Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360 or PS3) + $20 Credit for $49.96 + FSSS

Simmen Stenil

CAGiversary!
This is the lowest price I've seen since Black Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cre...HQ7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292550425&sr=8-1

Offer Details: Get a $20 Video Games Credit
Order Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

This game has a crazy amount of single player content and also has a fairly unique multiplayer. If definitely has a lot of value for $30.

The only thing I didn't like is that it doesn't advance the story very much.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']ac brotherhood is just a rushed game which is basically assassin creed 2 part 2. same people in only 1 city this time and the online gets boring in 1 hour.

this game will be 30 or less in January 2011.

FACT = all ubisoft games drop like rocks within 2 months.[/QUOTE]

In many ways, Brotherhood is A LOT better than second one - the combat makes a ton of difference. I actually enjoyed fighting now, and I loved the assassins meta-game.

It was not a rushed game. I wish all games had as much single player content as AC:Brotherhood instead of always focusing on MP.

[quote name='Trance Addix']In many ways, Brotherhood is A LOT better than second one - the combat makes a ton of difference. I actually enjoyed fighting now, and I loved the assassins meta-game.

It was not a rushed game. I wish all games had as much single player content as AC:Brotherhood instead of always focusing on MP.[/QUOTE]
That meta game is addicting, I found myself just sitting around the pigeon coop waiting for them to return so I could send them back out.

Really enjoyed the game, if they want to bring out AC3 next year then I'm all for it.

Awesome, I knew waiting a month would be a good idea. Had a $20 credit from buying DKCR and Epic Mickey the other day to boot!

i went ahead and ordered it, thanks op! burned up $10 in credit from WoW Cataclysm and it made this $42 shipped...then I get $20 off a future purchase? done

thanks again op

[quote name='mitnosi']That meta game is addicting, I found myself just sitting around the pigeon coop waiting for them to return so I could send them back out.[/QUOTE]

I love sending my assassin's to take care of some guards while I watch the carnage from a far. Almost got my guys up to lvl 10. :D

Sweet, I ordered one as a Christmas gift for my brah using trade in credit from that kinect wall mount flip and I also get the $20 credit :cool:

Wow this is such BS. I ordered it for $37.99 and I'm trying to get Amazon to make an exception for the $20 gift card but they won't honor the promotion. F'in hell those shady bastards. "Deal of the Day" and the next day it gets a better deal.

[quote name='Midnighthawk']Wow this is such BS. I ordered it for $37.99 and I'm trying to get Amazon to make an exception for the $20 gift card but they won't honor the promotion. F'in hell those shady bastards. "Deal of the Day" and the next day it gets a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks. But if they still price-matched they probably wouldn't offer the deals they do as often as they do.

[quote name='kyrhon']Just wondering, this isn't restricted to just video game sales right?[/QUOTE]

yeah I've been wondering about that too. it seems these recent promotional credits (not pre-order but deals promo) may work with most Amazon products. The message out checkout is worded that way, though in the the bill it lists it as a video game credit

[quote name='Gamer SDP']yeah I've been wondering about that too. it seems these recent promotional credits (not pre-order but deals promo) may work with most Amazon products. The message out checkout is worded that way, though in the the bill it lists it as a video game credit[/QUOTE]

Does it count toward consoles? Mine shipped out today (ordered yesterday) and I'll be receiving credit for it...Well, it's my first time I will be getting game credit from amazon so I don't know the rules.

[quote name='EarthKing']Does it count toward consoles? Mine shipped out today (ordered yesterday) and I'll be receiving credit for it...Well, it's my first time I will be getting game credit from amazon so I don't know the rules.[/QUOTE]

That should be okay as long as it is shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

[quote name='Midnighthawk']Wow this is such BS. I ordered it for $37.99 and I'm trying to get Amazon to make an exception for the $20 gift card but they won't honor the promotion. F'in hell those shady bastards. "Deal of the Day" and the next day it gets a better deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='turls']Yeah, it sucks. But if they still price-matched they probably wouldn't offer the deals they do as often as they do.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat...bought the DotD and then it drops another $8 (after credit). I emailed them first thing when I noticed the change in price and was told I could reject delivery and buy the game at the lower price.

I decided to call them to indicate that it would be easier/cheaper for everyone if they just gave me a credit for the $8. The guy started to give me the same line of BS about not matching price drops, etc. I told him to look at how much I've spent over the last month (been doing most of my X-mas shopping at Amazon) and asked him was he really saying they wouldn't make an exception, because if that was the case I'd be happy to take my business elsewhere. He then game me a bit of crap, saying something like "Are you really complaining over $8?" as if he couldn't believe I was complaining about such a small amount in comparison to what already I've spent. I just replied "Are you really saying you can't give me the $8 credit? Because if that's the case, I really don't have anything more to say than what I've already said.". He then backtracked and offered to credit my account the $8..with some more BS about he doesn't have time to argue for half an hour because he's got lots of other calls waiting.

I've generally been pretty satisfied with Amazon. Sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no. There have been plenty of price drops where I just accepted it as bad timing on my part, but this kind of drop the day after a DotD just really offended me. I don't expect them to price match every price drop, but they really should have done so for everyone that called on this deal without giving them a hard time about it.

[quote name='kyrhon']Just wondering, this isn't restricted to just video game sales right?[/QUOTE]

When the deal first went live it was only a credit for video games, but now it appears it's for everything.

[quote name='willy101']Is this deal still on? I don't see any mention of it on Amazon's website[/QUOTE]
It's dead. It did say "limited time offer," so it's only understandable that they'd kill it on Sunday.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']He then game me a bit of crap, saying something like "Are you really complaining over $8?" as if he couldn't believe I was complaining about such a small amount in comparison to what already I've spent.[/QUOTE]

Yea the reps that I have spoken too have been really flippant and in my opinion rude. I had contacted them about the price drop on LP2 and it was $5 difference.

The guys said (supervisor) "$5 you are complaining about $5 you already got a deal on the game why complain"

Yea I kind of lost it in the chat. Worse part was while I was in the chat I called and got the credit while this dick was arguing with me

bread's done
Back