are there any planned uses for the camera?

aniousjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
besides the few arcade games that use it to show your face, totemball, and r6:v, is there any games that'll plan on using this? oh, and forgot the 360 version of the rayman's rabbid game. but other than that?

The least used product ever. So many games could be using this function. I recently got Tetris Evolution. If there was one game that would benefit, it would have been that one as you play multiplayer watching the faces of your enemies cringe.

Instead, all we have is Uno and the occasional guy who enjoys to play in his underwear.

i wonder what the heck i'm doin' w/ it anyways. photo sending's crap. i don't ever do a video conversation w/ anyone, and i doubt i'll get any more use out it than the games i had mentioned in the first post...

i thought more games would've used it like r6:v, but i'm guessing this accessory'll be this gen's nintendo modem adapter, lol

[quote name='thrustbucket']bewbs in uno and bewb mail isn't good enough?[/quote]

never seen 'em, but for all the female one's i haven't seen, there's probably 2x male one's i haven't seen either. i consider that a fair trade. lol... but whatev :roll:

I really dont know what you could use it for other then really stupid stuff. This thing isn't a wii. I have it because it was on sale and I was playing a lot of R6 when it was on sale for 29.99 so i just got it to look cool online. Needless to say i looked stupid but maybe that isn't the cameras fault.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']This thing isn't a wii.[/quote]

as much as i didn't expect it to be, you still might be on to something...

No. It's essentially a useless piece of crap. I suppose it's kind of nice for my custom pic, but nobody can see that except my friends, on their Xboxes.

UNO is alot of fun. But it's just one game. Calling Totemball a "game" is a crime against humanity.

So yeah, worthless POS -- oh yeah, I guess I like the dashboard effects. Those are pretty neat.

The camera is also very mediocre, so it can't be used very well at all. It's laggy and jinky and glitchy. Add to that how MSoft dropped the multi-user vidchat feature that even the old Xbox had, and you get yet another huge step back for MSoft. *sigh*

Well...that new "revolutionary" instant messaging device that the 360 will probably give use to the camera (so you can talk to some of those people, ya know those that "want cha" haha)

anyways, why no love for uno (w/ camera) lmao

Heres hoping the new Smackdown vs Raw will have face scanning like R6 and Tiger. I dont see why all games with custom dont have this feature

[quote name='Foo228']Well...that new "revolutionary" instant messaging device that the 360 will probably give use to the camera (so you can talk to some of those people, ya know those that "want cha" haha)[/QUOTE]
Wanna bet?

It won't.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wanna bet?

It won't.[/quote]

boost usage, maybe, but only for a little while. note to self, don't get keyboard accessory;)

Yeah that camera was the biggest waste of 40 bucks I've ever spent. If only I could go back in time and simply tell myself not to buy it...

[quote name='Rig']I expected it to be as useful as my Eyetoy is/was.

I use my Eyetoy as my computer's webcam.[/quote]

i thought about using my 360 camera as a webcam... and yes, i expected it to be much like an eyetoy, myself

[quote name='aniousjoe']i thought about using my 360 camera as a webcam... and yes, i expected it to be much like an eyetoy, myself[/quote]I can't get the damn vision cam to work in Windows, especially with Yahoo Messenger. It detects the camera, but there's no picture. Even through the control panel, it says everything is working right, but I've still had no luck getting it to work.

Only two companies seem to be behind it: EA and Ubisoft. And by behind it, I mean slightly including it as unnecessary, but okay addition.

A couple of arcade games are scheduled to use it. Microsoft billed it as a way to video chat with granny while you two play Uno over Xbox Live.

[quote name='terribledeli']Microsoft billed it as a way to video chat with granny while you two play Uno over Xbox Live.[/quote]

OMG......Naked grannies playing UNO.........:puke:

Luckily I paid $40 for the cam, UNO, Robotron, 200 MS points, and 12 months of XBL. I definitely don't regret getting it, but I certainly wish it had some uses besides adding a cool dashboard effect.

Also the webcame is very poorly compatible. Doesn't work on stickam for me. Haven't tried YouTube or anything. Yahoo is alright, but I don't vidchat with anyone there.

I just did a review for the Xbox Live Camera bundle over @ destructoid
(and also put it on digg)

imo, unless you are getting the cam with a bundle or something, its not really worth it, that is unless you were looking into buying yourself a pc/mac web cam, in which it doubles as one as well

[quote name='PyroGamer']Yahoo is alright, but I don't vidchat with anyone there.[/quote]Did you have to fiddle any within Yahoo Messenger or in Windows to get it working? I must be doing something wrong, 'cause I can't get it to transmit.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Did you have to fiddle any within Yahoo Messenger or in Windows to get it working? I must be doing something wrong, 'cause I can't get it to transmit.[/quote]

My camera works fine with MSN messenger. All I did was plug the camera to my computer, right away something downloaded and my MSN messenger was able to use my camera. I like the camera, it is useful if you have friends that want to see you while you chat.

I guess most people here dont have friends overseas. In my case I have a friend in England and it is cool to chat on xbox live with the camera.

I have some god news, though it may be longterm.

A long ass while ago (probably 3 or 4 months ago... ok not too long) Bill Gates was interviewed and asked about the future of the camera. he said that Microsoft is doing a ton of R&D on how to incorporate motion control... something like playing baseball using only the camera or other things. From the way he was talking, it sounded mostly like Microsoft was doing this to compete with Wii motion control. He said MS is pushing companies to really use the camera as much as they can.

Also, I think the mystery Chess game that will never come out uses the camera.

Glad to hear Tiger is using it, but it seems silly that ALL sports games are not using it. That's one area where it simply makes sense.

[quote name='elwood731']Glad to hear Tiger is using it, but it seems silly that ALL sports games are not using it. That's one area where it simply makes sense.[/QUOTE]

plus about 25% to 50% of XBLA games.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I need a webcam for my class, does anybody recommend this for my pc as well as my 360. I'd prob get the bundle anywho.[/quote]It seems to be quite functional with the PC (save for my troubles with Yahoo Messenger) so it's probably your best bet. You get 360 and PC use with one device.

For those that use it with PC, is the green light supposed to be on the whole time? When I plug mine in, it turns on, but then shuts off.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It seems to be quite functional with the PC (save for my troubles with Yahoo Messenger) so it's probably your best bet. You get 360 and PC use with one device.

For those that use it with PC, is the green light supposed to be on the whole time? When I plug mine in, it turns on, but then shuts off.[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to put a little time into it you can use an Eyetoy as a webcam easily... it also works as a micraphone.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Yeah that camera was the biggest waste of 40 bucks I've ever spent. If only I could go back in time and simply tell myself not to buy it...[/QUOTE]
If I could go back in time, I don't think that would make my list. ;)

I reviewed Rayman 360 for Official Xbox Mag. The Vision camera functionality isn't horrible, but it feels very flaily -- not like the controlled chaos of the Wii version.

[quote name='aniousjoe']let you map your face on your character... i think that's it[/QUOTE]

It's pretty damn impressive, though. It looked much closer to reality than anything I've made in Tony Hawk or Tiger Woods games. Also beats any face map I've done with the Eyetoy.

[quote name='ViolentLee']It's pretty damn impressive, though. It looked much closer to reality than anything I've made in Tony Hawk or Tiger Woods games. Also beats any face map I've done with the Eyetoy.[/quote]

impressive, but to me, not so much essential or useful. just cool, really :drool:

WTF??????????????????

Pinball FX:

en Studios’ new “Pinball FX” offers a unique pinball experience for novice and expert gamers. It combines the arcade thrills of traditional pinball with enhanced gameplay and exciting, innovative features not found in any other pinball game. Gamers may control the flippers with their hand or arm motions using the Xbox LIVE Vision Camera or simply use the standard Xbox 360 controller. Pinball FX sets a new standard for realistic ball physics and graphical detail in pinball video games.

Dude thats sweet, Yea I think I'll get the 360 camera as I'll use it on my PC as well, a two for one deal. They've showed a few motion capture stuff at the last E3 and I think the potential is there, lets hope Microsoft sees this as a great chance to make great interactive games while competing with the Wii.

bread's done
Back