Apple news conference today...

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']That was according to the Engadget guys...we'll see for sure once the Apple Store is back up and running.

Crap, I read their updates wrong. The Touch ipod is only 8-16 gig for $300-$400. The standard iPod (like the size the current one is now and WITHOUT touch) has been upgraded to 80-160 gig and the price still stands at $250-$350. I must have been so excited I read that wrong.[/quote]

Oh, that kind of sucks. I was really hoping for an ipod classic or whatever they call with touch. An Ipod nano (basically) with touch is not that enticing anymore, especially with only 8-16 GB of memory. Seems rather like a waste especially when you can find 500 GB drives and up and 160 pocket/laptop drives.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You are getting fucked by Apple. Does your iPod break that much you need a new one every year?[/quote]

Hey, I might dislike Apple for copy others and then making it all of a sudden seem chic, but why all the Apple hate. I've had my Ipod for a long time now 2 years+ and the thing is great. Screen is kind of scratched up, but other than that no issues (I take that back, I've had to format the thing a couple of times due to Itunes, but I just go back to using Itunes 6 and say fuck 7 and I'm good). Battery life is still tremendous. Everything else is still fine.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']As it stands now:

iPod nano with video: 4 GB version-$149
iPod nano with video: 8 GB version-$199

iPod 'Classic' with video: 80 GB version-$249
iPod 'Classic' with video: 160 GB version-$349

iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 8 GB version-$299
iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 16 GB version-$399

iPod Shuffle: 1 GB version-$79.

iPhone: 8 GB version-$399.
iPhone: 4 GB version is gone.[/quote]

I don't see the point of the Ipod Touch, other than just for internet browsing. At 8-16 GB it just isn't that worth it for music or anything else.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']
iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 8 GB version-$299
iPod Touch with wi-fi, etc: 16 GB version-$399
[/QUOTE]

I'll upgrade my 60video when that Touch comes with more storage.

Oh and let that iPhone thing be a lesson. Working in the cellular industry I've learned never to buy any handset at launch. You will either get a handset that is buggy or get cornholed on the price.

160 gigs is amazing. I cant wait to upgrade. Ive got around 90-100 gigs worth of music and tons of movies and shows. Im sick of having to delete and swap stuff on my 30 gig.

okay, iPod touch, now i'm interested.

I'll get it when I can get a 30gig for around $250.

lol @ the iPhone. Guess it isn't doing that hot?

[quote name='Apossum']okay, iPod touch, now i'm interested.

lol @ the iPhone. Guess it isn't doing that hot?[/quote]
yeah, they've only shipped 1 million...

I think the initial price was to test the market... with all the bugs and kinks worked out maybe they realized they can get cheaper and still maintain a profit..

[quote name='DJSteel']I think the initial price was to test the market... with all the bugs and kinks worked out maybe they realized they can get cheaper and still maintain a profit..[/QUOTE]

Not trying to dig at apple, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Companies don't suddenly make massive cuts of this caliber this soon after launch, that I know of. A $100 price cut on both models would've been kinda weird, but this is a "what the fuck" kinda move imho. This is just plain rape for early adopters, plain and simple.

[quote name='Apossum']Not trying to dig at apple, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Companies don't suddenly make massive cuts of this caliber this soon after launch, that I know of. A $100 price cut on both models would've been kinda weird, but this is a "what the fuck" kinda move imho. This is just plain rape for early adopters, plain and simple.[/quote]

dude.. it's Apple.. they've been doing shit for years to make me go wtf...

ROFL. Caught this off another forum.

"Could be worse. You could be an eBay seller with a stash of $200 losses staring you in the face."

So true. :rofl:

The iPod Touch is flash memory, a 30 gig one would cost a boatload from Apple.

Wifi is much better than the crap on my Zune.

Ya blew it with the Wifi Microsoft.

If the the new Zune 2.0 doesn't have 160GB, I will get the the iPod.

I love LOVE the touch, but the 16GB is useless.

i'm sorry man, but I would never buy a phone for over 150... the fact that all these people are buying the iPhone at that price.. to me they are suckers...

Ive heard mostly good reports on the iphone... although this price drop is the EXACT reason I held off of getting one at launch

160GB... OMG... wow, the amount of extra content I can cram on one of those would be astounding (still think my 60 is big)

Ipod Touch... will wait until they have higher capacity and are a little cheaper

Shuffle... still wanting one for gym use as the regular is a little cumbersome

... and I knew the apple haters would come out with this news... 15 years ago Apple Computers was a washed up company... I though it was funny how Microsoft was in the news recently for selling thhier millionth zune, the next sentence after that read how appl sells around a million ipods a WEEK

Wife just switched to an ibook, and loves it, got a free nano with it... similar to the deal I got on my ipod with imac purchase last year

I never in a million years thought they would come out with an iPod with double the space of the 80GB.

Jesus, I can fit a over half of my music collection on a portable device.

I'll have to grab one of these.

[quote name='DJSteel']i'm sorry man, but I would never buy a phone for over 150... the fact that all these people are buying the iPhone at that price.. to me they are suckers...[/quote]

What does the 8gb touch cost? Around 300 dollars. For another 100 dollars i can get a kick ass phone that works and saves me space from having to carry the a phone and an ipod at the same time.

You my friend are the sucker and the idiot.

I'll be picking up the Touch and banking on Apple or some hacker figuring out a way to have wireless iTunes library sharing :p

[quote name='InuFaye']What does the 8gb touch cost? Around 300 dollars. For another 100 dollars i can get a kick ass phone that works and saves me space from having to carry the a phone and an ipod at the same time.

You my friend are the sucker and the idiot.[/quote]

I wouldn't buy a damn touch yet.. not until the hdd get bigger...

[quote name='King']The iPod Touch is flash memory, a 30 gig one would cost a boatload from Apple.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it'll never happen, not in a million years, that's crazy talk, flash memory technology is completely stagnant, what am I thinking?! :lol: no.

[quote name='Kendro']ROFL. Caught this off another forum.

"Could be worse. You could be an eBay seller with a stash of $200 losses staring you in the face."

So true. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:lol: There's little in this world that warms the cockles of my heart more than envisioning a lonely, weeping eBay Power Seller. :lol:

[quote name='shadylane']does anyone know how many movies you can put on a 16 gig or better yet on a 8 gig?[/QUOTE]

I've been encoding OVW wrestling shows for the kids in the wrestling forums for awhile now. Using iMovie to cap and convert for iPod, 48-52 minutes of video is around 300MB. I can't imagine that a full length movie purchased from the iTunes store would be any larger than 650MB. So, you could easily fit 10 full movies onto one 8GB iPod Touch (that's my guess, anyway).

I'm sooo tempted to get a refurbished Iphone for $350 right now. Ohhhh, but I already have a 30 gig Ipod...and an alright phone....aaarhghghgg

for 299... do you want a iPod Touch 8 gig or iPod Classic 80 gig and 50 bucks.. that are my choices for my first iPod ever.

Will the Ipod touch be pretty scratch resistant?

Anyways, I'm selling my old model and I'm gonna pick up the 80 gigger for $250! 30 hours of music, woooo.

stevejobsnq0.jpg

[quote name='Troz1820']fuck Apple! I bought my 4gb iPhone 15 Days ago, just ONE fucking DAY short for the return/pricematch policy! fuckers![/QUOTE]

If you happened to buy it with a Citibank card or a Visa Signature card you might be able to get a refund on the difference. It's 60 days on my Citibank card...unfortunately I bought my iPhone 65 days ago :whistle2:(

well, i like the touch, but id rather just get an iphone. but im not going to get an iphone because they arent on tmobile. sooo, i guess ill just get the creative zen 16gb when it comes out, its 100 less than the 16gb touch.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']iPod Touch is nice, but 16GB...no thanks.[/QUOTE]

QFT!! How I wish they'd upped that, I would've replaced my 3rd gen immediately. Now I'm deciding whether to bite on an iPhone.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, it'll never happen, not in a million years, that's crazy talk, flash memory technology is completely stagnant, what am I thinking?! :lol: no.[/quote]

Er I was just saying it won't happen any time soon as flash memory is expensive.

[quote name='King']Er I was just saying it won't happen any time soon as flash memory is expensive.[/QUOTE]

oh, I know it won't happen soon. Just when it does, I'm all over it :)

Whoa.

I bought 2 iphones at launch so I wasnt gonna let go of $400 so easially....

So I called up apple, and after 40 minutes of flaming their sales department silly,they gave me a $400 itunes store gift card.

Note that they also noted that I have bought 5 computers from tem in the last 3 years - guess they didnt wanna fook with me...

I would prefer the $400 in cash, but itunes store credit is better than nothing.

I need to shut my mouth... was going on and on about the price drop on the iphones... my wife has just headed out to the only AT&T store that is still open to get her one... about 2 weeks after springing for an ibook

I guess I'm the only one that finds the iPhone pretty much useless now. Not because the iPhone is bad, but because they made the iPod touch so good. It is literally an iPhone without the phone and costs $100 cheaper. I already have a cell phone but if I didn't, I'd much prefer getting a free RAZR with a 2 year contract at $30 a month than paying an extra $100 for the iPhone with their basic contract at $60 a month (saving $720 over the course of 2 years). I think Apple realized this as well which is why they dropped it by $200. They made the iPod too good, but I think Steve said something to the extent of, "if someone is going to steal from Apple's business, I'd rather it be Apple."

[quote name='dallow']C'mon Microsoft, announce a 160gb Zune 2.0.....

I want 160GB, and I want a bigger screen, what to do.[/quote]

I'm just waiting for the Microsoft behemoth to really put the afterburners on and go after Apple as they have done with pretty much anything. Google - you've got Live and it's actually pretty damn good, home marketplace/Sony - you've got xbox and Live and they both kick ass. Now I would melt if I could have a Zune with specifications like that. 160GB+ is now what I want in a Zune.

Wow, looks like I am getting myself a new phone tomorrow. Now to figure out how I am going to unlock it. Shouldn't be to hard but I have never done it.

I'm really digging the iPod Touch, but as most have griped the 16gb is basically useless for me. As it stands right now my music library is around 18gb or so, not including any podcasts or videos I might want on there at the time. I think I'll stick with my 30gb video for now.

Awesome. I was about to go out last weekend and pick up a new 80GB 5.5Generation iPod from Best Buy, but now I'll pick up a 180GB iPod Classic this weekend. Finally time to retire my 3rd Generation 20GB iPod.

I'll probably wait for the next generation of iPod touch.
I AM interested in those new nanos...:drool: @ the green and blue ones!!!

[quote name='Prepster']Wow, looks like I am getting myself a new phone tomorrow. Now to figure out how I am going to unlock it. Shouldn't be to hard but I have never done it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it only took hackers 2 months to accomplish this and its still a pain in the ass and most methods are unavailable do to pending lawsuits from AT&T. Good luck with that.

As for the iPhone...don't get me started. I love my iPhone...but pissed at the drop. I'll give Apple a call tomorrow as many people are being offered Money back, gift cards, etc.

bread's done
Back