Are you ever too lazy to open your disk-drive?

PyroGamer

Banned
I am all the time.

I've been thinking about playing some Oblivion for the past week, but I always just end up playing Crackdown again, simply because I don't feel like opening the tray and putting in Oblivion.

Sometimes I'll even play arcade games simply because I'm desperate for some variety, but don't want to stand up and open the disk drive.

I've spoken to a friend, and he says he does the same thing, so I figured I'd make a thread about it.

not really, but i wish there were 2 options on the dashboard instead of just one...you know when you boot up your 360 and there's a disc already inside and it gives you the opttion to "play game" on the dashboard? i wish it would have an option for "open tray" as well...the only time it has the "open tray" option is when there is no disc at all :(

[quote name='secretvampire']That is uhhhh...kinda pathetic. And that is putting it nicely.[/QUOTE]
CheapyD and Wombat do it too. They talked about it on the latest podcast. It was amazing because I was just thinking about how pathetic it is, and here they are talking about the exact same thing.

And then when I ask a friend he says he does the same thing.

So yeah. I'm not alone on this. I know it.

[quote name='swetooth9']not really, but i wish there were 2 options on the dashboard instead of just one...you know when you boot up your 360 and there's a disc already inside and it gives you the opttion to "play game" on the dashboard? i wish it would have an option for "open tray" as well...the only time it has the "open tray" option is when there is no disc at all :([/QUOTE]
I'm always pissed by that too.

They could just make it so pressing "Y" will open the tray, and "A" will select the "play game" option as normal.

C'mon guys. You're basically the poster children for lazy ass gamers. Go check out LAG.com for more lazy ass tips. They might even show you how to design a hook to press the open/close button and to change the discs without ever having to walk your lazy ass ten feet to the console.

I do this exact same thing. My reasoning is that my couch is on one side of the room, and the 360 is on the other. It's not an easy stretch anymore. ;)

Jeez, because it takes like 3 hours just to get up and change a disc. Some of you guys need to go out and exercise more often. I mean do you watch the same movie over and over again just because it's the last movie that was in your DVD player?

[quote name='CAG 79']I mean do you watch the same movie over and over again just because it's the last movie that was in your DVD player?[/QUOTE]

Well... I watched Serenity 3 times in a row.

[quote name='CAG 79']Jeez, because it takes like 3 hours just to get up and change a disc. Some of you guys need to go out and exercise more often. I mean do you watch the same movie over and over again just because it's the last movie that was in your DVD player?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I watch TV because I don't want to put a DVD in the player.

But I never leave my movies sitting in my DVD player, so I don't have that problem.

I exercise three days a week, I walk everywhere, and bike where I can't walk. I'm very much in shape, but I'm just extremely lazy.

I will admit to this. In our defense, the time when we sit down to play a game probably is the laziest point in any of our days. In my damnation, all my games are hooked up to my computer monitor, and every system is within arm's reach of my desk chair. All my games are stored in CD wallets that are also all within arm's reach. Yup - don't even have to get up.

I will say that this probably has more to do with the thought process of picking out a different game or starting something new more than the physical process of changing the disc. It happens most often with games like GTA, Saint's Row, and Crackdown (in other words, games like GTA), that are just easy to have fun with without actually doing anything. I can't believe I don't like RPGs.

No, I'm not fat.

[quote name='AshesofWake']holy shit, im getting me one of those[/QUOTE]
? so u can watch the tray open and close from the other end of the room?

sometimes im too lazy to change games yes... but then again im too lazy to play in general, sleep takes over.

Why do you want to open the tray from the console? You have to go by it to put the disc in anyway.

I always thought that "eject" buttons on remotes for CD/DVD players was a pretty pointless idea.

I dare say half the hours I have in Battlefield 2 is because I didn't feel like changing the game out of my console.

[quote name='secretvampire']That is uhhhh...kinda pathetic. And that is putting it nicely.[/QUOTE]

Pathetic is calling people Pathetic over something trivial.

Hence I'm a hypocrite. :)

I've never been to lazy to open the disk drive, but I do like how the Wii lets you put in and take out games while the system is off. To turn the Wii on I usually put in a game, then when I finish I turn it off, then go over to the Wii and take out the game. I wish the 360 could do that.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I am all the time.

I've been thinking about playing some Oblivion for the past week, but I always just end up playing Crackdown again, simply because I don't feel like opening the tray and putting in Oblivion.

Sometimes I'll even play arcade games simply because I'm desperate for some variety, but don't want to stand up and open the disk drive.

I've spoken to a friend, and he says he does the same thing, so I figured I'd make a thread about it.[/quote]
Wow. I do the exact same thing. There are times where I want to play a game and I sit down, get all nice and comfortable, and then I'm like "Aww man... I have to get up and go open the disk tray."

I'm the same way. I usually change the game out once a week. For the most part I'll play XBLA to get a quick fix.

we are spoiled by the wireless controller and its ability to turn on the 360. if i'm not having fun i'm not going to just play whatever.

Not usually, but once in a while if the game involved is Gears of War, I won't bother - the collector's edition is really annoying to get the disc from/put the disc back in.

I agree the thought of not wanting to bother in general is related to the wireless controller.

[quote name='JJSP']The DVD remote opens the disc tray. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but then you need to use the remote.

I have been thinking about getting a remote though so I don't have to hold down the guide button for five seconds to turn off the console.

Yes and no. If there is a game in the tray that I don't want to play and I'm feeling slightly lazy I'll play an arcade game or two before getting up to switch the discs.

this is one of the reasons i like my modded xbox, i just put all my games on the hard drive so i don't have to worry about changing the discs, it also saves wear and tear on the dvd drive.

Well, my Harmony remote opens the drive for me. I actually EJECT the game EVERY time before I play. It seems to help with DDE for some reason (as I hold down "A" each time also). It may just be me, but I think I've only had 1 or 2 since I've ben doing it.

And no, I get up to play a game I want. However, sometimes I pop a Arcade game on....since no other games sound as great and for time constraints (arcade games are almost play and go)

[quote name='akilshohen']they just need to make a multi disk console[/quote]

Then a million people will complain when the changer breaks down.

[quote name='akilshohen']they just need to make a multi disk console[/QUOTE]

I remember a few years back I thought that Sony should add PS2 hardware to their 300 DVD changer, that would be awesome! Still think it would be a good idea with the new consoles.

imagine:
xbox 360
w/hd dvd player
w/300 dvd changer

lol that wouldn't be too bad they'd deffiently just make it like a 10 dvd changer.

Well, I hate changing disks mainly because my system is low to the ground and the floor in front of it is messy, so I kind of have to hunch down awkwardly to get to it.

My most pathetically lazy habit is watching movies/shows that I own on live TV just because I am too lazy to go and dig out the DVD.

Ummm.....nope, I won't play a game I'm not planning to use just because it's in the drive. I get up and change it out. It's not that far of a walk...:)

bread's done
Back