Art of the Mass Effect Universe preorder $26.39 @ Amazon RD 2/21/12

technicalstylez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (98%)
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Mass-Effe...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311072255&sr=1-1

The Art of the Mass Effect Universe preorder for $26.39 @ amazon.

I'm super excited for this. The book covers all 3 Mass Effect games and is published by dark horse, who just released the Art of Alice Madness Returns. based on the quality of that book, I have nothing but high hopes for this one. I figured you guys might want to preorder this now before amazon inevitably raises the price, and even worse; it goes out of stock.

I love art books :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fan of Mass Effect series. I wished there were more info of the book, but with the discount and track record of the quality of Mass Effect merchandise it was not brainer for me to order. Thanks

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Do you guys think this will be limited and rare like the first Art of Mass Effect book?[/QUOTE]

It could become hard to find, but probably won't be as rare as the first book. The first book was made by Prima, who only does one print run for guides/books for new games. This one is published by Dark Horse, who typically does multiple printings on its books and comics (The Art of Alice: Madness Returns is on its third printing, I believe).

If you're interested, I'd recommend pre-ordering now. I had to wait 2-3 months after release to get the Art of Alice book, and I ordered it the week it came out.

nice, ordered one.

I don't think it'll become rare or anything, especially with how popular the franchise has become now compared to when the first game was released.

I absolutely love my Art of Mass Effect, I actually have it sitting on my shelf right now besides me. From the conversations on here I just checked the rarity/ price of the item now and am surprised! I never keep track of guide and art book prices like this far after release.

Either way I love the first book so this one is a must have, thanks OP!

Nice. The Art of Mass effect was a great artbook. I'm looking forward to this one since it covers all 3 games.

Just got an email from Amazon that my preorder has been cancelled. Anyone else get this?

-------------------------------------

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're unable to fulfill your order for the items listed below because they
aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we cancelled them
from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Art of the Mass Effect Universe

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address
that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this
message.

When I saw this bumped, I checked the link, nothing, I searched on the site, nothing. Checking right now it looks like amazon won't be carrying it, but it is still a few months out so this could just be a temporary glitch.

I got two emails actually but didn't mention the book. Anyway, this is pretty retarded on Amazon's part unless the book has been cancelled (which I highly doubt it will be)

Product seems to be removed from Amazon - I somehow missed this thread and would be all over this...hmm, now to find where else they're selling it.

I had pre-ordered this because of the price before this thread was even made, but then was confused yesterday when I tried to go the the product's page and it kept saying it didn't exist. "Oh well. Must be an error. They'll fix it!"

Got two emails today.
First, "we can't place your order #xxxxxxxxxxx"(the art book's number)
Second, "we can't place your order for this art book"

Damnit :(

[quote name='WingsDJY']Oddly enough, the publishers website (Dark Horse Comics) has no mention of this book...[/QUOTE]

That's because the Amazon page was a leak. It hasn't been officially announced yet as far as I know. I'm guessing this won't come in November but will be released the same time as ME3

I bet Bioware will have a limited edition signed one on their site like they did for ME: Evolution
mass-effect-evolution-collectors-edition

I'm betting that when it does get re-listed on Amazon, it'll be at a higher price than the $25.58 price it was at when they canceled it.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm betting that when it does get re-listed on Amazon, it'll be at a higher price than the $25.58 price it was at when they canceled it.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned above, B&N has it listed for $25.32 and free shipping. If you have a membership even better. I have to pay taxes either way so bn is the cheaper route

Yeah, I checked my email and got this message. I was wondering if this was going to get bumped, and it did. So yeah...lets see what happens. Pretty disappointed, but I'm sure it'll come back sure enough. Amazon's book prices usually match that of Borders, and since they are going out of business, I'm sure they will match B&N.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I bet Bioware will have a limited edition signed one on their site like they did for ME: Evolution
mass-effect-evolution-collectors-edition
[/QUOTE]
How much would you suspect said limited edition would cost. As a side note, I have a copy of my email when I preordered it so once it gets relisted I'll just get Amazon to price adjust.

I got the cancellation as well, I'm afraid. I was really looking forward to this. Now I have to decide if I want to wait for Amazon to put it back up, or just go with B&N.

[quote name='leylines']How much would you suspect said limited edition would cost. As a side note, I have a copy of my email when I preordered it so once it gets relisted I'll just get Amazon to price adjust.[/QUOTE]

Well the signed graphic novel was sold for $10 above the retail so I'll say $50?

[quote name='GamerDude316']anybody know how B&N charges preorders? right away or when the item ships?[/QUOTE]They do a rolling authorization for pre-orders, so there will be an authorization against the card for the purchase amount, then another one a couple of weeks later, up until it ships out.

It's not like Amazon, in other words.

[quote name='shrike4242']They do a rolling authorization for pre-orders, so there will be an authorization against the card for the purchase amount, then another one a couple of weeks later, up until it ships out.

It's not like Amazon, in other words.[/QUOTE]

thanks. will preorder there.

This book has now Officially been announced, and it is indeed delayed till Feb 2012. Hopefully Amazon puts it back up for $25, though that's probably unlikely.

BN has it down to $25.06 though: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/art-of-the-mass-effect-universe-various/1102878870

meart-cvr-sol-599px_225x300.jpg

DARK HORSE AND BIOWARE ANNOUNCE THE ART OF THE MASS EFFECT UNIVERSE!

August 25, MILWAUKIE, OR – Fans of the Mass Effect™ series looking to go deeper into the Mass Effect universe are in luck. Dark Horse is proud to announce The Art of the Mass Effect Universe, an expansive, hardcover art book showcasing the stunning and imaginative art behind the highly anticipated action RPG Mass Effect 3. With commentary from the creators of the Mass Effect series, The Art of the Mass Effect Universe invites fans to get a behind-the-scenes look at the critically acclaimed franchise.

"Mass Effect 3 is the climax of the greatest sci-fi epic of our generation, so it's only fitting that Dark Horse up the ante as well," Dark Horse editor Dave Marshall said. "The Art of the Mass Effect Universe will reveal reams of never-before-seen artwork that was created during the development of this modern masterpiece."

The Art of the Mass Effect Universe will be available for purchase in February 2012 for $39.99.

From the award-winning developers at BioWare™ comes Mass Effect 3, the pinnacle of the critically acclaimed epic action RPG series. The galactic war has begun. An ancient alien race known only as the "Reapers" has launched an all-out invasion of the galaxy, leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the universe is on the verge of total annihilation, and you must lead the counterassault to take it back. The price of failure is extinction. Only you, as Commander Shepard, can determine how events will play out, which planets you will save from annihilation and which alliances you will form or abandon as you rally the forces of the galaxy to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all.

Look for Mass Effect: Invasion, the latest comic series, to arrive on October 19, 2011. The collection of the previous series, Mass Effect: Evolution, is on sale September 21, 2011.
via: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/27/m...-in-hardcover-book-from-dark-horse/#continued

hmm was wondering why it wasn't showing up on amazon.

Im not sure though.. will this have a bunch of character designs and conept art, or just be boaring CG landscapes and stuff? I like a lot of JP artbooks but a lot of US ones ive seen have been rather lackluster

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm was wondering why it wasn't showing up on amazon.

Im not sure though.. will this have a bunch of character designs and conept art, or just be boaring CG landscapes and stuff? I like a lot of JP artbooks but a lot of US ones ive seen have been rather lackluster[/QUOTE]

It's being published by Dark Horse Comics, who also did the Art of Alice Madness Returns artbook. That book was highly praised and pretty detailed so I imagine this will include the full gamut of ME art available

Alice art book preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdKzz-Yyi9U

Edit: You can see some samples of some of the art included here: http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/560/announcing-art-mass-effect-universe

bread's done
Back