Assassin's Creed Collector's Box Set w/12 inch figure $60 (360, PS3, PC) @ Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Play-Asia is now accepting pre-orders on a limited basis for the Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition, available for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC at $59.90. The Collector's Edition features a 12 inch Altair figure. The prototype (the finished product will be in color) is pictured at the left with more photos available on the product page. Play-Asia is selling the Asian version, but the game is already confirmed region free. The USA Collector's Edition is expected to cost $100.

This is a pre-order only and you will not be charged until the item actually ships (estimated March 2007). You can cancel anytime before then via Play-Asia's website. The cheapest shipping option to the USA is $15.20.

Digg me!

I still don't understand what region free means. You have NTSC (America and Canada), PAL (Europe, Australia), and NTSC (Japan).

Which country are region free games "designated" to? What I am asking is, they were created for a particular market, whether it be US, Euro, Jap. What region are region free games targeting?

The price is beautiful, its just that I've never really heard of region free games till I came to CAG. Are they exactly like US versions or a mix of regions?

Region Free means you can play it on any system whether you have an American system, Asian system, European system, etc...

Just like DVD's...

So is the language in japanese then? Just with eng. subs?

Region free games have full english support, just like the USA version.
The only difference is that the packaging and manual is sometimes different.

[quote name='Kendro']I still don't understand what region free means. You have NTSC (America and Canada), PAL (Europe, Australia), and NTSC (Japan).

Which country are region free games "designated" to? What I am asking is, they were created for a particular market, whether it be US, Euro, Jap. What region are region free games targeting?

The price is beautiful, its just that I've never really heard of region free games till I came to CAG. Are they exactly like US versions or a mix of regions?[/quote] http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

You don't really need to know WHY they are region free. All you need to know is that you CAN play these versions on YOUR 360. Maybe their should be a CAG FAQ on the concept of region-free games considering the fact that this question is always raised whenever a play-asia deal emerges.

Thanks for the heads up Cheapy. Looks interesting, may have to pick it up.

[quote name='rcaido']Region Free means you can play it on any system whether you have an American system, Asian system, European system, etc...

Just like DVD's...

So is the language in japanese then? Just with eng. subs?[/quote]

I understand they can be played on any system. But who is their intended market? US? Japan? I never heard of it before. Is this something new?

[quote name='Kendro']I still don't understand what region free means. You have NTSC (America and Canada), PAL (Europe, Australia), and NTSC (Japan).[/quote]

Those are not regions. They are video standards. This has nothing to do with that. Xbox 360 games are divided into regions (the US, Japan & Asia, Europe, etc). However, unlike PS2 games Xbox 360 games do not have to have a region. It's up to the publisher of the game whether to include region coding, so some games don't have it. Since Asian games are usually lower in price than US releases, people will sometimes import the region free ones. They are the same as the US releases -- all in English. (But they're intended for Asia.)

[quote name='Kendro']I understand they can be played on any system. But who is their intended market? US? Japan? I never heard of it before. Is this something new?[/QUOTE]
The intention is they want to sell it to anyone with X360, no matter where they live. It is not really new as it also exist with the original Xbox.

Oh thanks, i always thought they were in another language w/subtitles...WOW, why on earth would anyone buy the US version & pay a lot more?

If we pre-order now, then decide we don't want it somewhere down the line, can we cancel the order right on the website or would we have to call customer service?

[quote name='Ma12kez']If we pre-order now, then decide we don't want it somewhere down the line, can we cancel the order right on the website...[/quote]yes, yes you can.

[quote name='CheapyD']yes, yes you can.[/quote]Cool, thanks for the clarification Cheapy! I broke down and pre-ordered one for $75.14. Which means more money for you Cheapy.:lol:

[quote name='rustyrage']The USA Collector's Edition is expected to cost $100.

What the hell? Better have some good stuff.[/quote]

yea, a $30 figure. not bad as long as it is of exceptional quality

Yes, I'd imagine the US version will come with the figure, but it will be at least $100 (according to my sources).

The way I look at, if you are on the fence, you might as well just go ahead and pre-order from play-asia. Since you aren't paying until it ships, you have plenty of time to cancel if you change your mind.

yes. normally i would, but i have a butt load of credit at best buy at the moment (~$300). i was planning on buying my next 4 or so games from there not counting gears of war, got that paid off at eb.

so the wife doesnt think i will be spending money on games for a while.

edit: i did it. damn, ce's and le's are gonna break me!

Wow I didn't know AC was due to come out in March, thought it was a "later in 2007" release. Didn't look that finished at the demonstration in X06.....

Cheapy, you would spring this shit on us right before "Dark November" when we have all sold our children into slavery already for the coming scourge of awesome games.....

Damn it, what to do what to do.....

I bit, I must admit I know nothing about this game, but the price is right and that bonus looks sweet. I figure there is still enough time for me to change my mind.

This is the figure in color. Looks pretty nice. If the game lives up to what they are trying to do with it, it should be very cool.

PA.77994.002.jpg

I'll pass. If I wanted a shady looking guy in dirty robes, I'd adopt a hobo.

This "collector's edition" nonsense is getting out of hand.

I was in gamestop today and someone came in asking if there were any more Double Agents left, and the clerk was like, "We only have the Limited Edition left." Yeah, that's not ironic.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'm sure the regular edition will be comparably cheap.

I wonder how they confirmed it region free so early. We can assume it's region free because it's Ubisoft, but still confirmed this early?

I really don't care about the collector's edition, but I'll pre-order the regular game if they get it in for $43 shipped.

Prince of Persia meets Hitman, with a historical context? Sounds promising, but will it be worth $76 ($70 w/$5 off $50)? Maybe if Jade Raymond was in it...homina homina...

[quote name='Leggo']I'll pass. If I wanted a shady looking guy in dirty robes, I'd adopt a hobo.

This "collector's edition" nonsense is getting out of hand.[/quote]

I'm adopted a hobo and, let me tell you, I'd take the statue over the hobo anyday. The statue won't smell and steal all your alcohol. And the collector's edition deally is really out of hand, I want a real life assasin dude (hot chick would be better) with my game, not some 12 inch statue!

[quote name='Leggo']I'll pass. If I wanted a shady looking guy in dirty robes, I'd adopt a hobo.

This "collector's edition" nonsense is getting out of hand.

I was in gamestop today and someone came in asking if there were any more Double Agents left, and the clerk was like, "We only have the Limited Edition left." Yeah, that's not ironic.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'm sure the regular edition will be comparably cheap.[/QUOTE]

At least this CE has some substance to it, not just a metal tin and making of DVD for ten extra dollars.

This is from the guys that did the first Prince of Persia. That is all I need to know. I'm sold. I've never bought a region free game from them before. Is there any resale value to be had since it is region free? Ebay?

Good deal, but this is one of those CE's I can imagine getting to be worth some money, so I'm going to get it from a US retailer because chances are it's going to hold its value alot better.

If you are remotely interested in this, I'd recommend getting your order in as soon as possible. Don't ask me any questions as this post doesn't even exist. I'll deny it and you can't prove anything.

Wow shipping is expensive...I'll go ahead an pre-order since they aren't going to charge me until it actually ships, but what are the chances of this coming out in the US?

Ok, I finally pre-ordered the PS3 version due to the Joystiq thing. Worst comes to worst I'll just cancel if it comes out in the U.S.

I ordered one for 360. Game looks cool and Ubisoft has yet to disappoint me lately. I agree that Jade Raymond is hot, homina...homina.

I'll wait and see if the US version is 100$. If it is WTF!, I havent been picking up the cheaper asian version's of games but for 40$ theirs really no choice

bread's done
Back