Assassin's Creed 2 The Master Assassin's Edition $79.99

rainking187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
407 (100%)
SONNOMABITCH!

I've been hoarding my amazon 50% off coupon hoping for a Black edition to be announced in the US. This makes me think they're not getting one. What thinks everyone else? Still a chance, or should I start hoping they do a rockin Brutal Legend special edition?

Might as well get it so I can have Altaïr and Ezio fighting one another in my arena of death. lol

[quote name='MuzykMann']SONNOMABITCH!

I've been hoarding my amazon 50% off coupon hoping for a Black edition to be announced in the US. This makes me think they're not getting one. What thinks everyone else? Still a chance, or should I start hoping they do a rockin Brutal Legend special edition?[/QUOTE]

How'd everyone get that coupon?

[quote name='the_punisher']How'd everyone get that coupon?[/QUOTE]
It was an Amazon trade in bonus recently. Trade in $50 worth of games, get your credit AND a coupon good for 50% off a game or game accessory.

I ordered two Rock Band 2s for the PS2 from amazon for $50, then stuck amazon's shipping label on the box and sent it right back to amazon's trade in site for $55. $5 gain and 50% off coupon. Win.

[quote name='mkernan']Hmmm, neat, but not a deal. Yeah, gonna be "that guy".[/QUOTE]
I doubt we're going to get a pre-order deal from Gamestop

I've been hoarding my amazon 50% off coupon hoping for a Black edition to be announced in the US. This makes me think they're not getting one. What thinks everyone else? Still a chance, or should I start hoping they do a rockin Brutal Legend special edition?[/QUOTE]

Didn't Activision lose the lawsuit? If there is a Brutal Legend LE at least it won't come with a shitty way overpriced peripheral.

[quote name='rainking187']Didn't Activision lose the lawsuit? If there is a Brutal Legend LE at least it won't come with a shitty way overpriced peripheral.[/QUOTE]

It was hesitantly rejected, or something like that. Not necessarily thrown out, but activision is gonna have to do some serious work to get a judge to take them seriously. It looks like Schafer will have his Rocktober release.

Still, the black edition Ezio looks so damn COOL!

I just saw something last night about this being $70 and not $80... nice to see Gamestop already jacking up the price...

[quote name='FadeToOne']I just saw something last night about this being $70 and not $80... nice to see Gamestop already jacking up the price...[/QUOTE]
Wrong. No price was set at press release, as it was just set today.

Keep hoarding that coupon as this is GameStop exclusive so far.

It should be noted this is NOT the Black Edition, it's actually a mash-up of the White Edition with the other. Key differences are the upgraded 'Master' armor for the Ezio figure and two less exclusive maps.

Thanks OP. Will be getting the PS3 CE since I can unlock 6 weapons when connecting to the PSP version of assassin's creed: bloodlines.

[quote name='mkernan']Hmmm, neat, but not a deal. Yeah, gonna be "that guy".[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The existence of something isn't a deal.

I'll pass on this... if Amazon had it (where they have a standard discount plus ECA) I would get it but with GS's retail price and tax, it's too expensive.

Not a deal. And we still have a ton of new copies of the first LE laying around collecting dust at a few stores.

[quote name='Scorch']Not a deal. And we still have a ton of new copies of the first LE laying around collecting dust at a few stores.[/QUOTE]

Care to point me to one of those few stores?

looks like the special edition Assasin's Creed original garbage. The toy is pretty weak, considering the competition's previous attempts, namely Bioshock. I just don't see the value & I'm comfortably passing on this one. FYI, I loved Assasin's Creed & can't wait for this one, I just don't like the extras.

[quote name='mis0']I would have probably snagged one if it wasn't Gamestop exclusive. Don't wanna feed the beast.[/QUOTE]

x 3.14

Goddamnit, I hate it when companies pull this 'store and console exclusive content' bullshit. If they add (or cut) content to a specific system, it should be a universal thing. Especially when you're primarily a PC gamer.

[quote name='Jodou']Wrong. No price was set at press release, as it was just set today.[/QUOTE]

he wasn't wrong, gamestop listed this edition of the game for 70 bucks a couple days ago for the PS3. it was posted over at ign.com with a link to gamestop showing the $70 price. they obv changed the price now tho.

I am already thinking of canceling my pre-order so I can pick it up for $30 a week later. Ubi games are notorious for handling bonus content horribly, and dropping in price fast. It is absurd that they are controlling the content across regions.

[quote name='mis0']I would have probably snagged one if it wasn't Gamestop exclusive. Don't wanna feed the beast.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's gonna be the gutted version. I'm not buying from there. Ahahaha!

Premium Collectable Metal Case

as soon as I read this I know I am getting ripped off.

What I want is the GAME content NOT the box it comes it sheesh.

Plus I would rather spend the Extra $20 I am saving on DLC.

Or take the $20 off the Limited Edition put that towards the actual game $59.99 -$20

$39.99, instead of wasting $20

I can NOT think of 1 game NOT even 1 game that the Collectors Edition or Limited Edition was worth buying or that people still own..

With the Exception of this

http://www.northcastle.co.uk/archive/collectibles/Twilight Princess Set.jpg

Also this was not even part of the game launch it was a Special sale at TARGET only for $40 bucks.

To this day I have turned down $400 for it.

[quote name='Master Ninja']I can NOT think of 1 game NOT even 1 game that the Collectors Edition or Limited Edition was worth buying or that people still own..

With the Exception of this

http://www.northcastle.co.uk/archive/collectibles/Twilight Princess Set.jpg

Also this was not even part of the game launch it was a Special sale at TARGET only for $40 bucks.

To this day I have turned down $400 for it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you should have taken that. That's like ten times what it goes for sealed on ebay. Even the highest batshit insane "you're never getting that much ever" buy it now price is half that.

I might get the Black Edition at EBGames Australia! Its much cheaper than UK ;)

EBGames have trade-in promotion when you trade any 3 selected titles plus AUD$29.95 ($25.14) for Assassin's Creed 2 Black Limited Edition (PS3)

147559_detail.jpg

http://ebgames.com.au/ps3/product.cfm?id=14742&refer=smallhero

bread's done
Back