Anyone know how to get OXM Back Issue Demo Discs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvOfJet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Anyone know a better way of getting back issue OXM demo disc ? The magazine itself seems to want you to send in funds by mail in order to order back issues, but then says they may not be in stock. I really do not feel like sending them money for something they might not even have.

I would like to get ahold of the demo discs starting from when they included x360 demos and contents on the discs. If anyone has a better idea of where I might order them from it would be a huge help.

I've picked up about a dozen of the older discs from CAG, so it's a good place to look for them. Now that the 360's been out, there seems to be less CAGs trading/selling them.

If anyone here has some for sale at reasonable prices please let me know. Additionally, if anyone would be willing to let me borrow a group of the 360 demo disc long enough for me to get the gamerpics etc. off the disc, I would be happy to pay the shipping both ways.

Hey, it never hurts to ask.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']If anyone here has some for sale at reasonable prices please let me know. Additionally, if anyone would be willing to let me borrow a group of the 360 demo disc long enough for me to get the gamerpics etc. off the disc, I would be happy to pay the shipping both ways.

Hey, it never hurts to ask.[/QUOTE]

I think I have about the last 20 or so I'd be willing to sell. I'll look when I get home and see how many are there and give you a figure if you're interested.

[quote name='psychobrawler']I think I have about the last 20 or so I'd be willing to sell. I'll look when I get home and see how many are there and give you a figure if you're interested.[/quote]

Sure just let me know :)

I also have a large stack that I'm not using. Besides the one with free GRAW Chapter 2 content, I have no need for them.

I've been a subscriber for the past 3 years if anyone is interested in buying those discs and/or magazines. PM me if interested.

I just thought of an idea and was wondering if anyone would be interested.

How about starting a CAG OXM Disc trade chain? With OXM offering extra content such as free DLC and exclusive gamerpics, I know some people would like to have the content without actually subscribing to the magazine.

We could have a CAG with the OXM disc ship it to one person for the cost of shipping + maybe $2-3/person and then that person ship it to the next person for the cost of shipping and just keeping shipping it to the next CAG until there is no more desire for it and the last person with the disc can ship it back to the owner.

For example:

Person A has a particular OXM disc. There are 5 people who want to "borrow" the disc and just download the content off it. Let's call them B, C, D, E, and F. By using a chain, each person can get the disc faster (see example 1) without the hassle of one person having to ship the disc to the sender and the sender having to ship it out to the next person (see example 2).

Example 1: A --> B --> C --> D --> E --> F --> A.
Example 2: A --> B --> A --> C --> A --> D --> A --> E --> A --> F --> A.

Now I know we would have to work out the details, such as money exchanges and privacy amongst users, but first we need to figure out if anyone would be interested in this.

Post here with your opinion/ideas or PM me.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I just thought of an idea and was wondering if anyone would be interested.

How about starting a CAG OXM Disc trade chain? With OXM offering extra content such as free DLC and exclusive gamerpics, I know some people would like to have the content without actually subscribing to the magazine.

We could have a CAG with the OXM disc ship it to one person for the cost of shipping + maybe $2-3/person and then that person ship it to the next person for the cost of shipping and just keeping shipping it to the next CAG until there is no more desire for it and the last person with the disc can ship it back to the owner.

For example:

Person A has a particular OXM disc. There are 5 people who want to "borrow" the disc and just download the content off it. Let's call them B, C, D, E, and F. By using a chain, each person can get the disc faster (see example 1) without the hassle of one person having to ship the disc to the sender and the sender having to ship it out to the next person (see example 2).

Example 1: A --> B --> C --> D --> E --> F --> A.
Example 2: A --> B --> A --> C --> A --> D --> A --> E --> A --> F --> A.

Now I know we would have to work out the details, such as money exchanges and privacy amongst users, but first we need to figure out if anyone would be interested in this.

Post here with your opinion/ideas or PM me.[/QUOTE]
Better idea: ship it for free with the confidence that the person will ship it to the next person down the list ASAP.

If the next person on the list doesn't get it, bad feedback is the punishment, and he's removed from the list.

If I had some demo disks, I'd start a chain, but I don't. Someone with good feedback who can do this should start a chain up.

Shipping costs are negligable with something like this.

I'd be interested in this if it was started, i have no demo disc to contribute as a starting point though.

I think for safety sake would be best to exclude those with no feedback as of yet. else disc may just show up MIA

Issue 56 - Driver Parallel Lines
- includes exclusive Condemned theme and locked GRAW gamerpics

Issue 57 - Hitman: Blood Money
- includes exclusive Crackdown gamerpics

Issue 58 - The Outfit
- includes locked Tomb Raider Legend gamerpics

Issue 59 - Tomb Raider Legend
- includes locked Hitman gamerpics

Issue 61 - Saint's Row
- includes locked Saint's Row gamerpics

Issue 62 - F.E.A.R.
- includes locked Dead Rising gamerpics

Issue 63 - Dead Rising
- includes locked THP8 gamerpics

Issue 64 - Rainbow 6: Vegas
- includes locked Splinter Cell gamerpics

Issue 67 - Elder Scrolls Oblivion
- includes Oblivion "Thieves Den" and "Wizard's Tower" content

Issue 68 - Live Arcade
- includes locked Lost Planet gamerpics

Issue 69 - GRAW2
- includes GRAW Chapter 2 content and exclusive GRAW2 gamerpics

Issue 70 - Def Jam: Icon
- includes locked Guitar Hero II and Turok gamerpics

Edit - That should be all of the content disks. If I missed anything, I apologize.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Better idea: ship it for free with the confidence that the person will ship it to the next person down the list ASAP.

If the next person on the list doesn't get it, bad feedback is the punishment, and he's removed from the list.

If I had some demo disks, I'd start a chain, but I don't. Someone with good feedback who can do this should start a chain up.

Shipping costs are negligable with something like this.[/QUOTE]

You make good points. And the other suggestion that anyone involved must have positive feedback. The only problem I see is what if someone steals the disc. Sure, we can give negative feedback, but that leaves the disc owner SOL, which would suck, but I guess that's the risk they took with the chain.

I have the 360 content demo discs, but am unsure if I'd want to take the risk since I'm kind of paranoid. :whistle2:?

Just kind of threw the suggestion out there in case it'd generate some interest.

[quote name='Cleaner7']You make good points. And the other suggestion that anyone involved must have positive feedback. The only problem I see is what if someone steals the disc. Sure, we can give negative feedback, but that leaves the disc owner SOL, which would suck, but I guess that's the risk they took with the chain.

I have the 360 content demo discs, but am unsure if I'd want to take the risk since I'm kind of paranoid. :whistle2:?

Just kind of threw the suggestion out there in case it'd generate some interest.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, even if people didn't "steal" them, I still don't trust everyone to be responsible and actually get around to mailing them to the next person on this list.

Plus most of the disk's contents barely make it worth the shipping.

The Oblivion disk is $3 worth of content, or so. The GRAW Chapter 2 disk is really the only one worth it, if you still play GRAW.

I think the best option for everyone is subscribing if they want the content. Hey, you get to keep the demos and not have to delete them off your HD, and you get a decent magazine.

if u guys wanna trade and then trade back discs to get content. that would be cool.
i have discs #56,58-59 and 70
ill swap for anything cept the oblivion content.

the only one i'm really interested in is the oblivion content if anyone wants to sell or
willing to let me borrow and ship back.

I am looking for Xbox Magazine disc 67 with the sleeve. I would like to buy it for a few bucks or I would trade one of my Xbox Live arcade game codes for it. I have Joust, Robotron, Contra, or Geometry Wars.

i have been looking for Official Xbox Magazine Demo Disc 99 and i cant seem to find it anywhere!
if somebody would be willing to trade or borrow over mail, i really want that left 4 dead content more than ever since the new DLC "The Sacrifice" just came out anybody willing to trade off or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back