as I am getting older...

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm 25, but I noticed it was much much harder to learn stuff than when i was 20. I wonder what causes this. Is it because getting older would have this affect? Or if any of you guys have this experience like me, i hope i'm not alone in this.

I think it means you smoked too much pot in college.

Edit: Whoa, iheartmetal posted nearly the same thing at the exact same time. It MUST be the pot then.

well i never smoked pot. I mean i have gone to college, then was out for two years, then came back this fall.. It was very hard to adapt but then i am getting used to it. But Those classes I took seem so much more studying time than what i can prevoiusly do, its like i have to study twice as harder than what i used to do.

[quote name='greendj27']I think it means you smoked too much pot in college.

Edit: Whoa, iheartmetal posted nearly the same thing at the exact same time. It MUST be the pot then.[/quote]

lol

[quote name='Samuelc79']well i never smoked pot. I mean i have gone to college, then was out for two years, then came back this fall.. It was very hard to adapt but then i am getting used to it. But Those classes I took seem so much more studying time than what i can prevoiusly do, its like i have to study twice as harder than what i used to do.[/quote]

I dunno, man. I'm 23 and my grades were a lot better in college than hs.

Its called aging...

Think of it like play-dough... When you first get it, it molds nicely and is ready to take new shapes... but after you have it for a while it dries out and can no longer be as malable... Your brain is the same.

I am older and I retain things better than ever. The thing is, in my 20's I did not eat right and I drank alot. Now I am living a healthier life. I believe thats why I am doing better now than ever before.

I have a really hard time learning new things, but not because there's something wrong with me. I just have no patience for school what so ever anymore. If something doesn't interest me, I won't learn it. Not because I can't, but because I spent 12 years in high school, and that was enough for me.

I get a strong sense of having my freedom taken away when I'm forced to learn something I'm not interested in. Lucky for me though I got a job that I love, and I was interested in. Seriously, if I had to choose between being homeless or spending another four years in college doing something I truly did not want to do.... I'd rather just set up a tent at the beach.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I was extremely picked on in Elementary school, and never jock enough for the jocks or geeky enough for the geeks. I never really fit in until I got out of school, then everything changed.

A lot of it has to do with what you do day to day. When you were 20, odds are you spent the majority of your life so far in school, learning constantly. When you get out of that groove, its harder to do what you were once able to quite easily. Think about it like running. If you trained for a year solid, then stopped, when you came back to it, you wouldnt be able to pick up where you left off.

And while it has been proved that you learn better when you are younger, 20 and 25 arent that different in the brains development. The difference in a 10 year old and a 15 year old trying to pick up a language (or skill, or whatever) is far greater because of the brains development cycle.

pot.gif

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']As you get older, it's harder to learn new things. Proven fact. Learn your languages now, kids.[/quote]

I beg to differ, things I've learned in the past few years (now over 30)

I've learned that motel mattress are more comey on the side away from the phone,

I've learned that one does not screw with the IRS

I've learned that its cheaper to keep the thermostat set at a fairly constant temp instead of up and down fluctuations.

I've learned that there is no scotch in butterscotch.

I've learned that the possible side effects of a drug usually outweigh the benefits.

I've learned that their is a market for nose hair trimmers.

I've learned that it was really a waste of time to learn ancient Greek.

I've learned that Doritos are actually recycled tortilla shells from taco bell.

I've learned that Whitney houston really wants to dance with somebody.

I've learned why fools fall in love.

I've learned how to curl,

how to dance

how to do the 'robot'

that trying to do DDR while standing on your hands is a really good work out.

I've learned that we're dealing with a lot of shit here.

[quote name='Mr.Answer'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']As you get older, it's harder to learn new things. Proven fact. Learn your languages now, kids.[/quote]

I beg to differ, things I've learned in the past few years (now over 30)

I've learned that motel mattress are more comey on the side away from the phone,

I've learned that one does not screw with the IRS

I've learned that its cheaper to keep the thermostat set at a fairly constant temp instead of up and down fluctuations.

I've learned that there is no scotch in butterscotch.

I've learned that the possible side effects of a drug usually outweigh the benefits.

I've learned that their is a market for nose hair trimmers.

I've learned that it was really a waste of time to learn ancient Greek.

I've learned that Doritos are actually recycled tortilla shells from taco bell.

I've learned that Whitney houston really wants to dance with somebody.

I've learned why fools fall in love.

I've learned how to curl,

how to dance

how to do the 'robot'

that trying to do DDR while standing on your hands is a really good work out.

I've learned that we're dealing with a lot of shit here.[/quote]

musta stayed away from the pot

bread's done
Back