Apology/Explanation is up. PM me if you haven't received tracking info!!!!!

[quote name='teknikalei']Cory, I'm really sorry you got overwhelmed by all this, and it sucks you had to get banned, but dude - did you just kind of threaten your fellow CAGs? That's not cool, not even as a joke.

I was prepared to come on here and defend you because I bought from your previous lowball, but don't joke about stuff like that - that's kind of scary. And weird, to be honest.[/QUOTE]
I just randomly happened upon this thread and read through what's happened.

What he said isn't weird at all looking at what happened. Yes, he sucks for doing what he did as he repeatedly said. Having said that, I'd give the guy a break. He fucked up so give him his neutral or negatives if you really feel he deserves it but otherwise just leave it alone. People were looking up his personal info and apparently calling his place of employment and such. That can be scary.

If you knew where I lived and were pissed off and making calls to my place of work and probably had my address and such, I'd not at all jokingly tell you that if you set foot on my property I would not hesitate to kill you out of fear for my own, and particularly my families, well being. So no not really weird at all.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I just randomly happened upon this thread and read through what's happened.

What he said isn't weird at all looking at what happened. Yes, he sucks for doing what he did as he repeatedly said. Having said that, I'd give the guy a break. He fucked up so give him his neutral or negatives if you really feel he deserves it but otherwise just leave it alone. People were looking up his personal info and apparently calling his place of employment and such. That can be scary.

If you knew where I lived and were pissed off and making calls to my place of work and probably had my address and such, I'd not at all jokingly tell you that if you set foot on my property I would not hesitate to kill you out of fear for my own, and particularly my families, well being. So no not really weird at all.[/QUOTE]

If he had qualified it ("if anyone comes to my house and threatens me or my family), I would agree with you.

I read through the thread as well and I know people thought they were being ripped off, and when that happens they can overreact. He was sort of fighting fire with fire, I guess. They were talking "pitchforks and torches", he came back with "come near me and I shoot". Neither one of those statements belong in a civil conversation. I know, it's the internet, but still, both kind of cross a line I don't think was necessary.

I am one of the few bidders in his lowball who didn't jump his shit, but I was uncomfortable reading his "apology". We can agree to disagree on this, that's fine, but that's how I felt. Take it however you like.

FedEx just dropped off my stuff, it's all there and exactly as described.:applause:

Cory,
Hopefully you will come back to CAG sometime, it sounds like you've been a good member of this community. If you do I wouldn't mind trading some stuff with you. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but we all make mistakes and because of that we should all be willing to forgive the mistakes of others. I wish you and your family the best.

Wow. I was bidding on this lowball - but got outbid on all my items, thank god. I was clearing out my subscriptions and saw this thread was still active. I read through the last 10 pages or so, very entertaining. I kinda wish I had been in on it because I would have raged out a long time ago.

Hope everyone gets their shit.

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']FedEx just dropped off my stuff, it's all there and exactly as described.:applause:
[/QUOTE]

Good news. My package won't be here until Monday. Hopefully, there won't be any further issues.

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']FedEx just dropped off my stuff, it's all there and exactly as described.:applause:

Cory,
Hopefully you will come back to CAG sometime, it sounds like you've been a good member of this community. If you do I wouldn't mind trading some stuff with you. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but we all make mistakes and because of that we should all be willing to forgive the mistakes of others. I wish you and your family the best.[/QUOTE]

This!

I completely agree. Once my stuff gets here I will be fine. I guess it was the prospect of getting ripped off for my first time on CAG that got me a bit testy. I am fine once everything is here and we can put this behind us. :)

2012-03-02-190126.jpg

Here's my stuff, it arrived today. So more evidence that sometimes folks just get overwhelmed but will do the right thing in the end. Sending positive feedback now.

also now that I have that making of DVD time to burn the rest of this AC2 Limited Edition...one less in the world means mine will be slightly more rarer!

[quote name='teknikalei']Cory, I'm really sorry you got overwhelmed by all this, and it sucks you had to get banned, but dude - did you just kind of threaten your fellow CAGs? That's not cool, not even as a joke.

I was prepared to come on here and defend you because I bought from your previous lowball, but don't joke about stuff like that - that's kind of scary. And weird, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth tek....if someone were to actually track me down, come to my house, pound on my door like a lunatic(seriously, who would drive a minimum of 4 hours, which is the closest anyone bid from what I can tell) and demand their shit while threatening my family and the sanctity of my home would get a gun pulled on them. Put yourself in that position and you would do exactly the same. No one, and I mean no one, fucks with my family. I understand that I screwed up, sure. But going the lengths that some of you guys were going(for what it's worth, I was never at work when anyone called and never knew about that until merchie said something via email, I had appointments and I was in and out all day yesterday), that's almost borderline insane. But then again, some of you spent some serious money with me and I know that I broke that trust. But as you're now seeing, everything is en route.

Moral of the story is....if you come to my house, make it on good terms. This place is a fortress and we don't take kindly to ransacking hooligans. We get all Vlad the Impaler up in my parts and will stick you on a pike in the front lawn as a warning to others.

However....if you bring pie, all is forgiven.

Cheers chaps.

[quote name='dv8mad']I hope that those that have never hosted lowballs take note of this.

Even a small lowball can suddenly become overwhelming and this one wasn't small at all.

A lowball takes A LOT of time and effort in a short period of time. Everyone should consider that before setting up a lowball in the future.[/QUOTE]

This times a hundred.

My lowball was on the smaller to medium side, and I made sure I'd be on Vacation while it was going on. Good thing too, as the last couple of days got pretty crazy AND it took me the whole week to get everything shipped out(with a few hiccups along the way). Definitely make sure you have the time and patience before taking one on.

That being said, I feel for the guy. He screwed up big-time, but no one should have to deal with the crap he's had to deal with... Take the necessary & proper precautions people, it's not that hard. No need to try and make things personal.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']For what it's worth tek....if someone were to actually track me down, come to my house, pound on my door like a lunatic(seriously, who would drive a minimum of 4 hours, which is the closest anyone bid from what I can tell) and demand their shit while threatening my family and the sanctity of my home would get a gun pulled on them. Put yourself in that position and you would do exactly the same. No one, and I mean no one, fucks with my family. I understand that I screwed up, sure. But going the lengths that some of you guys were going(for what it's worth, I was never at work when anyone called and never knew about that until merchie said something via email, I had appointments and I was in and out all day yesterday), that's almost borderline insane. But then again, some of you spent some serious money with me and I know that I broke that trust. But as you're now seeing, everything is en route.

Moral of the story is....if you come to my house, make it on good terms. This place is a fortress and we don't take kindly to ransacking hooligans. We get all Vlad the Impaler up in my parts and will stick you on a pike in the front lawn as a warning to others.

However....if you bring pie, all is forgiven.

Cheers chaps.[/QUOTE]

I would have to side with you on this one, as I'm sure all the other husbands/fathers here would. If there's one thing a man can't tolerate, it's people threatening his family.

That being said, I do think any mention about people going to your house was just talk, nothing more.

Although this isn't a funny topic, that last bit made me laugh. I've never had a signature before, but felt it was worthy. If it's not cool Cory, let me know and I'll take it down.:)

[quote name='thecoryjihad']For what it's worth tek....if someone were to actually track me down, come to my house, pound on my door like a lunatic (seriously, who would drive a minimum of 4 hours, which is the closest anyone bid from what I can tell) [/QUOTE]

As far as you an tell? I bet that's the exact reason you were MIA. Didn't figure people would

A. Track you down
or
B. Think it was worth at least a 4 hour drive to come see about a game

Last edited by a moderator:
Galatians.....feel free to steal away. At least part of this will live on.

KD....my reasoning for going MIA was explained time and time again, individually and to each CAGGer that I had dealings with. Not because I was trying to screw everyone.

[quote name='thecoryjihad'] This place is a fortress and we don't take kindly to ransacking hooligans. We get all Vlad the Impaler up in my parts and will stick you on a pike in the front lawn as a warning to others.[/QUOTE]

1326842233819.gif

Oh my god. That was incredible.

Thank you for that hilarious mental image kind sir.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I do what I can. Nothing like a little impalement humor to keep things lively.[/QUOTE]

It is funny, but taking people's money and running off with it isn't. You could have chosen any time before taking people's payments or after sending off the goods to disappear, which would lead to little or no consequence seeing as no money changed hands before that (and all that was wasted was just time) or the exchange was complete. Even if you chose to disappear for a while after money changed hands, a simple follow up as to whats happening every now and then would have sufficed, and as others have said before, would have been okay with them. I for one wouldn't have minded the wait as long as I got some sort of reason for the delay (or at least some kind of heads up and time frame).

Having said these things, I can totally understand that hosting a lowball takes a lot of energy (as other users have pointed out too), and since you've given a decent reason along with an apology, and shipped out the items this whole thing is water under the bridge for me. When everything is less hectic on your end, and if you ever decide to start a lowball or sell things again, I'd be happy to buy from you again as long as you're willing to sell to me. :)

I must admit, I was scared as hell that you might have taken my money and ran. It wasn't an amount that i could easily write off as a loss. For me, being halfway across the world, the most i would be able to do is message you (where i left a message on your xbox with a sense of urgency and without threats) and in the most extreme case, call your workplace (which I didn't do). Luckily, a member of CAG was able to get in touch with you and bring you back to the boards.

As for the "threats" posted on this board, grabbing "pitch forks and torches" could have been members just expressing themselves seeing as how some people thought they were getting scammed, which is understandable to me as to why they'd want to choose those words. On the other hand, as for you saying "you'd shoot/impale" people, i'd probably say the same thing in your situation because people calling me/saying they'd go to my door step certainly is a scary thing, and those words are a pretty good deterrent. No one can really be at fault here.

I'd like to pose a (few) question for those user that say we were over reacting (and for those that actually bothered to read my long post, lol):
If no action was taken to contact Cory, how long do you think it would take before he came back to the board to post? Perhaps the only reason Cory came back was because he got an email stating that calls were made to his workplace, that some users were going to file a police report and that those who payed via AP were going to withdraw their funds. If none of those actions took place, and he didn't come back for another week (or two), would you be worried? If you paid the amount that some of the other users paid, would you be worried then? What if this was some one else entirely (since everyone is a stranger to everyone else on the Internet)? These questions may never have answers, but it's always good to make your brain move a little (food for thought, i guess).

Cory, I hope everything goes well for you, and I'd still like to see your lego room. Seeing as how everything got sorted (and I've spilled my mind on the topic here), you'll get no complaints from me. Thank you for coming back to keep up your end (and having the guts to issue an apology).

[quote name='Zidail']
I'd like to pose a (few) question for those user that say we were over reacting (and for those that actually bothered to read my long post, lol):
If no action was taken to contact Cory, how long do you think it would take before he came back to the board to post? Perhaps the only reason Cory came back was because he got an email stating that calls were made to his workplace, that some users were going to file a police report and that those who payed via AP were going to withdraw their funds. If none of those actions took place, and he didn't come back for another week (or two), would you be worried? If you paid the amount that some of the other users paid, would you be worried then? What if this was some one else entirely (since everyone is a stranger to everyone else on the Internet)? These questions may never have answers, but it's always good to make your brain move a little (food for thought, i guess).
[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of the above. If he had time to log in multiple times here, go on box live, order stuff from the internet, and work on the lego room, then he could've spent a couple of minutes to get out a message, at the very least, saying that he's running behind. Ignoring the many emails, PMs and xbox messages he received, and only showing up when he felt that legal action was about to be taken is enough to make me believe that it was deliberate. I do not believe that Cory was naive enough to think that staying away would make things get better. I cannot believe some folks here actually buy that excuse. Also, now it seems he has all the time in the world popping in and out every so often.
Anyway, to each his own. I just want to get this behind me and move on.

[quote name='ooga']I agree with all of the above. If he had time to log in multiple times here, go on box live, order stuff from the internet, and work on the lego room, then he could've spent a couple of minutes to get out a message, at the very least, saying that he's running behind. Ignoring the many emails, PMs and xbox messages he received, and only showing up when he felt that legal action was about to be taken is enough to make me believe that it was deliberate. I do not believe that Cory was naive enough to think that staying away would make things get better. I cannot believe some folks here actually buy that excuse. Also, now it seems he has all the time in the world popping in and out every so often.
Anyway, to each his own. I just want to get this behind me and move on.[/QUOTE]
That's what you get for outbidding me on Catherine.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']That's what you get for outbidding me on Catherine.[/QUOTE]

Heheh. Yeah I guess I had it coming. ;)

Got my package today but he charged me $8.95 for priority shipping yet he shipped it first class parcel and that only cost him $3 to ship( I have the receipt on the package). I PM'd him about it and hopefully he refunds me the difference.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Got my package today but he charged me $8.95 for priority shipping yet he shipped it first class parcel and that only cost him $3 to ship( I have the receipt on the package). I PM'd him about it and hopefully he refunds me the difference.[/QUOTE]

I paid $14+ shipping for mine. I really don't think it cost that much given the light weight of the package. Its Fedex so I don't know.

[quote name='ooga']I paid $14+ shipping for mine. I really don't think it cost that much given the light weight of the package. Its Fedex so I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I got charged $11.80 for priority and it got sent parcel which was slightly more than half that price. Just the icing on the cake for a negative.

To those of you bitching about shipping costs!!!!

Total that I collected for shipping from all CAGs:$402.75
Total cost of everything I shipped-$576
Total loss to me-$173.25

So yet again, quoting shipping as fairly as I could still managed to fuck me in the end. If you have a complaint about shipping, why don't I just charge you what it actually cost me and then we can see what's what.

That "community shipping" thing would be just awesome if we live in a communist society, but we don't....
Some of us got a great deal on shipping and some of us got screwed. I don't see why those who got screwed should not be upset just because you lost money on shipping.
Sinfulfate got overcharged $6 which helped out someone else. He SHOULD be bitching.
Also, you were planning on using USPS but ended up shipping some packages Fedex (I am assuming to placate the people asking for your head). I don't see why that would be our problem?
Seriously man!!

[quote name='thecoryjihad']To those of you bitching about shipping costs!!!!

Total that I collected for shipping from all CAGs:$402.75
Total cost of everything I shipped-$576
Total loss to me-$173.25

So yet again, quoting shipping as fairly as I could still managed to fuck me in the end. If you have a complaint about shipping, why don't I just charge you what it actually cost me and then we can see what's what.[/QUOTE]

And as I had said in the original post when I first opened the auction(it's still there...I checked), to contact me if you got overcharged and I'd reimburse the overage. Sinfulfate and I came to an agreement and that's that.

Also...please try to remember that I also had to pay for packaging materials on top of everything, which clearly isn't free.

I obviously understand that I fucked up dearly with the whole shipping fiasco, but seeing how much money I lost(not to mention what was packaging materials cost me, which I'm not factoring into that), I think I'm being more than fair be offering to reimburse some of the overage cost.

[quote name='ooga']That "community shipping" thing would be just awesome if we live in a communist society, but we don't....
Some of us got a great deal on shipping and some of us got screwed. I don't see why those who got screwed should not be upset just because you lost money on shipping.
Sinfulfate got overcharged $6 which helped out someone else. He SHOULD be bitching.
Also, you were planning on using USPS but ended up shipping some packages Fedex (I am assuming to placate the people asking for your head). I don't see why that would be our problem?
Seriously man!![/QUOTE]
Have you played Catherine yet? Let me know if you're interested in piecing out any of the items from the CE.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Have you played Catherine yet? Let me know if you're interested in piecing out any of the items from the CE.[/QUOTE]

You want those boxers don't you? You'll have to pry them from my cold dead buttocks! (Deathspank reference) ;)
To answer your question: no I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I am really not looking to all the grief my wife will give me when/if she sees what's in the CE package. :cool:

[quote name='ooga']You want those boxers don't you? You'll have to pry them from my cold dead buttocks! (Deathspank reference) ;)
To answer your question: no I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I am really not looking to all the grief my wife will give me when/if she sees what's in the CE package. :cool:[/QUOTE]
My wife gave me the "WHATTHEfuckAREYOUPLAYING?" I'm not spoiling anything, but watchout for the butt monster.

I actually notified my wife before I started playing Catherine to avoid the WTF coming from the other room. Same thing with Shadows of the Damned.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']And as I had said in the original post when I first opened the auction(it's still there...I checked), to contact me if you got overcharged and I'd reimburse the overage. Sinfulfate and I came to an agreement and that's that.

Also...please try to remember that I also had to pay for packaging materials on top of everything, which clearly isn't free.

I obviously understand that I fucked up dearly with the whole shipping fiasco, but seeing how much money I lost(not to mention what was packaging materials cost me, which I'm not factoring into that), I think I'm being more than fair be offering to reimburse some of the overage cost.[/QUOTE]

Piece of advice. Priority flat rate boxes. They cost nothing to get from the post office and are the easiest ways to send > 3 games. I use those, my spare amazon boxes and the only things I usually have to buy are bubble wrap and bubble mailers (which are $1 for 2 of them at the Dollar Store).

Hope you all get your stuff from this lowball I don't know what's going on so I am just going to say that. And nothing about lowballer

How can u give someone Neutral: for 8 days people do got life's you know

[quote name='starmask2k3']Hope you all get your stuff from this lowball I don't know what's going on so I am just going to say that. And nothing about lowballer

How can u give someone Neutral: for 8 days people do got life's you know[/QUOTE]

It's funny how you don't know what's going on and yet you comment. The neutral feedback isn't about how long it took to get our items. It's about the fact that the seller disappeared for 8 days with no communication.

got my items, im good condition.

however the jack in the box in AC:B sucks, I wouldve been pissed paying retail for that because it is the worst

Received everything I purchased, Came in great condition. Hell I even got the Comic book that I've been looking for too! Check it out:

03072012959.jpg

Since Masterchief2291 has elected not to receive private messages and is slamming me on Amazon for grossly misrepresenting my items, I have to air this here.

Masterchief2291!!!!! I need you to contact me immediately!!!! The following message is for you!!!

I just received a disturbing message from Amazon stating the following

"i received a package from the seller, but all items were in horrible condition and severely not as described."

You purchased the following:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition(plastic slipcover is bent on top of back and has small crack on front):masterchief2291-$17
Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition:masterchief2291-$19
Fallout 3 Limited Edition with Fallout 3 preorder bonus soundtrack and map/poster and making of DVD and :masterchief2291-$55
Guitar Hero Metallica:masterchief2291-$7

All of these were accurately described and photographed(the original description and photographs are on the front page) and the only one with damage was Modern Warfare 2, which was noted in the original listing.

Would you please disclose what other damages you were referring to that I didn't mention? Photographs would help too as I have the original photographs of my items showing their condition. No one else has said a word about anything regarding condition, so I need to know why "all items" are in horrible condition and "not as described" since I described the damage.

Thank you.

Received all my items in great condition today--now I have all 3 Mass Effect CEs to display proudly on my shelf. The MGS CE is pretty massive--forgot how huge this thing was. Thanks again--just grateful that I was able to finally receive my items!

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Since Masterchief2291 has elected not to receive private messages and is slamming me on Amazon for grossly misrepresenting my items, I have to air this here.

Masterchief2291!!!!! I need you to contact me immediately!!!! The following message is for you!!!

I just received a disturbing message from Amazon stating the following

"i received a package from the seller, but all items were in horrible condition and severely not as described."

You purchased the following:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition(plastic slipcover is bent on top of back and has small crack on front):masterchief2291-$17
Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition:masterchief2291-$19
Fallout 3 Limited Edition with Fallout 3 preorder bonus soundtrack and map/poster and making of DVD and :masterchief2291-$55
Guitar Hero Metallica:masterchief2291-$7

All of these were accurately described and photographed(the original description and photographs are on the front page) and the only one with damage was Modern Warfare 2, which was noted in the original listing.

Would you please disclose what other damages you were referring to that I didn't mention? Photographs would help too as I have the original photographs of my items showing their condition. No one else has said a word about anything regarding condition, so I need to know why "all items" are in horrible condition and "not as described" since I described the damage.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah based on the quality of my items, and the pictures others have received, I am guessing he just got passive aggressive and is "getting back" at you. I just don't believe he got the only batch of misrepresented items.

Even though the items arrived eventually, zero communication and purposely ignoring PMs and emails from so many people when he could've sent a one line response is unacceptable. This was a bad trading experience for me, and something this bad definitely warrants negative feedback. I hate to be the first to leave negative feedback, but anything else would not truly reflect my opinion of this trade. I don't understand how some of you who filed complaints with Amazon and were ready to take other action, still viewed this as a "positive" trading experience. Be honest with yourselves. To each his own I guess....
Cory, I am glad your kids will get the lego room. None of this is their fault so I wish them the best. You did not meet your obligations to your customers so I will not be trading with you in the future. I hope this serves as a lesson and you can get something positive from it. Good luck with whatever you do.

[quote name='ooga']Even though the items arrived eventually, zero communication and purposely ignoring PMs and emails from so many people when he could've sent a one line response is unacceptable. This was a bad trading experience for me, and something this bad definitely warrants negative feedback. I hate to be the first to leave negative feedback, but anything else would not truly reflect my opinion of this trade. I don't understand how some of you who filed complaints with Amazon and were ready to take other action, still viewed this as a "positive" trading experience. Be honest with yourselves. To each his own I guess....
Cory, I am glad your kids will get the lego room. None of this is their fault so I wish them the best. You did not meet your obligations to your customers so I will not be trading with you in the future. I hope this serves as a lesson and you can get something positive from it. Good luck with whatever you do.[/QUOTE]
Well said.

[quote name='ooga']Even though the items arrived eventually, zero communication and purposely ignoring PMs and emails from so many people when he could've sent a one line response is unacceptable. This was a bad trading experience for me, and something this bad definitely warrants negative feedback. I hate to be the first to leave negative feedback, but anything else would not truly reflect my opinion of this trade. I don't understand how some of you who filed complaints with Amazon and were ready to take other action, still viewed this as a "positive" trading experience. Be honest with yourselves. To each his own I guess....
Cory, I am glad your kids will get the lego room. None of this is their fault so I wish them the best. You did not meet your obligations to your customers so I will not be trading with you in the future. I hope this serves as a lesson and you can get something positive from it. Good luck with whatever you do.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I too am leaving a negative feedback for this experience, which is by far and away my worst experience on CAG.

Justifying the jacked up shipping for shipping materials is complete crap. Priority mailing boxes are free from the post office. Also charging me personally for priority then shipping the games parcel post is complete and utter bullshit especially after what transpired.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
Justifying the jacked up shipping for shipping materials is complete crap.[/QUOTE]

He shipped mine Fedex. So even though a $14.55 charge for shipping seems excessive given how light the box was, I have no way of 100% verifying how much it actually cost. According to the tracking info, the package weighed 2.8 lbs and shipped ground. Based on those values it should've cost $9.74 to ship it from his zip code to mine (2 business days). Again, I don't see an actual amount on the package so I can't say for certain.

As far as shipping materials, mine came in a previously used (recycled) box and had a couple of pieces of thick paper inside to hold everything in place. I hope for Cory's sake that he did not have to pay for any of these materials.

bread's done
Back