Assassin's Creed back to $9.98 @ Amazon PS3/360

[quote name='DesertLeo']finger on button.......so tempted.......black friday destroyed me....

10 bucks isn't too bad, right?

....right?[/QUOTE]

the first is worth $5 (which is exactly how much i bought for during the hollywood video sale)

don't even bother with it. just put the money towards AC2.

I'm getting really upset with amazon right now. They're putting up games at their lightning deal price that they were earlier in the week. Some of us stayed up until really late (or early) hours to score those deals and now they're just casual reductions.

I agree, Amazon's being a bit ungrateful of its customers by doing this.

I stayed up every night for "Lightning Deals" *one-time offers*

And then now they are regular prices. It's basically bait-and-switch.

Not in the.. general use of the phrase, but in the literal sense, they did. They baited by saying it was a Lightning Deal and that it was a great deal and then they just screwed everyone that did that by listing it at the LD price after BF.

its for people who missed out, bro. people who had to work retail and couldn't get their g1's working fast enough in the Target breakroom :(

lol it is not bait and switch, not even in the literal sense.

What you're saying basically is that they should never lower prices, and everything should sell for the exact same price that it was when YOU got it so that no one else ever gets a deal as good as yours

I have news for you. That game you got for 15 bucks will EVENTUALLY be 15 bucks for everyone. If it happens sooner or later, it's still going to happen.

What a petty thing to complain about geez

You guys are absolutely right. This is unconscionable! I am going to send Amazon an angry letter right now and demand they raise their prices immediately!

If you don't mind exploring aimlessly on your own, the repetitive parts won't bother you much.

The worst parts, IMO, were starting each new section. You have to watch an unskippable dialogue scene (not even a full cutscene), then practice a new technique, and then go get a horse to run to the exit where you can fast travel to another city.

Do people even have any idea of what bait-and-switch actually means?

If Amazon was selling Assassin's Creed for $9.98, but then told you that they didn't have it, and that it wasn't very good anyway, but you could have the NEW and IMPROVED Assassin's Creed 2 for ONLY $59.99.... that would be a bait and switch.

[quote name='psunami']Do people even have any idea of what bait-and-switch actually means?

If Amazon was selling Assassin's Creed for $9.98, but then told you that they didn't have it, and that it wasn't very good anyway, but you could have the NEW and IMPROVED Assassin's Creed 2 for ONLY $59.99.... that would be a bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

No, see, it's bait and switch, because they're giving you a good deal, and then, like, giving it to other people, and then a day later, they're giving it to, like, even more other people! It's a classic bait and switch! I'm pretty sure it also qualifies as polygamy in 4 states.

Edit: I played through this game as a rental when it first came out, and picked it up again during the Lightning Deal to finish off the achievements when/if I ever have time (and my backlog thins out). I found it reasonably fun to play, if a bit rough around the edges and superficial, but it's worth $10 and the fact that a lot of people can get it at that price, surprisingly, doesn't bother me at all.

ITT an Average poor CAG member wants a way to sue Amazon for all their worth.

Good luck CAG, ill pick up the newspaper and read the article if this happens.

[quote name='cRodz']Good luck CAG, ill pick up the newspaper and read the article if this happens.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're the one that's still reading newspapers.

heh.

[quote name='sengar']No, see, it's bait and switch, because they're giving you a good deal, and then, like, giving it to other people, and then a day later, they're giving it to, like, even more other people! It's a classic bait and switch! I'm pretty sure it also qualifies as polygamy in 4 states.

Edit: I played through this game as a rental when it first came out, and picked it up again during the Lightning Deal to finish off the achievements when/if I ever have time (and my backlog thins out). I found it reasonably fun to play, if a bit rough around the edges and superficial, but it's worth $10 and the fact that a lot of people can get it at that price, surprisingly, doesn't bother me at all.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, it has problems but it's worth 9.98. But I don't know about all of you guys, I didn't stay up for this deal. I just happened to see it and snagged it up. The amount of whining on CAG this time of year is annoying, just be grateful anyone is giving you deals at all.

[quote name='psunami']Oh, you're the one that's still reading newspapers.

heh.[/QUOTE]
but they shove them at me at my face!
i cant say no and look like an asshole :cry:

[quote name='psunami']Do people even have any idea of what bait-and-switch actually means?

If Amazon was selling Assassin's Creed for $9.98, but then told you that they didn't have it, and that it wasn't very good anyway, but you could have the NEW and IMPROVED Assassin's Creed 2 for ONLY $59.99.... that would be a bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I was thinking of this example

Best buy advertising a 10 dollar ps3. When you get there they are like "We don't have that deal, but while you're here check out our tv's"

That is bait and switch.

Isn't the whole point of this site to help as many people as possible get good deals. Why people are bitching at this is beyond me.

kind of tempting, always wanted to try it out, but figure I'll just eventually get AC2 since it is supposed to be superior in every way. I'd love to see Uncharted come back up for $15 now that I picked up Uncharted 2 for $38

haha grumpier your post is funny when you take into account your username.

But yea, this site gets worse all the time. Like others have said, people would bitch if they offered a game for free and they had to find 25 dollars worth of other shit to get free shipping.

[quote name='confoosious']I've found that 99% of people who use the term "bait and switch" are complete morons.[/QUOTE]

Well anyone who throws around legal terms that they know nothing about are morons

Same people who say it's illegal for best buy to not sell them a 10 dollar HDTV because of a misprint, and by law they have to sell for the advertised price even if they are losing 1000 dollars a sale.. People are funny sometimes

By the way whatever happened with those people that were suing best buy because they didn't go out of business by honoring a 1k hdtv for 10 bucks?

I think this is technically closer to false advertising than bait-and-switch (9.99 advertised as a late-night only "Lightning Deal" or whatever... when it's really pretty much a traditional sale price).

But at any rate I'm with grumpier... more people are getting the game cheaper... so what's the problem?

Thanks OP, I'm gonna hold out for non-Platinum Hits but this is the price I was waiting for.

I was at Staples last night and picked up an 8GB flash drive for $12.99. The Staples BF ad said that price was only available from 5 till noon.

Did I throw a shit fit and say it was bait and switch or false advertising? No. I bought 2 and walked out the door.

I've found that people who throw around legal terms incorrectly are also the biggest whiners in the world.

GBKeroberos - even though it shows PH art, sometimes you might get lucky and get regular version. This happened to me for GTA IV.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']I think this is technically closer to false advertising than bait-and-switch (9.99 advertised as a late-night only "Lightning Deal" or whatever... when it's really pretty much a traditional sale price).

But at any rate I'm with grumpier... more people are getting the game cheaper... so what's the problem?

Thanks OP, I'm gonna hold out for non-Platinum Hits but this is the price I was waiting for.[/QUOTE]

It's not even that. False advertising would be saying the game would be 10 bucks then selling it for 20. They are allowed to package the deal any way they want. The store has every right to sell something cheap as "One day only" then change the price to that if they see a phenomenal increase of it being bought.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Exactly, it has problems but it's worth 9.98. But I don't know about all of you guys, I didn't stay up for this deal. I just happened to see it and snagged it up. The amount of whining on CAG this time of year is annoying, just be grateful anyone is giving you deals at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

thanks for the find im debating weather or not to pick it up i already got modern warfare 2 on the way but only 10$

I just grabbed it for under $10. I have a few new games too - Resident Evil 5, Dragon Age Origins, Dead Space Extraction, Call of Duty Modern Warfare GOTY, Dead Space... now Assassins Creed. This is the only time of the year I actually buy games... Cheaper this way... I create a back log and then work it off through the year.

dammit i just picked this up from target today for 13.98 on clearance. oh well i would have had to figure out a $15.02 filler. nice deal though!

[quote name='dmdragon']It's not even that. False advertising would be saying the game would be 10 bucks then selling it for 20. They are allowed to package the deal any way they want. The store has every right to sell something cheap as "One day only" then change the price to that if they see a phenomenal increase of it being bought.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's why I qualified it with "closer to"... I don't think it's either really, I don't consider it to be illegal or even immoral; it is a business after all... it's just kind of a dick move, haha. :D

[quote name='confoosious']GBKeroberos - even though it shows PH art, sometimes you might get lucky and get regular version. This happened to me for GTA IV.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info... maybe I should just go for it. But I feel like I've seen it on Gamefly clearance for around the same price and the LOTR: Conquest I got from them was in amazing condition.

Bait-and-switch wasn't the phrase I was going for, to be honest, I'll admit I wasn't thinking at the time and that was the only utterance that I could think up for my opinion of Amazon's... distasteful move.

I am happy for those who are now getting it though.

[quote name='RedGamer']Bait-and-switch wasn't the phrase I was going for, to be honest, I'll admit I wasn't thinking at the time and that was the only utterance that I could think up for my opinion of Amazon's... distasteful move.

I am happy for those who are now getting it though.[/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't see why people think this is distasteful. I woke myself up at 2 in the morning CST to get some of the deals, and I'm happy that other people are still getting it for that price. The more people that get good games in their hands, the happier I am. (which is why I'm happy people keep picking up good deals on DJ Hero.)

[quote name='drunkirish']What are you guys picking up with this game to break the $25 plateau?[/QUOTE]
There is a free month trial of prime that many signed up for about a week ago (including myself). It's nice to have and I'll have it up until a few days before Christmas.

[quote name='RedGamer']I agree, Amazon's being a bit ungrateful of its customers by doing this.

I stayed up every night for "Lightning Deals" *one-time offers*

And then now they are regular prices. It's basically bait-and-switch.

Not in the.. general use of the phrase, but in the literal sense, they did. They baited by saying it was a Lightning Deal and that it was a great deal and then they just screwed everyone that did that by listing it at the LD price after BF.[/QUOTE]

wow...just wow:wall:

bread's done
Back