Ass to Trout OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were going to go out, but I'm not a morning person by anyone's standard and I'd rather pay a little more for a TV than stand in line for hours. Shopping sucks enough as it is.

Some stores you can buy it now and then price match on BF. That's what I'm doing. Once I get off work, off to customer service I go.

This week sucks though. 4 hours sleep last night, 4 tonight, and maybe 4 tomorrow if I'm lucky. Is it Sunday yet?

I fucking hate UPS. They really know how to rub salt in the wound of a super shitty day. Why in the fuck did my package sit on a truck for 13 hours and never get delivered when I live 3 blocks from their main shipping facility. Absolutely ridiculous. The kicker is they made a fucking delivery to my house today too on a package that didn't sit overnight in their shipping facility like my fucking Lord of the Rings did.

Also Eviltude, Black Friday around here sucks. It used to be okay, but people are fucking stupid and it's gotten worse and worse every fucking year. Don't even think about going to Best Buy or Wal-Mart for a major ticket item because people will already be camping by tomorrow morning for that piece of shit laptop or some TV they can get for the same price before the Super Bowl.

Anyone got some babies to punch? I will fucking knock them right into next week.

Happy thanksgiving everyone, if you are going to be watching the Lions game tomorrow be on the look out for the NFL Films play 60 ad that I worked on.

[quote name='prmononoke']At that size, 1080p is definitely preferred.

At this point, isn't LED supposed to be better than plasma? Also, power consumption, etc.[/QUOTE]

I cant watch LED TV's because I see the trailing shadows that are produced by the pixels cooling down when scenes are in motion.

LED's are better than Plasmas in the Power consumption, but according to the Energy Guide on my 51" plasma, it costs $29 a year.

[quote name='Number83']I cant watch LED TV's because I see the trailing shadows that are produced by the pixels cooling down when scenes are in motion.

LED's are better than Plasmas in the Power consumption, but according to the Energy Guide on my 51" plasma, it costs $29 a year.[/QUOTE]

What's the stat line look like on dead pixels on LED TVs?
I'm tempted by this 32" LED that's going to be in BB's online sale in an hour and I don't want a repeat performance of the LCD I got a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Happy thanksgiving everyone, if you are going to be watching the Lions game tomorrow be on the look out for the NFL Films play 60 ad that I worked on.[/QUOTE]

The one with the Panthers or a new one?

For some reason I woke up at 5am. I was kind of pissed, but I was able to get that Ben Hur Collector's Edition for $11.

[quote name='lordwow']It's not worth the time compared to what you're saving. It's not like they're giving away houses for $100.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Opportunity cost. I would only line up where the savings is more than what I get paid per hour to work.

Don't say that in a flipping thread.

When people were flipping super mario all stars for like 20.00 profit, I mentioned I didn't see the need when I can just work an extra hour or two and make more and everyone freaked out.

One guy even claimed he made 3,000+ a month by flipping, but then could only account for like 150.00 worth when I called him out on it. :lol:

Even if the game of Brutal Legend sucked (it didn't, but I wish it didn't go all RTS), I still view it as easily worth $20 just for the music alone.

I'm really not looking forward to eating with the family today as I'm sure at some point my schooling and inability to find an entry-level position in my field will come up.

I liked Brutal Legend. The voices and the character work were great. The earlier RTS parts were okay but once you got to the larger stage battles it really started to get confusing and break down.

Let's put that pre cooked ham in the oven, eat it, and then head to work. Hopefully can spend the last few hours doing online black friday shopping.

[quote name='Dkellar']I'm really not looking forward to eating with the family today as I'm sure at some point my schooling and inability to find an entry-level position in my field will come up.[/QUOTE]

Drink moar.

-

Brutal Legend is surely worth $2.50 if you can manage RTS stuff. Hell, I remember munch having some issues with it and he apparently still finished and loved the game, they made it pretty accessible and easy to learn, especially for a console RTS (if you weren't playing on hard). Now if you want a game that's probably not worth $2.50, you should check out Enslaved. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have loved Brutal Legend if it didn't have the RTS stuff. I really enjoyed everything else about it. I never ended up beating it (banned), though.

I wonder if the Walmart and BB TVs will be online as well? Those are the two places I'm looking at for TVs but I'm not waiting in line... I'd love to just order it online. Also looking for sound bars at HH Gregg (any good sound bar BF deals I missed? I didn't see any).

Also I am SO TEMPTED to buy a $200 PS Triple bundle... so many old cheap games I'd like to play.

I put Brutal Legend on easy at the end to finish it.

And WTH, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, the musical during the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Well, the 3 year old will dance to it.

[quote name='DT778']I can see why you guys would want the Ravens to win but why Dallas? fuck Dallas.[/QUOTE]

I don't want them to win, but I think they will.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I don't want them to win, but I think they will.[/QUOTE]Yeah, realized that you guys were probably thinking that way instead after I posted. I want and I think my picks will win. Dolphins been playing better lately.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Drink moar.[/QUOTE]

I have never been able to like the taste of alcohol. I can maybe take a small drink of something, but after that the taste is just overbearing.

Drink some vodka/cranberry. Start with a lot of cranberry with a splash of vodka. By the end of the night you'll be drinking vodka with a splash of cranberry.

And from the Packers blowout, back to the parade, and now the annual watching of the dog show. (Family tradition passed down)

:c Poor Lions.

Also, decision made, picking up a PS Triple tonight. $200 for the system, LBP 2 and Ratchet All 4 One, and there's all kinds of games on sale now and older game out there for cheap. Why not?

[quote name='Rocko']:c Poor Lions.

Also, decision made, picking up a PS Triple tonight. $200 for the system, LBP 2 and Ratchet All 4 One, and there's all kinds of games on sale now and older game out there for cheap. Why not?[/QUOTE]

Do it. We though about buying a new one because my old fat one sounds like a a jet engine, but I'll just wait for it to die all the way.

[quote name='DT778']Really elder? Dog show?[/QUOTE]

That shit is super $$$gy. My girlfriend was watching it earlier and we missed the first 3 minutes of the Lions game.

[quote name='Eviltude']Do it. We though about buying a new one because my old fat one sounds like a a jet engine, but I'll just wait for it to die all the way.[/QUOTE]

I forgot they even redesigned the PS3. That's nice.

Looks like I'm picking up God of War 3, God of War Collection, Ratchet and Clank ACIT, Uncharted 2, and Yakuza 4 tonight if everything goes as planned. They're all on sale at various places. I guess I'll have to search the Gamestop used section for older games.

I think MGS4 is awesome and it can be found cheap, so look for that if you're into MGS. I've been wanting to play through it again lately.

Can I play Uncharted 2 without Uncharted? Uncharted is still like $25 used at GS and Uncharted 2 is pretty cheap new ($15 at GS tomorrow). Kind of just want to skip to Uncharted 2. Same with Resistance... it's cheap but I kind of want to just play Resistance 2 since it's also cheap.

You can skip Uncharted 1 as far as story goes. 2 is mostly independent. BUT - Uncharted 1 is great and you shouldn't miss it as far as gameplay goes.

Resistance 1 on the other hand is completely skippable.

[quote name='Rocko']Can I play Uncharted 2 without Uncharted? Uncharted is still like $25 used at GS and Uncharted 2 is pretty cheap new ($15 at GS tomorrow). Kind of just want to skip to Uncharted 2. Same with Resistance... it's cheap but I kind of want to just play Resistance 2 since it's also cheap.[/QUOTE]

Resistance > Resistance 2, IMO.
Same with the Uncharted games; Uncharted > Uncharted 2.

Uncharted and Uncharted 2 will both be lightning deals on Amazon at some point tomorrow:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309104

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back