Arrested Development The Movie

You know, honestly, I'm not so sure I want this to happen.

AD is one of my favorite shows ever, EVER, but they tied everything up so neatly at the end that I'm hesitant to see where'd they'd take it. I mean, the ending was perfect, everyone ended up where they should be, and the story arc was over. Where do you go from there?

Believe me, if it happens, I'll be there day one, but I'm just... not so sure... it's a good idea.

I just took my girlfriend through the wonderful experience of watching Arrested Development. We just watched the series finale on Saturday night where he says "I don't see it as a series. Maybe a movie."

That'd be spectacular.

dont get me wrong, i love arrested development and ill go see the movie. but id rather they bring the series back or not make the movie, im just not sure what they need to tie up in a 2 hour flick.

If this true that is great. However I kinda don't want there to be a movie. Because I like it when a series dies with it's dignity still intact and I just have this fear that the movie will suck.

I think a movie could work. Just make it an lengthy epilogue possibly centered around George Sr.'s trial for "light treason"

[quote name='klwillis45']I think a movie could work. Just make it an lengthy epilogue possibly centered around George Sr.'s trial for "light treason"[/quote]

George Sr.'s trial for 'light' treason was the basis for the entire run of the show. By the end,
all charges were completely dropped, so George is free and clear. So, yeah, that's not really going to work.

[quote name='007']George Sr.'s trial for 'light' treason was the basis for the entire run of the show. By the end,
all charges were completely dropped, so George is free and clear. So, yeah, that's not really going to work.
[/quote]

Yeah I just remembered that detail. Thats what I get for only watching the finale once. Guess it's time to crack open my season 3 set.

I think it'd be easy to do a movie set whatever it is now, four years later where Michael & George Michael left the family just as the finale showed, but then get pulled back in when "Insert Hilarious Premise Here" occurs.

Bring all of the characters back (including Winkler, Baio, Super Dave, etc.), give Howard/Hurwitz free reign and it'll be funny.

I don't know how well it will work as a movie but I'll still be there day one. They had been saying that Hurwitz was working on something during the strike.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I think it'd be easy to do a movie set whatever it is now, four years later where Michael & George Michael left the family just as the finale showed, but then get pulled back in when "Insert Hilarious Premise Here" occurs.
[/QUOTE]

oh, im sure thats exactly how itll be

Anyong.

That being said, they've been talking about a movie since before the show ended... hell, they talk about it in the commentaries for season 3

[quote name='y2jedi']They're called illusions Michael.

http://ftl.nypress.com/blogx/display_blog.cfm?bid=19869213[/quote]
Jason Bateman has also recently confirmed that an Arrested Development movie is being made. While I'm still waiting for official studio confirmation these actors confirming a movie is very good news indeed. Unless they have problems ironing out the details it looks like we are going to get an Arrested movie. :D

[quote name='CouRageouS']The should just spinoff George Michael into his own series. He practically played the same guy in Superbad and Juno.[/quote]

He's one of the actors who doesn't think there should even be a movie... so I doubt he would be down for a spin-off.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about this idea. The show was awesome, though.

Now, I hope they don't want to do a "Nip/Tuck" movie next...

See, it worries the shit out of me that apparently everyone is gung-ho to do a movie... a movie that doesn't even have a script yet. Beyond a script, from most interviews, I'm not even sure Hurwitz has any sort of plot or idea in mind, either.

THAT never bodes well for anything. I wasn't excited about this movie before, and now even less so. I was hoping they were pushing for it because of some great idea they had, not just wanting to work together again, but it seems that it's all ass-backwards instead.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... it ended perfectly, there's no need for more. The lack of anything but enthusiasm from the cast and crew isn't selling me on this.

I'd go watch it. Its a cool show. It would be perfect timing because Michael Cera(George Michael) is started to blow up. Though he said he may drop out of being an actor.
And we need some more Jason Bateman. Liked him in Hancock.

bread's done
Back