Assassin's Creed for $4.99 at Gamestop (Xbox 360)

CyReN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
tn_300x220_powerdeal_assassins.jpg

Xbox 360

Does work with CAG16 code.

Personally I'd get it at the store to save some $ on shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was such a good deal, I rolled out of work to go grab a copy quick. Got a great looking one too. Thanks for the heads up.

Gamestop must be the worst retail store in existance. I just called to see why the ps3 version was more, and if they would match the price. Shockingly, the answer was they have no idea but they can not match prices.

Ohh yeah and if you want to pick it up in store, the price is 8 bucks, not 5. Just check the website. Not that 3 bucks is really much of a difference, but it's just the stupidity of their pricing policy.

[quote name='gerst19']Gamestop must be the worst retail store in existance. I just called to see why the ps3 version was more, and if they would match the price. Shockingly, the answer was they have no idea but they can not match prices.[/QUOTE]

Lol never heard of a company matching their own prices. Isn't the psthree version just a couple dollars more? In which case why all the whining? Lol...have you ever walked into a store that sells games? 360 versions are almost always cheaper because they get more trade ins for it because of the stronger game to system attach rate. Therefore to clear inventory they make the 360 games cheaper faster.

[quote name='gerst19']Ohh yeah and if you want to pick it up in store, the price is 8 bucks, not 5. Just check the website. Not that 3 bucks is really much of a difference, but it's just the stupidity of their pricing policy.[/QUOTE]

My experience has been that you get the sale price if its on sale in the store too. Thier system is screwed up in that way.

[quote name='gerst19']Ohh yeah and if you want to pick it up in store, the price is 8 bucks, not 5. Just check the website. Not that 3 bucks is really much of a difference, but it's just the stupidity of their pricing policy.[/QUOTE]

Lol you whine alot for someone who is obviously clueless.

[quote name='hellbringer333']Lol never heard of a company matching their own prices. Isn't the psthree version just a couple dollars more? In which case why all the whining? Lol...have you ever walked into a store that sells games? 360 versions are almost always cheaper because they get more trade ins for it because of the stronger game to system attach rate. Therefore to clear inventory they make the 360 games cheaper faster.[/QUOTE]

"Lol" it's $10 more. "Lol".

[quote name='hellbringer333']Lol never heard of a company matching their own prices. Isn't the psthree version just a couple dollars more? In which case why all the whining? Lol...have you ever walked into a store that sells games? 360 versions are almost always cheaper because they get more trade ins for it because of the stronger game to system attach rate. Therefore to clear inventory they make the 360 games cheaper faster.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of a company having 2 different prices for PS3 and the 360 for the exact same game. Just look at Target, Best Buy, Toys-R-Us, etc. But that's Gamestop for ya.

[quote name='hellbringer333']I wonder if gamestop would match the price of NBA 2k11 for ps2 with the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

Wow someone is bitter that gamestop is a shitty store.

Good deal and good game especially for those wanting to get into the AC series. All of the other games are in Italy, even the new AC coming this year. This is the only one with a different environment other than just Italy.

For those getting a different price in store, tell them to check the web. The price IS $4.99 in store. The store I was in had the higher price at first. Then they went to a different window and got the $4.99 price. Insist they check the web or bring a print out. I think this is so new, some things haven't updated yet.

Awesome, I'm a big AC fan (got Plat for AC2 and ACB). Always wanted to replay and get rewarded for beating the first game.

Can't beat $5.

It's too bad the first AC is soooooo boring, otherwise I'd pick this up again as that is a fantastic deal. LOVE AC2 and AC:B, but hated AC1...

[quote name='Darknuke']It's too bad the first AC is soooooo boring, otherwise I'd pick this up again as that is a fantastic deal. LOVE AC2 and AC:B, but hated AC1...[/QUOTE]
This.

HATED Assassin's Creed 1 because of the repetition, but AC2 and AC:B fixed nearly all my complaints.

I got it a while back, sold it though, was too... I dunno slow fo rme. For $5 I might give it another chance and for ANOTHER $5 I can buy my friend who just got her Xbox a game.

I just came back from Gamestop store. The instore price for Assassins Creed Xbox 360 is $4.99 in store as well. Confirmed - I purchised one.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']am I the only one that preferred AC1 over the sequels? I just couldn't stand the accents in AC2 ._.[/QUOTE]

I agree the first one was my favorite as well. I played AC2 and completed it but I only got about 1/2 way through AC:B and just stopped.

[quote name='ivos']I just came back from Gamestop store. The instore price for Assassins Creed Xbox 360 is $4.99 in store as well. Confirmed - I purchised one.[/QUOTE]

Great price, but I got this for $4.99 at Best Buy like a year or two ago after Black Friday. ($4.99 for AC1 and Bioshock 1)

[quote name='gerst19']I have never heard of a company having 2 different prices for PS3 and the 360 for the exact same game. Just look at Target, Best Buy, Toys-R-Us, etc. But that's Gamestop for ya.[/QUOTE]

Those are new games prices that you are comparing to used game prices from GS. It is not quite the same thing.

They sell the new games at MSRP when they receive them from the publishers. However, used games are driven by the trade in market. Like an earlier poster pointed out, there are often more trade ins for the 360 version of a game for various reasons. Then, it is just simply a case of supply and demand.

[quote name='handsomepete']psa - for the love of all that's holy if you're playing through and have the slightest intention of getting all of the achievements, make sure you hit every conversation with Lucy. Otherwise you have to play all the way through again.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a12927/conversationalist-achievement.htm[/QUOTE]

QFTW. I was so glad I checked out that site before I started my playthrough of AC. You'll also want/need this to get all the collection achievements:

http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/

[quote name='Yanksfan']Those are new games prices that you are comparing to used game prices from GS. It is not quite the same thing.

They sell the new games at MSRP when they receive them from the publishers. However, used games are driven by the trade in market. Like an earlier poster pointed out, there are often more trade ins for the 360 version of a game for various reasons. Then, it is just simply a case of supply and demand.[/QUOTE]

Not always, I have seen new 360 games on sale for 19.99, while the PS3 version is selling for 29.99.

When I handed it to the cashier and told her it should come up in the computer $4.99 she looked at me like I was disturbed and told me thats it wasn't likely. When it did ring up at the price she felt really stupid.

[quote name='gerst19']Gamestop must be the worst retail store in existance.[/QUOTE]

"Which is why I complain on the internet when I inexplicably continue to give them my business."

[quote name='handsomepete']psa - for the love of all that's holy if you're playing through and have the slightest intention of getting all of the achievements, make sure you hit every conversation with Lucy. Otherwise you have to play all the way through again.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a12927/conversationalist-achievement.htm[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Marker']QFTW. I was so glad I checked out that site before I started my playthrough of AC. You'll also want/need this to get all the collection achievements:

http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/[/QUOTE]

I had no trouble getting all of the Lucy conversations in my first playthrough. I was just really interested in the real-world story, and a little disappointed that it took a back seat in AC2... but then I was happy that it was expanded significantly in ACB.

I didn't get 1000/1000, though, because of those damn collection achievements. It's fine in ACB, where you can purchase in-game maps to show you where the ones you don't have are, but in AC1 and AC2, they might as well just call the achievement "used a walkthrough." I don't think anyone who got those achievements actually enjoyed GETTING them.

Assassins Creed 1 is a glorified tech demo, while fully playable there is almost no reason to do so. The story is competent and the climbing is amusing but every other aspect falls flat. If you're ok with buying a 2/5 quality title for $5 then go ahead and get it but I honestly suggest you reinvest that money into Assassins Creed 2. It's a much better game in almost every regard (smooth combat, interesting story, non repetitive mechanics) and can be readily found at the $20 price point.

[quote name='mkelehan']I had no trouble getting all of the Lucy conversations in my first playthrough. I was just really interested in the real-world story, and a little disappointed that it took a back seat in AC2... but then I was happy that it was expanded significantly in ACB.

I didn't get 1000/1000, though, because of those damn collection achievements. It's fine in ACB, where you can purchase in-game maps to show you where the ones you don't have are, but in AC1 and AC2, they might as well just call the achievement "used a walkthrough." I don't think anyone who got those achievements actually enjoyed GETTING them.[/QUOTE]

I hate collection achievements. I actually started playing AC1 last month and just decided not to even bother with collecting the flags because it's just so tedious.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']am I the only one that preferred AC1 over the sequels? I just couldn't stand the accents in AC2 ._.[/QUOTE]
I didn't prefer AC1, but I definitely am glad I got the game, despite everyone telling me to skip it and go straight into AC2. I enjoyed the first one a lot. The setting was awesome and despite the reptitiveness and simplicity of combat (just hold block! BOOM...Counter Hit!!!) I enjoyed that too. I thought it was pretty good.

Will they price match the one I bought last week? It is only $3, but that is $3 I could throw toward another game.

[quote name='cusm']Will they price match the one I bought last week? It is only $3, but that is $3 I could throw toward another game.[/QUOTE]

Return policy is either 7 or 14 days I think. Just return and rebuy at the new price.

[quote name='brimicbed']Permanent price drop.[/QUOTE]

No, you're wrong. Assassin's Creed (X360) for $4.99 is for ONE WEEK ONLY as stated in the OP.

[quote name='abhinav']Assassins Creed 1 is a glorified tech demo, while fully playable there is almost no reason to do so. The story is competent and the climbing is amusing but every other aspect falls flat. If you're ok with buying a 2/5 quality title for $5 then go ahead and get it but I honestly suggest you reinvest that money into Assassins Creed 2. It's a much better game in almost every regard (smooth combat, interesting story, non repetitive mechanics) and can be readily found at the $20 price point.[/QUOTE]

AC bored the hell out of me too, but it is far, FAR, from being a "glorified tech demo". That comment is absolutely absurd.

Thanks OP, picked up a copy this morning on the way to work. I never got 100% completion on this one since I borrowed it from a friend back when it first came out. For less than $5 bucks I can't complain!

will grab a copy to complete my set
waiting for 2 from Goozex, loved Brotherhood and will get whatever CE they have for revelations

bread's done
Back