Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE (360 & PS3) $99.99

Pretty cool package, and there's another non-GS version with a Doctor Jack in the Box too that other retailers are getting, I'm not sure which I like better. Only thing is....the price. OUCH! A little much for me. I do love this series, though.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Pretty cool package, and there's another non-GS version with a Doctor Jack in the Box too that other retailers are getting, I'm not sure which I like better. Only thing is....the price. OUCH! A little much for me. I do love this series, though.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to find a picture of the Doctor Jack set but couldnt find one. Have you seen it yet?

That is an excellent value!

And by "excellent value," I meant great MSRP thread that will be filled with 5 pages of BS and a collector's edition that will be discounted to $60 within 2 months.

[quote name='hypertails02']That is an excellent value!

And by "excellent value," I meant great MSRP thread that will be filled with 5 pages of BS and a collector's edition that will be discounted to $60 within 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,just like the AC2 CE went down to $60 and was so easy to find......:roll:

There's nothing worse than an Ubisoft CE considering the price of the regular edition will be down to 30 bucks in a couple of months after release.

I love the series, but I prepaid for the regular edition with the "get $20 off with $100 or more purchase" deal from GS, along with Halo Reach. Can't justify the added expense of the collector's edition. I just hope they sell the 2 extra maps on the marketplace like they did with AC2.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Not really a deal when you consider exchange rates, but it personally seemed like a cooler CE to me.[/QUOTE]

If only for the fact that it doesn't come with a fucking jack-in-the-box. Wtf does that have to do with anything?

But yeah, a lot cooler.

[quote name='Vap']I was trying to find a picture of the Doctor Jack set but couldnt find one. Have you seen it yet?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but this doesn't belong under gaming deals at MSRP. See the PS3 thread here.

Master Assassin Edition was the best value CE ever, I'm happy with that. This stuff isn't worth an extra $40.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']Except this one isn't a Gamestop exclusive so there should be way more copies out there
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B003YMV2G2/

Love my Ezio statue from AC2, but I think I'll have to pass on this one since the added bonuses aren't worth $40[/QUOTE]

This is a big differentiator. I'm happy I got AC2 CE because it's more often sold ABOVE msrp on ebay (though I know the PS3 version is apparently easier to find).

This should hopefully be halfprice in 6 months. The only question is will the GS exlcusive version hold value and is it cooler to begin with.

Has Cheapy taken a stance on the posting of certain MSRP items in the deals thread? If not I think he needs to, because the argument is getting a bit annoying. Personally I think its fine since in some regards they can be deals... I can bet people these days wouldn't complain if someone posted that they found Demon's Souls or Mass Effect 2 CEs in stock at MSRP, it also at least serves as a heads-up for people looking through the deals thread to use credits or coupons that they currently have.

That said, why is this game getting a CE? This isn't even Assassin's Creed 3 right? The whole time I've figured it was more like AC 2.5 or something since it's using the same areas as ACII, plus there was never any mention that the game would expand on the current-day storyline or anything.

[quote name='eastshore4'] I can bet people these days wouldn't complain if someone posted that they found Demon's Souls or Mass Effect 2 CEs in stock at MSRP.[/QUOTE]
Theres a big difference, those are rare where as this has not even been released yet.

The GS Exclusive Harlequin JiTB is more than likely going to be very rare, but I'm not sure how the value will hold since it's starting so expensive and the overall feeling is less than appealing.

What if this were Arkham City CE for $100 with an included Harley Quinn JiTB? Would that be more appealing, or is it the whole fact of a child's toy stepping over a gamer boundary line that most won't accept?

[quote name='eastshore4']Has Cheapy taken a stance on the posting of certain MSRP items in the deals thread? If not I think he needs to, because the argument is getting a bit annoying. Personally I think its fine since in some regards they can be deals... I can bet people these days wouldn't complain if someone posted that they found Demon's Souls or Mass Effect 2 CEs in stock at MSRP, it also at least serves as a heads-up for people looking through the deals thread to use credits or coupons that they currently have.

That said, why is this game getting a CE? This isn't even Assassin's Creed 3 right? The whole time I've figured it was more like AC 2.5 or something since it's using the same areas as ACII, plus there was never any mention that the game would expand on the current-day storyline or anything.[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion but I dont see a problem with MSRP "deals" being posted. Maybe they should have an MSRP disclaimer in the title but other than that I dont see the harm.

A lot of it is perceived value too. Like this is $100 for an Ubisoft game with a Jack In The Box basically. So paying that much isnt many peoples idea of a good deal.

The LBP2 CE on the other hand was more accepted as a deal since it's only $20 extra for a game that wont drop in price like a rock, and gives you quite a bit for that $20.

[quote name='Kerig']. . .or is it the whole fact of a child's toy stepping over a gamer boundary line that most won't accept?[/QUOTE]
Jack-in-the-boxes during that age were to political cartoons today, actually. They're a form of art and usually the 'jack' was a corrupt politician or devil figure back then.

The more you know. . .

As a collector and seller of these things: limited, collector, special, etc... I say that the GS version will be heads and shoulders worth more and you could make a nice penny if you keep yours unopened and would be worth your time, especially if you can lock this in on some upcoming deal? Now this is just my hunch and speculation as I am pretty good when it comes to things like this.

Normally GS does not like to keep huge overhead of these bigger collector’s editions due to storage space concerns especially when so many games and versions will be coming up during the holiday season in rapid succession (Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, LBP2, Gran Turismo 5, Dead Rising 2, the Guitar/BAND games, etc...). With that in mind, they will end up having a much shorter cut-off date for preordering this unlike the other version which will be everywhere.

Furthermore, this is a true GS rarity as far as CE are concerned as 99% of the time the bonus is only different DLC or some cheap swag thrown in outside of the game itself. The last time I remember anything exceptionally different and exclusive for a GS CE was the Red Dead Redemption CE which nobody else had. Even then, that had just some DLC and a soundtrack which were put inside the game case with a different cover sleeve.

The last time GS offered a figure that other stores did not do was Dante from Dante's Inferno and that was just the NECA toy in a plastic bag. To actually have a totally different physical item like this packaged inside the CE seldom happens. Since the other version will be flooded to every merchant and probably on UBI’s website, you can easily pick one up on launch day or just wait for the inevitable UBI 50% price drop in a couple of months. They will have so many of these other versions that it will drive up the price of the less made GS version.

Either they will buy the JITB by itself for a decent price like $40-50 (trust me, people were paying more than the cost of the game for the Amazon DLC for Transformers WFC and Mod Nation Racers) or want to pay over market value for an unopened CE for true fans of AC that are here or international. I already have some of my international friends asking me to specifically get them the GS CE version and want to get me the Codex Edition in return. I could be wrong, but doubt it as GS will not have an infinite supply of these items as UBI is making this just for them and usually once an item has been exhausted by GS, they seldom get restocked and if they do it is first come first serve.

I hope this helps some of you out?

[quote name='Jodou']Jack-in-the-boxes during that age were to political cartoons today, actually. They're a form of art and usually the 'jack' was a corrupt politician or devil figure back then.

The more you know. . .[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Personally, I think the jack-in-the-box is one of the cooler CEs that I've seen in a while, and I'd be much more inclined to display this than a figurine. That being said, I'm not sure whether I can really justify $100 for it or not. Probably not, with everything else that's coming out around that time.

[quote name='arcane93']That being said, I'm not sure whether I can really justify $100 for it or not. Probably not, with everything else that's coming out around that time.[/QUOTE]
No 'left-over' ECA orders? That'll make my choice real easy once Amazon puts up the listing. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']Jack-in-the-boxes during that age were to political cartoons today, actually. They're a form of art and usually the 'jack' was a corrupt politician or devil figure back then.

The more you know. . .[/QUOTE]

Jack-in-the-boxes during this age are places where stoners can buy tacos and breakfast sandwhiches at 3 in the morning.

[quote name='eastshore4']Jack-in-the-boxes during this age are places where stoners can buy tacos and breakfast sandwhiches at 3 in the morning.[/QUOTE]
Lol, touche.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']For whatever it's worth, I think the UK's version of the Collector's Edition is better.

PS3
PC

Not really a deal when you consider exchange rates, but it personally seemed like a cooler CE to me.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Ubisoft knows their market, though, as (for some reason) we Americans tend to lap up CEs with garish, useless, plastic collectibles while shunning CEs that actually have class (like Alan Wake and Bioshock 2).

I think the Gamestop one might be worth more in the future, but I'm going with Amazon. I don't plan on selling it; I buy Collector's Editions because I like to collect them.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I think the Gamestop one might be worth more in the future, but I'm going with Amazon. I don't plan on selling it; I buy Collector's Editions because I like to collect them.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I like have the "rarer" stuff but would rather have something I may potentially display (however unlikely that might be).

Waaah, let's all whine that this isn't a deal even though CE threads get posted every time a new one comes out and they never get moved so obviously they're not against the "rules."

[quote name='jk5000']These triple digit game CE's are getting out of hand.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but the other ones just aren't quite as fleshed out. I hate when a CE only comes with a bonus DVD, plastic figure, or DLC. At least the triple digits (GoW3 and Bioshock 2, at least.) seem to hit the $60 price range in a few months, which makes it less painful to buy.

though this to me clearly isn't worth $100, but Assassin's Creed collectors are gone after the game releases. I have never seen them after, maybe they are truly "limited"

[quote name='Donutkid2222']though this to me clearly isn't worth $100, but Assassin's Creed collectors are gone after the game releases. I have never seen them after, maybe they are truly "limited"[/QUOTE]

The second one was a GameStop exclusive, so it is kind of hard to find, but I don't think the first one was ever that rare. I bought mine from a Gamecrazy like a year after it originally came out.

[quote name='Brother Daz']MSRP? :applause:[/QUOTE]

this...

[quote name='maximus101']There's nothing worse than an Ubisoft CE considering the price of the regular edition will be down to 30 bucks in a couple of months after release.[/QUOTE]

...and this.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoever buys this at launch is a complete moron[/QUOTE]
Except if you're only paying $70 for it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoever buys this at launch is a complete moron[/QUOTE]

No. If you buy this at launch; you want to, and you can afford to.

Hating on people who spend their own money on things they want seems like jealously because yo ass is brokeeee

A cool $80 for me with my halo reach $20 credit. Maybe less if more credits come in before i pre order it. I have like 22 CE's. Cant stop now...

[quote name='Jodou']Except if you're only paying $70 for it.[/QUOTE]

$70 is still overpriced. This is still an Ubisoft game right? This will be $50 or less a few weeks after it's released.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']No. If you buy this at launch; you want to, and you can afford to.

Hating on people who spend their own money on things they want seems like jealously because yo ass is brokeeee

A cool $80 for me with my halo reach $20 credit. Maybe less if more credits come in before i pre order it. I have like 22 CE's. Cant stop now...[/QUOTE]

Jealousy? LMAO. Man that's hilarious. I'm sorry that you think $80 is good for this, I'll enjoy picking it up at half that a few weeks later. From what you said about havng 22 CE's, company's must love you. Your home must be filled to the brim with useless crap.

I simply cannot believe they have the nerve to charge $99 for this shit. This should have been no more than $79 for what you're getting. A Jack in the box, an artbook, a map, dlc maps, and a bonus disc for $40 above the regular edition is ridiculous.

Your home must be filled to the brim with useless crap.

Seriously. What's the appeal of having shoddily produced trinkets that are broken half the time anyway (see: Bioshock Big Daddy action figure; Splinter Cell memory stick)? I wouldn't even want that crap if it was free; paying an extra $40 for some flimsy garbage that contains about $5 worth of materials is idiocy.

bread's done
Back