Anyone still playing PSO? (Ala Schthack)

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
So I got back in to it again recently, the addiction that is Phantasy Star Online. Luckily after SEGA shut down the official server, some dude named Schthack set up a private server for the game. Free of charge of course and it still has hundreds of people on all the time. Was wondering if anyone still played.

If you've never played Phantasy Star Online I'd highly suggest checking it out. It's small but incredibly deep, low system requirements too.

http://schtserv.com/

*Note, this server is not illegal. All data included that is downloaded from this site was distributed freely from SEGA. They simply changed the server it connects to. No C&D ever came from SEGA and many Phantasy Star Universe admins play on the server so it's in their knowledge.

I used to play it on my Dreamcast. There was no way in heal I was importing a PAL copy at the time. But since I don't have dialup anymore I stopped. I need to look up how to use my modem on my Dreamcast to use with my broadband connection. I know there's a way to.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I'll try it, Blue Burst or plain ole' PSO?[/QUOTE]

It's Blue Burst with all the japanese content that the American servers didn't add, with a few mods like randomly choosing who gets a rare instead of the old "First to grab it" system and a few custom quests.

been playing, made some friends, hit level 7.

pretty awesome. like the pickup and play aspect of it. want to fight a boss? blaze through the forest stage, fight badass dragon.

[quote name='crystalklear64']how many dragons do you know that fly, breath fire, AND burrow underground bugs bunny style?

badass![/QUOTE]

Did you say... badass?

Anyways, glad to see you're liking it. I'm a RAcast named Epsilon- (Used the - to get the section ID I wanted) so if you see me around we should add each other. I'm level 17, can't wait to get in to hard mode and find some rares.

To learn a lot more about the game, your MAG and drop charts I suggest giving http://pso-world.com/ a visit.

I cant find a broadband adapter for a decent price. I don't think they will ever fall in price. (it has been a long time)

I still check every pawn shop I go to to see if someone left it attached.

im on blue burst :) pc..

sent an email to try to get the gc version registered but havent heard back

anyone thats been playing blue burst and at a higher level, got any slot items or other items to spare? I really dont have the patience like i used to for this and want to lvl up faster

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guyver2077']im on blue burst :) pc..

sent an email to try to get the gc version registered but havent heard back

anyone thats been playing blue burst and at a higher level, got any slot items or other items to spare? I really dont have the patience like i used to for this and want to lvl up faster[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of nice people, I get offered free rares and money all the time but I turn them down. I'm playing this guy out straight.

Speaking of DIY, I just got my mag to level 100 and made it a Diwari. It looks so cool!

got a level 12 humar and a 6 racast.

get raped on my humar if i use melee weapons. been sticking with a +7handgun I found and spells.

seems to defeat the purpose, but oh well.

my little tamagotchi thing looks cool now. split into two, so now kinda looks like wings.

[quote name='crystalklear64']get raped on my humar if i use melee weapons. been sticking with a +7handgun I found and spells.

my little tamagotchi thing looks cool now. split into two, so now kinda looks like wings.[/QUOTE]

It gets easier when you find rare weapons to mow enemies down with.

Sounds like Varaha mags. I always liked those.

I play the Dreamcast version on there my name Is DaVixiya FOnewearl LVL79 Half-Legit Haf-Hacked. I aslo have PSO PC, and GC PSO I&II plus I have to reregister blue burst since I haven't been on in awhile. Let me know if you want to play on the Dreamcast. Aslo looking for a PAL PSO Ver. 2 if anyone knows some one trading or selling one direct them my way.
Thanks.

I retired when my level ~170 RAmar got corrupted. So many rare items...so much time invested...all gone. I died a little inside that day. I might give it another go, I can get up to level 15 in a day, probably level 30 in a week.

bread's done
Back