Ass to Trout OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']The mp is too good. Haven't even gotten to the sp disc yet. :oops:[/QUOTE]

Were you a fan of BC2 as well? I couldn't get into that one so I skipped out on BF3, but man MW3 disappointed me. I think I'll just play through the campaign and toss it on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't dig the multiplayer. I was a fan of MW2 and Black Ops instantly, this feels odd. It's totally lacking the quality I'm used to with these games. It's almost hard to explain, but it just doesn't feel right to me, and I can't get into it. I do want to play through the story though, hopefully that's as good as MW and MW2.

Yeah, I know they tweak the gameplay and add patches. I'm planning on doing the campaign for now, and give the MP another shot after I'm done with it to see if it's gotten any better.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Didn't dig the multiplayer. I was a fan of MW2 and Black Ops instantly, this feels odd. It's totally lacking the quality I'm used to with these games. It's almost hard to explain, but it just doesn't feel right to me, and I can't get into it. I do want to play through the story though, hopefully that's as good as MW and MW2.[/QUOTE]

I and my borther in law feel exactly the same way.

One thing that bugs me is the maps. I've only played one map so far that I find memorable and that's Underground. I think they're saving the good maps for the map packs.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I and my borther in law feel exactly the same way.

One thing that bugs me is the maps. I've only played one map so far that I find memorable and that's Underground. I think they're saving the good maps for the map packs.[/QUOTE]

This is honestly the reaction I expected from most people. Probably about 50% of the IW team left for Respawn for one reason or another. I'm assuming a large part of that was senior talent too. So it doesn't surprise me that MW3 feels a lot different; it's essentially a new developer with the same old name.

So what should I be looking to do in NYC for a day? My small list of potentials are Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway show, Madame Tussauds. Keep it mind I don't know shit about NYC, how close these things are, or whatever.

Also looking for ideas for Boston attractions, I'll be there for a day soon as well.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Lets talk about my adventure game collection. I'm quite proud of it.[/QUOTE]

All the classic Sierra "Quest" games? With hint books that you had to use a highliter on to de-code the hints?

played on an Apple IIe? Man, those were the days.

[quote name='Rocko']I've heard people can get jobs teaching English in South Korea and even Japan (maybe not JET, however) pretty easily with little to no experience, and then apply to JET later with that experience. And apparently JET is just the bee's knees.[/QUOTE]

I have a buddy station in South Korea and have thought about looking for something there. I know people get accepted into the JET program without any experience in teaching and zero knowledge of Japanese, so I feel there is some hope for me to get in. I am not sure what other outlets to look into for English teaching jobs in Japan or South Korea.

At this point, I just want some type of employment that will be resume worthy and/or will help get my career started.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Were you a fan of BC2 as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes and BF3 is a bigger better version of that with more vehicles, weapons, unlocks, and fleshed out classes.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Speaking of respawn- do you respawn in the midst of two enemies with your back facing them in MW3?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've had it happen to me a couple times. But it's not as often. Now it's more that you spawn a split second before an enemy was coming around a corner behind you.

I've also had it once when I've been looking down an alley and at the other end I watched two enemies spawn, one after the other, facing my left and killed them both.

I started playing Oblivion last night. Escaped from the sewers and did some dungeon near by with Imps. Then started to explore the city. Not sure if I have the patience for a game this size.

Opening every door, talking to every NPC, following every quest.....

(Strange cause I had no problem with Daggefall back on the PC so many years ago. And so much more free time)

[quote name='eldergamer']I started playing Oblivion last night. Escaped from the sewers and did some dungeon near by with Imps. Then started to explore the city. Not sure if I have the patience for a game this size.

Opening every door, talking to every NPC, following every quest.....

(Strange cause I had no problem with Daggefall back on the PC so many years ago. And so much more free time)[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do, don't start closing gates. Explore around and build up your character.

Who was looking for the Dr. Pepper Codes?

~~~~~~

Went to my credit union today and got approved for a car loan. Now the small matter of finding something.

Supposed to hear back about some potential places to live tomorrow.

Shits getting real.

[quote name='flowery']Who was looking for the Dr. Pepper Codes?

~~~~~~

Went to my credit union today and got approved for a car loan. Now the small matter of finding something.

Supposed to hear back about some potential places to live tomorrow.

Shits getting real.[/QUOTE]

What rate did you get?

Oh and that Toshiba tv at walmart seems mighty tempting. 65 inches ay that price is pretty awesome. Might have to see if I can snag one from there on black Friday.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']James Spader needs to go. His character is killing the office. Also ed helms can go as well.[/QUOTE]

I thought tonight's episode wasn't great, but probably the best one since the end of last season.

Good ol Target rapes it's workers in the ass. While I kind of figured I'd get stuck with the 12am shift on Black Friday, apparently I also have to come in 12-8:30am on Thanksgiving itself. Apparently us retail workers don't deserve to spend time with our families. And here I thought that having Thanksgiving off would screw me out of an off day. Nope. I get 2 days off. Just one of them isn't Thanksgiving. I never thought I'd say this, but I want it to be December already. And the fucked up thing is, I close Tuesday night, open Wednesday at 8, get off at 4:30 so won't even get 8 hours sleep if I go to bed right away (which I wouldn't be able to anyways). And after opening 12am Friday, I close Saturday night. I already thought I'd be looking for new work come January. This pretty much confirms it for me.

I start at Target tomorrow and gotta work on BF too. Both during BF and Saturday. Only thing I'm not gonna enjoy is missing out on all the deals this year.

Well, BF and Saturday is to be expected. But I was looking forward to having Thanksgiving off. Holidays off (well, three), are the only reason I haven't applied to somewhere like Sheetz where I could get higher pay. Well, that, and the fact I'd probably get stuck making the food.

[quote name='TheRock88']Your store opens on Thanksgiving? Weird, mine's closed.[/QUOTE]

I've never done it before, so I could be wrong, but the store itself is closed. My guess is, they're going to do pricing or signing or who knows what. I could understand if the flow team had to work that morning to make sure everything was stocked, but I mainly ever work in the front end. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back