Anyone have any good personal ghost stories?

Well, I have a story like this, but it involves demons, not ghosts.

About 5 years ago, I had a girlfriend that I thought was the one for me. I loved her very much, and thought that love was reciprocated. She left town for a few weeks to be with family, and during this time I found that she slept with anything that moved. So, I was distraught. She swore she was faithful, but her own family members swore she was not. And, my heart began to tell me the truth of the matter too.

So, understandably, I got terribly depressed. I was crying like a girl, not sleeping well, just generally upset. It was that depression that actually feels heavy, like a weight on your soul. This lasted for three days. On the night of the third day, I was lying in bed, crying and feeling depressed, when I saw something at the foot of the bed. It was a little hairy creature, almost comical looking. It was pointing at me and laughing, and I could not understand why. For some reason, I was unafraid of this thing. Then I look to my left, and standing there beside the bed was this tall dark figure, featureless and menacing. It laid over on top of me, face to face, body to body, and it's weight began to push down on me. It felt like I was being smothered.

Now I'm going to pause for a moment here. I'm one of those crazy Jesus freaks, and I believe that the Bible teaches that demons have to obey me, because Jesus defeated them and gave that authority to all believers. Back to the story....

So I'm lying there, being smothered by what I knew to be a demon, while the little one laughs at me. Righteous anger rose up in me, and I commanded them both to leave. Not loudly, but firmly. Immediately they left, and the depression went with them. I was fine from that day forward.

Believe what you will about that story. It's weird, I know.

[quote name='the ender']Well, I have a story like this, but it involves demons, not ghosts.

About 5 years ago, I had a girlfriend that I thought was the one for me. I loved her very much, and thought that love was reciprocated. She left town for a few weeks to be with family, and during this time I found that she slept with anything that moved. So, I was distraught. She swore she was faithful, but her own family members swore she was not. And, my heart began to tell me the truth of the matter too.

So, understandably, I got terribly depressed. I was crying like a girl, not sleeping well, just generally upset. It was that depression that actually feels heavy, like a weight on your soul. This lasted for three days. On the night of the third day, I was lying in bed, crying and feeling depressed, when I saw something at the foot of the bed. It was a little hairy creature, almost comical looking. It was pointing at me and laughing, and I could not understand why. For some reason, I was unafraid of this thing. Then I look to my left, and standing there beside the bed was this tall dark figure, featureless and menacing. It laid over on top of me, face to face, body to body, and it's weight began to push down on me. It felt like I was being smothered.

Now I'm going to pause for a moment here. I'm one of those crazy Jesus freaks, and I believe that the Bible teaches that demons have to obey me, because Jesus defeated them and gave that authority to all believers. Back to the story....

So I'm lying there, being smothered by what I knew to be a demon, while the little one laughs at me. Righteous anger rose up in me, and I commanded them both to leave. Not loudly, but firmly. Immediately they left, and the depression went with them. I was fine from that day forward.

Believe what you will about that story. It's weird, I know.[/quote]

Attempted rape?

[quote name='2poor']Attempted rape?[/quote]

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the Internet, so I can't tell if you are joking or not, but no, it was not sexual in nature at all. It was clearly a spirit of depression and opression that had been hounding me for three days.

I got 2.

Religious: When I was 2 or 3 years old, I was really sick, I pretty much threw up anything I ate and had really bad diarhea. I couldnt keep anything down and my mom took me to the hospital multiple times, doctors were baffled and anything they tried didnt work, they pretty much said I was a gonner. My mom went to church and prayed to God to touch me with his holly hands and cure me. A couple days later I was getting better, my dad was holding me up in his arms and said he was tired and he was going to put me back in my crib, at that point I said that I didnt want to because Jesus would reach down and touch me again (I had a catholic cross on the wall on top of my crib), my mom was nearby and she freaked out. She said she had prayed silently in church, and never told anyone what she had said.

Weird: When I was 6years old, I was really mad at my mom and dad, got into a fight with them ran into my room closed the door (it was night). I was crying in bed and I felt someone sit down next to me, I thought it was my mom or dad trying to consol me. I turned around and no one was there, I freaked out and ran outside the room. Never saw anything but definatley felt the weight of someone sitting down next to me.

Ok I got a good one...

Ok so one night I'm sitting and drinking my 7th frappacino and I look at the clock and see its 4am, so I decide to go to sleep since I cant sleep once the sun comes up. I go lay in the bed all wired from the caffeine and then I see red lights through my window curtains (we live right on a busy street and my room is in the basement and faces the street), anyways, being the genius I am I decide to hop on my bookshelf thats right under the window so I can see through...I see one of our cars backing up towards it and then braking...right then my bookshelf breaks and my leg is bleeding a little...I look again and the car is where it was to begin with...oh yeah, after that I heard footsteps upstairs too so I rush up there with my baseball bat and its just my dad going to the bathroom....awkward...

You fool, it could be a ghost pretending to be your father. You should have performed the ghost test! Hit him with the baseball bat. If you strike nothing corpreal, then you have a spooky spectre. However, if you strike solid flesh, you will be releaved to know you are ghost free. Your father will also be impressed with your decisiveness.

[quote name='the ender']Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the Internet, so I can't tell if you are joking or not, but no, it was not sexual in nature at all. It was clearly a spirit of depression and opression that had been hounding me for three days.[/QUOTE]

So what happened? Did you dump her?

Wow missed this thread before quite creepy and a fitting haloween read. I dunno why but when ever i read or hear genuine type ghost stories my eyes start tearing up uncontrollably. I wonder if I have repressed memories or something

bread's done
Back