in and the game is a lot more then I thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

I think I just got destroyed by the same boss you were talking about.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']A dragon? Or something after..

*Spoiler*

Land of mana?[/QUOTE]

Ok - SPOILER

I got to the wacked out wind mana and got my ass kicked once. Then - I got to the dragon and beat him on my first try but like...3 of my characters were dead and I didn't like that - beat him on the second try. I realize now that if you have a major boss with a bunch of his underlings, it's probably best to put the main guy to sleep and then work on the others.

Right now I am traveling to the Land of Mana. But I'm heading to vermont this weekend for a family reunion. Really wanted to play through this with everyone though.

bread's done
Back