Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

[quote name='GoVols']is this game good?[/QUOTE]

I think every review gave it 9/10 at the very least. Many were 95/100 or better.

Unless another game comes out literally perfect, this game seems a sure win for GOTY.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I see batman has already brought the comic book geek in ya. I think you forgot the old batman sound effects though *POW*[/QUOTE]
Nah But if anything I've definitely been looking forward to the game, though the bs WB pulled with the Catwoman content(and the whole 3 page fold out "manual") is still fresh in my mind and WILL influence my next purchase of a game from them.

Well I decided to call tonight instead of tomorrow. Seriously what kind of clusterfuck are they running?

According to the CS there not allowed to sell the item before the street date set by the manufaucter thats why it wasn't shipped and that it won't until then. I calmy explain the street date is today and it should ship. According to her no it isn't. I say I was just at a Walmart and they had copies for sale that today is the street date. Reply, Nope it isn't. I ask whats the street date then. Reply, the 18th. Which I say is today. According to her no it isn't. I then ask then what is todays date then? I get a moment of silence then the she irrates "They can't ship them out until the street date." I ask so then why are other people who ordered it already received theirs? Her reply, "We could not have shipped them out before the street date, so I must be obviously lying about that." Her exact words I shit you not. I then get pissed and ask to speak to a supervisor, she says fine puts me on hold and then I 'conveniently' get disconnected.:hot:

Now I was calm and polite the whole time just pointing out those huge gaps of truth I was beening fed. until she called me a liar. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. You screw up my order, lie to me, then insult me. Does anyone know where I can contact corperate about this?

[quote name='confoosious']Awwq crap. The CE doesn't have a game case? I somehow totally missed that.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget that WB also did this with the DC Universe Online CE. So I guess that would be fair warning for any future CE's from them.

Missed out on the preorder deal online, for being hella lazy lol. but went to pick up the bundle at my walmart store, and they had plenty left, i got the 360 version and it says GOTY edition in silver platinum hits case, no mention of 3-D or glasses. . . .hmmm.... anyways, so you guys think its possible for me to go to Kmart later this week and pick up their copy of Arkham City and get the $30 coupon, and return them the walmart one on Monday? lol

[quote name='EdblD718']Missed out on the preorder deal online, for being hella lazy lol. but went to pick up the bundle at my walmart store, and they had plenty left, i got the 360 version and it says GOTY edition in silver platinum hits case, no mention of 3-D or glasses. . . .hmmm.... anyways, so you guys think its possible for me to go to Kmart later this week and pick up their copy of Arkham City and get the $30 coupon, and return them the walmart one on Monday? lol[/QUOTE]

No the Walmart ones are not sealed, shrink warpped in the bundle and they won't except different SKU.

Just got home from work, expected to find my fedex package with batman in it. Only to find 2 packages with 2 copies of batman. Lol.

My Wally order still says "processing" and I don't see the charge on my card, so I just went to Walmart and bought one. I've been trying to cancel the online order. The support guy on the phone said he can submit an "intent to cancel" and if it's successfully cancelled, I'll get an email. Personally, I think that's a pretty "differently abled" system.

So fedex left the package on my back door instead of my front. Well the dog was outside and ripped it open and chewed through the case and at part of some advertisement insert for batman year one and chewed the case all up. Luckily he left the catwoman code alone. The code for that gotham beta game I'm pretty sure it ate or it blew away unless it didn't come with the walmart edition I'm going to call fedex tody and be like wtf.
To the side of my front door is two bushes but instead they decided to open a chain link fence and put it in my back yard and thats unless they just pitched it over the fence into the back yard. The GOTY thing just have teeth marks in the case and everything else is good and Arkham City's disc was fine so I could play it last night.

I didn't preorder, so I went to walmart to see if they had any bundles left. They had quite a few left for ps3 and xbox. I ended up getting the ps3 bundle and FIFA 12. I put them on layaway till Christmas. It's just around the corner.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Lol with all this talk is anyone actually playing the game?[/QUOTE]
No.:cry: I've been falling asleep by around 11pm-midnight recently so it's been sitting here unplayed since I picked it up early Tuesday morning.:whistle2:#

[quote name='DurbanBrown']You can buy the bundle for $60 instore?? I may go at lunch if this is true. Can anyone confirm????[/QUOTE]

Yes. While supplies last. It's bundle only. GC was online preorder and is no longer available.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No.:cry: I've been falling asleep by around 11pm-midnight recently so it's been sitting here unplayed since I picked it up early Tuesday morning.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

hopefully i can get some play in before BF3 comes out next week!! This is the first shooter I have actually enjoyed playing online EVER.

Has anyone picked up the bundle yet? i was wondering if it is the regular Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, with no "Not For Resale" sign instead of UPC and with the glasses, etc.

[quote name='JP73']Has anyone picked up the bundle yet? i was wondering if it is the regular Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, with no "Not For Resale" sign instead of UPC and with the glasses, etc.[/QUOTE]

they put a sticker on the PLASTIC thats says not for resale. You can remove it and it does not rip anything since it on the plastic. Basically they took whatever they had in stock and stuck this sticker on the plastic. The UPC is still there and comes with glasses

[quote name='audilover']they put a sticker on the PLASTIC thats says not for resale. You can remove it and it does not rip anything since it on the plastic. Basically they took whatever they had in stock and stuck this sticker on the plastic. The UPC is still there and comes with glasses[/QUOTE]

It should be noted; if youre up to no good and thinking you can no receipt return it, it's not shrink wrapped. :)

I didn't preorder, so I went to walmart to see if they had any bundles left. They had quite a few left for ps3 and xbox. I ended up getting the ps3 bundle and FIFA 12. I put them on layaway till Christmas.

[quote name='JP73']Has anyone picked up the bundle yet? i was wondering if it is the regular Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, with no "Not For Resale" sign instead of UPC and with the glasses, etc.[/QUOTE]

It has been reported that the bundles with AA in a red case do come with the 3D glasses, but some people have found a few bundles with AA in a clear case and have said they DO NOT come with the glasses.

So I ordered 2 copies from Walmart. One got a delivery exception because stupid Fed Ex can't deliver without the company name on the ship to. I always ship to work. I called Walmart to change the rest of my order and add the name and they cant do it without cancelling. I ordered a second copy and that hasnt shipped.

Count me in the group that also got two bundles. One was an order that I asked to have canceled when they offered free and faster shipping than my original order. Going to keep a closer eye on my credit card balance for the next few days but I really doubt they'll charge me for it.

Went to a Walmart at lunch today to pick this up and they did not have ANY for PS3 or 360.

I tried to look up on line to see if others have it, but it only has the regular version and it says that it cannot be checked for site inventory.

Does anyone else know a way?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Templar Sage']It has been reported that the bundles with AA in a red case do come with the 3D glasses, but some people have found a few bundles with AA in a clear case and have said they DO NOT come with the glasses.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats what I got PS3 bundle in clear case with red label and no glasses.

[quote name='WonkyToad']Went to a Walmart at lunch today to pick this up and they did not have ANY for PS3 or 360.

I tried to look up on line to see if others have it, but it only has the regular version and it says that it cannot be checked for site inventory.

Does anyone else know a way?[/QUOTE]
Didn't have it or didn't have it out? I ask because they had them locked up till about 20 to midnight the other night when I got mine. Although if your store is in a busy area/big metro area they may have already sold out.

Best bet is to simply ask one of the employees if they have any of the Arkham City bundles and to check the back for you. They may just have them sitting in the back if no one else has showed up asking for it yet.

Good luck either way.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Didn't have it or didn't have it out? I ask because they had them locked up till about 20 to midnight the other night when I got mine. Although if your store is in a busy area/big metro area they may have already sold out.

Best bet is to simply ask one of the employees if they have any of the Arkham City bundles and to check the back for you. They may just have them sitting in the back if no one else has showed up asking for it yet.

Good luck either way.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I asked the employee and she knew exactly what I was talking about. She even described to 2pack to me. She said she worked yesterday and they had them all out across the bottom of the lock cases then. We all looked and could not find any.

I called and they said Walmart is not evening shipping mine out till the 20th and expected delivery on the 26th. God they suck.

Well this is interesting. Walmart shipped my bundle and gave me a working tracking number, but looking at my account activity, I don't see a hold or a charge for the item. Conversely, the order I placed this morning, already shows up as a hold. Ponderous.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Bleep, the one I cancelled online just shipped. What a lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, online ordering system.[/QUOTE]

Mine too!

Man, I had no idea they were stiffing people with shipping like this. Mine got here on release day, and according to the tracking number was held at my post office for like three days.

Sorry to hear all of this. Hope they make shit right.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Man, I had no idea they were stiffing people with shipping like this. Mine got here on release day, and according to the tracking number was held at my post office for like three days.

Sorry to hear all of this. Hope they make shit right.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is... mine shipped from a warehouse no more than 20 miles away from my house. I mean, awesome that it'll get it faster hopefully, but come on. Why did it take an extra week to pack and ship?

Spoke to Walmart again to see why fed ex wouldnt deliver. Turns out Walmart shipped it with no name at all on it and just an address. They blamed Fed Ex for not putting the name on their but really Fed Ex just prints what Walmart sends them. So Walmart tells me I mush not have put my name and I said how the hell would I even be able to place the order with out my name?

"crickets"

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lmao someone in the ny craigslist section is trying to sell this bundle for 77$ claiming that you are "basically getting batman aa for free !" How sad[/QUOTE]

Cash is king, bitch and profit isn't a dirty word.

:beer:

bread's done
Back