Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

I finally dusted off my old box and put in SVC Chaos. Big mistake. That game is even worse than I remember it years ago.

I wish people still played Whacked! online. That game was fun.. that and Midtown Madness 3. And Unrel Championship 2. And Jedi Academy! We need to start an oldschool XBox group here.

I never had an original xbox...but just bought one for 20 bucks. I have a 360 and a bunch of bc games (psychonauts, halo, halo 2, street fighter collection, fable:tlc, jade empire, kotor, doom 3 collectors, ninja gaiden black, etc.). I just never got into those games on the 360, because it felt like I should be playing something "new" to get my money's worth on the 360. Anyways, I have my new original xbox hooked up downstairs...it came with an rf cable so it looks pretty crappy. I'll play that when the kids are watching "The Wubzy Movie" on my 360/netflix player.

[quote name='Scorch']We need to start an oldschool XBox group here.[/quote]

I second that! I just need to find the puck for my headset :whistle2:?

[quote name='cochesecochese']My only recommendation is to steer clear of the Light Side Consular class. The end game for that class is absolutely brutal.[/QUOTE]

the endgame with the consular on light side is a cake walk. you get the star forge robes and good shields and are pretty much unbeatable

More people should play Unreal Championship 2. Great game that barely anybody played. I'm pretty sure it's BC too.

I am playing Kotor 1 right now. Pretty good game. I skipped a lot of Star Wars games because I figured they were most likely going to be crappy games that just sold due to the liscence. I am pleasantly surprised by this being an okay game. I just finished Republic Commando and that was a good game that needs a sequel.

I plugged the green machine back in in the other day finally and played through Final Fight on the Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1. Man... the arcade is great, even though it's pretty much impossible to lose as you have infinite continues.

Now I'm on Tony Hawk 4, which I got for $1.50. I'm up to 150/190. It's tricky when you go back from American Wasteland and Project 8 and can no longer push off walls.

[quote name='pyoobez']

Now I'm on Tony Hawk 4, which I got for $1.50. I'm up to 150/190. It's tricky when you go back from American Wasteland and Project 8 and can no longer push off walls.[/quote]

Damn man, I'm already feeling nostalgic for Tony Hawk's 4... I got it when it was originally released in 2002. Tony Hawk's 3 is even better though.

[quote name='Rozz']Damn man, I'm already feeling nostalgic for Tony Hawk's 4... I got it when it was originally released in 2002. Tony Hawk's 3 is even better though.[/quote]

Yeah, I got 1-3 on the 64. I need to get 2x, 3 and THUG2 on the X-Box yet to round out my collection (then the two or three 360 ones). I'm loving 4, I haven't played it much since my friend got it when it was released (and then I borrowed it for a while when I got my X-Box). It's a lot tougher, imo, than most of the later games where I can do a million point combos. In 4, I think my most was in the very low 700k's.

EDIT: Broke a million with like 1.1k. Then broke it again on a glitch with 1.4k. I'm up to 175/190 tasks done. Just about to set it aside as I picked up THUG2 new for $5 at West Coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']I wish people still played Whacked! online. That game was fun.. that and Midtown Madness 3. And Unrel Championship 2. And Jedi Academy! We need to start an oldschool XBox group here.[/quote]

Midtown Madness 3 was my favorite Live game, by far. Really playable, and the competition was quite good. I hate that I don't have Live anymore, but I couldn't see paying for it when I never used it. Is there any way to get OG Live on a discount, a la those $30 prepaid cards for 360?

I got Thug 2 going, it was a blast to play through but fairly short and easy on normal mode. (I might have to go through on pro/sick then)

Never played much games on mine. Just dusted it off and got Jade Empire. Gonna go grab some other ones I see listed in this thread (KOTOR, Riddick, Deus Ex, etc).

There's a report that Gamestop is going to stop taking trade-ins on Xbox games in March, which sucks. My local GS' Xbox section is slim enough as it is.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']There's a report that Gamestop is going to stop taking trade-ins on Xbox games in March, which sucks. My local GS' Xbox section is slim enough as it is.[/quote]

I can confirm this, talked to a GS employee today and he said he read the memo yesterday. I would expect by midsummer they'll start dumping Xbox inventory.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']There's a report that Gamestop is going to stop taking trade-ins on Xbox games in March, which sucks. My local GS' Xbox section is slim enough as it is.[/quote]

Damn. :( I always hate when they get rid of their selections.

I believe the GB/GBC stop went into effect already. The store manager was telling me about it as I picked up Qix for some ridiculously low price like $1.99. Apparently, that store still sells a good bit, so he was told eventually they'd get leftovers from other stores.

Not playing on the original xbox, but playing it's games via 360. Each time there's a GS coupon for a % off on them I always get 2 or 3 titles so I got quite the backlog right now.....Plus now that I see my e-mail I may increase that backlog by a couple more titles, and if this GS clearing their stock holds up then I'll definitely be digging in some bins come march since we all know they'll be doing something good to clear out a majority of original xbox games. Maybe a buy 2 get 2 deal, or something along those lines?

I picked up Beyond Good and Evil, Metal Slug 3, Unreal Championship 2, Mechassault 2, and XIII for $15 at FYE. BG&E was opened, and I decided to bust out metal slug, but the rest are still sealed. I might go back and pick up some more games tomorow. Metal Slug is awesome. Moderatley difficuilt though.

I need to hit up my FYE. I found a two month free trial in one of the games I was trading in, I may have to see if it works for some Live. I'd love to play some Midtown Madness again.

Yeah, fye is rocking. I need to get there soon. I picked up Raw 2 there for under $5 (marked down to $10 and then half off plus member's discount). My sister also got the PSOne add on screen for under $20 after all discounts.

Between pyoobez's Tony Hawk posts, the FYE sale, and Gamestop no longer taking trade ins of Xbox stuff, I've found myself in sort of an Xbox kick recently.

Been looking around for some cheap xbox games / multiplayer games lately.

I was able to find Midtown Madness 3 for $6 (loved this game), A controller for $10 shipped (or 2 for $18 shipped, bringing me to a total of 4), and some older sports games at FYE at $2 a peice. Can't beat it.

If anyone has some old xbox stuff they're looking to unload, send me a PM. I gotta get the Tony Hawk games again.

:edit: went to EB and FYE today. Picked up 6 sports games for $15. NCAA Football 06 (Used), NHL Hitz Pro (Used), Live 05, March Madness 05, FIFA Street, and Arena Football (new).

I found THPS4 non-ph, I was so pumped, but when I got to the cash register they said it wasn't for sale... someone tried to trade it in but they didn't accept it cause it was scratched to hell... I was kinda pissed, but oh well. The search continues...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just started Halo 2. I've got a backlog of over 30 games and not much time to play. I'll probable still be working through these games when whatever replaces the 360 comes out. But I'll keep picking up cheap games for it. Do bad I don't have a FYE around here (well maybe it's a good thing).

[quote name='amacher']I've just started Halo 2. I've got a backlog of over 30 games and not much time to play. I'll probable still be working through these games when whatever replaces the 360 comes out. But I'll keep picking up cheap games for it. Do bad I don't have a FYE around here (well maybe it's a good thing).[/quote]

I'm the same way, I started the day thinking of doing some BB -> GS flips on Wii games with the new coupon but then thought to myself "Self, you have at least 50 games you haven't really played or beaten... "

The allure of massive GS credit wasn't enough to make me put up with the Gamestop odor... :roll:

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Between pyoobez's Tony Hawk posts, the FYE sale, and Gamestop no longer taking trade ins of Xbox stuff, I've found myself in sort of an Xbox kick recently.

Been looking around for some cheap xbox games / multiplayer games lately.

I was able to find Midtown Madness 3 for $6 (loved this game), A controller for $10 shipped (or 2 for $18 shipped, bringing me to a total of 4), and some older sports games at FYE at $2 a peice. Can't beat it.

If anyone has some old xbox stuff they're looking to unload, send me a PM. I gotta get the Tony Hawk games again.

:edit: went to EB and FYE today. Picked up 6 sports games for $15. NCAA Football 06 (Used), NHL Hitz Pro (Used), Live 05, March Madness 05, FIFA Street, and Arena Football (new).

I found THPS4 non-ph, I was so pumped, but when I got to the cash register they said it wasn't for sale... someone tried to trade it in but they didn't accept it cause it was scratched to hell... I was kinda pissed, but oh well. The search continues...[/quote]

I'm not sure what most of the prices are on the Tony Hawk games at gamestop, but they're dirt cheap on amazon. That's where I got a chunk of mine from. The shipping's the only bad part, but still... there's quite a few with case and playable shape for $1-ish.

Dunno if you've played Amped or Amped 2, but they're dirt cheap at gamestop and pretty fun. I got Amped 2 for $1.99 there a few months back and they had the first for .99.

I busted out Fable: TLC thanks to club.live now. The game's getting fun as it progresses, at first I didn't see what the "hubbub" was about. It's still not up to Morrowind, imo.

well ever since i got it back before christmas a lot of games but a lot of them did not work so i''m curently playing crimson skies, burnout III & dynasty Warriors 4, i'm waiting on spikeout battle street & dead to rights (platnum hits).

[quote name='pyoobez']I busted out Fable: TLC thanks to club.live now. The game's getting fun as it progresses, at first I didn't see what the "hubbub" was about. It's still not up to Morrowind, imo.[/quote]

I made the mistake of playing Fable after playing Morrowind on PC. Hooboy, what a downer. Fable wasn't a bad game, but compared to Morrowind it was like a Playskool RPG.

A Playskool RPG with a surprising amount of gory, Resident Evil-style-blood-spurting-in-the-air decapitations, that is. That just freaked me out, considering the goofy big-foot silly-face Disneyeque character designs. Kind of like Mickey and Goofy lopping each other's heads off with machetes. :hot:

I went to GS the other day to check what was left over on their Xbox section. I was looking for Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded but I ended up coming out with Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Bard's Tale, Leisure Suit Larry MCL, The Punisher and The Guy Game.

GBTG is good, I'm sure my daughter will enjoy it.
LSL is a pretty funny game. Had a few laughs with it.
The Guy Game is what it is. Good for when you're drinking with buddies.
The Punisher is a classic. I already owned this game before but decided to buy it again.

Currently playing through Bard's Tale. Having a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I made the mistake of playing Fable after playing Morrowind on PC. Hooboy, what a downer. Fable wasn't a bad game, but compared to Morrowind it was like a Playskool RPG.

A Playskool RPG with a surprising amount of gory, Resident Evil-style-blood-spurting-in-the-air decapitations, that is. That just freaked me out, considering the goofy big-foot silly-face Disneyeque character designs. Kind of like Mickey and Goofy lopping each other's heads off with machetes. :hot:[/quote]

Yeah. The thing that's getting to me is rescuing "your mother" so many times. She's getting as bad as the Princess from Mario.

Plus, the Combat is just not all that great. I just can't figure out how to properly switch targets, which leaves me killing civilians, guards and/or hostages and just generally getting beaten up by multiple guys a lot more than I should.

Fishing's been fun, though. As has using the bow to snipe heads from a distance.

Spent $50 so far on Xbox games this month. And thats crazy to me because I've tried to keep my purchases under $5.. Hit up GS again today, got the first 3 splinter cell games (was going to buy them for $20 on gametz, now i'm really thanking myself the guy was a douchebag and randomly decided to cancel the trade. Saved myself $11). Phantom Dust at $3, Midnight Club at $4. Passed on NBA Street V3, Madden 06, and PGR2. I've got way too many xbox games at the moment, a few still unopened. I picked up THPS4 here on CAG a few days ago as well, and that just came in. Man I forgot how much fun that game was.

I'm kinda kicking myself right now because I know a B2G1, or maybe B1G1 at gamestop is inevitable in the future, but what the heck. I'm not in the area I picked up those games too often, so I guess it's okay. The CAG in me would have liked to save a bit more cash though. :p

I just finished Fable. Well, the main story mode. I haven't finished all of the side quests. Just a note I haven't read online... when you reach the last town for TLC, you can buy the house and then marry your neighbor who lives alone (I met her downtown so it was luck). Then you can purchase her house, although you can't fix it up, and rent it out for quick cash.

It grew on me a little more, altough it seemed pretty quick. Not sure what I'm gonna play next... I got Amped 2, Black, Max Payne, Fight Night 2, and some others I haven't messed with. Then again, I just got Proving Ground for the 360 as well.

I still play that old thing from time to time......Right now i was playing The Godfather and then a couple of SNES and Genesis games that are on my console from emulators

I got through most of Black (tons of fun) and have started playing a little Ninja Gaiden Black, but mostly Sid Meier's Pirates!. The pirates game is simple, but interesting and addictive.

has anyone played the Panzer Dragoon game that was released for the Xbox? I cant decide if it's worth picking up. If it plays anything like the old Panzer games, i'd pick it up.

Once I move, I'm gonna start either Dave Mirra 2 (I loved the first one back in the day, somehow never played the 2nd), or Family Guy (just for laughs).

[quote name='tgk2044']Once I move, I'm gonna start either Dave Mirra 2 (I loved the first one back in the day, somehow never played the 2nd), or Family Guy (just for laughs).[/quote]

Yeah, I got Dave Mirra 2 sealed sitting in front of my comp (so it blocks the blue power light while I sleep). I got it for $5 last year at Ollie's (Central PA's version of Big Lots)

My Xbox gets use DAILY. I just watched Raging Bull last night on it via XBMC. I don't even have the controller for the system anymore but the system is awesome as a media center. If only it played HD without skippage, I'd probably sell my PS3.

[quote name='retroNutZ']has anyone played the Panzer Dragoon game that was released for the Xbox? I cant decide if it's worth picking up. If it plays anything like the old Panzer games, i'd pick it up.[/quote]

I tried it for a while but it was just too "on-rails" and restrictive for my tastes. Other people love it, so maybe I gave up on it too soon.

I received Jaws Unleashed from Goozex and the only redeeming factor is the Psychonauts trailer on the disc. Otherwise it is complete and utter rubish.

Also playing Darkwatch, which is pretty fun.

[quote name='gunstarheroe']I'm playing the House of the Dead 3. I also just bought Stubbs the Zombie to add to my collection.[/quote]

Stubbs is fun. I managed to pick it up a while back for like $8 at a consignment sale along with Black, Maxx Payne and Halo 2.. all in really great shape.

My list is too big to mention. I have about 60 Xbox 1 games maybe more in my collection. The current game i'm playing is Gun. I wish the 360 were as reliable as the original one. My current 360 is 5 years old and still kicking. :applause:

I purchased these from a friend but have yet to play them.

KOTOR
KOTOR 2
Indigo Prophecy
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Call of Cthulhu : Dark Corners of the Earth

I picked up the Sega GT/Jetset Radio Future set as well as PGR for .99 each at Gamestop. PGR is scratched up, so I need to get around to testing it, once I take apart my controller and test it out.

Just picked up Call of the Cthulhu, and I guess I'm installing it on my old xbox (at least I think that's what the game is doing, the first load screen is looooonnng). They're apparently playing it on the Rebel FM podcast's Backlog segment.

A modded xbox with BAED is without question just an amazing thing.

Me and my friends xboxes get played regularly.

bread's done
Back