Are GBA SP still being made? Rare new now?

P dad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have not seen a GBA SP new for a few months and see really high prices on GBA SP units now in auctions???
Anyone know what the deal is, as I was hoping to get a new one: in case future DS's don't have the GBA slot...

Damn... they're going for $120 new. Even more!

Now I'm kicking myself for not getting that NES Classic GBA SP.

Doesn't look like it, most likely only homebrew.
clearshim.gif
[SIZE=-1]Codes & Cheats 2008 Spring Edition[/SIZE] Platform: GBA Publisher: Prima Publishing ESRB: Rating Pending
That's it on gamestop and that for many systems including GBA, it's a strategy guide.

nintendo said back in august (I believe, possibly earlier) that they had officially stopped making gba and all it's models, products and games.

but you can still find gba sp's new in big chain stores like best buy, wal-mart and target.

I need to grab one of the ones with the newer screens before they vanish. Did those only come in metallic blue and metallic pink?

[quote name='SL4IN']nintendo said back in august (I believe, possibly earlier) that they had officially stopped making gba and all it's models, products and games.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Halo05']I need to grab one of the ones with the newer screens before they vanish. Did those only come in metallic blue and metallic pink?[/quote]

Ditto.

I believe they also came in a charcoal black finish.

I have that charcoal-ish color. I'm keeping mine because of the GC-GBA connectivity, and if the rumors are true, the next DS model will be without GBA support anyway..

Yea every big box store around me has tons of them. If the rumor is true, why would nintendo take the gba slot off the ds? Only reason I can think is cost and I am not sure this is the greatest idea if they do eliminate it.

[quote name='SL4IN']nintendo said back in august (I believe, possibly earlier) that they had officially stopped making gba and all it's models, products and games.

but you can still find gba sp's new in big chain stores like best buy, wal-mart and target.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I've spoken to my Nintendo rep and his boss several times and GBA SP's are discontinued and It's only a matter of time before stores finally start to sell off of them. I'm just surprised there wasn't another black Friday deal this year at such a low price to rid of them.

Unshockingly GBA's are still selling here and there according to vgchartz, so I'm sure people with less money will clearing out the GBA inventory as well and it will be only a matter of time before GBA games and GBA SPs can only be found at your wonderful used video game store.

[quote name='rmb']Yea every big box store around me has tons of them. If the rumor is true, why would nintendo take the gba slot off the ds? Only reason I can think is cost and I am not sure this is the greatest idea if they do eliminate it.[/QUOTE]

I think it has more to do with making the system even slimmer as opposed to a cost issue. Like a hilarious doctored photo shows, the DS prints money, I don't think Nintendo is scrambling for ways to cut costs on it ala Sony.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']This is a bit off topic but I was curious and didn't wanna make a separate topic just to ask. Did they stop making GBA games?[/quote]pretty on topic if you ask me.. but i'm going to say no. Spyro: Eternal Night might be among the last ones. we're in the twilight now.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... they're going for $120 new. Even more!

Now I'm kicking myself for not getting that NES Classic GBA SP.[/QUOTE]
That's the one I have. I got mine a year or two ago for like $90 on ebay. And it came with three games.

[quote name='Wolfkin']pretty on topic if you ask me.. but i'm going to say no. Spyro: Eternal Night might be among the last ones. we're in the twilight now.[/QUOTE]

That game is freakin' gold. I can't believe it doesn't get talked about more. Very much worth taking a look at via youtube if you're even remotely interested in platforming action games.

bread's done
Back