Anyone have any good personal ghost stories?

My mother told me that when she was a child, her brother was killed when he crossed the road to get the mail by another car. A few days later, she was in bed and saw a pair of white legs at the foot of her bed. The next night, the legs were to the side. The next night it was on the other side. The fourth night, she looked around the room, and didn't see the legs. She then looked straight up in the air and saw them floating above her. Finally, on the fifth night, they were floating in the center of her. Over those five nights, the legs make a "cross" over her.

Oh man my roommate claims he got attacked by a ghost freshman year, I let him have holy hell for that with jokes. Then he claimed he was going to kill me... never did though, as it's 4 years later and all now.

Okay, I'll toss in a couple of stories I've been told over the years. I've never had anything happen to me, but people close to me have experienced such things.

My ex told me this story a while back. I'm not sure of the exact details, but pretty much everything I remember is accurate. Anyway, this girl had a few other stories about ghosts and such, ones where she'd been chased by dogs or seen people who weren't there, but this one's the best. One night, her Mother was asleep in her bed, just as tends to happen every night. Then, she's awoken by a loud noise in her room. She looks around quick, and she sees that the glass of water she had on her bureau had fallen onto the floor. It wasn't on the edge or anything, either. Now, the freaky part is that it was completely split in half, perfectly. It was plain glass, no markings on it or patterns, just plain ol' glass see-through glass. But, it was split perfectly down the center, from top to bottom, in two halves, and the water was naturally all over the floor. They had kept both halves safe in a cupboard since then, and my ex had actually showed them to me after the story, and it was totally legit. It looked like somebody had taken a laser of some sort and just split it down the center. No hope for pics though, unfortunately, since the girl seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Another story was told by my old best friend's parents one night. They haven't really experienced any phemonena outside of this incident, although his stepdad's brother claimed to have seen a ghost of a small kid in a baseball cap in their kitchen..but the guy's kind of off his rocker anyway, so nobody really believed him. Anyway, the details of this story are kind of fuzzy in my mind, since it's been a few years, and I lost touch with them a while back, so I can't go clear up the details. However, it's still pretty chilling in my own mind.

What had happened, was that my best friend's Mother was asleep in their bed (his parents' bed, that is) and she was having some strange nightmare. One of those hyper-detailed dreams where nothing makes sense, but it still feels very real and surreal at the same time. Anyway, details are fuzzy on exactly what was in the dream, but in it, she was riding in a limo down a street near their house. Somehow, she ended up holding a bag in the dream, so she looked in it, and there was a dead animal inside, a cat or a dog or something, I don't remember exactly what. So, she kind of freaked, and threw it out the window. That's really all I remember of it. So then, she woke up, and kind of stayed up for a while, kind of shaken, lying in bed trying to get back to sleep. Soon, her daughter came into their room, saying that she'd had a nightmare and wanted to sleep with them. She was very shaken by it. So, she got into their bed, and they were comforting her and such. Soon enough, she told them all about it, and in the dream, she was riding her bicycle down the same street that her Mother had dreamt she was riding down in the limo. Then, in the daughter's dream, a limo drove by her, with the window open, and a bag was tossed out the window. She made her way over to the bag, looked inside, and saw the dead animal inside of it. This woke her up, and she came into their room to sleep with them.

Funny thing is, I'm not sure if the Mother had even told her that she had a corresponding dream after that, just because she was so young and feared it might frighten her more. But yeah, excuse the lack of details, it's all this old head could remember. And for the record, I'm shivering a little bit while writing this, and it's not really cold in here. Just kind of creepy stories that make me a little nervous to be thinking about in such detail. Enjoy :p

When i was about 12, we were living in this one house that was kinda old in the city. I think it was early in the morning but not quite sure. I was sleeping and i woke up for some reason and I looked around my room which i was sharing with my step-brother at the time, and saw a figure standing in the closet. I could see the guy pretty good. He was wearing a rounded hat type, I forget what there called, and he looked like he was from around the 1930's or something like that. I rolled over and closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, which took me a little while to do. Ever since then I won't sleep with my closet door open.

Another time I was at my cousin's house and we were all talking down in his basement type thing, part of the house is underground. I was standind on the steps and I shook my head side to side a couple times and I saw a white figure go into my cousin's room. It kinda freaked me out for a couple minutes. No one believed me when I told them what I saw.

One time my mom saw a guy standing in the doorway to her room wearing a red bandanna and a red flannel shirt. She said he looked kinda old too.

I really don't freaking like this... I don't want to think of ghosts. Luckily the house I'm in has been in my family for it's entire duration; it was built by my great grandfather. The only person who I know that died here was my grandfather, and I'd love to be able to see him again. That being said, I pray I never see a ghost, as I'm a huge freaking scaredy-cat. Why the hell am I reading about ghost stories at 3 in the freaking morning?

I have another ghost story to add that I forgot about, and it is actually my very first encounter. I overlook it sometimes because it involved my mom more than anyone. When I was 5 my grandpa died of cancer when we lived in Pittsburgh. I was really close with him and it hurt me really bad. Anyways, my dad tried to take my mind off of it so he took my brother and I out fishing.

Meanwhile, my mom and my 7 month old sister were all alone in the house. My mom put my sister to sleep and started reading a book. While she was reading, a faint whistling sound distracted her. She got up and went to check on my sister, and everything was ok. She sat back down and continued to read. As she sat down the whistling sound grew louder. She got back up to check on my sister, but this time decided to search more of the house. While she was searching, the whistling sound grew even louder. By now she was afraid and she knew something was wrong. She grabbed my sister and sat outside in the car until we got home. My dad thought she was insane until he walked into the house and heard it too. He searched and searched, but the whistling sound was persistent. I was curious as to what it sounded like inside, so I walked inside the house. Right as I crossed the doorway into the house, the whistling stopped.

As I stated before, I went down to florida last week. I went on a ghost tour in St. Augustine, the country's oldest city. Using my spiffy, new Canon SD200 camera, I proceeded to take as many pictures as I could during the ghost tour.

The second-to-last stop during the tour was at the historic gates to the city. I believe the original wall burned down years ago, leaving only the stone gates. The tour guide told us that in the 1500s, there was a young girl named "Elizabeth" who would stand at the gates, waving to the ships arriving at the city. When they would dock, she would ask them "where are you from, what exotic goods did you bring?!" Yellow fever struck the small town, wiping out something like half of the town, including Elizabeth and her entire family. Today, on some nights around 2am or so, passing cars will see a young girl dressed in a nightgown, waving to the cars driving by. People will see this young girl, and call 9-1-1 for being concerned about a young girl by herself in the middle of the night on the streets. The St. Augustine police are used to these calls (the tour guide said they've had 8 calls like this so far). The police will park their car a block down, get out, and walk over to the gates. Sure enough, they see this little girl waving to the cars. As they walk closer to her, she vanishes.

After the story, the crowd began walking to main street to the next stop on the tour. I was last, so I stopped, and took this picture of the gates, then hurried to catch up with my wife. Two days ago, I downloaded the images to my computer. I found nothing remarkable with any of the pictures except this one. Try coping this picture to your desktop and open in MS Photo Editor. The left gate looked a bit odd to me. Either the stone wall is colored randomly producing a strange image, or there's something more. If you've adjusted the brightness & contrast, you'll see what looks to be a girl in a nightgown. I can make out her hair, shoulders, and even arms & hands. Look closely. Let me know what you think it is.

I emailed it to the tour company on Thursday, but haven't heard from them yet. I asked them to check out the gate to see if it really is just the coloring of the stones at night.

img_0191.jpg.w560h420.jpg

[quote name='E-Z-B']As I stated before, I went down to florida last week. I went on a ghost tour in St. Augustine, the country's oldest city. Using my spiffy, new Canon SD200 camera, I proceeded to take as many pictures as I could during the ghost tour.

The second-to-last stop during the tour was at the historic gates to the city. I believe the original wall burned down years ago, leaving only the stone gates. The tour guide told us that in the 1500s, there was a young girl named "Elizabeth" who would stand at the gates, waving to the ships arriving at the city. When they would dock, she would ask them "where are you from, what exotic goods did you bring?!" Yellow fever struck the small town, wiping out something like half of the town, including Elizabeth and her entire family. Today, on some nights around 2am or so, passing cars will see a young girl dressed in a nightgown, waving to the cars driving by. People will see this young girl, and call 9-1-1 for being concerned about a young girl by herself in the middle of the night on the streets. The St. Augustine police are used to these calls (the tour guide said they've had 8 calls like this so far). The police will park their car a block down, get out, and walk over to the gates. Sure enough, they see this little girl waving to the cars. As they walk closer to her, she vanishes.

After the story, the crowd began walking to main street to the next stop on the tour. I was last, so I stopped, and took this picture of the gates, then hurried to catch up with my wife. Two days ago, I downloaded the images to my computer. I found nothing remarkable with any of the pictures except this one. Try coping this picture to your desktop and open in MS Photo Editor. The left gate looked a bit odd to me. Either the stone wall is colored randomly producing a strange image, or there's something more. If you've adjusted the brightness & contrast, you'll see what looks to be a girl in a nightgown. I can make out her hair, shoulders, and even arms & hands. Look closely. Let me know what you think it is.

I emailed it to the tour company on Thursday, but haven't heard from them yet. I asked them to check out the gate to see if it really is just the coloring of the stones at night.
[/QUOTE]

There may be something there. For everyone's reference:

Brightness was at +23
Contrast was at +82

Actually, the one I'm looking at is a bit higher. The head is just above the top of the oval. Is bright/white, like a ghost, not so much the shadow:

img_0191_marked2.jpg.w560h420.jpg

[quote name='E-Z-B']Actually, the one I'm looking at is a bit higher. The head is just above the top of the oval. Is bright/white, like a ghost, not so much the shadow.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm looking at too. I can see it even without changing the brightness/contrast, though I don't believe it is a ghost.

Edited the above marked picture again.

It might not be a ghost, but you never know...

[quote name='camoor']Thanks Trakan

Guys - I'm pretty sure I see the ghost:

[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think I can too. It's just barely visible and looks half retarded in that stupid Barbara Striesand outfit.

The more I look at it, the more I see detail. I now just noticed her fingers.

Then again, as the saying goes, "You see what you want to see".

I've got a couple of ghost stories.

We used to live in a trailer next door to the house we live in now (well, I did before I moved away for college). On the other side of the trailer is where my grandmother, oldest brother, and my Mom's cousin lives. Anywho, we had our telephone service switched to our house after we moved, but every once in a while we'd hear the phone ringing in the trailer. Not just us, but Mom's cousin as well. So, we removed the phone AND the line leading to the trailer. The phone still rings occasionally though.

There's a road that runs above our house called 168 that is kinda like a valley. My brother (who is very laid back) used to work at Blockbuster and one night he came in from work white as a ghost (forgive the pun) and shaking. We asked what was wrong and he said he'd seen a pale white girl in a white robe that was glowing running in the woods in the same direction he was driving. The only thing is that he drove his Geo Metro like a Formula One car, so this "girl" was going 70 or so. He went straight to bed after that which was unusal. Even now, if the someone brings up the story in conversation, he avoids it and leaves the room.

There's a whole bunch more my dad could tell you about floating orange orbs and someone calling his name at night after my brother was born and so on and so on.

Got a new ghost story for you. My uncle years ago used to live in this old house. He used to go down in the middle of the night to get a drink every now and then. One time, as he left the kitchen and started to head back upstairs, he heard a noise in the kitchen. When he went back downstairs, all the chairs were stacked on top of the table.

The other story with this uncle was that when he would drive, he would occassionally see someone sitting in the backseat of his car. All he could say was "well, would you like to know where we're going today??"

I also have a cousin who bought a house a couple years ago. He rented out a room to a friend, and his friend hung up an old confederate flag somewhere in the house (don't ask :roll:). Shortly after that, strange stuff would happen, like both, my cousin and his roommate, would watch an ashtray on the coffee table move around. There was also something else that was more freaky, but it seems to have slipped my mind. But when they took down the flag, the weird stuff stopped.

[quote name='E-Z-B']As I stated before, I went down to florida last week. I went on a ghost tour in St. Augustine, the country's oldest city. Using my spiffy, new Canon SD200 camera, I proceeded to take as many pictures as I could during the ghost tour.

img_0191.jpg.w560h420.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is freaky...I can see her!

This is my little story. When I was around 4 or 5 I heard a deep voice calling my name "STttteeevvveennnn" and I thought it was my dad for some reason and I looked around and no one was there then I fell off my bed and hit my head on my dresser.

I got one!

True story! This happen like a year ago, and its give me the goosebumps jus talking about it.

I live about 5 mins away from a cementary. This cementary is broken into 2 parts, while the middle of it is a highway street. At night, its hella quiet, while in the daytime, its a busy street. Since there no cops to patrol it at night, you see a lot of cars speeding through it. Enough of that, I remember my dad just got back home, hella pissed because he just got pull over and given a ticket for speeding. A cop on a bike pull him over. It happen around 2 am. He kept BS over & over and telling us he wasn't speeding a all, blah blah, and told us that he's going to fight it in court. I told my dad just suck it up, and paid the fine because there no way you're going to win. So, I went with my dad to pay the ticket. When we showed them the ticket, they told us, there no record for a speed ticket. She then told us, the police officer died like 3 years ago and this wasn't the 1st time that someone was given a ticket.

Crazy!

I've got one. Up a few miles from Fort Collins in the Rockies, there's a Buddhist temple, the Stupa. My dad's gone there on-and-off for a few years, but on mine and my sister's second trip up, there were some wierd happenstances.

So, on the way up, I stop off the side of the road to have a piss. Not on anything, just down an embankment of sorts. After, I find this.. weird pendant on the ground, and I just picked it up and put it in my pocket. When we were in the main prayer-room-place, my dad said they let you take these glass 'pmegranate seeds' home with you, so we got three, one each. After, we started down the two-mile hike to the car. It was pretty icey, and there was snow of the ground. Anyway, about halfway down, I hear some rustling off to the left, and I look over, and there's this.. thing.. just standing, looking at us. I notify my dad and sister, and they see it too- It looked like, get this- A fucking SNOW monkey. Like, a white monkey with a black face. And it stared at us for, like, 30 seconds before it ran off. As all three of us turn around, we slip and fall, flat on our arses, like something swiped the legs out from under us. Oi. So we get up, and start again. Except every few minutes, one of us falls. Even on the dirt. We get back the the car, and it barely starts. On the way back, my sister pukes up her entire lunch. The worst part, days afterwards, I contracted a bad case of flu, followed by my dad, who had it terribly (I'm convinced he almost died), and then my sister had the same thing.

... We threw out our souveniers from the Stupa. Nothing quite like that has happened since.

Here another one, w/ proof.

I want you to know that I live in a ghetto neighborhood, so i got an alarmed. I got this alarm at this shop near my home. I found out later that day, that the alarm sensitivity setting was to high because the alarm always goes off when cars passes by. So i decided to park it on the alley for that one night and take it to back to the shop tomorrow morning. I put the alarm on, and went home. After dinner, the alarm goes off, so I thought it was a probably a cat that trigger the alarm. An hour later, it goes off again, 10 min later, it goes off again. So I said fuck it, and turn the alarm off and turn it on when i go to sleep. The time was like 12:50, and suddenly, the car alarm went off, I was like wtf, because i don' remember turning the alarm back on. It spook me out. Why not, so i took my digital camera and took a picture of my car. Transfer it to my pc, and check this out. At first, I thought there something wrong with my camera, but this shadow does look like a figure.

oh yeah, another thing, if you drive through this alley, it will lead you to a cementary up ahead.

DSCN5528.JPG

[quote name='postaboy']Here another one, w/ proof.

I want you to know that I live in a ghetto neighborhood, so i got an alarmed. I got this alarm at this shop near my home. I found out later that day, that the alarm sensitivity setting was to high because the alarm always goes off when cars passes by. So i decided to park it on the alley for that one night and take it to back to the shop tomorrow morning. I put the alarm on, and went home. After dinner, the alarm goes off, so I thought it was a probably a cat that trigger the alarm. An hour later, it goes off again, 10 min later, it goes off again. So I said fuck it, and turn the alarm off and turn it on when i go to sleep. The time was like 12:50, and suddenly, the car alarm went off, I was like wtf, because i don' remember turning the alarm back on. It spook me out. Why not, so i took my digital camera and took a picture of my car. Transfer it to my pc, and check this out. At first, I thought there something wrong with my camera, but this shadow does look like a figure.

oh yeah, another thing, if you drive through this alley, it will lead you to a cementary up ahead.

DSCN5528.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Nigger ghost stole my car! ;)

Well people do seem to ,,"believe",, something if there is "so called proof". Not saying spirits or ghosts dont exist, but sometimes things look like what you want to see. Im not saying I want to see the ghost of my great-great-someone, but you might expect to see a ghost so you might look out something, or somesound that could resemble one. Things might have reputations for being creepy but are really not. Like graveyards are creepy because people that are dead live there. That doesn't mean if you spent the night there a ghost would suddently pop up.

Even if one did you should probally find out if it can speak or not. I mean there ghosts they cant hurt you. Right?????

I agree that some have a familial disposition to this type of stuff. My mom's family is like that, at least as far back as my great-grandmother. We've had really weird things happen in our family after people pass all the time. Personally, I'm really good at knowing people's names, even if I've never met them. I also can sense when someone is sick with a serious illness, it just radiates off them to me. There are some houses I can't go into because they feel like they're closing in on me, stuff like that.

When I was little, my godmother moved into her husband's house, and it was a creepy one. Looked okay from the outside, but there was something WRONG with this house. Her husband started to really be mean a lot, and she heard really weird noises when alone. I would constantly see an old woman walking in her upstairs hallway, and I would feel a huge sense of relief when I left there. They think one of the ghosts started a fire in her daughter's room. A lamp, ten feet away suddenly had the shade off and was laying in the middle of the kid's bed, turned on, and it started a fire. No one had been home for ten hours at least. Generally, ghosts are okay, but this was a downright evil spirit.

Also, I can sometimes hear my kids talking in their sleep. I know they're sleeping because of the tone of their voices. They talk to my mom a lot, and she died when my oldest was three months old. My son at four even talks about how his grandma came to see him, tells me what they talked about, which I used to chalk up to just kid imagination. Then he lets out that "Grandma brought her sister, Annie, and we talked too." My aunt Anne whom I rarely mention because I wasn't very close to her at all died before my kids were born, so now I believe him and I listen to what they talk about.

Ive only experienced these things in saudi but never here in tx. A couple times I would see black shadow fly across my ceiling, with heavy curtains closed so it couldnt be a car shadow. and for a about a week when i try to sleep there would be scratching on the side of my bed, you might not believe but when I would say quran aloud it would stop. my little sister came crying one day when she was like 9 saying she saw fingers coming out of mouth in the mirror while she was brushing her teeth.
but the most stories are from the empty dessert. over there they believe in 'jinns' not ghosts that are people from the past. There are alot of bedouins that play some crazy drums in the dessert, where they purposely call jinns to dance with them. I went to one once, when the drums and singing started to get loud, about 5 of the guys would start shaking and screaming, others would have to hold him down to keep from punching(very crowded tent). The guy that took me there would casually explain that a jinn is entering him, and then they would get up and dance. One of the guys was covering his head in a lady veil fashion while dancing and they said that was a lady jinn that entered him. He said last time it got so crazy that the dancers were jumping like 10 feet to the top of the tent.
and most of my 50 or so cousins have experience some form, from seeing tall shadows in the dessert, to my aunt getting scratch marks on her chest the morning after her husband saw three jinns enter the camp when he was hammering too loud (possibly disturbing them).
all the explanations of them that ive heard match that they have vertical lines for eyes. but then alot of westerners have experiences of figures that look exaactly like people from the past. so I think either its jiins imitating dead people, or maybe unrested human spirits like most u believe. One common thing is that dogs/cats can see or sense these things more than us.

There's only a time when I have some real seeing of a ghost. I was around 5 years old and it was a little after my grandfather had died. I was over at a friends house and for some reason, we'd lost a little plastic lizard of his. We were looking all over his house and couldn't find it. Then I looked behind the couch and right as I put my head over, I saw the lizard as if it'd been dropped. I know what you're thinking, probably someone threw it over my head right as I looked over, but I'd've noticed it.

There's other times when I've just felt like I didn't want to do something, or be someplace, or just had the wrong feeling about someone else doing something.

I usually have premonitions more than seeing ghosts though. Two of my friends were going to go to San Francisco and were super excited. About two days before they were going to go, I had a dream and all I could really make sense of the dream was I was looking up at a skyscraper that had fire coming out of it and talked to a person right next time me and they said "Shame they died in the Trans-Am building." I was confused for a bit after I woke up, but I checked on google and found out that there was a Trans-American Building in San Francisco. To say the least I was freaked and swore my friends not to go there on their tour.

[quote name='postaboy']Here another one, w/ proof.

DSCN5528.JPG
[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty sweet car.

Anyway, all my "ghost stories" are pretty weak.

An early one is that one night my brother and I were in a pathway behind our house, it was full of tall grasses, andI was climbing up small step and he was next to me and a dried stem of a plant flew from beind us, between our heads and stuck in the ground in frot of us. It was twilight and we watched it happened. Can't say exactly what it was, but it was strange and alarming.

Once I was sleeping and awoke to a well-defined figure standing at the foot of my bed standing in front of and touching a calendar I had on my wall. His clothes were messed up and his skin was old and blue, he looked obviously dead.

As I was walking out the front door one night, I turned around and saw a black man-shaped figure run through the hallway. He moved really quickly, but I was almost certain I saw something.

This might be some kind of medical/physical thing, but a few times in my life I have woken up and been staring off, unable to move and with a loud ringing in my ears. And I'll just be staring forward, trying to move but being unable to for about a minute with that loud ringing. Once, I heard a voice talking to me, saying "You may think you know what you're doing, but you..." when it trailed off. Like I said, I could've been half awake half dreaming, but those always shake me up a little.

My mom, though, has had out of body exeriences, tons of premonitions (she dreamed the comet Tempel-Tuttle crashing into Jupiter a few days before it happened), seen ghosts of people she doesn't know but later meets, had dreams of dead people/people dying, and much more. Once saw a ghost walk up to her bed, point to her or something like that, and when she tried to wake up my dad a bolt of static electricity went from her hand to my dad, and from what she says it was about two or three inches long, which is longer than most bolts of static electricity.

Only thing weird for me is over a period of a few years every once in a while out of the corner of my eye id see a cat just walk by. Hasnt happened in a while though.

I have never seen a ghost or felt one's presence but I knew people in college who claimed to be able to sense them. One time a group of us were walking through a park when a couple "sensitive" people in our group yelped at the same time and said they sensed an evil presence coming towards us. They were so upset they wanted to get out of the park as soon as possible. I admit it was kind of weird that they both reacted at the same time but I saw and felt nothing.
Another time, while I was living in my fraternity house, some of these same sensitive people were discussing the spirits in the house and why they would never go in certain rooms. At my urging (I am a skeptic but I find the topic fascinating), we tried to commune with the spirits using a ouija board. We asked the spirits if they had a message for anyone in the room and they said "yes". When we asked who it was for, it started spelling out what seemed to be my name. The sensitive people freaked out and ran out of the room. I never did find out what the message was.

Back when I was around 8 years old, my family bought a trailer and moved into it. My brothers and I had bedrooms on one end and my parents room was on the other end. After we lived in it for almost a year we started hearing some strange noises. Every night we would hear footsteps that walked around close to 2am. The footsteps would start at my parents room go down the hall to the kitchen (the floor squeaked) and continue through the living room and then down the hall to our bedroom doors and stop for a min. If our doors were closed they would open up. After our doors were open and a min or so passed, the footsteps would turn back around and go back down the hall through the living room to the kitchen and stop at the kitchen table.

This would happen EVERY NIGHT after it had started. The first night it happend my Mom got out of bed when she heard the kitchen floor squeak thinking we had got out of bed. She walked into the living room and had started telling us to get back to bed (but we were in bed) and while she was in the living room the footsteps go past her and into the kitchen.

We did some checking and found out that something had happened in it before. There was a woman murdered in it. Her husband killed her and After she had been stabbed she walked to her kids rooms and then back to the kitchen where she died.

I know it freaked me out every night, I learned to sleep facing the wall lol. Hey I was only 8.

My only personal ghost story is pretty weak and laughable:

When I was around 4 or 5 I woke up during the middle of the night and heard 2 voices speaking to me, one was male, one was female. They both said "Don't eat pizza." I tried to scream but I couldn't. I can't remember if I told my parents or not, but even at that age I knew I shouldn't even bother. I am convinced that one day I will die from choking on pizza or something.

The house I grew up in is only 2 houses away from where I live now. When my parents divorced, my mom and I moved to a nice apartment about a block away, while my dad kept the house. My dad moved out of the house and when my mom finally had the funds and desire to buy a house, we moved back onto our old street. The previous owner was a very cantankerous old woman who would yell at me when I played too close to her house; she always scared me. She did not die in the house, but before she was taken to her eventual deathbed in the hospital, she stated to my neighbor in a very chilling manner "I won't be gone forever." I fully expect to see her ghost sometime or another (although I've lived in this house around 5 years now and haven't seen anything yet).

In our vermont home there's a wooden box next to the fireplace in the living room. The knots make a very strange design, that of a menacing undead horse head (neck and head actually) that looks like its charging and throwing its head to the left. I was always afraid of that thing as a kid, and it still kind of creeps me out a bit if I see it at night (room is full of windows so there's an obvious different appearance to the room at night). No one else sees that design in the wood (they see the knots but they don't look like a horse head to them), it just looks like any other wooden box to everyone else.

Not a ghost story, but as a kid I kept thinking about some undead horse charging into the room.

[quote name='Rig']I'm headed home this weekend (for Easter). I will try to find them.[/quote]

Ever get them?

Bump and

When my cousin was sick and in the hospital, my dad had a dream about talking to him or something and then that night my cousin died. When my aunt had cancer and wasn't doing very well, my dad had a dream that he talked to her and then she died the next day. Both were on my mom's side of the family btw.

When I was young I woke up in the middle of the night and some white person/figure was like looking at me with the door a little open. It had the door open just a bit to stick it's head through and see me. I asked my parents if either of them had checked up on me during the night and they both said no.

I live in the suburbs and there are some woods in the back of my friends neghborhood, so we decided to go check it out. We were back there messing around a bit and one of my other friends just sorta got really serious and sorta seemed scared. BTW he is not scared of anything in real life. He has a pet alligator, and whenever we go anywhere in the night outside I'm always by him freaking out and he's like "Seriously, nothing will happen" The only thing that scares him are movies and games I swear. But for some reason, when we got back he said he saw something on this tree that looked like something...He couldn't really explain it but he looked scared shitless and wouldn't go back.

Then today when I was about to post this, Firefox screwed up and it said there was a problem so maybe some ghost doesn't want me posting >_> Good thing I constantly copy this post ^_^

There are no such things as ghosts. If you believe there are and/or you believe you have encountered one, you're an idiot.

This isn't as much a ghost story as rather a 6th sense experience. I had a friend back in the day and it's been a while since I've talked to her but the story goes like this. I maybe hadn't talked to her from a day to a week or more and was terribly worried about since one day I just felt this immense feeling of sadness and figured it was her. Come to find out when I talked to her her friend had died.
Evan are you going to tell us it's the same explanation the skeptics give for Alien Abduction when people say they can't move their body? That reason sounds just as absurd as the official explanation from the person.
edit: One of the most common experiences I get is Deja Vu but it's like worthless Deja Vu, think Christopher Walken in that SNL skit.

[quote name='postaboy']
DSCN5528.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Um little buddy thats your shadow look at it it goes from your feet onto the car and to the wall and their is a light behind you. Its your own shadow so you saw nothing.

Shortly after my grandmother died I remember laying in bed being half asleep and feeling pressure on top of me, like something was pushing down on me...perhaps a hug or massage from my deceased grandmother. It was hard to explain and I try to forget it ever happened since I dont believe in much of anything.

[quote name='Graystone']Um little buddy thats your shadow look at it it goes from your feet onto the car and to the wall and their is a light behind you. Its your own shadow so you saw nothing.[/quote]
Actually, you're wrong. His shadow is indeed on the wall, but you can tell by the angle and difusion that the dark shadow did not take the picture. The farther from the surface its cast upon, the fuzzier the shadow is. So the shadow of the person that took the picture is on the right (blue). This is fairly simple to see because of the angle and the difusion of the shadow.

However, that still doesn't make the "ghost" a ghost (yellow). As you can tell from the dark and sharp lines of the shadow, the source is very close- almost directly on top of the wall. You can also see in the original isn't round like a head would be - 0 - but a bit more like 2 heads on top of eachother - (0 . Upping the contrast and brightness reveals something odd about thist ghastly shadow; it has a neck! If you direct your attention to the orange bracket, you can see the curvature and pigmentation of a human -living- neck. Futher more, if you look more to the area of the face, you can see the hairline. I didn't outline that so it could not be claimed that I drew it in.

So, someone took a picture of their friend kissing the wall with a shitty camera and tried to pass it off as a ghost.

:cool:

bread's done
Back