Assassin's Creed for $4.99 at Gamestop (Xbox 360)

CyReN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
tn_300x220_powerdeal_assassins.jpg

Xbox 360

Does work with CAG16 code.

Personally I'd get it at the store to save some $ on shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPOILER SPOILER

Omg this game almost made me rip my hair out ! The graphics were great but altier was a boring character and all the áreas look the same.then there were the glitches, froze on me 9 times and i also got the floating altier matrix glich.there was also no stelthy way to assasinate the templar targets as they will see you right away and a big brawl insews (so much for being a stealthy assasin huh)if it wasnt for the great story i wouldnt have even finished it.Thank god part 2 and brotherhood are sooooooo much better cant wait to see who subject 16 is and Why did the gods have desmond kill lucy !

Oh and who ever hasnt played this game prepair your mind for those annoying crazed men who will get in the way of your missions and those beggers chasing you and saying excuse me sir do you have some coins and please sir spair some change GRAAAAAAAAA ! THAT DROVE ME INSAINE !

Omg i forgot to put the spoiler tag.im so Sorry for who hasnt played it.i dont post to much so i forget thinks like that :(

Ok i fixed it

The defending of Gamestop makes me sick, and no...I do not shop there. I am surprised the store is so highly advertised on cag. Its anything but a store for cagers. Have you seen how many copies of this game are floating around?...of course they are going to sell it for 4.99 to get rid of it.

You know Whats funny ? Not that long ago gamestop was still selling assasin creed for around 20 lol their used game pricing doesnt make me laugh sometimes.some of their used prices for 360 multiplats are much cheaper Than their ps3 counterparts.i just got starwars force unleashed for 9 bucks today for the 360 while the ps3 version is still almost 20 dollars wtf That makes no since.is it because dvd's are cheaper than blue rays or something ? Just one of the many bennifits of having both hd systems

[quote name='killa5k7']The defending of Gamestop makes me sick, and no...I do not shop there. I am surprised the store is so highly advertised on cag. Its anything but a store for cagers. Have you seen how many copies of this game are floating around?...of course they are going to sell it for 4.99 to get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

You're right!!! How DARE GS discount a game to cheaper than anyone else!!! BASTARDS! They should be ashamed of themselves for trying to sell games for cheaper than anyone else!!! Gamestop sucks!!!:roll:

[quote name='Microshock']All of the other games are in Italy, even the new AC coming this year. This is the only one with a different environment other than just Italy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...not even a little true. Altaïr's Chronicles takes place in Jerusalem, Israel. Bloodlines takes place on the island of Cyprus. The upcoming Lost Legacy will take place in Masyaf and it has been confirmed that Revelations will be in Constantinople.

Of the 8 games (9 if you want to count the Facebook game), 3 of them focus on Italy.

[quote name='Microshock']Good deal and good game especially for those wanting to get into the AC series. All of the other games are in Italy, even the new AC coming this year. This is the only one with a different environment other than just Italy.[/QUOTE]

That's right. Good old Constaninople, Italy.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']AC bored the hell out of me too, but it is far, FAR, from being a "glorified tech demo". That comment is absolutely absurd.[/QUOTE]

You're right, maybe that was a bit extreeme but it felt like they designed 7 missions and forced you to do them dozens of times to progress. They built a nice sandbox world but gave the player nothing fun to do for most of it. But you are correct, the scope and size of the worlds in AC1 make it beyond any sort of demo.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yeah...not even a little true. Altaïr's Chronicles takes place in Jerusalem, Israel. Bloodlines takes place on the island of Cyprus. The upcoming Lost Legacy will take place in Masyaf and it has been confirmed that Revelations will be in Constantinople.

Of the 8 games (9 if you want to count the Facebook game), 3 of them focus on Italy.[/QUOTE]

I wish some of the rumors I heard last year for India/Russia/South America were true. It's not that Constantinople is boring it's just that they could be picking more interesting cities/regions. Looking forward to Revelations, can't wait to finish the Ezio storyline.

[quote name='caldazar']hmm website is saying $7.99. is the deal dead? i might wander over on my lunch break to check it out all the same.[/QUOTE]

As Emotionaly challanged and emo as ever,altier snuck into gamestop headquarters and threatened the CEO telling him "How daré you sell me for that cheap fix the price or else !) As he leaves the building he says to himself in a sacrastic voice(im etzio altitore blah blah blah he gets all the money sniff sniff fu****g jade raymond)

[quote name='abhinav']I wish some of the rumors I heard last year for India/Russia/South America were true. It's not that Constantinople is boring it's just that they could be picking more interesting cities/regions. Looking forward to Revelations, can't wait to finish the Ezio storyline.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I've never liked Ezio and I can't wait to be done with him. It's great that they introduced a character with much more personality, but they should've picked a better one. Heh. I guess I no longer hate him like I did in AC2, but he still hasn't really grown on me.

As for the location...I also agree that it's not quite as interesting as it could've been. And I'm a bit surprised that they chose that one. Early in the year, I was given a survey from Ubisoft about Assassin's Creed and when asked about my preferred setting, the options were Ancient Egypt, Russian Revolution, Feudal Japan, invasion of the Americas by Spanish Conquistadors, Medieval China, Victorian England, and Ancient Rome (during Caesar's rule). Personally, I was rooting for Victorian England. But hey, I guess there's still a chance for one of these to show up (although I don't recall how many of these are actually near pieces of Eden). After all, Ubisoft has stated that they plan on making more games. I have to admit that I hope they close the series soon, though. I loves me some AC, but I don't want it to become the next Guitar Hero.

is the deal dead or not? Website seems to be down so i cant really check. I was gonna head in saturday to check sinc ei still dont have a copy of AC1 I dont want the platinum hits version so i never bought one. Thats all you can find new these days

[quote name='ZombieToast']Same here. I've never liked Ezio and I can't wait to be done with him. It's great that they introduced a character with much more personality, but they should've picked a better one. Heh. I guess I no longer hate him like I did in AC2, but he still hasn't really grown on me.

As for the location...I also agree that it's not quite as interesting as it could've been. And I'm a bit surprised that they chose that one. Early in the year, I was given a survey from Ubisoft about Assassin's Creed and when asked about my preferred setting, the options were Ancient Egypt, Russian Revolution, Feudal Japan, invasion of the Americas by Spanish Conquistadors, Medieval China, Victorian England, and Ancient Rome (during Caesar's rule). Personally, I was rooting for Victorian England. But hey, I guess there's still a chance for one of these to show up (although I don't recall how many of these are actually near pieces of Eden). After all, Ubisoft has stated that they plan on making more games. I have to admit that I hope they close the series soon, though. I loves me some AC, but I don't want it to become the next Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]

if they had an Assassin's Creed set in Egypt, Japan, England or Rome, any of those would be awesome. Shame they're getting repetitive / lazy with the same setting 3 games in a row now.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']if they had an Assassin's Creed set in Egypt, Japan, England or Rome, any of those would be awesome. Shame they're getting repetitive / lazy with the same setting 3 games in a row now.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0Rt0slfy4

They Might Be Giants Istanbul Not Constantinople

I for one am looking forward to a Turkish Delight on a Moonlit Night.

Have you ever had Turkish Delight? It's pretty disgusting. Damn that Narnia for tricking me...

P.S. I've had that song stuck in my head all day. And I totally forgot about that Tiny Toons cartoon. That makes at least two TMBG songs that they've featured on there.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Have you ever had Turkish Delight? It's pretty disgusting. Damn that Narnia for tricking me...

P.S. I've had that song stuck in my head all day. And I totally forgot about that Tiny Toons cartoon. That makes at least two TMBG songs that they've featured on there.[/QUOTE]

OMG ! I remember that episode ah when cartoons aste acually good. Did you ever the banned episode when buster and the others drink beer ? Lol watch it on you tube and you will see why it was banned.

Got a 4.99 copy today in Virginia. It said pre-owned and was open, but is in perfect condition. Was even able to safely pull off the pre-owned sticker. :applause:

hmm you guys sure its still 5 bucks? online shows 8.00 and i checked my local store and they didn't have any in stock, but whne they checked in the system it said 7.99 I could check stores a few towns over but not if its gona be 8 bucks

Wow!!!
Can you read? Several people say they got it today for 4.99. The first post is a picture with the words one week only!!! Add seven to the start date on the picture. Wow just wow!!!

Also it amazes me how people drive to several towns to get a game that 7.99 a few days ago. Lol...I promise you that you will spend more than three dollars in gas to get a below average game. Why not just wait and get it the next time you want another game? Yeah it might be 7.99 when you go but at least you are not burning gas for one average game disguised as a good game with a cheap price

Screw you. I just fucking said that i checked in store and it was showing 8.00 and that online shows 8.00 too. I even just called a store that does have it in stock and they confirmed it was 7.99 as well. So i dont know how these people are getting it for 4.99, its not that around here

How about opening your mouth on the phone instead of on the Internet? How about telling them about the sale instead of going duh ok by? Seriously dude. The game was 7.99!!! If you didn't want it then why the hell all the fuss now? Lol it's 3$ cheaper!!! Is it really worth the hassle? It is the equiv. of a 60$ game being 57$. You just want it because everyone here is getting it.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']i think hellbringer needs a nap.[/QUOTE]

seriously >_< *rubs temples* whatever, not in the mood to get in a flamewar with some snotty little kid. As i said i did call and check with a store that HAD the game in stock and they said it was still coming up as 7.99. How about you actually READ? They didn't have it with the case and stuff anyway, so i wasn't interested regardless I actually only buy my current gen games new, but i havent really found a copy of this new for the original label version. I figured for about 4 bucks id snag it if they had a non platinum hits version, but seems its still the regular 8.00 price around here for some reason.

Yes, it's still available at $4.99.

You don't want to call the guys though. They do not know that the price is $4.99 until they actually scan the game at checkout. The cashier was shocked at the price after telling me I'd save about $0.70 if I became a member, since he was basing it on the displayed price of $7.99.

is it actually different than the computer listed price? because i mentioned that i think it was on sale for 5 bucks, but when she checked on the computer it still said 8 dollars. Im not sure if she actually scanned the barcode or looked it up on the system but it said 8.00, she wasn't going by the price tag

[quote name='Kenshindono']is it actually different than the computer listed price? because i mentioned that i think it was on sale for 5 bucks, but when she checked on the computer it still said 8 dollars. Im not sure if she actually scanned the barcode or looked it up on the system but it said 8.00, she wasn't going by the price tag[/QUOTE]

I just bought a copy about 90 minutes ago, and it rang up $4.99.

I highly doubt the workers would actually go over and scan a game when they can just check on the computer. They probably just told you what it's listed at, not the actual price.

I had a reason to go out near my local Gamestop, and it worked out. I'd say try if it's feasible because I don't know if at this point it's a YMMV thing (doubt it though).

Is today the last day to get the game? Or does it expire at the end of this month or something? I regret not getting it the other day, ugh.

[quote name='strait edge follower']OMG ! I remember that episode ah when cartoons aste acually good. Did you ever the banned episode when buster and the others drink beer ? Lol watch it on you tube and you will see why it was banned.[/QUOTE]
Oh boy, I had forgotten about that episode. I never thought anything of it at the time, but I guess that would be controversial nowadays. Stuff like that was totally acceptable when I was a kid, though. All of our shows had some kind of message about alcohol, drugs, sex, or racism. We had a lot of "very special episodes". It was never nearly as bad as what you can find on Comedy Central or Cartoon Network, though.

i'd have to be payed well over minimum wage to play this game. its like alpha testing for AC 2 and Brotherhood...

[quote name='ZombieToast']Oh boy, I had forgotten about that episode. I never thought anything of it at the time, but I guess that would be controversial nowadays. Stuff like that was totally acceptable when I was a kid, though. All of our shows had some kind of message about alcohol, drugs, sex, or racism. We had a lot of "very special episodes". It was never nearly as bad as what you can find on Comedy Central or Cartoon Network, though.[/QUOTE]

I still hate cartoon network. They ruined toonami (my god that made my weekdays comming back home From school) They went From showing dragon ball z, reboot samurai jack, outlaw star, cowboy beebop, tenshi muio, kenshin, ronin warriors to showing cr*p like bleach and bo bo bo bo bo what ever that cr*p show was called. Toonami introduced me to so much anime and now the network sucks. Ever since ctn nixed mainframe intertainment deal They had reboot was never finnished. Ill never force the last line said on reboot by megabyte (god what a great antagonist, rest in peace voice actor) he said " now we begin the hunt ! " i miss reboot :(

It does indeed suck that ReBoot got canceled like that. The original series (before season 4) was my favorite show as a kid. I had trouble getting into the final season and I imagine a lot of fans probably felt the same way; too many things changed in such a short amount of time. Also, I don't think Cartoon Network was the right audience for a show like that. It's still a damn shame, though. But as far as I know, they're still working on the third movie, so at least there's that to look forward to. Perhaps it will actually tie up some loose ends (whatever wasn't already covered in Lost Paradigm).

[quote name='ZombieToast']It does indeed suck that ReBoot got canceled like that. The original series (before season 4) was my favorite show as a kid. I had trouble getting into the final season and I imagine a lot of fans probably felt the same way; too many things changed in such a short amount of time. Also, I don't think Cartoon Network was the right audience for a show like that. It's still a damn shame, though. But as far as I know, they're still working on the third movie, so at least there's that to look forward to. Perhaps it will actually tie up some loose ends (whatever wasn't already covered in Lost Paradigm).[/QUOTE]

I thought mainframe canceled that project, and i agree that season 3 should have ended the show. I was liking the deamon saga but now we dont know what happened. With megabytes voice actor now dead who the heck is going to do it ? There is no way he can be replaced

[quote name='strait edge follower']I thought mainframe canceled that project, and i agree that season 3 should have ended the show. I was liking the deamon saga but now we dont know what happened. With megabytes voice actor now dead who the heck is going to do it ? There is no way he can be replaced[/QUOTE]
Just in March, they announced that they are working on several projects, including a new movie. So, it may not be the same one they were working on before, but they at least have something planned. It certainly sucks that Tony Jay has died, but there are a lot of talented voice actors who can imitate voices quite well. I'm sure they could find someone sufficient to take over. It won't be exactly the same, but it probably wouldn't be anyway. Whenever a cartoon comes back after several years, the characters usually sound a little different even if the same actors are used.

Regarding the price difference between 360 vs PS3, in my experience PS3 games are almost always more expensive used...at least at Gamestop.

bread's done
Back