Are 1.5 PSPs in high demand?

KingCRZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have one and I am not really into the homebrew stuff. it does have 2 dead pixels though. you can only notice them when the screen is entirely white and they are in the bottom left. PM me if interested in buying..

I researched Ebay for the value of 1.5 systems before I updated mine, but there's a flood of them from UK, so you are looking at $250 or so. Wasn't worth it for me, so I just updated my FW, and am now using my PSP a whole lot more than before.

Did you try running the pixel unsticker thingie?

On a side not to your avatar:

Vote.jpg

[quote name='Kendal']Did you try running the pixel unsticker thingie?

On a side not to your avatar:

Vote.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I did not run the pixel unsticker thing? I dont know what that is.

LOL nice picture.

I don't think they're as important as before because every PSP up to 2.6 can now run homebrew, and the dead pixel issue is a deal killer for me. But that's just me.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']I researched Ebay for the value of 1.5 systems before I updated mine, but there's a flood of them from UK, so you are looking at $250 or so. Wasn't worth it for me, so I just updated my FW, and am now using my PSP a whole lot more than before.[/QUOTE]

I would rather just play roms on my pc... thats if i did..... i dont see the point in putting them on the PSP.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I don't think they're as important as before because every PSP up to 2.6 can now run homebrew, and the dead pixel issue is a deal killer for me. But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

1.5 firmware can run ISO.

alright thanks a lot. do they dead pixles really lesson the value of the PSP? I hardly notice them unless the screen is completly white in the background like when you load a game or something.

[quote name='KingCRZ']alright thanks a lot. do they dead pixles really lesson the value of the PSP? I hardly notice them unless the screen is completly white in the background like when you load a game or something.[/QUOTE]

it depends on the individual

edit:
just realized something, this topic is in the wrong forum (TRADING) unless you're actually selling or trading the psp.

[quote name='wbc1228']it depends on the individual

edit:
just realized something, this topic is in the wrong forum (TRADING) unless you're actually selling or trading the psp.[/QUOTE]

I was going to sell it if they were in high demand and if someone wanted to buy it. I wasnt sure though.

[quote name='KingCRZ']I was going to sell it if they were in high demand and if someone wanted to buy it. I wasnt sure though.[/QUOTE]

In the first post, you can suggest a price and see if anyone will bite OR you can ask people to PM you with a price (and sell it if you're happy with the price).

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I don't think they're as important as before because every PSP up to 2.6 can now run homebrew, and the dead pixel issue is a deal killer for me. But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

True, 2.6's can run homebrew but they can't run *all* hombrew apps. Only 1.5's can run 100% of all homebrew. All other firmware versions only run about 75% of all homebrew apps. And also, like someone earlier mentioned, only 1.5's can run UDM iso's too.

And although there isn't anything that can repair dead pixels on your PSP, there are hombrew apps that will fix *stuck* pixels, which is what most of the pixel problems on PSP's are.

New loaders are already out for 1.5 PSP's that let you play legit 2.0+ UMDs plus run homebrew. Soon 1.5's will be able to do everything 2.6's can do and more, so I'd bet the prices of PSP's with 1.50 firmware are going to rise.

Hmmmm....I have a true 1.5 with no dead pixels I have been thinking about selling. I wonder if I should wait. I like the emulators, but I don't give a shit about ISOs.

[quote name='norkusa']True, 2.6's can run homebrew but they can't run *all* hombrew apps. Only 1.5's can run 100% of all homebrew. All other firmware versions only run about 75% of all homebrew apps. And also, like someone earlier mentioned, only 1.5's can run UDM iso's too.

And although there isn't anything that can repair dead pixels on your PSP, there are hombrew apps that will fix *stuck* pixels, which is what most of the pixel problems on PSP's are.

New loaders are already out for 1.5 PSP's that let you play legit 2.0+ UMDs plus run homebrew. Soon 1.5's will be able to do everything 2.6's can do and more, so I'd bet the prices of PSP's with 1.50 firmware are going to rise.[/QUOTE]

do you think i will get any value for mine with the 2 dead pixels?

[quote name='KingCRZ']do you think i will get any value for mine with the 2 dead pixels?[/QUOTE]

Sure, there are people that could care less about a couple dead pixels, so I bet you'd still get a decent price for your PSP. Try running one of those stuck pixel fixers applications first though and see if you can get rid of them.

[quote name='norkusa']Sure, there are people that could care less about a couple dead pixels, so I bet you'd still get a decent price for your PSP. Try running one of those stuck pixel fixers applications first though and see if you can get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

where do i find one of those at? sorry i am new to the PSP game and LCD screens.

bread's done
Back