Anyone see Saw III yet?

Saw the midnight showing last night and I wasn't very impressed. I think about 20 minutes (probably an exaggeration) of the film was flashbacks that you saw if you saw Saw or Saw II. Then there were the side-story flashbacks, where stuff you assumed happened was played out right there for you for the people who can't think for themselves.

New characters that I personally didn't care about, old characters that I could have cared even less about, and maybe i'm just getting used to the deaths, but they didn't grip me as much as they did in the first two. Plus, the Saw II "music video" style of editing is back, hooraY!~ :roll:

The film was alright, but definately not the best in the series.

I'll be going to see it at 7:00. I can't wait!

But I already know that the SAW theme song isn't going to be in it and I'm kinda dissapointed. I was unhappy that it wasn't in the second movie and I was really hoping that it would be in this one. But, unfortunetly, I just heard that song in a TV commercial for random movie, so apparently, it's no longer the official SAW theme anymore. That really sucks, that was an awesome song.

[quote name='notoriousrcn']Saw the midnight showing last night and I wasn't very impressed. I think about 20 minutes (probably an exaggeration) of the film was flashbacks that you saw if you saw Saw or Saw II. Then there were the side-story flashbacks, where stuff you assumed happened was played out right there for you for the people who can't think for themselves.

New characters that I personally didn't care about, old characters that I could have cared even less about, and maybe i'm just getting used to the deaths, but they didn't grip me as much as they did in the first two. Plus, the Saw II "music video" style of editing is back, hooraY!~ :roll:

The film was alright, but definitely not the best in the series.[/QUOTE]

IMO nothing can beat the 1st one. I like the saw series a lot, but the ending on the 2nd one was disappointing. They need to slow down on making them. yes they make lots of money. But rushing them and releasing one every year is ruining the integrity of the product.

From the Synopsis

One night, after finishing a shift at her hospital, Lynn is kidnapped and taken to an abandoned warehouse where she meets Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), bedridden and on the verge of death. She is told that she must keep the madman alive for as long as it takes Jeff (Angus Macfayden), another of his victims, to complete a game of his own. Racing against the ticking clock of Jigsaw's own heartbeat, Lynn and Jeff struggle to make it through each of their vicious tests, unaware that he has a much bigger plan for both of them…

That seems kinda dumb. Its like well we want a new jigsaw but the fans wouldn't like that. So he's dying in this one, and he'll be find in the next one.

This one was the sickest out of all 3. I almost threw up my popcorn and had to look away during the surgey

bad thing is some stuff happens so quickly you dont know what happens.

I would say this one is 10x better then part 2 . ALSO the one nice thing is it closes up all the loose ends of the first 2

wonder if they can pull a 4th one out

If you like SAW see ARE YOU SCARED

[quote name='slidecage']If you like SAW see ARE YOU SCARED[/quote]

There were a couple good bits to that the two drill thing, and the guy that was scared of the dark with the shotguns., nice.. I can't believe though that there are now "movie knock-offs" that blatant, but oh well...

ok i went to see it earlier than i was planning.

I loved it!

better than 2, still not as good as 1.

the twist was excellent, and i really didnt see it coming even tho i was expecting something to happen.

the wife loved it too.

beware, VERY GORY

[quote name='cthcky33']ok i went to see it earlier than i was planning.

I loved it!

better than 2, still not as good as 1.

the twist was excellent, and i really didnt see it coming even tho i was expecting something to happen.

the wife loved it too.

beware, VERY GORY[/QUOTE]

been nice if they gave more info on Jigsaw flashback i wonder who that women was--- maybbe it be told in part 4

im sort of shocked there is a HOSTEL 2 coming soon. Didnt part 1 flop

[quote name='slidecage']been nice if they gave more info on Jigsaw flashback i wonder who that women was--- maybbe it be told in part 4

im sort of shocked there is a HOSTEL 2 coming soon. Didnt part 1 flop[/quote]

yea i forgot about that flashback, im guessing she was his wife or something. Im thinking the 4th one will be a prequel to the first one. i wish they had explained the significance of the doll, all they showed was him painting it

i think hostel did pretty well considering it was fairly low budget. and im pretty sure it did well on dvd

This one blew the second out of the water. And tied up all of the loose ends from the second and it all works well. I saw maybe one of the twists at the end, but not all three (I think this is how many I counted) of them.

[quote name='slidecage']been nice if they gave more info on Jigsaw flashback i wonder who that women was--- maybbe it be told in part 4

im sort of shocked there is a HOSTEL 2 coming soon. Didnt part 1 flop[/QUOTE]
Production Budget: $4.8 million

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $47,326,473 58.9%
+ Foreign: $32,965,018 41.1%

= Worldwide: $80,291,491

And DVDs are cheap, so they're pretty much pure profit.

Just got back. Insane. So much fucking better then Saw II. There def. will be a 4th. Cant wait to see what happens
with Jeff and his daughter

My stupid cousin made me go see it, since he paid. Completely crappy movie. The Saw movies are like wrestling, you need to weigh heavily on that suspension of belief. There are literally 50 "bull$hit, that could not/would not ever happen" moments, but the type of people who see this movie (teenage girls and their whigger boyfriends) will love it, plenty of loud noises, blood, and "awww man, when that dude jumped out, I was all like ahhh!" moments.

[quote name='jPoD']I'm neither a teenage girl, nor a 'whigger'...[/quote]

i second that.

the reason i like the Saw movies is because the storyline is excellent, especially with the third movie because it ties in with the other two so perfectly

I'm neither a teenage girl, nor a whigger, as VanillaGorilla put so lightly (back to the ignore list for you), but the suspension of disbelief is crucial to any film. Still, as I was watching this film there were moments where I was questioning the motives of the characters or the reasoning behind certain "games/traps" as Jigsaw would say, but overall at the end it all comes together in a meaningful way (as it goes for these types of films) so that I did not worry about my criticisms/questions of the film and just let it go.

Overall I must say that I enjoyed this film far more than the second and it even has grounds to compete with the first. This film leaves you with a sense of completeness and yet anticipating and wanting more. I wouldn't mind if they simply ended the series at this one, but I'm expecting another to be made and would not contest one being made, as long as it was made with the roughly the same people who developed this one. I caught a few of the twists coming towards the end as well, but some definitely threw me off guard. The gore in this one was at times a bit too much, but it was what I have come to expect from this series.

ps, d00k. The "saw theme" you speak of is in both Saw II and Saw III, and in Saw III, they use several variations of it.

ps the movie you heard it for is the new DENZEL movie Deja Vu...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm neither a teenage girl, nor a whigger, as VanillaGorilla put so lightly (back to the ignore list for you)[/quote]Why was I ever off the ignore list to begin with? This movie was basically 50 minutes long, since 33% of it was recapping for all the people in the audience who are too afflicted with ADD, or too busy texting on their cellphone (OMG dat guy got killed, so kewl lol!) to pay attention to the damn thing.

I was expecting a lot going into Saw 3 and I left wanting more. I want to go more into the movie but I don't want to spoil anything.

[quote name='notoriousrcn']ps, d00k. The "saw theme" you speak of is in both Saw II and Saw III, and in Saw III, they use several variations of it.

ps the movie you heard it for is the new DENZEL movie Deja Vu...[/quote]
Yeah, I actually did hear it in the third one and I was happy. I still don't remember it the second one though. I'll have to watch it again.

Now that I'm more awake and I've let this movie sink in, I have an official opinion on it. I definetly liked this one the least, but it was still awesome. I didn't like how they had to have so many flashbacks just so the newcomers could understand what was going on. But as far as intricate storylines go, this one was the best. To tell you the truth, I'm still a little confused about the whole plot. I need to go see it again to fully understand it.

And, yes, this is easily the goriest one yet. I've only cringed at two movies, and this was one of them. (the other being Hostel). The part with the foot at the beginning was.........ungh :puke:

Awesome movie. Again, not as good as the first two IMO, but awesome none the less.

(And I know that nobody else cares, but I was really happy to see the 'Hostel: Part Two' trailer.)

Oh, and that pig machine thing was really weird.....

I saw it last night. Some parts were VERY disgusting, I got a little nautious during the
surgery scene, just because they dragged it out for so fucking long. I was sitting there growing impatient, because I didn't want to see Jigsaw's fucking skull pool over with blood with a power drill pounding into his head for 10 minutes straight.
When I got out of the theater, some girl in the lobby was hyperventilating. Don't see it if you don't have a strong stomach for gore. No wonder the people in my theater so strictly enforced the under 17 thing - This movie is NOT for the faint-hearted, and it makes the first look like child's play.

Well, it's definitely better than the second IMO, but I don't think it's better than the first.

I saw it last night. Some parts were VERY disgusting, I grew uncomfortable during the
surgery scene, just because they dragged it out for so fucking long. I was sitting there growing impatient, because I didn't want to see Jigsaw's fucking skull pool over with blood with a power drill pounding into his head for 10 minutes straight.
, I didn't throw up though :D When I got out of the theater, some girl in the lobby was hyperventilating. Don't see it if you don't have a strong stomach for gore. No wonder the people in my theater so strictly enforced the under 17 thing - This movie is NOT for the faint-hearted, and it makes the first look like child's play.

Well, it's definitely better than the second IMO, but I don't think it's better than the first.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']I saw it last night. Some parts were VERY disgusting, I grew uncomfortable during the
, I didn't throw up though :D When I got out of the theater, some girl in the lobby was hyperventilating. Don't see it if you don't have a strong stomach for gore. No wonder the people in my theater so strictly enforced the under 17 thing - This movie is NOT for the faint-hearted, and it makes the first look like child's play.

Well, it's definitely better than the second IMO, but I don't think it's better than the first.[/QUOTE]

yeap i had to look away during that thing. that is probally the first time in over 10 years that a movie made me so sick that i had to look away. I find it shocking in a way that people do stay awake during those surgerys

wait...you guys cringed at the surgery part but didnt even flinch at the torture parts? that foot part at the beginning was nasty...plus the guy ripping chains from himself and the ribcage thing...ewww...surgery happens all the time...i actually imagined myself in jigsaw's shoes when the surgery occured and if i was him, it would feel almost orgasmic to have that skull piece removed because that would put less pressure on the tumor/brain

this is my full saw movie (i saw a bit of saw 1, the part with the 2 guys in the room and the one dead guy, on payperview)...it was....interesting to say the least

i think it has a great lesson around it and encourages people to be better people...great movie

I was going to watch this last night, but I'm glad I didn't. I'm going to rent the second one next Friday and watch saw III on Saturday. The things I'm readnig here are the same things that people have told me.

im sort of shocked there is a HOSTEL 2 coming soon. Didnt part 1 flop[/quote]

Hostel pwned on DVD. It sold more copies then Chronicles of Narnia did at walmart.

Honestly, I think Saw 3 was trying a little too hard to be disturbing.

did you guys see the preview for the hostel knockoff? it was called something like "tourist" or something...looked pretty much a carbon copy of hostel except in like hawaii or something...right when i saw the "nice beaches and all the pretty women," i knew it was gonna be a hostel knockoff where it's like "hell in heaven"

[quote name='jPoD']Touristas :p[/quote]

haha i thought that was Hostel 2 until i saw the name at the end of the trailer. Such a blatant ripoff. But hot damn am I excited for Hostel 2.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']
[/quote]

Honestly, I'm a pussy and have yet to see any of the Saw movies.. but if this one has surgery in it, I might see it. Since I'm such a med geek, it'll probably be more interesting for me than gory. :x

My favorite part about this thread is how you can see fuck in the spoiler boxes without highlighting lol.

I also went to see Saw III on opening day. I'm a big fan of the first 2, but this one did seem like it was trying way to hard to gross us out. Easily the worst of the three, the only redeeming factor was that it tied up loose ends of the first two.

I am also not a wigger.

This was probably my least favorite out of all of them, but I still loved it. I thought the ending made it just a bit better, also.

I loved the shot at the end of the aftermath of the women's neck collar thing exploding. That was so fucking sweet.

Anyway, the reason that I liked this one the least is mainly because there was a lot of emotional fluff that didn't really do much for the film. I don't have anything against emotion, of course, but the reason I see these films is to watch people suffer. SAW III did deliver on that, as it was the goriest SAW yet. SAW II had more victims, which is partially why I might have enjoyed it more. On second thought, I may have liked SAW II and III equally, but for different reasons, because the second movie's ending wasn't all that excellent, if I recall.

Saw it last night, eh is the only way I could say it. Alot of shit was gross, but it seems that what Saw is now, Saw I was gross but to an extent, it actually had some story/backlog. It seemed Saw 3 was going off on so many tangents that you can't really get attached to the characters. The movie for me is now running out of it's flare, if I can relate it, it's kinda like a last ditch play in football, the character in the movie goes as far as he can, then pitches it to the next character which leads into the next movie.

I heard the same noises I hear at the dentist during the surgery scene 0_o

I think the reason I didn't like this one as much was because overall, it didn't really feel like a 'Saw' movie. The only time I got the same 'Saw' feeling was
at the end when it showed Jeff that his daughter was right behind him from the start.

I really wish I understood this movie more. I don't even understand the relevance of that part. I need to go see it again, badly. I feel like an idiot for not understanding it.

[quote name='d00k']I heard the same noises I hear at the dentist during the surgery scene 0_o

I think the reason I didn't like this one as much was because overall, it didn't really feel like a 'Saw' movie. The only time I got the same 'Saw' feeling was
at the end when it showed Jeff that his daughter was right behind him from the start.

I really wish I understood this movie more. I don't even understand the relevance of that part. I need to go see it again, badly. I feel like an idiot for not understanding it.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure

Jeff's Daughter wasn't behind him from the start, it cuts to a dark hallway which was never seen

[quote name='swetooth9']
wait...you guys cringed at the surgery part but didnt even flinch at the torture parts? that foot part at the beginning was nasty...plus the guy ripping chains from himself and the ribcage thing...ewww...surgery happens all the time...i actually imagined myself in jigsaw's shoes when the surgery occured and if i was him, it would feel almost orgasmic to have that skull piece removed because that would put less pressure on the tumor/brain

this is my full saw movie (i saw a bit of saw 1, the part with the 2 guys in the room and the one dead guy, on payperview)...it was....interesting to say the least

i think it has a great lesson around it and encourages people to be better people...great movie[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the torture is what I've come to expect from Saw, so it wasn't particularly stomach-churning to me to see more of it, since that's what I was expecting. Granted, all of it was gory, and
the pig scene was disgusting, I could only imagine how that judge must've felt being covered in that shit. But no part made me more nautious than a crude up-close shot of Jiggie's skull being power-drilled, I don't go to see Saw to expect a snippet from Nip-Tuck, I go for the twists, the backlog of the story, and the originality of how he/she tortures the victims.

[quote name='d00k']I heard the same noises I hear at the dentist during the surgery scene 0_o

I really wish I understood this movie more. I don't even understand the relevance of that part. I need to go see it again, badly. I feel like an idiot for not understanding it.[/QUOTE]

i think most people thought that was the worse part cause nothing else was happening. with the dude getting twisted at least there was other stuff going on. I still dont see how that dude got shot it happens so fast

The ending pissed me off. A lot.

It's just... such a "cheap" ending. I love psychological thrillers that keep you guessing that make you envy the mastermind behind it all. Saw III didn't do that for me. Instead, I thought it was a lame attempt at one.

Here's the thing: the ending is so contingent on so many freakin' things going right. At least in Saw II everything turned out to be a tape, so timing didn't really matter... in this one, though, what are the chances that the husband walks in just as Amanda is shooting that chick? The husband shooting Amanda is completely contingent on him popping in at that time.

Or how about Amanda shooting the doctor? That is totally dependent on jealousy from Amanda. How does Jigsaw know that she is going to react that way? You can argue that Jigsaw acted the way he did to get sympathy from the doctor... but... still...

I liked the movie... but the ending really pissed me off. I felt "cheated." Given what I saw in the first movies, the writers could have done better. A lot better. It was a "cheap" ending. Unless Jigsaw is prophetic, none of this happens. It just doesn't seem realistic.

And I know it sounds kind of silly that I'm expecting it to be "realistic," seeing as how this movie is based on a psycho killer who creates incredibly elaborate traps... but... UGH! It just pissed me off.

Cool traps, exciting movie... stupid ending. I feel cheated. This was a decent movie but it was not Saw-caliber.

I didnt care for it as much as 1 and 2. It seemed this one was aiming for more gore or "shock" factor than the storyline.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']The ending pissed me off. A lot.

It's just... such a "cheap" ending. I love psychological thrillers that keep you guessing that make you envy the mastermind behind it all. Saw III didn't do that for me. Instead, I thought it was a lame attempt at one.

Here's the thing: the ending is so contingent on so many freakin' things going right. At least in Saw II everything turned out to be a tape, so timing didn't really matter... in this one, though, what are the chances that the husband walks in just as Amanda is shooting that chick? The husband shooting Amanda is completely contingent on him popping in at that time.

Or how about Amanda shooting the doctor? That is totally dependent on jealousy from Amanda. How does Jigsaw know that she is going to react that way? You can argue that Jigsaw acted the way he did to get sympathy from the doctor... but... still...

I liked the movie... but the ending really pissed me off. I felt "cheated." Given what I saw in the first movies, the writers could have done better. A lot better. It was a "cheap" ending. Unless Jigsaw is prophetic, none of this happens. It just doesn't seem realistic.

And I know it sounds kind of silly that I'm expecting it to be "realistic," seeing as how this movie is based on a psycho killer who creates incredibly elaborate traps... but... UGH! It just pissed me off.

Cool traps, exciting movie... stupid ending. I feel cheated. This was a decent movie but it was not Saw-caliber.[/QUOTE]

I think that was the point of the test that he was putting them through. He had realized that Amanda was "murdering" the people, and not actually giving them a chance to escape from the "game".

So jigsaw, being the expert that he is on the human psyche, knew she would try to kill the doctor after it was all said and done. And at the same time, he knew that Jeff was going to end up back at the place, but not until after the doctor had kept him alive long enough. So he was telling her not to kill the girl because he knew that if he did, Jeff had that one bullet to kill her after he saw her dead. It was more Jigsaw playing on Jeff (vengeance) and Amanda's (not playing the game by the rules) weaknesses in setting up the final meeting.

I thought the movie was just all gore and no real "saw-like" story, but I think the ending brought it back to the roots of the series very nicely. I think it was better than the second one, but not quite as good as the 1st. But I've loved them all, can't wait for #4.

bread's done
Back