Are you buying Warhawk?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yup. I prefer physical copies to digitally distributed ones.[/quote]

I want to touch it...smell it....caress it against my body..... LOL :booty:

i might buy a ps3 for this. I played warhawk beta at a friend house and i really like it a lot. I am trying to win a 20gig ps3 for less than $400 shipped on ebay. I hope I can get it less than that by the time warhawk is out.

[quote name='postaboy']i might buy a ps3 for this. I played warhawk beta at a friend house and i really like it a lot. I am trying to win a 20gig ps3 for less than $400 shipped on ebay. I hope I can get it less than that by the time warhawk is out.[/quote]

is there sign ups for "betas"

No interesting as of now, but good word of mouth could change that. The absence of a single-player mode basically killed my initial interest.

I will buy retail, but not really sure when yet. I want to get it on release, but I got a lot of other stuff to buy (like a few PS2 RPGs I'll probably never play).

I'm waiting to read some reviews, but I'm a big fan of Battlefield-style gameplay so I'm very interested. If I end up buying it, I'll get the bundle over the download.

What's this TRU pricing mistake?

[quote name='Fuzzibunny']I want to touch it...smell it....caress it against my body..... LOL :booty:[/quote]:lol: Seriously, it's just the mess that XBLA games have caused with system lockouts and everything should you switch systems. I know the PSN is a little better allowing you five downloads per account, but I find it much easier to actually have the disc on hand should some odd glitch happen akin to the system lock-out on 360s.

Avoiding this game because i'll prob be too busy with quake wars anyway and they shafted me on the beta. Oh yeah, and also it's $40 =p.... a bit too hefty for a downloadable game.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']No, I thought the game was pretty weak. I also hated the on foot stuff. I just wanted air combat.[/QUOTE]You probably sucked, and I probably killed you. Twice.

[quote name='Fuzzibunny']is there a game out there yet that use the contolers motion sensor yet?[/QUOTE]

you can fly with motion in warhawk

I put down a maybe.

I really enjoyed the beta, but I'm not sure if I'll get much from the full version. I'll probably cave and buy the PSN version at some point though, because I already have a bluetooth headset.

[quote name='metaly']What's this TRU pricing mistake?[/quote]
They had it on their site for $39.99 and it was the bundle sku. I pre-ordered it from there only because of the $20 savings ($15 after shipping) and have yet to see a cancelation email come through.

This is my style of game, with the little amount of gaming-time I have I want something that I can pick up and get right into the action for 20 - 30 minutes. Also, I love Battlefield 2 and those types of games so this was a no-brainer for me.

[quote name='Fuzzibunny']is there a game out there yet that use the contolers motion sensor yet?[/quote]Just about every PS3 game out there makes use of the motion sensors.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']No, I thought the game was pretty weak. I also hated the on foot stuff. I just wanted air combat.[/quote]

You do realize there are servers where everytime you respawn you respawn into a Warhawk, and all there is is Air Combat fighting against other Warhawks?

[quote name='Fuzzibunny']is there a game out there yet that use the contolers motion sensor yet?[/QUOTE]

Most use it in some way. Fl0w and Motorstorm probably are the few that use it has a main control scheme.

No. My first problem is that it's online only. I personally really like a SP campaign in a game, HOWEVER, if it were cheap enough then I'd purchase it. My other issue is that it is not cheap enough. I think it was confirmed at $40 for the DL and $60 for the bundle? Sorry, but that's a bit much. I am cheap in some respects and this is one of them. If the game isn't everything that I want (no SP), then it had better be pretty cheap. THat's just me though.

Oh and the last issue that I have is that I seem to get disconnected quite a bit with the PSN. I never have a problem with XboxLive and have been a subscriber for years with gen1 and now 360. I like the PS3, and LOVE that the online is free, but it needs improvement before I'll consider spending hard earned cash on online only games and having such problems online.

[quote name='IMTHEONEKILLINU']No. My first problem is that it's online only. I personally really like a SP campaign in a game, HOWEVER, if it were cheap enough then I'd purchase it. My other issue is that it is not cheap enough. I think it was confirmed at $40 for the DL and $60 for the bundle? Sorry, but that's a bit much. I am cheap in some respects and this is one of them. If the game isn't everything that I want (no SP), then it had better be pretty cheap. THat's just me though.[/QUOTE]Strange about being disconnected because I rarely am. The only game I get disconnected from is Calling All Cars at times, but that's because of my terrible internet connection (which will be solved soon).

Nope.

Sorry. Not interested in being a moving (and repeatedly gibbed) target in a game with no single player campaign.

[quote name='IMTHEONEKILLINU']No. My first problem is that it's online only. I personally really like a SP campaign in a game, HOWEVER, if it were cheap enough then I'd purchase it. My other issue is that it is not cheap enough. I think it was confirmed at $40 for the DL and $60 for the bundle? Sorry, but that's a bit much. I am cheap in some respects and this is one of them. If the game isn't everything that I want (no SP), then it had better be pretty cheap. THat's just me though.

Oh and the last issue that I have is that I seem to get disconnected quite a bit with the PSN. I never have a problem with XboxLive and have been a subscriber for years with gen1 and now 360. I like the PS3, and LOVE that the online is free, but it needs improvement before I'll consider spending hard earned cash on online only games and having such problems online.[/quote]

Do you have a linksys router? If so turn off that one thing where it constantly searches for a computer to stream media and that should fix your problem (turn that off anyway).

Just picked up a Jabra BT500 headset today at Fry's for $30. (Price is good through 8/14 if anyone cares.) Thanks to that, plus the realization that the retail version will hog the disc slot, I'm leaning towards just getting the PSN version.

Still waiting on reviews before making my final decision, though.

Hm... I'm wondering if the disc version can simply install the game to play on the HD, but the extras are only available with the disc in.

If it turns out there's an install option on the retail version, I'd change my mind in an instant. (I like having a case/manual/etc. anyway.) Plus then a second player could use the bundled headset, I guess?

I'm thinking it's unlikely the retail version will run discless though, unless they include some way to prevent people from just installing it on a bunch of friends' PS3s.

[quote name='metaly']If it turns out there's an install option on the retail version, I'd change my mind in an instant. (I like having a case/manual/etc. anyway.) Plus then a second player could use the bundled headset, I guess?

I'm thinking it's unlikely the retail version will run discless though, unless they include some way to prevent people from just installing it on a bunch of friends' PS3s.[/quote]

Nope, no install option for the retail version:

QUESTION: If I buy the retail version, do I have to have the Blu-ray in my PS3 to run Warhawk?

ANSWER: Yes…”Reluctant Hero” asked about this Wednesday but sorry man…but hey, one of the many advantages of the BD is that when you power-up your PS3, you can boot directly into the game.

bread's done
Back