Apple ipad

[quote name='dmaul1114']I will say for me that it's something that will supplement my laptop, not replace it.

My laptop is my only home computer.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's kinda what I meant. I wouldn't need to lug a computer with me anymore - not that I'd replace a computer entirely. Perhaps I'd buy a desktop Mac instead of another MacBook.

[quote name='Salamando3000']I must respectfully disagree, for one reason only - Flash. If the iPad could use Flash, it wouldn't need half the apps it currently has. Now, while I cannot speak for whatever Apps you have on your phone, I know a lot of mine could be replaced with a web link to a Flash application. Granted, it won't be able to use accelerometers, but it'll also be free. .[/QUOTE]

The lack of flash seems like an obvious ploy to get you to pay for certain content you could be getting for free elsewhere, I totally agree with you there. For example, you could stream a lot of free tv content with things like hulu, but apple wants you buying that content. Also, I know theres alot of app games that are free flash pc games. However, there is a TON of content that is reasonably priced that is available nowhere else and even stuff thats cheaper on the app store(like GTA that was just released). The potential magazine content will also be unique to the device. Apple is good at getting people to pay for content and giving content providers a captive audience just about no one else can deliver- hopefully publishers will step up to the plate and innovate in ways that make their stuff worth paying for(which is where i see potential in this thing). It sucks apple locks down its device, but since its not a replacement for my laptop I can just use my laptop if I want to access flash content/ect.

The inability to multitask is probably to extend battery life, but the pad will probably be jailbroken soon enough to allow for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kendro']I'm a pretty big Apple fan (not their computers but the iPhone and iPod) and I have to admit if I was in the market for a portable multimedia device, there is no way I would buy the iPad over the Alienware M11x (gaming netbook).

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-10428491-269.html

Granted the price of the M11x will be as low as $799 and the iPad starts at $499 but the 16GB is essentially worthless so the $599 32GB is the standard to me. I'd rather pay a few hundred more and get a netbook that plays Modern Warfare 2.[/QUOTE]
Gaming netbook? Seriously? Starting at $799? There are laptops at that price that feature a much more bigger screen and specs at that price. That's a terrible example to rip on the iPad.

And my problem with using it as an e-book reader is the fact that it has a backlit LCD screen. That's soo bad for the eyes, but then again, I play video games and browse the internet for long periods of time... well, I guess you can I say this may be problematic for the middle-age people.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, that's kinda what I meant. I wouldn't need to lug a computer with me anymore - not that I'd replace a computer entirely. Perhaps I'd buy a desktop Mac instead of another MacBook.[/QUOTE]

How do you find using a Mac in academia? I have one colleague that has a Mac in his office and a macbook at home.

I've held off as our IT people won't support them ,and unless I switch totally it seems like it would be a hassle to get all the stats programs on both PC/MAC, and I've never looked into issues with file conversion, how much of a hassle bootcamp is etc. when working with colleagues who are all on PCs and needing to send stuff back and forth.

[quote name='shinryuu']
And my problem with using it as an e-book reader is the fact that it has a backlit LCD screen. That's soo bad for the eyes, but then again, I play video games and browse the internet for long periods of time... well, I guess you can I say this may be problematic for the middle-age people.[/QUOTE]

I believe its an LED screen, which is easier on the eyes that LCD since the light is constant and doesn't have a flicker behind the screen. My office PC monitor and my laptop have LED screens and they're definitely much easier on my eyes that the LCD screens I had before moving and getting these new machines.

No where near as good as e-ink, so I'd keep my kindle around for reading novels where I may get sucked in and read for a few hours straight.

But at the same time, e-ink isn't good for magazines that need color. Not good for newspaper unless it's one of the pricey big screen e-ink devices. Same with letter sized PDFs etc.

And those things I don't read for hours on end, so an LED screen, the shorter battery life etc. would be perfectly fine for me. But I'd still probably keep my kindle around for leisure reading of novels, non-fiction etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']How do you find using a Mac in academia? I have one colleague that has a Mac in his office and a macbook at home.

I've held off as our IT people won't support them ,and unless I switch totally it seems like it would be a hassle to get all the stats programs on both PC/MAC, and I've never looked into issues with file conversion, how much of a hassle bootcamp is etc. when working with colleagues who are all on PCs and needing to send stuff back and forth.[/QUOTE]

7 years ago it was a nightmare b/c the single worst piece of software code I experienced was the original OS X post of SPSS - I could have done my regressions by hand faster than it churned them out. That's a huge exaggeration, but what's not one is that I would have them running for several hours at a time before I got any output (n.b. that I stacked time series data so I literally had about 6 million cases - but still).

That's been more than resolved since then, and Stata is superior anyway. I don't have any issues at all, honestly. I use UMWare Fusion for my WinXP partition that runs simultaneously with OS X - I have the ArcGIS suite, LISREL, HLM, and one or two programs I use so little I can't think of what they are on there. File sharing b/w programs is easy if I need to C&P output from HLM and move it into an excel table I'm building using Mac Office.

It's super easy and convenient - but to put it in perspective, I've been using Apple computers since 1987-ish. It's easy for me to mistake for "easy" and "intuitive" what I've been using for 2/3 of my life, right?

The only problems -at all- I've experienced come with the video out on MacBooks. Long story short, I managed to turn an old MacBook Pro into a brand new high-end Unibody at no charge to me, and Apple transferred all my HDD info over. Super easy, great process. But Macs don't have DVI (is that the right connection?) ports - you have to purchase relatively cheap adapters. But the unibody adapter has a different connection entirely for the unibody compared with the 2005-2007 MacBook Pros. A minor issue, but one worth noting.

[quote name='dmaul1114']How do you find using a Mac in academia? I have one colleague that has a Mac in his office and a macbook at home.

I've held off as our IT people won't support them ,and unless I switch totally it seems like it would be a hassle to get all the stats programs on both PC/MAC, and I've never looked into issues with file conversion, how much of a hassle bootcamp is etc. when working with colleagues who are all on PCs and needing to send stuff back and forth.[/QUOTE]

I work in the IT office at our school for my assistantship, and we have quite a few people using Macs. I don't think we support bootcamp either. I'm pretty sure SPSS has caught up to the latest version on Mac, though I've heard SAS is kind of crappy on Mac.

To me, it seemed pretty obvious that the tablet would be a larger iPhone, with the internet but with no phone. Apple already had the framework in place, so it just made sense. Why start from scratch -- maybe it looks too much like an iPhone/Ipod Touch though.

The hype was so big that it could never live up to the hype, so we'll see what we see. I can't help thinking how these devices will help media creators, but hurt the book and mortar stores that historically sold them, like bookstores, magazine stands, etc. What will happen to comic books?

On a side note, it was interesting to see Jobs basically define Apple as a mobile device company. That's still tough for me to comprehend given the first Apple product I had was the Apple IIe. Its an amazing evolution.

[quote name='mykevermin']
It's super easy and convenient - but to put it in perspective, I've been using Apple computers since 1987-ish. It's easy for me to mistake for "easy" and "intuitive" what I've been using for 2/3 of my life, right?
[/QUOTE]

Very true. And that's been part of my hesitation as there is that learning curve. Hell I was playing with an iMac in the apple store a couple months ago and couldn't figure out how to maximize a Safari window that was only expanded to like 3/4ths of the screen!

At least it sounds like going back and forth between windows apps and Mac apps is easy, as that was a big barrier. Being so busy I'm hesitant to consider anything that adds even the slightest of inconvenience to doing my work. But it sounds like that's not real issue anymore.

If the Courier actually comes out, and can run plain Windows, in addition to what they've shown it doing, I will buy the hell out of one. If not, forget it. The scrapbook/journal thing is cute, and could be useful, but I need regular Windows, period. I need a tablet to be a real computer, first.

While personally myself doesn't see a point in device, I do see a use here. This might actually be a useful product for the elderly people in mind. Nice big screen (especially for e-books) and an easy to use interface with no chance of viruses (well I assuming slim to none), and it is good for e-mail or surfing basic sites. Especially if all they do is the occasional e-mail, or reading, why not get them something that is fucking easy to tech support.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This might actually be a useful product for the elderly people in mind.[/quote]
Elderly people, and virtual keyboards? Not this generation, not a chance.

no chance of viruses
So tired of this myth.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So tired of this myth.[/QUOTE]
"no chance" is hyperbole but the point is legit. apple keeps the door locked instead of hiring a security guard.

malicious developers aren't able to have their way with your machine... but neither are angelic developers (or the user, in many cases). i really hate how lock-and-key apple is with their software, i think it's a terrible approach for everyone involved, but their OSs are pretty damn secure as a result.

[quote name='caltab']Also, I know theres alot of app games that are free flash pc games. However, there is a TON of content that is reasonably priced that is available nowhere else and even stuff thats cheaper on the app store(like GTA that was just released). The potential magazine content will also be unique to the device. Apple is good at getting people to pay for content and giving content providers a captive audience just about no one else can deliver- hopefully publishers will step up to the plate and innovate in ways that make their stuff worth paying for(which is where i see potential in this thing). It sucks apple locks down its device, but since its not a replacement for my laptop I can just use my laptop if I want to access flash content/ect.[/QUOTE]

I never like arguments that rely on hoping a developer does something.

Newspaper apps seem kind of pointless (since many newspapers put all their content online) unless it automatically downloads a new issue every day and can be accessed while not in a WiFi hotspot/3G zone. Something like a podcast subscription. I haven't heard anything of the sort though, so I remain a little skeptical over how well they'll work.

What I need to not be skeptical over this is some kind of Killer App...something that really makes the iPad worth getting over any number of other gadgets. The question of "why is this needed/why should I buy this" hasn't been answered, in my opinion. 'Course, fact that I already own an iPhone doesn't help their cause.

[quote name='Koggit']"no chance" is hyperbole but the point is legit. apple keeps the door locked instead of hiring a security guard.

malicious developers aren't able to have their way with your machine... but neither are angelic developers (or the user, in many cases). i really hate how lock-and-key apple is with their software, i think it's a terrible approach for everyone involved, but their OSs are pretty damn secure as a result.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what iPhone/iTouch viruses were there? I only heard about the Rickroll one and the SMS push one. Were there others?

[quote name='cochesecochese']Wait, what iPhone/iTouch viruses were there? I only heard about the Rickroll one and the SMS push one. Were there others?[/QUOTE]
was this supposed to be in response to coffeeedge?

[quote name='Koggit']"no chance" is hyperbole but the point is legit. apple keeps the door locked instead of hiring a security guard.

malicious developers aren't able to have their way with your machine... but neither are angelic developers (or the user, in many cases). i really hate how lock-and-key apple is with their software, i think it's a terrible approach for everyone involved, but their OSs are pretty damn secure as a result.[/QUOTE]
MacOS at least is secure because nobody bothers writing viruses for it, why would you when it will only affect such a small numbers of machines?

I also am not sure who this maxipad is targeted at besides apple enthusiasts.
Is it to replace the iphone/smartphone one has?
Because it doesn't fit into a pocket. You can't pull it out in a bar, the giantness of the device can't be hidden by thinness.
It's portability is suspect, and if it is going to be tethered in a home, well, there's a laptop for that.
I guess it could shake up the ereader marketplace, but publishing is a tiny industry, and ebooks are a tiny niche within that. Sales figures for most ebooks are in the thousands, if that.

I'd rank it alongside the appletv, it just isn't the fantastic product one expects from apple.

am i the only one who believes the damn ipad has potential?

if they can somehow make it like a laptop, without the bending of a screen and have EASY in-screen typing, the ipad shall be a success.
Considering that is just a small tablet (no need to bend two screens), portability is a plus. If it can offer advanced computer features than that becomes a plus too.

The iPad looks smaller than your average laptop.
iPad 10 hour battery aint bad (Jobs, you could have done better), HOWEVER
the fuckin GB. really Jobs? 16 gig and 32 gigs? what the hell.
(Hell is even beyond me how people choose iPods with such small GB capacities)

iPad does have potential but the $$$et known as Jobs is screwing things up.
Rich Macolytes will probably be all over the iPad,
Poor/Reasonable Macolytes will criticize it,
and normal people will also criticize it.

If Apple can change and better the damn iPad, they may actually create a "new product".

also
obligatory troll website regarding any Apple product

YOU$$$SSUREGOTTOLD

Heres a HUGE write up from endgadget that has a ton of different perspectives from just about everyone on their staff, many that have actually touched the device. Overall, they are pretty negative on the thing, interesting read....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/editorial-engadget-on-the-ipad/

joystiq put up a video of them playing iphone games on it, looks pretty ackward to control when they dont blow up the screen on games that emulate controllers- seems like you really gotta stretch your hand to use the joystick all the way in the middle. These are just iphone games though and not games designed specifically for the pad. I'd imagine the iphone games that control the best without optimization would be puzzlers/board games, rts/resource management and tower defense type games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/28/video-apple-ipad-playing-iphone-games/

[quote name='cRodz']am i the only one who believes the damn ipad has potential?[/QUOTE]

'Potential' leads to yearly refreshes to make a device reach its potential.

At $500+, that business model fails.

[quote name='manthing']'Potential' leads to yearly refreshes to make a device reach its potential.

At $500+, that business model fails.[/QUOTE]

the iPhone already proved this wrong. You=fail

[quote name='usickenme']You=fail[/QUOTE]

Yep, the 'inability of MMS'* on the 2G proves me wrong...

Next time, use your tongue to clean SJ's anus when he produces a piece of shit.

Jailbreakers proved MMs is possible on the first iPhone. It's AppleTT's greed that prevented it there.

Taken by itself, the iPad isn't enough. It seems like the people who are okay to enthusiastic about it are talking more about the potential of a tablet-like device than they are the actual iPad.

There's no denying potential in the tablet market -- other manufacturers have made attempts at this. However, Jobs created two major criteria for the iPad on release, and not for a tablet device to arrive at some point in the future. Those criteria are that the iPad is 1) a response to the netbook (thus inviting comparison) and 2) a "third device" for smartphone/laptop owners that will take common tasks and do them better.

I can see that in the netbook vs. iPad, there is genuine competition there if we're looking at media tasks alone, which is to say reading books, watching movies. So Apple may have done something there. But as a Third Device, the iPad doesn't measure up at all. You've already got your iPhone (or other smartphone) and you've got your Pro (or other laptop). Outside of reading iBooks, the iPad doesn't do any high frequency tasks better than can be done on these other devices. E-mail, chat, browsing, video chat, iWork, so on, can all be done better and faster on the phone or laptop.

Yes, a tablet may come along somewhere that meets the challenge as a Third Device. But the iPad -- right now (or in 60-90 days) -- isn't it, not by vague, malicious, anti-Apple standards but by the standard that Apple set in striving for a viable Third Device.

The discussion of the iPad's "potential," coming from a lot of acolytes, seems like avoidance of the fact that Apple missed on this one. Unlike the iPhone, iPod, or iTunes Store releases, where the announcement literally mapped out Apple's next 2-3 years of growth based almost entirely on one product, the iPad will not have anywhere near the influence on its target niche (Third Device/tablet) and/or Apple's bottom line.

EDIT: Also...
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/28/msis-10-inch-tablet-launching-this-year-at-500-patently-ignor/

Weird time for a launch by MSI, but here's a tablet built on a phone OS that has multitasking and a camera (and dongle-less USB) at $500, too. All Apple has going for it prior to launch is the tablet UI. I don't think that's enough to "change the game" in the way that the Pod or Phone did.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usickenme']

I too wish it could do more.[/QUOTE]

you and everyone else

[quote name='usickenme']or you can download directly (do people pay attention or do they see an Apple logo and get all angry)
[/QUOTE]

you missed my point. i cant just plug in a flash drive and transfer some files over. i cant take my cameras SD card and load up pictures. i cant plug my external hdd and transfer my music over. nope, i have to either sync it to itunes or invest in some of the many adapters that will be coming out (and no doubt be ridiculously priced).

[quote name='Sporadic']1024 x 768[/QUOTE]

fuckin weak man.

they should've marketted the thing as just a competitor to kindle, then i think ppl would be less pissed about the gimped functionality.

though the kindle would still be superior, at least the ipad would seem more reasonable as a suped up e-reader rather than a giant ipod touch

[quote name='JolietJake']MacOS at least is secure because nobody bothers writing viruses for it, why would you when it will only affect such a small numbers of machines?[/QUOTE]

that is not at all why it's secure... but i don't feel like giving any crash CS courses, so fine, yeah, you're super right and that is why macos is secure.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
you missed my point. i cant just plug in a flash drive and transfer some files over. i cant take my cameras SD card and load up pictures. i cant plug my external hdd and transfer my music over. nope, i have to either sync it to itunes or invest in some of the many adapters that will be coming out (and no doubt be ridiculously priced).
.[/QUOTE]

I believe I did as I was just thinking about media (which is the devices main appeal). You do bring up a good point about how they will sync up iWork Data.

I don't think you need any adapters for connecting to computers. You will for cameras

Manthing- The iphone sold millions as an expensive, gimped first gen product. Selling millions and going from a 0% market share to a 15% market share is hardly a failing business model as you claimed. It also changed cell phones for the better. What was you point again or will you change it?

[quote name='basilofbkrst']http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-first-details-of-microsofts-secret-tablet

http://gizmodo.com/5369493/leaked-courier-video-shows-how-well-actually-use-it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Microsoft Courier looks promising. Having stylus support is huge, as again my main interest in a table is reading at marking up research articles, taking notes etc.

Only down side is I'm not a big fan of the two screen fold open like a book design. Once big screen is enough for me, can hold it and write like a legal pad, keeps the weight down etc.

[quote name='JolietJake']MacOS at least is secure because nobody bothers writing viruses for it, why would you when it will only affect such a small numbers of machines?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and that's one appeal an Apple would have for me over a windows based tablet. Having only my work laptop now, I pretty much refrain from random web browsing, torrents, porn etc. for fear of getting virus on a machine I'm so dependent on for work.

[quote name='vherub']I also am not sure who this maxipad is targeted at besides apple enthusiasts.
[/QUOTE]

Well, again, for me the appeal of a tablet device is to replacing printouts of PDFs of research articles that I'm constantly lugging back and forth from home to the office. And to stop killing so many trees printing them out.

And such a tablet would also be a nice browse the web on the coach machine--killing the need for a netbook which I've refrained from as it seems silly to buy one when I have a laptop already. Even more so when netbooks struggle with HD video, games etc. which is what I'd use a web surfing machine for mainly.

[quote name='dothog']Taken by itself, the iPad isn't enough. It seems like the people who are okay to enthusiastic about it are talking more about the potential of a tablet-like device than they are the actual iPad.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My main excitement over this is that Apple got quite a lot of what I'm looking for in a Tablet right, and set the bar high for competitors with a $500 price and 10 hour battery life.

I'm really, really interested in a tablet for my academic reading, paper grading and other work related document mark up taksts and web surfing etc.

So I see the iPad as really getting the ball rolling on that front. Being a $500 tablet designed around touch, and not a pricier tablet PC that's basically a laptop with a PC OS with a touch screen as a half assed addition as the OS etc. isn't build from the ground up around the touch screen. And most are too bulky to curl up and read, or hold with one hand and take notes with the other etc, tended to run hot, have poor battery life etc. So Apple has put pressure for the Tablet market to get away from that and more to Tablets as something that aren't just a different type of PC.

So I'm very eager to see what competing devices like the MS Courier and others can do. As no doubt others will be more focused on business use and have Stylus hand writing built in, office programs like word supported etc, as well as doing we browsing, video etc.

Where as the iPad is lacking for my needs as it's focused more on being a multimedia machine for the iPod crowd vs. a business tool.

well i suppose the silver lining is, they can always update the OS. between now and its release theres not reason why they cant add the ability to have multiple apps open, flash, etc. but the hardware will have to wait for the next version, a camera, usb ports...

for those who need a stylus, they do have some that you can buy. well they do for the iphone, i would assume they would work on this.

still, im far from wanting the ipad (still a terrible terrible name), maybe the 3rd or 4th generation will have things worked out.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']If it is SUPER easy to type on then I can see it being somewhat useful.[/QUOTE]

I was reading that bluetooth keyboards are being supported, so you could get one of those for maybe your office where you need to do some typing.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You can't extrapolate a damn thing. 3 years is an eternity in computing. 64GB today will be paltry then (if it's not already damn near obsolete now). You're telling me you're going to wait and see if 3 years from now they have a $300 64GB iPad? Seriously? What do you expect any one person here to tell you about how this device may be in the future? It's not even available for purchase yet and you're already speculating on the price point 3 years from now. Give me a fucking break.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's up your ass but you can extrapolate possibilities. If you could not - reality would not exist. I extrapolated based on what happened with Ipod Touch/Iphone prices and memory. Apple has followed a specific formula. The memory is still small on the low end models of those products and the prices have fallen $100-200. The memory has increased by 4x precisely and I applied 4x to the ipad memory extrapolation...

And when I say 64 gb $300 I am referring to the low end model of the ipad 3 years from now. Going from 16 to 64 is a big increase for the low end. Guess what... the low end Ipod Touch is 8 gb right now... also "paltry" for such a device.

What the hell am I waiting for lol. I'm not waiting on anything specifically. I am just thinking that 3 years from now I might be able to justify buying one of these if the pricepoint gets small and the low end model memory goes up a bit. I am not basing my life or making decisions with this in mind. If I see something better between now and then obviously that will come into the equation. I am just wondering about something. Get a fucking clue and stop crying over someone else's thoughts. You've got something else bothering you which is surfacing here.

Who knows what they'll have 3 years from now. Could be much larger memory increase on the low end model to 128, 256, or 512 gb and only as low as $400. I do think the price will come down as Apple always debut at higher prices and try to reach more mass market eventually. We do know the price will probably fall. So we already know less than $500 and we know the memory will definitely increase. Sadly you cannot see the possibility of predicting this being within the realm of reality.

[quote name='docvinh']I was reading that bluetooth keyboards are being supported, so you could get one of those for maybe your office where you need to do some typing.[/QUOTE]

but youll have to buy an "iStand" because the damn thing doesnt stand up on its own.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']but youll have to buy an "iStand" because the damn thing doesnt stand up on its own.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, good point.:) Hey, I'm not endorsing it or anything, but I can see how some people could use it. This is essentially a netbook for people in the Apple world.

I'd be surprised if a new OS update does not contain flash and multitasking. Of course it will not be free. I just don't see why they did not include those from the get go, maybe just so they could later charge for it and act like they were making improvements. This thing needs it's own OS though.

My only guess is that they're working on it, but they don't have it ready yet and they need to push out the new hardware before more similar tablet PCs come out. Either that or they know they can be lazy and people will buy it anyway.

[quote name='J7.']I'd be surprised if a new OS update does not contain flash and multitasking. Of course it will not be free. I just don't see why they did not include those from the get go, maybe just so they could later charge for it and act like they were making improvements. This thing needs it's own OS though.[/QUOTE]

They probably got rid of multitasking in order to maximize battery life. Allowing multiple apps to run at the same time would drastically cut down their 10-hours.

As for flash, Apple may be intentionally not using it. Flash is a proprietary piece of software, where only Adobe can really make changes for it. The iPhone OS consists of Apple's own code and any libraries it does use are all open source. I'm sure they're not too fond of putting stuff in their Launch units that they themselves can't control.

That, and Flash would effectively kill a large number of Apps.

So, there's potential logic besides laziness. Doesn't mean I really approve of this - a multimedia device that can't do Hulu isn't much of a multimedia device.

[quote name='Salamando3000']They probably got rid of multitasking in order to maximize battery life. Allowing multiple apps to run at the same time would drastically cut down their 10-hours.

As for flash, Apple may be intentionally not using it. Flash is a proprietary piece of software, where only Adobe can really make changes for it. The iPhone OS consists of Apple's own code and any libraries it does use are all open source. I'm sure they're not too fond of putting stuff in their Launch units that they themselves can't control.

That, and Flash would effectively kill a large number of Apps.

So, there's potential logic besides laziness. Doesn't mean I really approve of this - a multimedia device that can't do Hulu isn't much of a multimedia device.[/QUOTE]
Ya I think you're right. I hope they improve the battery so it can eventually do multitasking.

The only real reason I can see myself using one is for textbooks/reading. Instead of carrying around 3+ 1k pages books to classes I just had the ipad. Instead of seeing if I have my Physics or DiffEq books i can just pull out the tablet, can find the correct page for hw, do assignments, throw it back in my backpack w/ a few notebooks and im done.
This can't replace a laptop...which could read my pdfs, so any LED backlit laptop like the macbook pro which could do my M$ word, Maple, Photoshop, and hold my textbooks. its starting to look like, for me, its just best to save for a macbook pro since my macbook is starting to slow down a bit with the new applications im using... blarg. I need a new bag to carry a laptop with me fulltime.

bread's done
Back